Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 301 Likes on 208 Posts
2022 EQS580
Originally Posted by Germancar1
WOW the point is missed here.

M
Sorry to get off topic here, but you are the original Merc1 that use to post on the Luxury Car Forum on Edmunds, right? I am Cyclone4 on Edmunds. I did the unthinkable and have ordered the 2014 S550. Do you remember, how much lfjx and I loved Lexus? Well, times have changed. He has also ordered several MB's in the past couple years.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 203 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Originally Posted by BeanTrader
Sorry to get off topic here, but you are the original Merc1 that use to post on the Luxury Car Forum on Edmunds, right? I am Cyclone4 on Edmunds. I did the unthinkable and have ordered the 2014 S550. Do you remember, how much lfjx and I loved Lexus? Well, times have changed. He has also ordered several MB's in the past couple years.

WOW. Yes that is me. I remember lfjx, but I'm not sure I remember you?? Yeah he was pretty clueless back then, saying Mercedes was doomed and out of business and so many other things that never happened. I don't know where to begin on how wrong that guy was, but if he is buying Benzes now then I guess not much needs to be said lol.

What happened with the love affair with Lexus if I may ask? You can PM me if you like as to not clog up this thread. Where is lfjx?

M
Old 02-25-2014, 06:47 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by E Classy
i agree with this, what's good for business is what goes out the door. these boards are opinion pieces, and i agree with the critiques of the designs, but the producer knows what he is doing from a spreadsheet & chart perspective.

porsche is a good example. it's become more of a trophy wife in a fur coat with a little dog clientele than a purist shop. they have ride-softening mechanisms and little SUV's and china-specific bubble-butt cars now. they've wandered so far from the core... but business is good!
I was gonna pretty much say....

Porsche has produced new models, but they still remain the sportiest options in their respective segments so I wouldn't say they've strayed at all. Their cars usually destroy the competition. They have not made a non-Porsche, dud vehicle yet.

M
Exactly this.

Porsche are gaining in popularity as I notice lots of M-B and BMW drivers who are looking for more exclusivity and a brand that still hasn't catered to low-segment MPV and economy models and such, to crave Porsche now when they perhaps didn't before. Compared to other brands, Porsche looks relatively very much purist. I think Porsche can still launch a few more models and still look very concise, high-end-focused and premium vs their German "rivals". The next Porsche mid-size Sedan I think will be a total game changer and be one of the most sought-after cars out there.

Considering I like to b**ch about when my favorite manufacturers stop being more focused on the higher-end models that got me into the brands in an aspirational way to begin with, I won't start complaining about Porsche until they start offering compact Sedans and such that start at sub-$40K prices.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You're too blind to even realize that Porsche is doing the same thing as Mercedes and BMW so why are you even quoting me or responding? You don't know what you're talking about.

M
Old 02-25-2014, 09:48 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

You're too blind to even realize that Porsche is doing the same thing as Mercedes and BMW so why are you even quoting me or responding? You don't know what you're talking about.

M
Really? They're making FWD Econo-cars and starting them under $30K? They have a buttload of models on the floor with a ton more coming out?

They're comparatively extremely exclusive when compared to M-B or BMW, very different currently. Porsche have a long way to go to reach the ubiquity and less-focused (i.e "all over the place") product offerings of M-B or BMW.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
WOW. Yes that is me. I remember lfjx, but I'm not sure I remember you?? Yeah he was pretty clueless back then, saying Mercedes was doomed and out of business and so many other things that never happened. I don't know where to begin on how wrong that guy was, but if he is buying Benzes now then I guess not much needs to be said lol.

What happened with the love affair with Lexus if I may ask? You can PM me if you like as to not clog up this thread. Where is lfjx?

M
Actually, ljflx (had it wrong above) is a very smart guy and a very successful businessman in NJ. I'm not sure that he said Mercedes was doomed back then but both he and I could not see what was SO great about Mercedes. Plus, at that time the S550 cost about $20-25K more than a comparably equipped LS460L. Also, I believe in 2007-2008 the LS was at least as technologically advanced as the S550.

But in any case, the new 2014 S550 is definitely a game changer. And, incredibly enough, it does not cost much more (if any) than a fully loaded LS460L AWD. In my opinion, the S550 has left the LS, Audi 8, and BMW 7 Series behind the 8 ball. You can read more about my feelings on a thread started by Kratos about his S550 review.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Actually, ljflx (had it wrong above) is a very smart guy and a very successful businessman in NJ. I'm not sure that he said Mercedes was doomed back then but both he and I could not see what was SO great about Mercedes. Plus, at that time the S550 cost about $20-25K more than a comparably equipped LS460L. Also, I believe in 2007-2008 the LS was at least as technologically advanced as the S550.

But in any case, the new 2014 S550 is definitely a game changer. And, incredibly enough, it does not cost much more (if any) than a fully loaded LS460L AWD. In my opinion, the S550 has left the LS, Audi 8, and BMW 7 Series behind the 8 ball. You can read more about my feelings on a thread started by Kratos about his S550 review.
Oh yeah sure, he is a smart businessman, doesn't mean he knows squat about cars. He was just flat wrong most of the time as were most of the Lexus fanatics back then. A lot of you guys have left Lexus and I said it back then that Lexus wasn't all of that, but hey.

In 2007-2008 I agree the LS and S were matched pretty well on paper, problem was the driving experience in the Benz was far better. I've always said that when Lexus and Mercedes both introduce a car at the same time, Mercedes walks away with it easily as the previous S firmly put the LS in its rear view mirror. Unbelievably Lexus is still selling the same car in 2014 that it was in 2007, but with a new grille and interior. Same engine and everything else has rendered it outdated and completely outdone in this segment now and the full size Korean cars are nipping at its heels.

The Audi A8 is the only car that can give the new S a run for the money, that car feels tailor made. Only the FWD looks let it down.

M
Old 02-25-2014, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by K-A
Really? They're making FWD Econo-cars and starting them under $30K? They have a buttload of models on the floor with a ton more coming out?

They're comparatively extremely exclusive when compared to M-B or BMW, very different currently. Porsche have a long way to go to reach the ubiquity and less-focused (i.e "all over the place") product offerings of M-B or BMW.

Where is the FWD Mercedes that starts under 30K? Last I checked the CLA started at $30,825. In Europe the A/B-Class has been around since 1997 so you're very late if you're just now worrying about them. So much so to make your point about them matterless with the stunning new S and S Coupe sitting on the same floor.

Porsche has done the same thing, they have gone from pure sports cars to a 50K suv based on an Audi design. That said, they have executed it far better than Mercedes (CLA) or BMW (2-Series Active Tourer).

They are exclusive to Mercedes and BMW because they came from the sports car world, not the luxury sedan world. Not so sure why you don't see that. Porsche has always operated in a different space from the rest of the Germans. Fact is BMW, MB and Audi are all in the same boat. Porsche isn't nearly the size of MB or BMW either, you know this.

M

Last edited by Germancar1; 02-25-2014 at 12:06 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
Oh yeah sure, he is a smart businessman, doesn't mean he knows squat about cars. He was just flat wrong most of the time as were most of the Lexus fanatics back then. A lot of you guys have left Lexus and I said it back then that Lexus wasn't all of that, but hey.

In 2007-2008 I agree the LS and S were matched pretty well on paper, problem was the driving experience in the Benz was far better. I've always said that when Lexus and Mercedes both introduce a car at the same time, Mercedes walks away with it easily as the previous S firmly put the LS in its rear view mirror. Unbelievably Lexus is still selling the same car in 2014 that it was in 2007, but with a new grille and interior. Same engine and everything else has rendered it outdated and completely outdone in this segment now and the full size Korean cars are nipping at its heels.

The Audi A8 is the only car that can give the new S a run for the money, that car feels tailor made. Only the FWD looks let it down.

M
Oh well. We live and learn. I was actually going to purchase the 2013 LS when it supposedly was going to be the next generation. But, I was obviously disappointed that it was just a refresh with the same engine and a new grill as you stated. I am really glad I didn't pull the trigger since the new S550 is miles ahead of the LS now in basically every respect.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Oh well. We live and learn. I was actually going to purchase the 2013 LS when it supposedly was going to be the next generation. But, I was obviously disappointed that it was just a refresh with the same engine and a new grill as you stated. I am really glad I didn't pull the trigger since the new S550 is miles ahead of the LS now in basically every respect.
I figured that was the reason why you changed. I have never seen Lexus drop the ball like this with the LS. Now the thing is, a new LS is rumored for 2016 I believe. That car will be something I'm sure. I wonder how many customer Lexus has lost because of the lazy effort with the LS. There is another former Edmunds LS owner here also, syswei.

M

Last edited by Germancar1; 02-25-2014 at 01:26 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:43 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

If the next LS looks anything like the rest of the current Lexus lineup, I don't think the German big Sedans have much to worry about, regardless of what it offers in features and specs.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible, 2014 Kia Sorento SXL AWD
And the BS back and forth about M-B, BMW, and now Lexus and Porsche continues... Can we please get back on topic toward a useful discussion of the S Class Coupe?

No offense Germancar1, but if you don't want K-A to reply to your comments, then don't post anything... It is, after all, a *public forum* and members are free to post whatever they want, but your posts just add fuel to the fire...

We all know the type of posts K-A makes... They are what they are... Sometimes I agree with things he says, and sometimes I don't... But I certainly wouldn't expect him not to reply to a debate he is a part of if I continue to post and feed into him... K-A and I have certainly had our debates in other threads, as I have had with many others as well, but I certainly know when to stop...

Last edited by 06E55; 02-25-2014 at 09:08 PM.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 06E55
And the BS back and forth about M-B, BMW, and now Lexus and Porsche continues... Can we please get back on topic toward a useful discussion of the S Class Coupe?

No offense Germancar1, but if you don't want K-A to reply to your comments, then don't post anything... It is, after all, a *public forum* and members are free to post whatever they want, but your posts just add fuel to the fire...

We all know the type of posts K-A makes... They are what they are... Sometimes I agree with things he says, and sometimes I don't... But I certainly wouldn't expect him not to reply to a debate he is a part of if I continue to post and feed into him... K-A and I have certainly had our debates in other threads, as I have had with many others as well, but I certainly know when to stop...

None taken, but I think you got that backwards, if you'll go back I didn't say anything to him, he quoted me talking to another member. Me not post anything? NO he shouldn't, he's the troll. Especially since I wasn't talking to him or about him.

M
Old 02-26-2014, 08:16 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2014 S550
None taken, but I think you got that backwards, if you'll go back I didn't say anything to him, he quoted me talking to another member. Me not post anything? NO he shouldn't, he's the troll. Especially since I wasn't talking to him or about him.

M
You are absolutely right.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:07 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Well said bud. And you and I have indeed had our debates on threads far more heated than what we have here, yet they ended in a mutual respect or understating.

If people here crave "debate ****" then they'll get it, and nobody's fooling anybody by acting as if I'm talking to a wall.

GC1: Just because I quote you once in your life doesn't mean you have to go all 8 year old "you're still a poo poo head" on me. I can't remember the last time I made a post in this forum without you trolling it, and guess what, you've recently been blocked by members for doing so yourself.

Stick to cars, too many of you act like little school girls. Who gives a sh** what one persons opinion is.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Are you kidding me? Man please, move on you're the main troll here and everywhere, your middle name is banned. Remember Germancarforum? Right.

M
Old 02-26-2014, 09:50 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

It's obvious you simply love to argue.

Funny thing is, what I said in this thread is exactly what you said, but you argued my point as if you were making a whole other point. Taking my subjectives out of the equation, 99% of the time you echo what I say but can't even realize it, and somehow argue it for the sake of arguing it.

Case in point: Porsche is more "exclusive" than Mercedes or BMW, fact, period. You said the exact thing, yet when I said it, you wrote a whole tangent about how I'm wrong, finally concluding your post with (as typical) the exact same thesis I said from the beginning.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You know what is obvious also? That you're a just a clueless hater of anything Mercedes, which makes everyone wonder why are you here? Everyone gets that you have discovered BMW and that is great, but every single thing Mercedes presents or does is not sub par, and it is old. You're the biggest troll ever and you're too thick to grasp that.

Porsche doesn't not play the same game as Mercedes, BMW or Audi. Not sure what is so hard to grasp that. They made their name and value on sports cars and have just now in recent years branched out. They will will always before more exclusive. Mercedes, BMW and Audi make over a MILLION cars are year. Porsche makes much less than half of that, always have and always will, they will never be a mainstream brand like MB, BMW or Audi.

Pointing out what is obvious makes you again, an irritant. There is no point to be made there. NONE. Ferrari is 10Xs more exclusive than Porsche, again what is the point.

What is lost on you is that Porsche while being more exclusive has reached down to 50K with a new SUV, in theory no different from MB and BMW reaching down to 30K with their new entry level models. You will never be able to understand this.

Who got banned from GCF and why? No one here is more loathed than you, same case on GCF. I wonder why?

M
Old 02-26-2014, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 135 Posts
W140 Mercedes S350, W221 S550 sport
Just saw this... The new C class coupe, which comes out next year takes many styling cues from the new s class coupe. This new c class coupe is going to be one hot mover I bet!

C coupe shown in white. Below is s coupe concept and production s class coupe.
Attached Thumbnails Official 2015 Mercedes S-class Coupe-image-1539058686.jpg  
Old 02-26-2014, 09:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible, 2014 Kia Sorento SXL AWD

M
You two have gone back and forth for the last few pages, so I don't get how you can say you weren't talking to him... I never said you quoted him first....

I'm just saying don't add fuel to the fire... It's like throwing a 50 gallon drum of gasoline into a blazing fire and expecting it not to do anything...
Old 02-26-2014, 11:03 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
04 Lexus LS430
I figured that was the reason why you changed. I have never seen Lexus drop the ball like this with the LS. Now the thing is, a new LS is rumored for 2016 I believe. That car will be something I'm sure. I wonder how many customer Lexus has lost because of the lazy effort with the LS. There is another former Edmunds LS owner here also, syswei.

M
You have to give the Japanese some credit for their 2013 LS...it was basically all they could pull out following the devastating earthquake of March 2011. All the sales numbers dropped and we know it took them a long time to regain their footing. I'm looking forward to their next gen LS...I think they may release it in fall 2015 as a 2016 model for their 25th anniversary celebration.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You two have gone back and forth for the last few pages, so I don't get how you can say you weren't talking to him... I never said you quoted him first....

I'm just saying don't add fuel to the fire... It's like throwing a 50 gallon drum of gasoline into a blazing fire and expecting it not to do anything...
True, but I hadn't replied to him anymore, he replied to me while I was replying to someone else. I didn't say squat to him, this time. Nothing. Tell him not reply, not me. I'm not the one in every thread posting the same bs.

M
Old 02-26-2014, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by aypues
You have to give the Japanese some credit for their 2013 LS...it was basically all they could pull out following the devastating earthquake of March 2011. All the sales numbers dropped and we know it took them a long time to regain their footing. I'm looking forward to their next gen LS...I think they may release it in fall 2015 as a 2016 model for their 25th anniversary celebration.

Nah they had a good 3-4 years before 2011 to work on a new LS. Their effort is pitiful IMO. I'm sure the next one will be something, question is will they copy the new S-Class or go their own route.

M
Old 02-26-2014, 11:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 135 Posts
W140 Mercedes S350, W221 S550 sport
It's funny how Mercedes tried to copy Lexus back when the w220 came out. I'm glad Mercedes went back to their roots and are staying true to being original.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:31 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3,241 Likes on 2,018 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Originally Posted by Jason B
It's funny how Mercedes tried to copy Lexus back when the w220 came out.
They actually haven't. Would you care to elaborate?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Official 2015 Mercedes S-class Coupe