S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

enable command DVD while moving for passanger

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 01:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 S550 & 2005 S500 (both FULLY loaded incl. AMG sport package)
Originally Posted by trumpet1
Yes! It's working fine so far. I've been under the weather a tad this weekend and haven't had a fair chance of evaluating the new module , but so far, after about a total of an hour on the road, it seems to be doing fine.
I'll probably chime in on this about Wednesday or so to give an update.
WOW....that's GRRREAT NEWS Sir... You have really made things so easy for the rest of us having problems....without us having to go through all the alternatives....Shall wait for your update on Wednesday...THANKS ONCE AGAIN ON BEHALF OF ALL OF US HAVING HAD THE SAME PROBLEMS.... and last but not the least...HOPE YOU GET WELL REAL SOON...
Old 03-31-2008, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 S600
I know I was going to wait a couple of more days to make my final decision but I'm 99% sure that the new module has corrected the problem. I watched it closely everyday since Friday and not one single problem!!!!! I talked with midcity today and they believe that certain "fully loaded" S classes have certain technical features that just didn't jive with the software coding in the previous module series. As I had suspected in an earlier post, it could be anything from distronic radar, active dynamic seat activation, to ABC suspension pumps coming on , who knows, but whatever it was, it might have caused a silent trigger to create a pause/blip in the module.
My car, being a 600 with every feature known, was most likely going to be an affected model. So, I would suspect it would be good to call Rob and let him send you a newer revised module as mine works great.

Last edited by trumpet1; 03-31-2008 at 08:14 PM.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:29 PM

Honda
Hi guys,
Can we get an update now that a couple of weeks have gone by? Is it still working and stable without any side effects? Thanks.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 S600
Originally Posted by scriber
Hi guys,
Can we get an update now that a couple of weeks have gone by? Is it still working and stable without any side effects? Thanks.
Absolutely! Mine has worked flawlessly since I put the new module in. Talk to Rob and he will understand.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:06 PM
jbo

CL500 W216
VIM module

Just had mine shipped over to the UK from MidCity for my CL500. Excellent service from these guys as shipping took 2-3 days. Fitted and working perfectly.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 S600
Originally Posted by jbo
Just had mine shipped over to the UK from MidCity for my CL500. Excellent service from these guys as shipping took 2-3 days. Fitted and working perfectly.
Great to hear. Mine has worked great now too.
I hope this finally rids the notion that I didn't know how to install it.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 S550 4Matic, AMG Sports Pkg, White/Black
Just checking in1

Great to hear. Mine has worked great now too.
I hope this finally rids the notion that I didn't know how to install it.
I was curious to see how the VIM was working now for everyone
Old 04-27-2008, 06:44 AM
XJ9

C350
Originally Posted by EinMD
I was curious to see how the VIM was working now for everyone
my vim is still working like a charm... albeit its on a2008 c class but still working fine. We have a couple of customers that got the S class vim and they have had no complaints.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 S600
Mine is working great too. No problems any longer since Rob replaced mine with an improved series of modules.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:30 PM
jbo

CL500 W216
Thumbs up vim module

Thumbs up from me 2.!
Old 05-08-2008, 01:46 PM

S550 / S430 / E320
Mine was flawless from the start. Keep finding more comand features that it unlocks that cannot normally be accessed while the car is moving, i.e. entering a destination from Map in the Nav menu.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:38 AM

Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts
S580, GTC, GL550, NEW S550, S63 (Sold), S550 (Sold), ML350, C230
Midcity Mod. Rocks!!!

I have been requesting this mod since I bought my car over a year and a half ago. 2 video screens in the dash, a dvd changer and the knowledge that euro Sclass can view video/tv was driving me nuts!!! Searched the forums, called the guys in Germany with no success! Today I received my VIM module from MidCity... My son & I installed the VIM module this morning in 10 minutes and so far so good!!!! Brilliant module with exceptional instructions, build & quality.

Now I run a S-class demo dvd while I drive... almost as a screensaver.

I will keep my eye on it to make sure there are no issues.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:39 AM

How about the Seatbelt tone???

any mods for that damn ringer????
Old 05-10-2008, 06:51 PM

S550 / S430 / E320
Originally Posted by reelestates
I have been requesting this mod since I bought my car over a year and a half ago. 2 video screens in the dash, a dvd changer and the knowledge that euro Sclass can view video/tv was driving me nuts!!! Searched the forums, called the guys in Germany with no success! Today I received my VIM module from MidCity... My son & I installed the VIM module this morning in 10 minutes and so far so good!!!! Brilliant module with exceptional instructions, build & quality.

I will keep my eye on it to make sure there are no issues.

Where can I get a S-class Demo dvd?
Old 05-11-2008, 04:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005

That would be nice to have. MB workshops would not complain external third party devices causing problems if you show why it is there.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:04 AM

S500 LWB ( W221 ) - CL63 Biturbo ( W216 ) CL 55 Kompressor ( W215 Sold ) C43 AMG ( W202 Sold )
any mods for that damn ringer????
Yes anyone, please ??
Old 05-21-2008, 02:23 PM

SCREEN BLANKING OUT

Mine is working great too. No problems any longer since Rob replaced mine with an improved series of modules.
Great to know that your module has worked perfectly.

I have been out of town for a while but drove my car for the last couple of days and the problem of COMAND blanking out for a couple of seconds persists. I shall give Rob a call. Although I just hope he can solve the issue as unfortunately I do have all the features that Merc could provide like Distronic plus, drive dynamic seats, night view assist, blind spot assist, rear seat package, etc etc and just hope none of these are interfering with the midcity module.

Thanks so much for all your informative posts of having been able to solve the issue finally.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by sanjaysingh

I have been out of town for a while but drove my car for the last couple of days and the problem of COMAND blanking out for a couple of seconds persists. I shall give Rob a call. Although I just hope he can solve the issue as unfortunately I do have all the features that Merc could provide like Distronic plus, drive dynamic seats, night view assist, blind spot assist, rear seat package, etc etc and just hope none of these are interfering with the midcity module.

Thanks so much for all your informative posts of having been able to solve the issue finally.
Well, Trumpet1 has an S600, it should have everything standard, I would not expect any interfering device on your car that isn't in his.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:59 PM
XJ9

C350

We did a couple vim's on a fully loaded S600 and the new SL550 two weeks ago and they havent had any problems.. I asked Rob about the nature of the issue at the time because the guy who bought one of the cars was one of those guys that would flip out and return the car if he had problems. Rob said that the fully loaded vehicles had alot more messages on the vehicle network so they updated the modules to handle the higher data speeds.

Anyway, just give them a call and Im sure they will get you an updated module.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:41 AM

THANK YOU FOR THE VALUABLE ADVISE

Originally Posted by XJ9
We did a couple vim's on a fully loaded S600 and the new SL550 two weeks ago and they havent had any problems.. I asked Rob about the nature of the issue at the time because the guy who bought one of the cars was one of those guys that would flip out and return the car if he had problems. Rob said that the fully loaded vehicles had alot more messages on the vehicle network so they updated the modules to handle the higher data speeds.

Anyway, just give them a call and Im sure they will get you an updated module.
Thank you so much for the input. I am grateful to "Dieselbenz" as well, since he had a very valid point of the module working on "trumpet1's" S600 without a problem is an indication that it will surely work in my car as well (even though I got it with all the features). I shall call Rob and get the updated module.

THANK YOU ALL ONCE AGAIN. Truly appreciate all the advise and help. Warm regards....
Old 05-29-2008, 11:45 AM

Installed mine 4 weeks ago and it works great!!! No Issues!!! except for the cop who pulled up besides me on Sat. night while NIN DVD was lighting up the car.

Side Note- Just got a Smart Cabrio to augment my S. Love it!
Old 05-29-2008, 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 S600

Is this still your first module you're referring to, or have you already gotten it swapped out and it still does not work on the second module?
Old 05-30-2008, 01:22 AM

'09 S63 AMG
Installed mine 4 weeks ago and it works great!!! No Issues!!! except for the cop who pulled up besides me on Sat. night while NIN DVD was lighting up the car.

Side Note- Just got a Smart Cabrio to augment my S. Love it!
Just curious - are those the 20" S65/63 AMG wheels you have on your 550?
Old 06-02-2008, 01:39 PM

Waiting for revised module

Is this still your first module you're referring to, or have you already gotten it swapped out and it still does not work on the second module?
This is still the first module that was sent out to me. I was out of town so could not replace it. Had spoken with TJ at Midcity and should be receiving the "revised module" (as he called it) this week. The guys at Midcity are all such positive people and ever willing to help too. It was a pleasure speaking with them. Shall install the revised module and report if the problems persists, although with super experienced people like you already having tested and tried the same, I have no doubts that the problem of blanking is going to be gone.

One other issue I wanted to check with you, as I did ask the forum earlier but we never got a solution, so I guess most of us are living with this problem..... In the older model of S class (upto 2006 shape), the volume of radio, Sat, CD, etc would go down if you were in Navigation mode in the COMAND system. However, in the S class now, if you have your audio or video loud and even if the Navigation is active, the navigation volume continues to remain low. (A) Do you have such a problem too? (B) Wonder if one can ask midcity whether their revised module can do some thing to let the navigation volume take priority? (C) Has there been an upgrade in software/hardware interface that supresses the audio from other devices if the navigation system prompt comes up?

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND ADVISE. Warm Regards.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:31 PM

S550 / S430 / E320
This is still the first module that was sent out to me. I was out of town so could not replace it. Had spoken with TJ at Midcity and should be receiving the "revised module" (as he called it) this week. The guys at Midcity are all such positive people and ever willing to help too. It was a pleasure speaking with them. Shall install the revised module and report if the problems persists, although with super experienced people like you already having tested and tried the same, I have no doubts that the problem of blanking is going to be gone.

One other issue I wanted to check with you, as I did ask the forum earlier but we never got a solution, so I guess most of us are living with this problem..... In the older model of S class (upto 2006 shape), the volume of radio, Sat, CD, etc would go down if you were in Navigation mode in the COMAND system. However, in the S class now, if you have your audio or video loud and even if the Navigation is active, the navigation volume continues to remain low. (A) Do you have such a problem too? (B) Wonder if one can ask midcity whether their revised module can do some thing to let the navigation volume take priority? (C) Has there been an upgrade in software/hardware interface that supresses the audio from other devices if the navigation system prompt comes up?

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND ADVISE. Warm Regards.
The Navagation Volume is adjusted by turning the volume control while the voice is speaking. I think some people change the NAV volume unintentionally when trying to adjust the radio volume. Just hit the "repeat" button and adjust the volume as needed while the voice is active. Because the NAV overlays the music, you'll need to adjust it to match your radio volume when you are listing to music at higher volume levels.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: enable command DVD while moving for passanger