S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

LogicLab Tuning Review...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 204 Likes on 128 Posts
Depends on the weather
LogicLab Tuning Review...

So, I decided to go ahead and try LogicLab Tuning...I spoke with them via pm's and phone a few times before I decided to go with them.

Daniel and Alex....excellent customer service. I couldn't have asked for anything better. I called with a question while taking it out and Daniel asked if I wanted to talk to the tuner while I did it...but I did it in no time. After taking the ecu I called them and spoke with the tuner and asked many questions that he was more than happy to answer and tell me what the tune involved as far as changes etc..

I sent it out Tuesday around 4:30 fedex overnight with delivery by 10:30am. So Wednesday gets here and I get a message that they attempted delivery at 8:59am and they did not get an answer or whatever, so I called and Daniel answered I had Fedex do a re-deliver but it didnt happen until around 3pm. They got it tuned and emailed me at 8:30pm last night while they were in the car to fedex to let me know it was done and being shipped. I didnt think I would get it today since it was so late but they got it there and shipped back overnight and I got it today....

So fast forward...it took me all of 2 minutes to put it back in.. I started it up revved it and it now revs well past 3k rpm, no speed limiter, etc. I pulled out and I immediately noticed that stepping on the gas is different, it wants to shoot forward like a bullet. I got it out of my community on to the main road and stepped on it and my exact words were "oh *****".

Freaking fast is all I can say. It moves like a rocket and I literally told myself to slow down because the thing just wants to go. It did before but now it's really emphasized. Words cant describe it but you just have to experience it. I can't wait to hit the dyno!

Now to see what the next mods will be...I think lower just a little and remove the resonators or mufflers for a little more throaty sound.

LogicLab Tuning =

Last edited by WHPH28; 04-30-2015 at 02:52 PM.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 482 Likes on 368 Posts
2015 S550
Originally Posted by WHPH28
So, I decided to go ahead and try LogicLab Tuning...I spoke with them via pm's and phone a few times before I decided to go with them.

Daniel and Alex....excellent customer service. I couldn't have asked for anything better. I called with a question while taking it out and Daniel asked if I wanted to talk to the tuner while I did it...but I did it in no time. After taking the ecu I called them and spoke with the tuner and asked many questions that he was more than happy to answer and tell me what the tune involved as far as changes etc..

I sent it out Tuesday around 4:30 fedex overnight with delivery by 10:30am. So Wednesday gets here and I get a message that they attempted delivery at 8:59am and they did not get an answer or whatever, so I called and Daniel answered I had Fedex do a re-deliver but it didnt happen until around 3pm. They got it tuned and emailed me at 8:30pm last night while they were in the car to fedex to let me know it was done and being shipped. I didnt think I would get it today since it was so late but they got it there and shipped back overnight and I got it today....

So fast forward...it took me all of 2 minutes to put it back in.. I started it up revved it and it now revs well past 3k rpm, no speed limiter, etc. I pulled out and I immediately noticed that stepping on the gas is different, it wants to shoot forward like a bullet. I got it out of my community on to the main road and stepped on it and my exact words were "oh *****".

Freaking fast is all I can say. It moves like a rocket and I literally told myself to slow down because the thing just wants to go. It did before but now it's really emphasized. Words cant describe it but you just have to experience it. I can't wait to hit the dyno!

Now to see what the next mods will be...I think lower just a little and remove the resonators or mufflers for a little more throaty sound.

LogicLab Tuning =

I'm sure that the car wanting to jet forward was an adjustment of the throttle tip-in. Did you test Sport and Comfort to see if there were any differences? I know that Comfort normally starts in 2nd gear, except under WOT. I'm wondering if the tune did away with that....which would make winter driving or driving on any kind of slick roads more challenging.

If there was a way to have it tuned where Comfort left the car stock, then switching over to Sport kicked in the tune, it would be absolutely perfect. Kind of like hitting the "M" button in the E60 M5, where an extra 100 hp comes roaring to life.

Last edited by DaveW68; 04-30-2015 at 03:49 PM.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Depends on the weather
I tested it in S since that is what it has been in. I am going back out now for a few to do some more testing. I will let you know results betwen c and s.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Depends on the weather
Testing in S: As described above. Very fast and very noticeable, I feel like I am going to lift off of the ground like a plane. One thing that I do notice is going from 0 to 60 pre-tune is now like going from 0-80+. It is fast and I mean 80mph comes up before you know it.

Testing in C: Feels as it did before and does not want to "go forward" so to speak as fast as it does when it's in S. It is tame but it still has noticeable power when you step on the gas but it doesn't feel like it wants to take off like a plane like it does when it is in S. I do kind of like that I can put in in C when I am just cruising around and when I want to get up and go I can put it in S.

Overall, I am more than pleased and would not hesitate to do it again in a heartbeat. I am wondering now how it will be when I do the TCU.

I am going to Virginia tomorrow and won't be taking the 600 so I will do some more testing either Friday evening or Saturday.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 S550
Good to hear that drivability hasn't changed in comfort mode. I know that they claim that gas mileage improves with the tune, so I guess time will tell if that's true....if you can keep your foot off the floor.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Depends on the weather
Yes, we'll see. I never look at my gas hand I just know when I get to a half tank I fill it up. I'll see what I get from my next full tank and let it go all the way down.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S600
OP - thanks for posting the review for other S600 owners like me to check out the difference. I've been thinking about tuning mine for a while now and always go back and forth.

Dave - Excellent point on the difference between comfort and sport. I would have had the same question myself.

My only other question is how has control / handling of the car differed? I've kept going back and forth and had mixed feelings because the tune will put more strain on the car in general, and cause more wear/tear and we all know and are aware of the cost of parts and labor, especially ones that can only be done at a dealership. The car is already very fast in stock form, so I was wondering if you have had any handling issues after the tune. I would imagine it would be faster in the straight line but control would suffer (the question is how much will it suffer), because when driving a 5000 lb car control is something you want to have :-)

-Action
Old 05-03-2015, 10:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 S550
Originally Posted by TheActionKid
OP - thanks for posting the review for other S600 owners like me to check out the difference. I've been thinking about tuning mine for a while now and always go back and forth.

Dave - Excellent point on the difference between comfort and sport. I would have had the same question myself.

My only other question is how has control / handling of the car differed? I've kept going back and forth and had mixed feelings because the tune will put more strain on the car in general, and cause more wear/tear and we all know and are aware of the cost of parts and labor, especially ones that can only be done at a dealership. The car is already very fast in stock form, so I was wondering if you have had any handling issues after the tune. I would imagine it would be faster in the straight line but control would suffer (the question is how much will it suffer), because when driving a 5000 lb car control is something you want to have :-)

-Action

I highly doubt that the control/handling of the car has been affected in any way. The 5.5 V12 is an almost bulletproof motor and can take the extra boost provided by the tune. I've heard that the turbos are stout too and handle the extra boost with ease. I believe where you will find the most wear is with the coil packs, which will likely wear out sooner....along with the rear brakes as the traction control will kick on more often to try and restrain you.
Old 05-04-2015, 06:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Depends on the weather
Control and handling has not changed in any way..unless you turn off esp and nail it, the tail will go crazy, which happens even without a tune,
Old 05-27-2015, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 S600, 2011 Ducati 1198
WPH,

How is the car running? I am pulling my ECU soon and sending it off. Would love to hear a review for the month
Old 05-28-2015, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Depends on the weather
Well, lets just say if I don't hear from them today....I am going to really blast them.

To answer your other question - the car is running as flawless as always. :-)