S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Throttle lag? Code it out

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2024, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 692 Likes on 467 Posts
04 E55 AMG (totaled), 07 S550 4Matic, 14 E63S
Throttle lag? Code it out

This isn't the only source of info but it is a good one.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...tle-delay.html

Somehow I stumbled upon this. There are 4 parameters that impact throttle lag but after reading a lot I decided that it would be best to just turn off the first one, LSD, which is some kind of damping function (basically its job is to make the throttle laggy in certain circumstances - sounds great!). Stands for "Lastschlagdaempfung."

Reached out to the BenzNinja this morning and asked him to code LSD to disabled. So he did.

Vehicle: 2007 S550 4Matic (M273)

Just got back from the test drive. Wow!

Now I have an OE Tune on top of this so I think my results are even more exaggerated but I think my results are still representative (in terms of what I was used to before). The throttle is more direct in more situations, I suppose akin to how it feels directly after a reset. The biggest annoyance with this car has been what happens when you get on the throttle from a roll under 10 mph. I assumed it was in the TCU calibration. Apparently not, because that is pretty much gone as far as I can tell. Yes, really. This means people chasing those silly throttle booster boxes, an engine tune or TCU tune are missing the key - this stupid throttle response damping parameter.

There are a number of ways to DIY this, and I can post some, but I have the BenzNinja so life is easy for me.

He did check the other 3 settings and I guess they were as expected.

#2, pedal calibration. Probably should leave alone.

#3, MAYBE worth disabling as a follow-on but I'm happy as it is. It appears to be enabled as expected.

#4, has to do with the way the engine and transmission communicate. Intend to leave alone as MSG.

Last edited by kevm14; 01-01-2024 at 03:51 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Oderfla (02-13-2024)
Old 01-01-2024, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 946 Likes on 778 Posts
S500
interesting find - google suggest it means

Lastschlagdaempfung - Load shock absorption
Pedalkennlinie - Pedal characteristic curve
Momentenbegrenzung - Torque limitation
Momentenerhoehung Getriebe - Torque increase gearbox

I can for sure say the car morphs wrongly in to a dangerous nuisance - landing an unwanted pathetic throttle and it gets worse and worse over time, particularly if you live around congested areas -
it seems more like the last two is changing gearbox parameters - its quite common to alter the pressures on clutches to alter behaviour - usually to the detriment of the gearbox longevity - what many think is rough bad changes are actually more gentle on the box - slurring between changes is ripping it to bits inside - harsher, quick changes is better than two engaged half each as it shifts lazily

my 335d had a manu software update and after that the gearbox box slipped on full chat - turns out it was a slight of hand by BM 'allegedly' to protect the drive line - reducing the torque limit to 535nm (395lbs ft) from the 575nm (425lbs ft) they built it with - when all the tuners know the box easily handles 720nm (531lbs ft) - it was one reason I off loaded it - only finding it was a deliberate mistake - that can be easily fixed with a phone app on real cars.... https://www.xautomotive.com/products/mappackage or indeed with the BMW std diagnostics, just flash the better change parameters and pressures from alpina

is this all vediamo tinkering ?

Last edited by BOTUS; 01-01-2024 at 05:11 PM.
Oderfla (02-13-2024)
Old 01-01-2024, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

He seemed to prefer DTS Monaco for this.

Should I have him disable Momentenbegrenzung?

I don't fully understand what it does.
Old 01-01-2024, 04:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500
not sure the V12 ALL need the pressures winding up - if you drive enthusiastically you can do the whole box every 25k miles - goodness knows how long they survive if u chip them

just found this

when coding for Momentenerhoehung Getriebe
you have 3 options for the gearbox that connects with the engine ECU

- EGS / Most normal and lazy one, change gears easily and smoothly
- MGS / Change gears more rapidly and hardly ( maybe that's why you feel it a bit hard ) but on safety limits for the car
- GSG / Change gears fully aggressive without torque damping ( do not activate until otherwise making experiments)

In Momentenbegrenzung
you have option ACTIVE / DEACTIVE which makes the Torque given to the wheels to be limited when cornering or making sharp go from standstill. This is automatic in mercedes always on, turning it off will make higher limit when sharp cornering and starting from standstill.
Oderfla (02-13-2024)
Old 01-01-2024, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500
I think the idea of the first one (as merc give you the car) it TRYING to reduce wheel-spin via the alleged beneficial effects of a torque converter - they create torque from nowhere (hence the name) - the act of throwing trans fluid at the vanes inside the TC 'allegedly' creates mechanical advantage - (what a load of rubbish) - the reality is we get up to 100% slip and if you throw 150BHP at the TC most vanishes in heat and slip and 100bhp almost reaches the back wheels, but some how the 100lbs ft of torque magically becomes 200 lbs ft and the tyres light up (OR NOT !!!!!)
Oderfla (02-13-2024)
Old 01-01-2024, 05:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Torque converters work but Mercedes doesn't seem to believe in them because they lock the TCC so aggressively. Even on the 722.6. Cuts down on heat and improves fuel economy but I actually like the old school torque multiplication feel.

Anyway, just had BenzNinja disable that Momentenbegrenzung. Just got back from the second test. I can confirm that the feeling of power cut after you take a corner and try to accelerate is also gone now. I didn't stomp on it from a stop. But man, this thing is so enjoyable now!!

So that's my recommendation. Disable
Lastschlagdaempfung and Momentenbegrenzung. No other changes recommended or required, at least on my S550.
The following 3 users liked this post by kevm14:
JettaRed (01-01-2024), MBCO (01-06-2024), vettebk (01-01-2024)
Old 01-01-2024, 06:50 PM

Received 358 Likes on 235 Posts
2007 S600, 2007 Chrysler 300 SRT8, 2000 C5 Corvette, and 2017 Mustang GT, and just got a 2023 300C
Gezundheit.
kevm14 (01-01-2024)
Old 01-01-2024, 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!
Veteran: Army

Received 1,863 Likes on 1,380 Posts
2015 SL400 (M276 Turbo), 2014 C350 Sport (M276 NA), 2004 SL500 (M113), 2004 Audi TT225 (BEA)
Originally Posted by vettebk
Gezundheit.
Did somebody sneeze?
Oderfla (02-13-2024)
Old 01-01-2024, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Decent video
Old 01-02-2024, 01:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 652 Likes on 488 Posts
W212 FL
Originally Posted by JettaRed
Did somebody sneeze?

Sorry , I couldn't resist and apologize to the OP for it
Oderfla (02-13-2024)
Old 01-02-2024, 05:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500
I guess the other point of Momentenbegrenzung is that it slows down the car's desire to go round in a circle - thus allowing ESP to play catch up before it gets too squirrely

I see American's have to create a new name for it !!! its ESP always was and always will be - coz that's what the inventor Bosch called it

(USA SUVs always fell over) but this is the one that got Merc in trouble - the first modern, normal car to fall over - the had to widen the rear track, alter geometry and fit ESP to ALL models in a $250 million dollar recall

going for gold - 29 years back - the old W140 S class - the first car to get ESP back in 1995

Last edited by BOTUS; 01-02-2024 at 09:42 AM.
Old 01-02-2024, 08:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BOTUS
I guess the other point of Momentenbegrenzung is that it slows down the car's desire to go round in a circle - thus allowing ESP to play catch up before it gets too squirrely

I see American's have to create a new name for it !!! its ESP always was and always will be - coz that's what the inventor Bosch called it

going for gold - 29 years back - the old W140 S class - the first car to get ESP back in 1995
Fair, but only 2 years later GM introduced its Delphi Stabilitrack system on vehicles that were actually affordable.

As far as the "safety" of my S550, the thing has so much terminal understeer at the limit that I can't possibly see an issue here. I will definitely play more when I drive it more and see how it responds during higher speed cornering. I don't know why I wouldn't want a consistent response from the throttle.

Thinking about it more, I wonder if it would be worth playing with the KLD values. Not to get more response, but to get some linearity back in the pedal. It is pretty aggressive and feels like I am getting a ton of throttle at small pedal travel. I prefer a more linear throttle. I would have to go read the thread I posted to see if KLD1 is already the least aggressive throttle calibration - it may be.

Ok he says KLD2 may be the most linear as it is meant for manual transmissions. Maybe I should give that a try.

Last edited by kevm14; 01-02-2024 at 09:04 AM.
Oderfla (02-13-2024)
Old 01-02-2024, 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500
hey - in the last video of the S class he's actually going much faster in the side by side shots at the end when the demo of ESP is getting it right

as for benefits or not - I'm just offering ideas about why they built the car wrong - I'm sure you can make it a more enjoyable, safer car by finding a better sweet spot - after all the re settable morphing ant brain gearbox driving habit adaptions - I have long ranted about

which cretin ever felt an ant brain with no idea of the weather, the road conditions, or the drivers skills or mood SHOULD EVER start messing about with the cars ability to be consistent in the way it behaves and drives ?
kevm14 (01-02-2024)
Old 01-02-2024, 10:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Reading in the "other" forum, I think I will leave the KLD setting at 1, where it is supposed to be. There was mention that if you don't change the throttle stop value the car can go into limp mode if you take, for example, a KLD1 car, and try KLD3 or KLD4. Furthermore, while I did find one person who claimed KLD1 was aggressive, the consensus seems to be that it is the most tame. I think I will leave alone for now and drive in a variety of conditions.
Oderfla (02-13-2024)
Old 01-02-2024, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have made a few questionable choices while driving and I can confirm that these yaw control systems have absolutely saved my bacon on more than one occasion. I remember one pucker moment in wet weather in my 2005 CTS-V that would have 100% been going sideways off the road at a high rate of speed but it saved me. Another was more recently in my E63S doing a questionable maneuver over a bump on cold pavement at ~100 and again, I would have guaranteed been off the road sideways if it didn't intervene. It works, no doubt. I am also not one of these people who like to whine about how they are better than ABS. There are very few and very specific circumstances where you MAY be able to stop quicker than ABS (mostly loose surfaces or deep snow) but A) most people can't achieve this under duress and B) you still can't TURN under hard braking which is the entire point of ABS. Bonus, C) no matter what a professional can do with a brake pedal, only ABS can have up to 4 channels and control wheels individually. But I digress.
The following 3 users liked this post by kevm14:
BOTUS (01-02-2024), Oderfla (02-13-2024), WRC-LVR (01-02-2024)
Old 01-02-2024, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500
more bits that were all part of the muddle up that will have been part of their disjointed thinking when developing the car we got... - just wondering if these will get MORE muddled up if I play with throttle set up ?

from the Factory active cruise control had some interesting throttle behaviours - with some distinct and incompetent characteristics:

1) when pulling away in traffic it was a lead footed moron, snapping your neck - and making stop start traffic a kangaroo effort - where they were too stupid to modulate the step off throttle pedal load appropriately - even when the radar knows the traffic in front is doing less than 20mph it still floored it aiming to reach 45mph asap - then saw the traffic and stood on the brakes - then went oh no, more throttle - oh no more brakes, no wait now what more throttle ? - A mate with a v12 had the same issue and gave up using Sport because of this one bad behaviour

2) cruise set at 80mph, traffic doing 77mph, car in front gets out of the way - if using sport, the vehicle kicks down and stands on the throttle to add 3mph, overshoots by a few mph and brakes !!!

3) active cruise set, bend coming up, that say would be a good idea to use 15mph less than the current set-point - distinct brake application based on steering input angle - just about unsettling the car, but at least you knew it was aware of what was going on, and slowed down enough to cope

post software updates - applied on my car in 2019 - when I had an online dealership SCN update the Rear SAM (with approved facelift 2010 software) and months later the ABR (again with approved 2012 facelift software)

1) throttle step off vastly reduced still wrong in traffic but much less silly - (10% too much throttle, rather than 35% too much as they sold it) - even so, it magically still can't do slow traffic - to this day still set the gap 2 clicks back and use comfort or it can't cope pre or post software updates

however this 'improvement' wasn't clever revised thinking, just plain incompetence with a simplistic dangerous bodge up. The reduced throttle application also impacts acceleration at faster speeds, when they should have left it well alone. Now say you have cruise set at 70mph, and its slowed for certain conditions, maybe down to 40mph, the road clears - now 100% empty in front (pre software update throttle application in these conditions was perfect), but now the car doesn't apply enough throttle and it meanders, holding up the general flow of traffic till other drivers get annoyed

2) the difference in cruise behavior between comfort and sport is mostly nullified - indeed if anything in either setting it seem less confident and more woolly all the time - like they slowed its reaction time when it was already heading towards being dangerously off pace.

3) corner braking seems to have been removed - I haven't had an issue, so I guess its still there, but with steering lock clearly applied you never notice it and often feel it should have slowed the car a bit more (especially if its wet)...

and the updates now brought three extra behavior you never wanted

4) I can't be bothered to brake anymore !!!!! frequently dithers so much it runs out of time to slow the car safely.

Not just on the open road, now its a constant shouting match as the passengers scream at you - as the car is always forgetting what to do, and they think you can't drive - yet mostly you were ready waiting with incredulity, amazed to see just how dim the car can mismanage absolutely everything - before manually having to take over

Coming off slip roads, 9 out of 10 times it totally fails to see queues of stationary traffic and aims to hit them at full speed [Seldom got this wrong on the factory software]

5) decides the wipers have been working too hard and turns off all forms or cruise control for up to 10 miles !!!! [Never once had it get it wrong in bad weather before - and this is a hateful retrograde error]

6) fakes the cluster graphic of you and the car in front from previously perfect - to an utter joke of muddled incompetence.

And the really strange part - is the 2007 Rear SAM update is a just about a reasonable half-way house of two rather pathetic efforts
yet if you plug in to Xentry they are desperate to update you to dangerous - kill you software !
all messed up somehow in the incompetence of at least 6 versions of Rear SAM software updates - where they have no idea how their cars even work !!!

Last edited by BOTUS; 01-02-2024 at 12:09 PM.
Oderfla (02-13-2024)
Old 01-02-2024, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500
xxx --- ENGLISH
Implizite Kodierung ME97 Coding --- Implicit coding ME97 Coding

Klimakompressor 2. --- Air conditioning compressor Type 2.
AAV - Aktivkohle Absperr Ventil --- AAV - activated carbon shut-off valve
ABC (Active-Body-Control) --- ABC (Active Body Control)
Abgasvarianten --- Emission variants
AGR-Sensor-programmierbar (nur DE) --- EGR sensor programmable (DE only)
AGR-Ventil (nur DE) --- EGR valve (DE only)
AKB - Aktivkohlebehaelter --- AKB - activated carbon container
Allrad Allrad --- All-wheel drive
Arbeitsdrehzahlregelung --- Working speed control
ASC (active steering control) --- ASC (active steering control)
Batteriesteuergeraet --- Battery control unit
Baureihe --- Model Series
Bordnetzzustandserkennung --- On-board electrical system status detection
Dashpot --- Dashpot
Diagnose Dynamikpruefung HKS --- Diagnosis dynamic test HKS
DPM Freigabe External Mode --- DPM Enable External Mode
DPM Modus Obergrenze --- DPM mode upper limit
Drehzahlanhebung NAG --- Speed increase NAG
Drosselklappensteller --- Throttle valve actuator
DTESK 0 --- DTESK 0
DTESK 1 --- DTESK 1
DZA Bordnetz --- DZA on-board network
DZA Frontscheibenheizung --- DZA windscreen heating
DZA Klimaanforderung --- DZA climate requirement
ECO-Lenkhelfpumpe --- ECO power steering pump
Erw. LFS (TGet.oel-anf) --- Ext. LFS (TGet.oel-anf)
Erweiterte Diagnose Umgebungstemperatur --- Extended diagnostics ambient temperature
EWM (Elektronisches Waehlhebelmodul)/ISM --- EWM (electronic selector lever module)/ISM
EZS (Elektronisches Zuendschloss) --- EZS (electronic ignition lock)
Fahrdynamikpaket --- Driving dynamics package
Fehlerkennung ECT in Kombi aktiv --- ECT Error detection in Instrument Cluster
FGR (Fahrgeschwindigkeitsregler) --- Cruise control
Generator --- Generator
Getriebe --- Gearbox
Getriebeoeltemperaturanforderung --- Transmission oil temperature request
Heizungsabsperrventil --- Heating shut-off valve
Hinterachse --- Rear axle Ratio
Hinterrad- Umfangs- Faktor --- Rear wheel circumference factor U1944
Hybridstrategie --- Hybrid strategy
Interlockschalter USA --- Interlock switch USA
Karosserie/Bauform --- Body/design
KAT-Beschichtung 1/2 --- KAT coating 1/2
Klima Uebersetzungsverhaeltnis --- Climate translation ratio
Klimaanlage --- Air conditioning
Klimakomp. OFF in Hoehe --- Climate Comp. OFF at altitude
Kochschutz --- Overheating (Cooking) protection
Kuehlerjalousie --- Radiator shutter
Ladungsbewegungsklappe --- Load movement flap
Lambdaregelung --- Lambda control
Lambdaregelung (LR) Parameter --- Lambda control (LR) parameters
Laufunruhekorrektur (LUR-korr.) --- Uneven running correction (LUR-corr.)
LFS (Lueftersteuerung) --- LFS (fan control)
Linkslenker --- Left-hand drive
LL Drehzahlumschaltung --- LL speed changeover
LSD (Lastschlagdaempfung) --- LSD (load impact dampening)
Luefternachlauf --- Fan overrun
Luefternachlauf ueber Ansauglufttemperatur --- Fan overrun activation
Mechanische Unterdruckpumpe --- Mechanical vacuum pump mech.
MFL (Multifunktionslenkrad) --- MFL (multifunction steering wheel)
MKV-Korrektur --- MKV correction
Momentbegrenzung Parametersatz 2 --- Torque limitation parameter set 2
Momentenbegrenzung --- Torque limitation
Momentenerhoehung Getriebe (option 1) --- Torque increase gearbox (option 1)
Momentenerhoehung Getriebe (option 2) --- Torque increase gearbox (option 2)
Momentenerhoehung Getriebe (option 3) --- Torque increase gearbox (option 3)
Momentenerhoehung Getriebe (option 4) --- Torque increase gearbox (option 4)
Motor/Hubraum --- Engine/displacement M273 KE55
MRM (Mantelrohrmodul) --- MRM (casing pipe module)
NCV-Gewichtsklassen --- NCV weight class
Niederverdichtung --- Low compression
NSoll-Korr.Drive --- NSoll-Corr.Drive
NSoll-Korr.P/N --- Ntarget correction P/N
NT-Absperrventil --- NT shut-off valve
Oeldruckschalter --- Oil pressure switch
Off-Road-Paket --- Off-road package
Pedalkennlinie (option 1) --- Pedal characteristic curve (option 1)
Pedalkennlinie (option 2) --- Pedal characteristic curve (option 2)
Pedalkennlinie (option 3) --- Pedal characteristic curve (option 3)
Pedalkennlinie (option 4) --- Pedal characteristic curve (option 4)
Prem-Air-System --- Prem-Air system
PZEV-Bauteilschutz --- PZEV component protection
Radstaende NCV3 --- Wheelbase NCV3
Regelbare Kraftstoffpumpe --- Adjustable fuel pump
Regenerierung --- Regeneration
ROZ-Korr. --- RON corr.
SBC (EHB, Sensotronic Break Control) --- SBC (EHB, Sensotronic Brake Control)
Schichtverbot (nur DE) --- Shift ban (DE only)
Schlechtsprit --- Bad fuel
Schwefelgehalt (nur DE) --- Sulphur content (DE only)
Sekundaerluftdiagnose --- Secondary air diagnosis
SG Betriebsstrategie --- SG operating strategy
SLP (Diag.und Fkt.) --- SLP (Diag. and Fkt.)
Sound Design --- Sound Design
Tankdichte-Pruefung --- Tank density test
Tanksteuergeraet (FSCM) --- Tank control unit (FSCM)
Tsoll Fix - Waermemanagement --- Tsoll Fix - heat management
TV-Korr. / Regelschw. --- TV Corr. / control law
Umgebungstemperatur-KLA --- Ambient temperature KLA
Umschaltung Kennlinie BFNSOL --- Switching characteristic curve BFNSOL
VCV --- VCV
Vernetzung --- Networking
Vmax --- Vmax
Vmax rueckwaerts --- Vmax backwards (in reverse gear)
Vorderrad-Umfangs-Faktor --- Front wheel circumference factor
Wandlertyp --- Converter type

vettebk (01-05-2024)
Old 01-02-2024, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Wow nice job. Did you do this manually?
Oderfla (02-13-2024)
Old 01-02-2024, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Fahrdynamikpaket --- Driving dynamics package
​​​​​​​I wonder what this does on a W221 4Matic.
Oderfla (02-13-2024)
Old 01-02-2024, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500
yep I was wondering about that one

I'll post the whole file tomorrow.... if its dry might pull mine and see what it says - copy paste from demo Xentry and google got me that list

a few acronyms to understand one FGR I thought meant ACTIVE cruise (but not sure) - checking today (day later) from a list of BMW acronyms I have, FGR means 'Speed control'... which might be the silly speed limiter function. Yesterday looking up FGR on google three returns all specific to active cruise.....

found a motoring acronym lookup - but seems early days - I just gave him about 200 he's missing !!! https://automotivedictionary.org

Last edited by BOTUS; 01-03-2024 at 06:02 AM.
Oderfla (02-13-2024)
Old 01-02-2024, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I sure as hell don't need any more throttle response. Maybe suspension? Transmission?
Oderfla (02-13-2024)
Old 01-03-2024, 05:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500
I pulled the list above (and excerpts below) from the demo version of xentry for a w221 - something strange in the gearbox torque control piece - do they mean traction control ? A manual box wouldn't have the gearbox brain to manage any form of traction control?

of the 4 in the demo list, the first - Fehler (means "Mistake" or specific translation (ERROR) - which I would guess they meant don't use..... BUT your picture uses a different set of words

Momentenerhoehung Getriebe (option 1) Fehler
Torque increase gearbox (option 1) Mistake

the second option confuses me entirely - UNLESS ITS TO DO WITH PROTECTING THE TC LOCK UP CLUTCH ??? eigensicherem = intrinsically safe (but safe for what - driving or component longevity !)

Momentenerhoehung Getriebe (option 2) Momentenerhoehung erlaubt, Ueberwachung erfolgt in eigensicherem Getriebesteuergeraet
Torque increase gearbox (option 2) Torque increase permitted, monitoring takes place in an intrinsically safe transmission control unit

Momentenerhoehung Getriebe (option 3) Momentenerhoehung erlaubt, Ueberwachung erfolgt in Motorstruergeraet
Torque increase gearbox (option 3) Torque increase permitted, monitoring takes place within engine control unit

Momentenerhoehung Getriebe (option 4) Momentenerhoehung vom EGS nicht zulaessig
Torque increase gearbox (option 4) Torque increase not permitted within transmission contol EGS

on the throttle pedal set up /acronyms

NAG1 - New Automatic Gearbox Generation One (5G tronic)
NAG2 - New Automatic Gearbox Generation Two (7G tronic)
NSG.. - New Shifting Manual Transmission

Pedalkennlinie (option 1) KLD 1: A207, A209, 211, 212 ohne M273Allrad, 219, 221 und 230 mit NAG1-Allrad oder NAG2
Pedal characteristic curve (option 1) KLD 1: A207, A209, 211, 212 without M273 all-wheel drive, 219, 221 and 230 with NAG1 all-wheel drive or NAG2

Pedalkennlinie (option 2) KLD 2: alle Fahrzeuge mit NGSG, BR251 mit KE55
Pedal characteristic curve (option 2) KLD 2: all vehicles with NSG, BR251 with KE55

Pedalkennlinie (option 3) KLD 3: BR164, BR251 ohne KE55
Pedal characteristic curve (option 3) KLD 3: BR164, BR251 without KE55

Pedalkennlinie (option 4) KLD 4: BR171, 203, 204, C207 und C209 mit NAG1-Allrad oder NAG2
Pedal characteristic curve (option 4) KLD 4: BR171, 203, 204, C207 and C209 with NAG1-all-wheel drive or NAG2

Last edited by BOTUS; 01-03-2024 at 08:57 AM.
Oderfla (02-13-2024)
Old 01-03-2024, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500
I wonder how curve 4 behaves, the way I understand the info is this was an auto curve for the 7G box (maybe on a sportier car ?)

gone acronym-tastic today - all the experts have LOADS missing ! I suspect
Dashpot = Throttle valve closing damper
DPM = Bits of Diesel death (you breath in)
DZA = Rev it up under load
LL = Idle

Implizite Kodierung ME97 Coding-----------ENGLISH - Implicit coding ME97 Coding----------------------ENGLISH - Current setting
Klimakompressor 2.------------------------Air conditioning compressor Type 2. ------------------------Type 2 not installed
AAV - Aktivkohle Absperr Ventil -----------AAV - activated carbon shut-off valve ----------------------AAV not installed
ABC (Active-Body-Control)-----------------ABC (Active Body Control) ----------------------------------ABC not installed
Abgasvarianten ----------------------------Emission variants ------------------------------------------EU 4, lean warm-up
AGR-Sensor-programmierbar (nur DE) --------EGR sensor programmable (DE only) ------------------------not programmed
AGR-Ventil (nur DE) -----------------------EGR valve (DE only) ----------------------------------------not installed
AKB - Aktivkohlebehaelter -----------------AKB - activated carbon container ---------------------------AKB1 - all BR not USA
Allrad------------------------------------All-wheel drive----------------------------------------------Installed
Arbeitsdrehzahlregelung -------------------Working speed control --------------------------------------Working speed control active
ASC (active steering control) -------------ASC (active steering control) ------------------------------ASC not available
Batteriesteuergeraet ----------------------Battery control unit---------------------------------------for all BRs except BR216/221 from AeJ08/1
Baureihe ----------------------------------Model Series-----------------------------------------------BR221 series
Bordnetzzustandserkennung -----------------On-board electrical system status detection ----------------On-board electrical system status detection active
Dashpot -----------------------------------Dashpot / Throttle valve closing damper--------------------Dashpot Throttle valve closing damper activated
Diagnose Dynamikpruefung HKS --------------Diagnosis dynamic test HKS ---------------------------------Diag Dynampr HKS active
DPM Freigabe External Mode----------------DPM Enable External Mode -----------------------------------DPM Enable Ext Mode active
DPM Modus Obergrenze----------------------DPM mode upper limit ---------------------------------------DPM mode OG active
Drehzahlanhebung NAG ----------------------Speed increase NAG -----------------------------------------Speed increase NAG off
Drosselklappensteller ------------------------Throttle valve actuator (Metal or Plastic)-----------------DKS aluminum
DTESK 0 -----------------------------------DTESK 0 ----------------------------------------------------0.5mm leak test
DTESK 1 -----------------------------------DTESK 1 ----------------------------------------------------NVLD OFF
DZA Bordnetz ------------------------------DZA RPM increase via - on-board network --------------------DZA on-board network active
DZA Frontscheibenheizung ------------------DZA RPM Increase for - windscreen heating ------------------DZA EFH active
DZA Klimaanforderung ----------------------DZA RPM increase for - climate requirement -----------------DZA climate active
ECO-Lenkhelfpumpe -------------------------ECO power steering pump ------------------------------------ECO-LHP does not have MSG
Erw. LFS (TGet.oel-anf) -------------------Ext. LFS (TGet.oel-anf) ------------------------------------Basic function
Erweiterte Diagnose Umgebungstemperatur ---Extended diagnostics ambient temperature -------------------Active
EWM (Elektronisches Waehlhebelmodul)/ISM--EWM (electronic selector lever module)/ISM -----------------Electronic Selector lever module/ISM not installed
EZS (Elektronisches Zuendschloss) ---------EZS (electronic ignition lock) -----------------------------Electronic Ignition lock not installed
Fahrdynamikpaket --------------------------Driving dynamics package -----------------------------------Driving dynamics package not installed
Fehlerkennung ECT in Kombi aktiv ----------ECT Coolant temp Error detection in Instrument Cluster-----ECT Coolant temp Error detection in Instrument Cluster active
FGR (Fahrgeschwindigkeitsregler) ----------Speed control----------------------------------------------Int. FGR OFF
Generator ---------------------------------Generator --------------------------------------------------Generator with interface
Getriebe ----------------------------------Gearbox ----------------------------------------------------ASG 1
Getriebeoeltemperaturanforderung ----------Transmission oil temperature request -----------------------T-gear oil request to fan active
Heizungsabsperrventil ---------------------Heating shut-off valve -------------------------------------HZA valve not installed / open
Hinterachse -------------------------------Rear axle Ratio--------------------------------------------2.24 (ISG)
Hinterrad- Umfangs- Faktor ----------------Rear wheel circumference factor U1944----------------------U1944
Hybridstrategie ---------------------------Hybrid strategy --------------------------------------------Hybrid variant 1
Interlockschalter USA ---------------------Interlock switch USA ---------------------------------------Interlock switch USA not installed
Karosserie/Bauform ------------------------Body/design ------------------------------------------------A - convertible (or V for BR164, or X164 or X204)
KAT-Beschichtung 1/2 ----------------------KAT coating 1/2 --------------------------------------------CAT coating 1
Klima Uebersetzungsverhaeltnis ------------Climate translation ratio ----------------------------------Climate translation. active
Klimaanlage -------------------------------Air conditioning -------------------------------------------Air conditioning not installed
Klimakomp. OFF in Hoehe -------------------Climate Comp. OFF at altitude ------------------------------Climate comp. OFF activated at altitude
Kochschutz --------------------------------Overheating (Cooking) protection ---------------------------Overheating protection activated
Kuehlerjalousie ---------------------------Radiator shutter -------------------------------------------Cooler shutter (TM2) disable
Ladungsbewegungsklappe --------------------Load movement flap-----------------------------------------Load movement flap not installed
Lambdaregelung ----------------------------Lambda control ---------------------------------------------Lambda control OFF (918)CO correction ON
Lambdaregelung (LR) Parameter-------------Lambda control (LR) parameters -----------------------------LR parameter set 1 / BR 203/204/207/209/211/212/219 - except all-wheel drive
Laufunruhekorrektur (LUR-korr.)-----------Uneven running correction (LUR-corr.) ----------------------LUR-corr. activated
LFS (Lueftersteuerung) --------------------LFS (fan control) ------------------------------------------Switched fan
Linkslenker -------------------------------Left-hand drive --------------------------------------------Left-hand drive
LL Drehzahlumschaltung --------------------Idle LL speed changeover -----------------------------------Idle Closed Throttle - N setpoint changeover activated
LSD (Lastschlagdaempfung) -----------------LSD (load impact dampening) --------------------------------Load impact dampening activated
Luefternachlauf---------------------------Fan overrun ------------------------------------------------Fan overrun activated
Luefternachlauf ueber AnsauglufttemperaturFan overrun activation-------------------------------------Fan activated via intake air temperature
Mechanische Unterdruckpumpe---------------Mechanical vacuum pump mech. -------------------------------Vacuum pump not installed
MFL (Multifunktionslenkrad)---------------MFL (multifunction steering wheel) -------------------------MFL Not installed
MKV-Korrektur -----------------------------MKV correction ---------------------------------------------MKV correction activated
Momentbegrenzung Parametersatz 2 ----------Torque limitation parameter set 2 --------------------------Torque limitation parameter set 2 active
Momentenbegrenzung ------------------------Torque limitation ------------------------------------------Activated
Momentenerhoehung Getriebe (option 1)-----Torque increase gearbox (option 1)-------------------------Mistake
Momentenerhoehung Getriebe (option 2)-----Torque increase gearbox (option 2)-------------------------Torque increase permitted, monitoring takes place in an intrinsically safe transmission control unit
Momentenerhoehung Getriebe (option 3)-----Torque increase gearbox (option 3)-------------------------Torque increase permitted, monitoring takes place within engine control unit
Momentenerhoehung Getriebe (option 4)-----Torque increase gearbox (option 4)-------------------------Torque increase not permitted within transmission control EGS
Motor/Hubraum-----------------------------Engine/displacement M273 KE55------------------------------M273 KE55
MRM (Mantelrohrmodul) ---------------------MRM (casing pipe module) -----------------------------------Jacket / Casing pipe module not installed
NCV-Gewichtsklassen -----------------------NCV weight class-------------------------------------------Light
Niederverdichtung -------------------------Low compression --------------------------------------------Not low compression
NSoll-Korr.Drive --------------------------Idle Speed Corr.Drive -------------------------------------------Idle Speed-Corr.Drive activated
NSoll-Korr.P/N ----------------------------Idle Speed target correction in P/N -------------------------------------Idle Speed target correction in P/N activated
NT-Absperrventil --------------------------NT shut-off valve ------------------------------------------NT shut-off valve not installed
Oeldruckschalter --------------------------Oil pressure switch ----------------------------------------Oil pressure switch not installed
Off-Road-Paket --------------------------Off-road package -------------------------------------------Off-road package not installed
Pedalkennlinie (option 1)-----------------Pedal characteristic curve (option 1)----------------------KLD 1: A207, A209, 211, 212 without M273 4WD, 219, 221 and 230 with NAG1 (5g) 4WD or NAG2 (7g)
Pedalkennlinie (option 2)-----------------Pedal characteristic curve (option 2)----------------------KLD 2: all vehicles with NSG (manual gearbox), BR251 with KE55
Pedalkennlinie (option 3)-----------------Pedal characteristic curve (option 3)----------------------KLD 3: BR164, BR251 without KE55
Pedalkennlinie (option 4)-----------------Pedal characteristic curve (option 4)----------------------KLD 4: BR171, 203, 204, C207 and C209 with NAG1-4WD or NAG2 (7g)
Prem-Air-System ---------------------------Prem-Air system --------------------------------------------Prem-Air system not installed
PZEV-Bauteilschutz ------------------------PZEV component protection ----------------------------------PZEV component protection activated
Radstaende NCV3 -------------------------Wheelbase NCV3 ---------------------------------------------short NCV wheelbase
Regelbare Kraftstoffpumpe -----------------Adjustable fuel pump---------------------------------------Adjustable fuel pump not installed
Regenerierung -----------------------------Regeneration -----------------------------------------------Reg. Par. 1: BR 171 not USA/230/221USA/251USA
ROZ-Korr. ---------------------------------RON corr. --------------------------------------------------RON correction activated SBC (EHB,
Sensotronic Break Control) ----------------SBC (EHB, Sensotronic Brake Control)-----------------------SBC (EHB) not installed
Schichtverbot (nur DE) -------------------Shift ban (DE only) ----------------------------------------Shift ban (DE only) activated
Schlechtsprit-------------------------------Bad fuel ---------------------------------------------------No bad fuel
Schwefelgehalt (nur DE) -------------------Sulphur content (DE only) ----------------------------------Sulfur content high
Sekundaerluftdiagnose ---------------------Secondary air diagnosis ------------------------------------SLP diagnosis EU or US-MJ06
SG Betriebsstrategie ----------------------SG operating strategy --------------------------------------No starter generator functionality
SLP (Diag.und Fkt.) -----------------------SLP (Diag. and Fkt.) ---------------------------------------SLP (Diag. and Fkt.) activated
Sound Design ------------------------------Sound Design -----------------------------------------------Sound design activated
Tankdichte-Pruefung -----------------------Tank density test ------------------------------------------Tank density test activated
Tanksteuergeraet (FSCM) -------------------Tank control unit (FSCM) -----------------------------------Tank control unit not installed
Tsoll Fix - Waermemanagement --------------Tsoll Fix - heat management --------------------------------Tsoll Fix yes - heat management inactive
TV-Korr. / Regelschw. -----------------------TV Corr. / control law -------------------------------------LRHK TV Corr. activated
Umgebungstemperatur-KLA -----------------Ambient temperature KLA ------------------------------------KLA old version installed
Umschaltung Kennlinie BFNSOL --------------Switching characteristic curve BFNSOL----------------------BFNSol1 standard for all vehicles. except 203 4WD and 211 4WD
VCV ---------------------------------------VCV --------------------------------------------------------VCV not installed
Vernetzung --------------------------------Networking -------------------------------------------------Networking Chassis / Powertrain
Vmax --------------------------------------Vmax -------------------------------------------------------160 km/h / BR 906: 140 km/h
Vmax rueckwaerts --------------------------Vmax backwards (in reverse gear)---------------------------Rvmax1 30 km/h
Vorderrad-Umfangs-Faktor ------------------Front wheel circumference factor ---------------------------U1942
Wandlertyp --------------------------------Converter type ---------------------------------------------Converter1: BR203/209/221/230/906 with M272 / or NSG (manual gearbox)

Last edited by BOTUS; 01-18-2024 at 10:05 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by BOTUS:
Oderfla (02-13-2024), vettebk (01-05-2024)
Old 01-04-2024, 07:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500
just pulled my list - has other parameter / changes

Anfahren im 1. Gang in C -------------Starting off in 1st gear in C INACTIVE

Freigabe PNC -GM1 -------------------Enable PNC -GM1

Momentenerhoehung -----------------Torque increase allowed, supervision. in MSG (engine control unit)

Pedalkennlinie KLD 1: A207,211,212,218,219,221,230 2x4 od. 4x4 ---Pedalkennlinie KLD 1: A207,211,212,218,219,221,230 2x4 or 4x4

Zuendwinkelkorrektur Warmlauf -------Ignition correction at cold start, without ZWK warm-up
and it doesn't have

Hybridstrategie --Hybrid Stragety

they updated naming of

DZA Bordnetz
DZA Frontscheibenheizung
DZA Klimaanforderung

to

Keine Drehzahlanhebung Bordnetz ----------------No speed increase. Vehicle electrical system not active
Keine Drehzahlanhebung Frontscheibenheizung ----No speed increase, windscreen heating active
Keine Drehzahlanhebung Klima --------------------No speed increase. Air conditioning not active

Last edited by BOTUS; 01-04-2024 at 07:31 AM.
vettebk (01-05-2024)
Old 01-04-2024, 09:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I would assume they put a more aggressive pedal curve in the C209.
Oderfla (02-13-2024)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Throttle lag? Code it out