S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

badgeing ?????= hate. ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 11:33 PM
CY
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL/M6
Theres nothing wrong with putting the badge on a S550 AMG sport....but the problem on the forum is that some think it is somewhat deceiving to people who presume it is an actual AMG car...less then 1% will know the difference...in LA maybe a little more....I dont think it matters, since it does have the AMG accents and is his car....but going to the trouble to have it put on makes the owner look a little tacky to those "who are in the know"...aka the guys who know everything about benzes...the thing is here in LA there are quite a few people like that in your age group....Ive seen what happens with my buddies fully loaded cls500 with amg kit and matching AMG badge.....plus here in LA there are real AMG's everywhere and they usually know their ****....but in the end its just another addition to the car to make it look more expensive/better: rims. bodykits, badging, etc....the AMG badge is an attractive trademark and if he likes the badge on his ride then thats his deal....but I would probably debadge.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
It's your money...

so do what makes you feel better. IMO, I'd debadge because it looks cleaner. Just don't try to race a real AMG and you'll be fine.

To me AMG represents substance (the engine) versus flash (bodykit and rims). That doesn't mean I don't like flash...I had a CLK430 with the AMG body kit, AMG rims, and a CL grill, but I couldn't get myself to put the AMG badge on the back. If I can't press on the accelerator and not feel the grunt of an AMG engine, there wasn't a way to justify me putting the badge back there for the world to see.

In the end, you got a nice and car and enjoy it. The forum is full of opinions and when you post your ride you will get all kinds (positive and negative). 99% of the girls your age bracket won't know the difference, because they usually prefer style over substance anyway.

Peace.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:05 AM
Almost a Member!

S 550 AMG
Originally Posted by AMGfan
so do what makes you feel better. IMO, I'd debadge because it looks cleaner. Just don't try to race a real AMG and you'll be fine.

To me AMG represents substance (the engine) versus flash (bodykit and rims). That doesn't mean I don't like flash...I had a CLK430 with the AMG body kit, AMG rims, and a CL grill, but I couldn't get myself to put the AMG badge on the back. If I can't press on the accelerator and not feel the grunt of an AMG engine, there wasn't a way to justify me putting the badge back there for the world to see.

In the end, you got a nice and car and enjoy it. The forum is full of opinions and when you post your ride you will get all kinds (positive and negative). 99% of the girls your age bracket won't know the difference, because they usually prefer style over substance anyway.

Peace.
I see youve owened a few Caddis yourself AMGfan
We'll said...Bottom line: do as you please!
Old 11-29-2006, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by snoopdizil

P.S. why not change your Jetta to Passat...
Not cool at all. No need to get personal.

I'm with Teutonic and Asian ML on this badging issue. AMG bodykits and wheels are fine...an AMG badge on the trunk if it's a 550 is dumb. That's just my opinion and if the owner likes it then more power to them
Old 11-29-2006, 12:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
I see youve owened a few Caddis yourself AMGfan
We'll said...Bottom line: do as you please!
I've got to get my bling groove on somehow...Deville's black with whitewalls and gold trim and custom cloth top...I kid you not! My first car was a white "broham" (from "Great White Hype") with pimp red interior...my high school years were memorable in that car. Nothing like cruising Sonic in 1982 @ 16 with my girl in that pimp mobile.

Old 11-29-2006, 12:36 AM

05 CLK 320
very interesting topic, I really dont know if an AMG badge requires all the trash talk , If I personally had an S63 AMG, I would badge it to a S350 so the M6/M5/M3 trying to show of their piece of ****s will be wondering how the freak a S350 beat their asses back to stone age. For me the look and feeling of a BMW owners after a whopass would be priceless.

haha....
Old 11-29-2006, 12:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
If somone wants to badge his car as something more then it really is,it's their business.
In the end,they are fooling only themselves,I do not feel threatened or degraded by their "displays".
I have a habit of "debadging" my cars.
Anyone wants "SL65"?
Old 11-29-2006, 04:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL
i have got used to it in my city already.... seeing all those c200, clk240, e280, slk200 with AMG badge.... i doubt if they really know what AMG is...
Old 11-29-2006, 04:55 AM

SL
Originally Posted by absent
If somone wants to badge his car as something more then it really is,it's their business.
In the end,they are fooling only themselves,I do not feel threatened or degraded by their "displays".
I have a habit of "debadging" my cars.
Anyone wants "SL65"?
keep it safe.... maybe someday someone will want it for his slk200
Old 11-29-2006, 04:19 PM

'16 528i MSport
It does get harsh at times as everyone gets in on the flaming but its actually not that bad. I don't think he goes around telling people he has an S550 AMG but just a 550 with an AMG kit....

Posing would those who actually do the opposite. In reality, this Snoopdizzle, simply asked the question if it would be wrong and he got plastered....

More so, we don't need to have an S550 YET to be able to tell the difference between a real AMG and a regular. My cousin who's 7 can tell...
Old 11-29-2006, 05:11 PM

As stated in another recent post by myself... I believe the Mercedes factory puts those "AMG" rims on a lot of their cars. Stock from the factory. They do not add badges onto cars (Maybe a dealership would do something stupid like that, but not the factory) The only cars from the factory that come with AMG emblums are those that are AMGs.. (E55,S65,CLS55,ETC.)

But lets make it easy on everyone ....

What if you saw a new 5 Series with an M logo slapped on the back of it? Do you guys get it now?? Putting on badges that don't belong is not a good look.

hehe, just kidding but you catch what I mean..
Old 11-29-2006, 05:36 PM

So the same would go for the engine. The engine also says AMG on it which makes the engine an AMG. I don't see what a badge on the other end of the car has anything to do witht the engine.

HA HA!! You think you are funny, right!?!?

What you say has an even worse attitude than what you put on the back of your car.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
So the same would go for the engine. The engine also says AMG on it which makes the engine an AMG. I don't see what a badge on the other end of the car has anything to do witht the engine.

I would suggest you go to the MB AMG site and get an understanding of just what AMG badging represents. It may help you understand why it is called an AMG and qualifies for the badging when shipped from the factory to the customer.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:07 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
This, my friends, is what the badge is all about.

Old 11-29-2006, 07:11 PM
Almost a Member!

S 550 AMG
Originally Posted by CycloneRcr
HA HA!! You think you are funny, right!?!?

What you say has an even worse attitude than what you put on the back of your car.
Just trying to defend myself that's all.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:13 PM
Almost a Member!

S 550 AMG
So since the AMG badge in already on the engine, I don't see why a badge on the other end of the car makes sucha big deal to you people. Get over it. The badge is staying until further notice.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
So since the AMG badge in already on the engine, I don't see why a badge on the other end of the car makes sucha big deal to you people. Get over it. The badge is staying until further notice.
You mean there's an AMG badge on the S550 engine? Pics?
Old 11-29-2006, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1993 300SEL/S320
Originally Posted by AsianML
I thought you could get the same engine from the CLS55 in the S, or not?
Old 11-29-2006, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by AsianML
Forget it AsianML...he just doesn't get it...
Old 11-29-2006, 07:36 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by NZ_Benz
I thought you could get the same engine from the CLS55 in the S, or not?
No. The new 5.5L in the S550, M273 I believe, is completely new.

If the CLS55 engine, is anything like the ML55 engine, then it's just the M113 that's been increased from 5.0 to 5.5L.

All this information is from the top of my head, so I'm not 100% sure.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:56 PM

2001 VW Jetta GLX VR6

Hey ***** we are all just stating our opinion, no one really cares what you end up doing with the badge. If you feel the need to try to 'make fun' of me because I don't drive 100k dollar car that is your prerogative, which explains why you have to put the AMG badge on the back of your car, because you feel like you have to show off and you are insecure. I however am not, I drive a 25k dollar Jetta and I LOVE the car, sure I would like an S but I am school right now and then I have years of professional school/residency/fellowships ahead of me so I will not be able to get one for awhile. IMO (you realize that means 'IN MY OPINION', not if you don't do what I say God will strike you down) dump the badge, it is lame and detracts from the curves of the car.
My opinion on the badge is mostly aesthetics because I think the car looks cleaner without any badges. The argument that there is a badge on the engine is silly it makes no sense. To clarify AMG is a TUNING company and it also makes body kits, rims, etc. The root of AMG, IMO (do I have to tell you again what that stands for?) is for sporting pursuits, which includes items such as ENGINE, brakes, suspension, transmission, LSD, etc. The AMG Sport package (the one on your S class) includes AMG styling, not tuning, which is why I would not want the badge. To me the badge symbolizes tuning that pushes the car into the upper echelon of performance, but also has nice body kits. Not the other way around.
I generally wouldn't spend the time saying this because it doesn't matter to you, as you are obsessed with trying to show people you have money, presenting yourself in a false way, and trying to make other people feel bad because they don't have as much money as you. Well I don't feel bad and I am sorry for you, I am just stating this for the sensible people in this forum who are wondering why I don't like the badge.

P.S. Living in an upper class community (my father does well for himself) the people who have real money, and the ones who get respect don't brag about what they have or present something in a way to make it look like a 190k when it is not.

P.P.S. Did you ever wonder, since your argument for having the badge is that you have AMG equipment on your car, why the car didn't come from the factory with the badge on the back?

Last edited by TeutonicCarFan; 11-29-2006 at 09:06 PM.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:49 PM
Nas

ML320
IMO, I think the S550 is quite the achievement and a car to be proud of. No need to put the AMG badge on the trunk. AMG Sport kits are good but its not an AMG. An AMG is the tuned engine from the factory. Again, to each to their own. But the S550 is quite an expensive car. Something to be proud of if you are able to afford one. The AMG is in another league. The AMG just lets people know that their is a beast beneath the hood.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by DaCeptak0n
I don't think he goes around telling people he has an S550 AMG but just a 550 with an AMG kit....
you dont know armenians
im 111111110000000% sure he says, amg s 550 (amg must come first )

i was in glendale (armenia town usa) about 1 1/2 years ago and i saw a non sport s class w/ 20in brabus wheels (i think mono 6) the rear said: S55 BRABUS

the car was otherwise completely stock 220, regular body, no muffler tips , nothing, just wheels.

i pull next to it, look over, the driver looks at me and i just started cracking up (i couldnt help myself), this was while we were sitting at a red light. i felt kinda bad after, but **** him, he should feel bad all the time for lying.

yes he was an armenian, no, i dont hate armos, im armenian also, just a little different

Last edited by AMG_55; 11-30-2006 at 05:18 AM.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
Hey ***** we are all just stating our opinion, no one really cares what you end up doing with the badge. If you feel the need to try to 'make fun' of me because I don't drive 100k dollar car that is your prerogative, which explains why you have to put the AMG badge on the back of your car, because you feel like you have to show off and you are insecure. I however am not, I drive a 25k dollar Jetta and I LOVE the car, sure I would like an S but I am school right now and then I have years of professional school/residency/fellowships ahead of me so I will not be able to get one for awhile. IMO (you realize that means 'IN MY OPINION', not if you don't do what I say God will strike you down) dump the badge, it is lame and detracts from the curves of the car.
My opinion on the badge is mostly aesthetics because I think the car looks cleaner without any badges. The argument that there is a badge on the engine is silly it makes no sense. To clarify AMG is a TUNING company and it also makes body kits, rims, etc. The root of AMG, IMO (do I have to tell you again what that stands for?) is for sporting pursuits, which includes items such as ENGINE, brakes, suspension, transmission, LSD, etc. The AMG Sport package (the one on your S class) includes AMG styling, not tuning, which is why I would not want the badge. To me the badge symbolizes tuning that pushes the car into the upper echelon of performance, but also has nice body kits. Not the other way around.
I generally wouldn't spend the time saying this because it doesn't matter to you, as you are obsessed with trying to show people you have money, presenting yourself in a false way, and trying to make other people feel bad because they don't have as much money as you. Well I don't feel bad and I am sorry for you, I am just stating this for the sensible people in this forum who are wondering why I don't like the badge.

P.S. Living in an upper class community (my father does well for himself) the people who have real money, and the ones who get respect don't brag about what they have or present something in a way to make it look like a 190k when it is not.

P.P.S. Did you ever wonder, since your argument for having the badge is that you have AMG equipment on your car, why the car didn't come from the factory with the badge on the back?

+1 (and all the other real amg owners)
Old 11-30-2006, 05:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan

Well said. I could not have said it any better. I guess at 21 some are still arrogant.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: badgeing ?????= hate. ??