S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

I did it

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 12:48 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 gl550,06 AM Vantage, 08 S600
I did it

I just can't wait until tomorow so tonight i stopped by the dealer and put the order in.
A couple questions:
1. My dealer asked for $5k deposit per car , is that the same everywhere?
2. Why do they need to do credit check if you just gonna pay it cash upfront?

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
mb order.pdf (183.5 KB, 540 views)
Old 06-12-2008, 01:42 AM
WSH
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 CL65
Would chk to make sure any deposits are fully refundable in your state (by law)...

$5K/car seems rather high, esp for commodity cars like S550 in normal color schemes....I never need to place any deposit (even refundable) when ordering any AMG/F/P, but my dealers know me well...

Dealer relationships are a two-way dynamic...in my expce, excellent dealers are rather fair and reasonable....and have deep bases of repeat custs....and dealers and custs tend to "self-select"....there are a lot of undesirable, non-profitable, one-off custs out there, as well as many inept, dishonest dealers....

Don't know why the credit chk....it's prob b/c dealer doesn't know you and wants some quick screen....have never bought a car in my life....such an archaic concept....every <40yo financier I know (guys who can easily write a chk for any car) share my aversion to financial illogic of buying any car....prefer capital effcy/sales tx effcy....and lease gap insurance advantages of a $0-down lease....
Old 06-12-2008, 06:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 S600
Originally Posted by WSH
Would chk to make sure any deposits are fully refundable in your state (by law)...

$5K/car seems rather high, esp for commodity cars like S550 in normal color schemes....I never need to place any deposit (even refundable) when ordering any AMG/F/P, but my dealers know me well...

Dealer relationships are a two-way dynamic...in my expce, excellent dealers are rather fair and reasonable....and have deep bases of repeat custs....and dealers and custs tend to "self-select"....there are a lot of undesirable, non-profitable, one-off custs out there, as well as many inept, dishonest dealers....

Don't know why the credit chk....it's prob b/c dealer doesn't know you and wants some quick screen....have never bought a car in my life....such an archaic concept....every <40yo financier I know (guys who can easily write a chk for any car) share my aversion to financial illogic of buying any car....prefer capital effcy/sales tx effcy....and lease gap insurance advantages of a $0-down lease....

I'm beginning to think it would be worth my time to buy my next MB at your dealership WSH. I'll be sure to show up with you at my side
Old 06-12-2008, 06:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 S600
Originally Posted by hotinaz
I just can't wait until tomorow so tonight i stopped by the dealer and put the order in.
A couple questions:
1. My dealer asked for $5k deposit per car , is that the same everywhere?
2. Why do they need to do credit check if you just gonna pay it cash upfront?

Thanks
Apparently your buying a GL and an S. Correct?
Old 06-12-2008, 12:52 PM
Almost a Member!

Yes it is correct
Old 06-12-2008, 02:39 PM

'09 S63 AMG
Which invoice? Dealers inv? Ture manufacturer-to-dealer inv? 2 different things.

Not sure if you care or not, but I don't think you should have signed anything that said "I agree to pay $500 over invoice". With the way the economy is and ridiculous gas prices, I would think the demand for gas guzzlers is at an all time low. I'll bet MB is finding it HARD to sell S-classes.

You're in the driver's seat. (no pun intended)

Don't let the salesman make you feel like you don't call the shots.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:31 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by AustinGuy
Which invoice? Dealers inv? Ture manufacturer-to-dealer inv? 2 different things.

Not sure if you care or not, but I don't think you should have signed anything that said "I agree to pay $500 over invoice". With the way the economy is and ridiculous gas prices, I would think the demand for gas guzzlers is at an all time low. I'll bet MB is finding it HARD to sell S-classes.

You're in the driver's seat. (no pun intended)

Don't let the salesman make you feel like you don't call the shots.
Thanks for the advice. It is 500 over the dealer invoice.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:58 PM

2011 Porsche 911 Carrera,07 S550. 2010 E350 4matic, 05 Honda Accord V6.
about your purchase

When I ordered my S550 last May, I got the car in August.

Most dealers in NY required $5000 deposit. Because my wife did not wanted Mercedes, she wanted BMW. So I ordered S550 and X5 through my friend in Bently dealer. I know it is awkward, but since I got two cars with different brand, it was a good option that I could get good discount on both cars.

I did deposit $5000 for each car. And funny thing happened.

My friend ended up changing his work and he went to the different dealer before the delivery.
And what he promised me was that 08 X5 will be delivered around Sep.

Then 08 X5 did not came until nov. So we cancled the order, got the deposit back, and we just picked up 07 X5 from a BMW dealer. (She needed a car)( it was lucky since we got the 07 X5 4.8i $2000 more than
08 3.0i price with similar options.) She really likes the V8....

Well, good luck with your order. In your order, it will say that if you cancle the order, the law says you will get full refund about deposit. Make sure you read that in your order.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C350 4Matic
I dont get it

Hes buying the cars he wants, hes no chump, hes spending big money on some serious cars. Why would he want a refund? Sounds like he know exactly what he wants and hes not going to need a refund. Only wishy washy people who are not sure what thay want or can afford would want a refund.

Now if they dont deliver on there part of the agreement and dont get the right car or color or options ect, then yes a refund is in order. But that is without question that they will have to give his money back if they are not providing him with what he is paying for.

As for the $5000 down, I personly think it could have been less, $1000 per car is enought. Some times dealers ask for more cus this makes you feel more commited. I do have one question, are these car speacial orders? If so than $5000 seems right cus if you did change your mind then they would be struck with odd cars that might be hard to sell.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:23 PM

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
2007 CL550
Reason for Credit Check

I suspect the dealer prefers for you to lease your car. They did the credit check to see what kind of lease terms you qualify for. They make a large profit on leases. At the time you go to pick up your car, they are likely to give you a hard sell on the advantages of leasing and may even try to convince you that this will save you money. Be prepared to give them a stern NO!
Old 07-02-2008, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C350 4Matic
Originally Posted by steveb9771
I suspect the dealer prefers for you to lease your car. They did the credit check to see what kind of lease terms you qualify for. They make a large profit on leases. At the time you go to pick up your car, they are likely to give you a hard sell on the advantages of leasing and may even try to convince you that this will save you money. Be prepared to give them a stern NO!
Maybe, your right. But if hes payin cash he should have asked why they want that info, and he could have told them dont do a check. But somehow I dont think he is too worried about lowering his beacon score.