S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Pulling the ECU on my S65

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2015 | 07:03 AM

Pulling the ECU on my S65

So tomorrow I am pulling my ECU out of my 2007 S65 to send to Jerry at Eurocharged. My question is which battery do I disconnect? The starter battery or the big boy in the trunk? I know about where the trunk battery is but I haven't started digging for it yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You
Johan
Old 06-21-2015 | 09:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 S550
You should probably disconnect both batteries. The large accessory battery is behind the rear seat on the passenger side.
Old 06-22-2015 | 09:22 AM

2007 S65 AMG
Very interesting. I have been pondering the same as I also have an S65.
Been reading a lot and it seems to be working great. Also a lot of great feedback about Eurocharged.
Could you please post any improvements you feel once you get the ECU back and gone for a spin test?
And are you doing "only" the ECU or are you doing the TCU as well?
Old 06-24-2015 | 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by b3trym
Very interesting. I have been pondering the same as I also have an S65.
Been reading a lot and it seems to be working great. Also a lot of great feedback about Eurocharged.
Could you please post any improvements you feel once you get the ECU back and gone for a spin test?
And are you doing "only" the ECU or are you doing the TCU as well?
Well I found out that you do NOT in fact have to disconnect either battery actually. Jerry told me to just make sure the keys were at least 20 feet away from the car and that I could just go ahead and pull the ECU.
Well I did it and it worked perfectly.
All I can say really is WOW! I would swear that the turbo spool up is much more pronounced after the tune. It now just seems like she is always ready to play no matter what. The power that this V12TT makes with a Eurocharge is unreal! It almost hurts your chest under full throttle. On Friday I plan on bringing my S65 to the track to see what she can do. Should be interesting since the last time I went to the track was about 17 years ago with my old crossfire Corvette.
Johan
Old 06-24-2015 | 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 S550
Originally Posted by DRTYLNDY
Well I found out that you do NOT in fact have to disconnect either battery actually. Jerry told me to just make sure the keys were at least 20 feet away from the car and that I could just go ahead and pull the ECU.
Well I did it and it worked perfectly.
All I can say really is WOW! I would swear that the turbo spool up is much more pronounced after the tune. It now just seems like she is always ready to play no matter what. The power that this V12TT makes with a Eurocharge is unreal! It almost hurts your chest under full throttle. On Friday I plan on bringing my S65 to the track to see what she can do. Should be interesting since the last time I went to the track was about 17 years ago with my old crossfire Corvette.
Johan

I'm looking forward to hearing about your track results too. Many years ago I had an '84 Vette with the Crossfire injection. Pretty embarrassing to have a Vette with so little power. Tuned port made a big difference starting in '85.
Old 06-25-2015 | 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by DaveW68
I'm looking forward to hearing about your track results too. Many years ago I had an '84 Vette with the Crossfire injection. Pretty embarrassing to have a Vette with so little power. Tuned port made a big difference starting in '85.
I also had the 84 Crossfire Vette! I actually was able to get that thing to pull a 13.6 in the 1/4. Not so bad for a crossfire I think. Funny thing is I use to think that car was pretty fast. Ahh to be young and dumb again.
Johan
Old 06-25-2015 | 07:13 AM

2011 Mercedes S63 AMG
I am so tempted to do a Eurocharged flash to my S63 but I keep thinking of going all out and going the AMS full upgrade route.
Old 07-02-2015 | 06:57 AM

Well I took the S65 to the track the other day and I am a bit embarrassed to post my results. I ended up able to run the car only one time before they told me I was done.
I ended up getting a bit excited at the tree and just spun the freaking tires off the line. Once she hooked and went it was fantastic. So I ended up pulling a 12.9. I wanted to go again but like I said they pulled me over and said " well the good news is your car is fast as hell but the bad news no more racing for you until you get a helmet. No luck for me after that. I will try again sometime soon hopefully. I will also practice my launches beforehand.
Johan
Old 07-03-2015 | 08:26 AM

2007 S65 AMG
OK, not the best result but at least you saw some raw power.
How was the ecu update done?
Did you remove it and shipped it to Jerry, or .....
Old 07-04-2015 | 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by b3trym
OK, not the best result but at least you saw some raw power.
How was the ecu update done?
Did you remove it and shipped it to Jerry, or .....
Yes I pulled the ECU and sent it to Jerry. Sent it from Maine to Texas and back in less than 48 hours. Very easy.
Johan