S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

"track list" on ipod?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 10:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 S 600 / '06 911 Porsche C4S cab
"track list" on ipod?

When the ipod is connected, the dashboard screen shows the song/title/artist, but you have to scroll through the whole thing song after song with the steering wheel button.
Is there any way to show a track list on the screen in order to find a song without scrolling through them all??
Old 09-03-2008, 12:00 AM

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
2013 SL 550 (Previously 2012 Porsche Panamera Turbo-S, 2015 Tesla P85D, 2007 S600, 2005 E55 AMG)
Originally Posted by carsnob
When the ipod is connected, the dashboard screen shows the song/title/artist, but you have to scroll through the whole thing song after song with the steering wheel button.
Is there any way to show a track list on the screen in order to find a song without scrolling through them all??
If only! Alas, no - not that I am aware of. The only way I can find to manage hundreds/thousands of songs/titles is to split them into more manageable play-lists.

Fast skipping is really hard though... the Ipod interface is definitely one of the most "dated" aspects of the S-Class..

Chris
Old 09-03-2008, 01:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 299 Likes on 250 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
This is not a proper answer but in my opinion the solution is to buy a big memory card and play songs from that. You can browse through folders of several levels and everything can be accessed really fast and titles appear on the Comand display. If you start with iTunes, just copy everything from the iTunes music folder to the card (but make sure iTunes is set to convert titles to MP3).
Old 09-15-2008, 02:42 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
2025 E450 4Matic
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz
This is not a proper answer but in my opinion the solution is to buy a big memory card and play songs from that. You can browse through folders of several levels and everything can be accessed really fast and titles appear on the Comand display. If you start with iTunes, just copy everything from the iTunes music folder to the card (but make sure iTunes is set to convert titles to MP3).
Good answer! I, too, chose using a memory card instead of my ipod. ($425 of wasted money for the ipod integration kit, imho).

Not sure you can help with my question, but hear goes.

The folder list on the Comand screen is not in alpha order. It is rather in chronological order when the folders were added to the memory card. Any way to get them in aplha order?
Old 09-15-2008, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by tomd
The folder list on the Comand screen is not in alpha order. It is rather in chronological order when the folders were added to the memory card. Any way to get them in aplha order?
I though mine were in alphabetical order, I have to check that some time later. I guess it could be that both are the same in my case as I've copied my iTunes folder on one go, perhaps my computer copied those in alphabetical order.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:35 AM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
2025 E450 4Matic
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz
I though mine were in alphabetical order, I have to check that some time later. I guess it could be that both are the same in my case as I've copied my iTunes folder on one go, perhaps my computer copied those in alphabetical order.
I looked into this a little more. The Comand screens sorts the folders depending on the folder creation date, not necessarily alpha order. Itunes may indeed copy them that way. If you add a folder with iTunes, does Comand sort it properly, or does it tack it onto the bottom of the list?
Old 09-16-2008, 09:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I looked into this a little more. The Comand screens sorts the folders depending on the folder creation date, not necessarily alpha order. Itunes may indeed copy them that way. If you add a folder with iTunes, does Comand sort it properly, or does it tack it onto the bottom of the list?
So far I've only checked that the folders in my car appear in alphabetical order but I have not tried adding one folder later on. I'm not using iTunes to copy folders, just "file manager" from Windows. I should try adding folders at some point unless someone else confirms the same as you have figured out.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:44 PM
Mat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S550V4 - 2009 Black on Black Loaded ! 06-M5-Silver/black ! 08-LX570 (Silver - Best SUV ever !)
Good answer! I, too, chose using a memory card instead of my ipod. ($425 of wasted money for the ipod integration kit, imho).

Horrible Answer ! - With this day and age technology - if they are offering a factory installed "ipod" - they shoud have done a better job with the "integration" - The hook up does not even charge the ipod - Agreed - TOTALLY WASTED $450 OPTION - DO NOT GO FOR IT - ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF HOW MB continues to capitalized on ancestorial hard work - the quality and service has all gone down the tube !
Old 01-15-2009, 07:46 PM
Mat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S550V4 - 2009 Black on Black Loaded ! 06-M5-Silver/black ! 08-LX570 (Silver - Best SUV ever !)

Originally Posted by cjf_moraga
If only! Alas, no - not that I am aware of. The only way I can find to manage hundreds/thousands of songs/titles is to split them into more manageable play-lists.

Fast skipping is really hard though... the Ipod interface is definitely one of the most "dated" aspects of the S-Class..

Chris
Totally agree with you - ridiculous waste of money - MB needs to outsource these things to Lexus and they'll show how its done !