S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

My NEW S550

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 06:06 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2014 S550
My NEW S550

HI EVERYONE!!!!!!

I am joining the club =) NEW S550 is on its way to me!!!!! CHECK IT OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brad
Attached Thumbnails My NEW S550-e350sw002.jpg   My NEW S550-e350sw003.jpg   My NEW S550-e350sw004.jpg   My NEW S550-e350sw005.jpg   My NEW S550-e350sw016.jpg  

Old 07-21-2006, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by Chucky300
HI EVERYONE!!!!!!

I am joining the club =) NEW S550 is on its way to me!!!!! CHECK IT OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brad
Congratulations on a great package....you are going to love it!!!

When do you take delivery?
Old 07-21-2006, 06:37 PM
Banned

2014 S550
Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
Congratulations on a great package....you are going to love it!!!

When do you take delivery?
Wiring the money on monday (SENT DEPOSIT VIA AMEX CARD) and they will ship it out on monday - and take delivery 4 days later they said......... so.......... GOD!!!!!!!!! LOL im excited!!

IS the ABC in this car REALLY good? i have abc in my 2002 S500 and its great but i heard 2nd generation ABC is TOTALLY revamped.............

How do you engage it sport mode?

brad
Old 07-21-2006, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Wiring the money on monday (SENT DEPOSIT VIA AMEX CARD) and they will ship it out on monday - and take delivery 4 days later they said......... so.......... GOD!!!!!!!!! LOL im excited!!

IS the ABC in this car REALLY good? i have abc in my 2002 S500 and its great but i heard 2nd generation ABC is TOTALLY revamped.............

How do you engage it sport mode?

brad
Great Chucky...they are pros as shipping!

ABC is fantastic...it is engaged all the time unless you select to raise the car by a button on the dash next to the display. It works in Confort mode or Sport...in Sport it will be firmer and the shift pattern altered. With ABC and the Active Dynamic seats you will feel like you are welded to the seat on curves. There is no lean and no dive or squat...a great ride experience.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:53 PM
Banned

2014 S550
Great Chucky...they are pros as shipping!

ABC is fantastic...it is engaged all the time unless you select to raise the car by a button on the dash next to the display. It works in Confort mode or Sport...in Sport it will be firmer and the shift pattern altered. With ABC and the Active Dynamic seats you will feel like you are welded to the seat on curves. There is no lean and no dive or squat...a great ride experience.
HI!
And the comfort / sport mode is done through the computer ?
I am 25 by the way! Is that weird i chose this car? I figured the way it was optioned out - its VERY youthfull...........................

i have the active dynamic seats too! =)
Old 07-21-2006, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

HI!
And the comfort / sport mode is done through the computer ?
I am 25 by the way! Is that weird i chose this car? I figured the way it was optioned out - its VERY youthfull...........................

i have the active dynamic seats too! =)
There is a button on the the control console just to the left of the the mouse ...it has a C/S on it. You select Comfort or Sport by pressing this button and it displays the mode on the dash next to the speedo. You should be in neutral to switch the mode.

Those seats are fantastic...took a 5000 mile trip and covered 900 miles one day and never got stiff or tired...and I am 74! You are fortunate to be able to get a car like this at 25...:-) The AMG package gives it a nice sporty look and you will love it. The ride is so quiet and with the ABC every crack in the pavement is softened...I could go on for hours...:-))))

BTW...I have a pdf download of the manual on one of my sites...

http://homepage.mac.com/nevadajacksmac Just click on the download icon.

Last edited by Nevada Jack; 07-21-2006 at 07:08 PM.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:54 PM
Banned

2014 S550
There is a button on the the control console just to the left of the the mouse ...it has a C/S on it. You select Comfort or Sport by pressing this button and it displays the mode on the dash next to the speedo. You should be in neutral to switch the mode.

Those seats are fantastic...took a 5000 mile trip and covered 900 miles one day and never got stiff or tired...and I am 74! You are fortunate to be able to get a car like this at 25...:-) The AMG package gives it a nice sporty look and you will love it. The ride is so quiet and with the ABC every crack in the pavement is softened...I could go on for hours...:-))))

BTW...I have a pdf download of the manual on one of my sites...

HI!

I am downloading now that pDF File!!!!!!!!
I am very excited.
For the phone! I have Cingular wireless......... can i buy a bluetooth phone from Cingular and get bring it into my car and use it in the car??? with the speakers.......

brad
Old 07-21-2006, 08:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2024 S580 | 2024 Escalade ESV Sport Plat | 2022 X5M Competition
Congrats on the new car. You will enjoy it.

Jack: I don't think you have to be in neutral to switch between C/S modes. I play around with it constantly usually while moving and it works just fine.

Also, in Comfort mode, the car starts in 2nd gear. I find the C mode pretty much useless. The ride is soft enough in Sport and starting in 2nd is not very exciting. =)
Old 07-21-2006, 08:10 PM
Banned

2014 S550
Originally Posted by ///MB

Jack: I don't think you have to be in neutral to switch between C/S modes. I play around with it constantly usually while moving and it works just fine.

Also, in Comfort mode, the car starts in 2nd gear. I find the C mode pretty much useless. The ride is soft enough in Sport and starting in 2nd is not very exciting. =)
The Syrius satelight....... thats in the command center? I am just so excited i have a million and one questions!!!!

Thanks for the congrats! WOW you have an S600 ! That car is SOOOO fast!

Jack - do u notice if the S550 is much faster than the S500 or the same??
Old 07-21-2006, 08:16 PM
Banned

2014 S550
HI!

I am downloading now that pDF File!!!!!!!!
I am very excited.
For the phone! I have Cingular wireless......... can i buy a bluetooth phone from Cingular and get bring it into my car and use it in the car??? with the speakers.......

brad
Are Heated Seats Standard in the Rear ? ? Or ONLY with the Rear Seat Package?
Old 07-21-2006, 08:17 PM

The Syrius satelight....... thats in the command center? I am just so excited i have a million and one questions!!!!

Thanks for the congrats! WOW you have an S600 ! That car is SOOOO fast!

Yes, you control the Sirius satellite from the COMAND. It's just like switching from CD to FM etc... you can switch to Satellite.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:26 PM
Banned

2014 S550
Yes, you control the Sirius satellite from the COMAND. It's just like switching from CD to FM etc... you can switch to Satellite.

Is the Sound System on the W221 Far better than The W220 ?
Old 07-21-2006, 08:31 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
Congrats Brad! Everyone is buying from Glauser aren't they? The pressures on!!
Old 07-21-2006, 08:36 PM
Banned

2014 S550
Originally Posted by AsianML
Congrats Brad! Everyone is buying from Glauser aren't they? The pressures on!!

Hey AsianML THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1989300SEL says hi by the way!!!!!!!11

brad
Old 07-21-2006, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

HI!

brad
Contact AWS, the company handling MB phones. Here is the URL... http://www.wireless4mb.com/

Check out the site and see the phones that are compatible with the cradle. You can check with them to see if the phone directly from Cingular will work with the cradle. I would not go BT...by using the cradle the phone will charge when plugged into the cradle and also the phone will use the cars external antenna, as well as download the Address Book each time you plug it in. I have a Cingular Motorola V557 and it works great. The cradle from AWS is $220.

Last edited by Nevada Jack; 07-21-2006 at 09:51 PM.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:35 PM

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
2009 S550 4Matic 2009 GL 550 2009 AM DBS
hey I just picked up my S550 obsidian black on wednesday night with the AMG package. its awesome and I love it so much, have not had time to take a picture

I too have cingular and purchased a motorola razr phone and it is seamless integration. Although I had to pair it again after the initial set up. Apparently, the dealer said they have noticed this and after the 2nd paring it works. Eventhough it was paired at delivery the next morning it did not work, so we did again and now each time i get to the car it states, activating telephone, and ina minute I good to go.

PM if you need a place to buty a unlocked phone for good $.

jp
Old 07-21-2006, 09:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The manual indicates the car should be in park when changing between C and S...I think it is for safety because when moving and you make the shift, you are not quite sure what gear you will be in and be unprepared for it.

I use sport most of the time around locally but when I want the full S Class "ride in comfort" effect I use comfort mode.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I had a E320 and then an S430 before the S550 and YES...the 550 is much faster...when you tromp on it in Sport mode, you move....! 382HP do make a difference...
Old 07-21-2006, 09:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Is the Sound System on the W221 Far better than The W220 ?
I think the HK is much better than the BOSE in the S430. I had HK in my E320 but the S is much better.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bentley Continental GT 2004

Oh oh! I never knew that one should be in neutral to switch modes. Indeed I too have been doing it on the move if I feel the stretch of road I will be driving on justifies it.

I had better, as they say in computerspeak, RTFM (Read The Manual)..

Last edited by hcwong; 07-21-2006 at 10:18 PM.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bentley Continental GT 2004
I think the HK is much better than the BOSE in the S430. I had HK in my E320 but the S is much better.
Agreed, 100%. I had earlier made this comment in the ML thread. Basically, the Bose system was putrid.

I do find the HK system to sound better with more modern recordings. I listen to lots of 70s and 80s rock music, and the sound is no great shakes.

I also listen to lots of jazz music, and the HK is brilliant with this.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by hcwong
Oh oh! I never knew that one should be in neutral to switch modes. Indeed I too have been doing it on the move if I feel the stretch of road I will be driving on justifies it.

I had better, as they say in computerspeak, RTFM (Read The Manual)..
I don't think it makes any difference whether or not you are in neutral when you switch between C/S. I think the manual states it as a safety net for mercedes, should someone crash because they are distracted by having to look down and push the button. But frankly, if you can't handle doing that while moving, you should not even be looking at the COMAND or any other feature on the car. In fact, you shouldn't really be driving.

So, hcwong, I would keep on driving it as you have been. Stopping and putting the car in neutral is simply overkill. But, if you feel more comfortable doing so, then by all means, go ahead. =)
Old 07-21-2006, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I don't think it makes any difference whether or not you are in neutral when you switch between C/S. I think the manual states it as a safety net for mercedes, should someone crash because they are distracted by having to look down and push the button. But frankly, if you can't handle doing that while moving, you should not even be looking at the COMAND or any other feature on the car. In fact, you shouldn't really be driving.

So, hcwong, I would keep on driving it as you have been. Stopping and putting the car in neutral is simply overkill. But, if you feel more comfortable doing so, then by all means, go ahead. =)
I agree it is safety related but not related to hitting the button to make the change. Because the gears are programmed differently for C and S, they make a point of saying that when you shift, the car could possibly bolt or take some action you are not expecting. To some drivers this could be a problem.

I remembered seeing this reference to putting the car in neutral (the manual says Park) and failed to get all the info of why. I assumed that it could harm the transmission which is not the case.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:36 PM
Banned

2014 S550
Originally Posted by pateljb
hey I just picked up my S550 obsidian black on wednesday night with the AMG package. its awesome and I love it so much, have not had time to take a picture

I too have cingular and purchased a motorola razr phone and it is seamless integration. Although I had to pair it again after the initial set up. Apparently, the dealer said they have noticed this and after the 2nd paring it works. Eventhough it was paired at delivery the next morning it did not work, so we did again and now each time i get to the car it states, activating telephone, and ina minute I good to go.

PM if you need a place to buty a unlocked phone for good $.

jp

YOU MEAN YOU HAVE a cingular phone , razor - and all u do is plug it into the car and ur done? Or u have to get the cradle for the razor phone and then ur good to go? Let me know. i have cingular, with a razor (triband phone) ...... so i await your advice.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

YOU MEAN YOU HAVE a cingular phone , razor - and all u do is plug it into the car and ur done? Or u have to get the cradle for the razor phone and then ur good to go? Let me know. i have cingular, with a razor (triband phone) ...... so i await your advice.
I think he is referring to a BT connection. If you have a compatible phone and a cradle you just plug the phone into the cradle and it is ready to go. However, I don't know if there is a cradle that works with the RAZR.

I have posted this before but I use a 2 phone arrangement. I have the Moto V557 plugged into the cradle. I have a RAZR on my hip. When I leave the car and a call comes to the car number on the V557, it is forwarded to the RAZR on my hip. If I am in the car then I answer it with the speaker system in the car. The V557 never leaves the car, except for when I forget the RAZR, then I use it as a regular Cellphone and plug it back in when I return to the car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My NEW S550