S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Night vision and rear entertainment?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Night vision and rear entertainment?

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and trying to investigate options on the new S class.

From reading the posts here I understand that ABC, Rear camera and multicountour seats are tough to get? Is it the case for RWD cars only or 4-matic as well.

Does designo package include alcantara interior?

What is the deler in CA that has all the right allocations? Does anybody have number, name/

What happened to the P3 night vision package?

Is rear entertainment available?

Does ordering rear seat package reduce trunk space?

Thank you
Ilia
Old 02-18-2007, 07:55 PM

I'll try to answer some of these:

Personally, I found the multicontour seats, distronic plus, and ABC hard to get. But others have reported problems getting the rear view monitor, rear side window shades, and even one case with the wood/leather steering wheel. It seems to vary by dealer and it really depends on their specific allocations. It seems like Mercedes is prepared to build x number of cars with ABC each month, y number with multicontours, z with distronic, etc. As you can imagine, this makes getting a heavily optioned car very difficult.

As far as I know, the rear seat package does not compromise trunk space. However, I do believe it does reduce the storage space under the front arm rest.

I don't think the rear seat entertainment pack is available in the US yet.

The designo package has the alcantara headliner, and alcantara covers on the A, B, and C pillars.

And you are right, there is a dealer in CA who has somehow managed to corner the market on heavily equipped cars, especially cars with the AMG package and ABC. I'm getting my car because my local dealer agreed to trade a king's ransom to this dealer to get one of their many heavily equipped March production cars. Another member who was trying to get a similar car also had his dealer trying to work a deal with the same CA dealership.

Meanwhile, other large dealerships are reporting problems getting ABC equipped cars and do not seem to be getting them on a consistent basis each month. (Except for this one dealer of course who seems to have more than 15 cars like this just in March production. )

The dealer is not a board sponsor so please check your PM for details.

Hope this helps. And best of luck finding your car.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:06 PM

Oops, forgot to add that the first dealership (another local dealer) that I talked to said night view was very difficult to get also. The other local dealer I'm buying the car through seems to agree. But the car I'm getting was already configured with night view before my dealer got it transfered, and so we decided to keep it on the car even though it wasn't on my list of options I was looking for.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 E 350 4matic wagon; '05 E 500 4matic sedan; '09 S550 4matic
ABC is not even an option on 4-matic so it is not an alternative. I don't know if that is true for the first couple model years or "forever", I was told it has something to do with the 4matic technology conflicting with ABC technology so it's currently an either or choice.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:26 AM

2004 S55
Just as an FYI, I have official confirmation from a, S-class product manager in the MBUSA HQ office that the factory RSE system WILL NOT be available on the 2007 or 2008 model year S-class vehicles in the US market. No word on availability after that, but I doubt it.

Jeff
Old 02-27-2007, 11:47 AM

2007 Cooper S (I drive everything)
Once you drive one with the multicontour seats, you'll have to have them.

Gar
Old 02-27-2007, 04:49 PM

2007 S600. 2005 Carrera GT. 2007 Range Rover SC. 2008 BMW X5. 1967 SS Chevelle.
Originally Posted by rgbyhkr
Just as an FYI, I have official confirmation from a, S-class product manager in the MBUSA HQ office that the factory RSE system WILL NOT be available on the 2007 or 2008 model year S-class vehicles in the US market. No word on availability after that, but I doubt it.

Jeff

I am having a rear seat video system installed next week but its aftermarket. It is pretty much the same video system as the GL. Kind of large screens attatched to the rear headrests.
But at this point it may be the only option for headrest video in the new S.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:06 PM

2007 S550 2000 S430 and 2003 SL500 (for sale)
where are you getting these installed? I would like to do it for a S550 I am planning to buy. How does it intergrate into the current command FM mod, or direct input?
Old 03-04-2007, 07:48 PM
MKW

08 GL450
Suspect RSE not a priority to US S class marketing people since the majority of S class owners here with kids have a luxury SUV to haul them around in ( and to clean up all the food droppings therein ) .
Old 03-05-2007, 08:39 AM

2007 CL 550
Originally Posted by mbnj
ABC is not even an option on 4-matic so it is not an alternative. I don't know if that is true for the first couple model years or "forever", I was told it has something to do with the 4matic technology conflicting with ABC technology so it's currently an either or choice.

ABC and 4matic are incompatible options worldwide, even in countries like Switzeralnd, with NO shortage of heavilly equipped cars.

Interesting enough, Mercedes Switerland has decided that ALL S classes being sold are 4matic, thus rendering it virtually inpossible to obtain ABC, unless, of course, one buys a CL!
Old 03-05-2007, 08:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 313 Likes on 231 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by davidegai
ABC and 4matic are incompatible options worldwide, even in countries like Switzeralnd, with NO shortage of heavilly equipped cars.

Interesting enough, Mercedes Switerland has decided that ALL S classes being sold are 4matic, thus rendering it virtually inpossible to obtain ABC, unless, of course, one buys a CL!
Surely any S600, S63 or S65 also has ABC.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:53 PM

2007 S600. 2005 Carrera GT. 2007 Range Rover SC. 2008 BMW X5. 1967 SS Chevelle.
Originally Posted by powerplyer
where are you getting these installed? I would like to do it for a S550 I am planning to buy. How does it intergrate into the current command FM mod, or direct input?
Just a local shop here in New Jersey.
It will not integrate into the command at all.
It will have 2 wireless headsets and built-in DVD players. Each one of them can watch the others DVD as well.
They are also mounting an Xbox in the trunk for video games.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:34 PM

2007 S550 2000 S430 and 2003 SL500 (for sale)
thanks for the info, I will have to find some one in the aby area. I have two little ones.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:30 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ML350, Lotus Elise
Originally Posted by cmcjo
Just a local shop here in New Jersey.
It will not integrate into the command at all.
It will have 2 wireless headsets and built-in DVD players. Each one of them can watch the others DVD as well.
They are also mounting an Xbox in the trunk for video games.
just a fyi... the aftermarket RES systems can be integrated into command so that you have direct sound in via aux. also video in can be added so that the image will show on the command front screen and even steering wheel controls can be added.