S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Phone microphone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 S600
Phone microphone

Does anyone know if the volume of the phone microphone can be turned up so that the person I've called can hear me better. I just converted from console phone system to bluetooth and since then, I hear complaints that they can't hear me. I also get dropped calls or incompleted calls where before I made the change , this too was not a problem at all. I place a call, it shows on the display that the call is being connected, and then about 10 seconds later....NOTHING..... and it cancels the attempted call. I really hate that I made this change. Most of the time, the onboard system immediately boots up when I get into the car but on a few occasions it doesn't. Therefore I'm driving around missing calls because all along I was thinking my phone was on , when actually it's off. I sometimes have to turn off my phone and restart it just to get my car to recognize it. Very aggravating.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:46 PM
WSH
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 CL65
Have been using Btooth w/my VZ-based KRZR for past yr or so on various new CLs and have had excellent reception/clarity (and certain stretches of CA fwys/roads amongst mtns/foothills have more difficult cell recep issues than most of Eastern US)....

Perhaps a phone/carrier/Btooth synch issue more than a volume adjustment???
Old 11-24-2007, 03:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 297 Likes on 249 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
I've seen posts claiming that the first BT pucks may have had an issue with the microphone audio level, changing to a later model has solved the issue. Would probably find posts from the Audio & Telematics.

Of course then there are cellular radio issues, if the link is poor, the audios get muted but this is easy to isolate by testing at good signal strength.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 S600
I believe that both of you may have the answer.....getting a new phone may solve the problem. It has been giving me problems lately. I'm due for an upgrade in mid January where I can get a new phone for just a few dollars. I know that my wife's 2008 C class has a transmitting and reception volume adjustment on her telematics and I thought just maybe we did too since the two systems look similar but when I tried to do this, I couldn't get the same result.

Hopefully the phone itself is the problem.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buried in the wireless4mb.com website:

"Is is possible to adjust the fixed volume levels? Audio gain adjustments- to be used when customers complain about the volume level on the non car side being too loud or quiet. These adjustments do not have any effect on the processing of the audio."

"Yes it is possible to adjust the fixed volume levels by using the key sequences below. 0000#1* SEND- reduces the volume out of the car by one step (non car side or landline) 0000#10 SEND- standard volume level 0000#1# SEND- raises the volume out of the car by one step (non car side or landline) 0000#99 SEND- factory reset The settings made / adjusted by that procedure will be peramanently stored in the cradle adaptor for each phone type specifficly. Changes made while e.g a Motorola V3 Razr is connected will adjust for ALL Motorola V3 Razr phones."
Old 11-25-2007, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 S600
I went out to my car, cranked it up, phone was linked (but not in a call), I typed in 0000#1# SEND on the keypad built into the car, the display on the comand screen indicated a connection was made , and then within a couple of seconds, a 5 or 6 note musical tune played inside the car as if to signify that a changed actually occured. Afterwards, it indicated that the connection was over. I did this 3 or 4 times thinking that if this is in fact the way to increase the volume, that I'd raised it up at least 3 or 4 notches. I'll just have to test it tomorrow with my wife calling me.

Last edited by trumpet1; 11-25-2007 at 08:42 PM.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 S600
Originally Posted by BeantownFlyer
Buried in the wireless4mb.com website:

"Is is possible to adjust the fixed volume levels? Audio gain adjustments- to be used when customers complain about the volume level on the non car side being too loud or quiet. These adjustments do not have any effect on the processing of the audio."

"Yes it is possible to adjust the fixed volume levels by using the key sequences below. 0000#1* SEND- reduces the volume out of the car by one step (non car side or landline) 0000#10 SEND- standard volume level 0000#1# SEND- raises the volume out of the car by one step (non car side or landline) 0000#99 SEND- factory reset The settings made / adjusted by that procedure will be peramanently stored in the cradle adaptor for each phone type specifficly. Changes made while e.g a Motorola V3 Razr is connected will adjust for ALL Motorola V3 Razr phones."
Thanks for your help. I dug deep into that website and also found out why I am losing calls more often. It is because the antenna being used is no longer the car's antenna. It only uses my phone's antenna and it is fighting to get out through all of the interference of the glass and the electronics throughout the car. I also found out that I probably should see if my SA will swap my bluetooth puck for use with my old motorola phone for the newer Razor phone cradle. That RAZOR cradle will allow bluetooth connection AS WELL AS a docked situation which not only will use the car antenna for better reception, but I also will again be able to charge up the phone within that cradle. The only thing is: I hate Razor phones . I had one , my wife had one , my associate had one, and we all hated Razors. Everyone I talk to admittedly hates them. Mine got dust inside the display very quickly and easily and the batteries don't last long in RAZOR phones. But I may have to go back to that phone to get all of the features I want: car antenna use, charging ability within the car and bluetooth all in one.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 S550 4Matic, AMG Sports Pkg, White/Black
Phone Microphone

With the bluetooth phone it is important NOT to have the phone in your pocket. You should have the phone out on the seat or resting in the open i.e. the cup holder. This should help you to be heard much better. Sometimes I leave the phone in my pocket and am told I can not be heard well. When I take the phone from my pocket and leave it out it resolves the problem immediately.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 297 Likes on 249 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by EinMD
With the bluetooth phone it is important NOT to have the phone in your pocket. You should have the phone out on the seat or resting in the open i.e. the cup holder. This should help you to be heard much better. Sometimes I leave the phone in my pocket and am told I can not be heard well. When I take the phone from my pocket and leave it out it resolves the problem immediately.
Perhaps you should push MB USA for a BT SAP device. With this one you can keep the phone in your pocket, the external antenna is used and you will only use marginally the phone battery in the car (no need to keep it connected to a charger). The Euro BT SAP puck would not work in the US. The point with the BT SAP device is that it actually is a real GSM phone and it only connects the SIM from "your phone in your pocket" over a BT connection. This of course does not work with CDMA networks (Verizon, Sprint...).