S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Valeo wiper blades for Magic Vision..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2022, 08:51 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Mercedes-Benz S350 Bluetec.
Valeo wiper blades for Magic Vision..

Perhaps the only alternative to original MB, or china-copies?

Valeo 572320 VA320. To my eyes it looks exactly like the original MB blades. My parts supplier told me that only Valeo makes an alternative to OEM.

Old 05-16-2022, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 346 Likes on 257 Posts
2016 S550, 2015 Honda Civic Hybrid
Great, can you post again when you've put them and see how they work?
Old 05-16-2022, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Tom in Austin
Great, can you post again when you've put them and see how they work?
I put them on right away. No rain today, but from what i can tell, they are exactly like the OE.
I would not be surprised if it turns out, Valeo is the manufacturer of the the OE wiper blades, and they're just now marketing them under their own brandname.
Old 05-16-2022, 03:31 PM

Received 119 Likes on 68 Posts
S560 Long 4Matic (DE) MY 2018
Can I partially highjack and also ask for a favour? Here's my question: Are you guys generally happy with the magic vision wipers (original or not)?

I am having a hard time getting the wipers to effectively clean bug splatters when I'm on the motorway. With a traditional wiper system where the water is sprayed from the bonnet, it kinda gives the splatter a bit more time to seep (because there's more time available for the water to stay on the splatter before the wiper does its pass). With the MV ones the water is wiped almost as soon as it's sprayed and the end result is that splatter stays there and since the blade kinda skips over it, it can't even remove the rest of the water properly. In the summer especially, I have to stop after long trips and use a windshield spray. Oh, all the glass is clear-coated as well, but that doesn't make any difference.

Favour: I use the OEM ones, because they're free with each service. Is it just me? Could the dealer be taking me for a ride and not actually bothering to replace them? Have you noticed any difference with OEM vs 3rd party ones (or ones that you have installed yourselves vs dealer-provided ones)?

Thanks and sorry for the highjacking!
The following users liked this post:
Splaktar (03-05-2024)
Old 05-16-2022, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts
2023 Range Rover, 2020 MB S450
Originally Posted by Finn Donati
Perhaps the only alternative to original MB, or china-copies?
Valeo 572320 VA320. To my eyes it looks exactly like the original MB blades. My parts supplier told me that only Valeo makes an alternative to OEM.
Hi.
Can you post the link where you got it from ?

Thanks.
Old 05-16-2022, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,735 Likes on 1,749 Posts
2020 S560 4Matic
Originally Posted by Quenthel
Can I partially highjack and also ask for a favour? Here's my question: Are you guys generally happy with the magic vision wipers (original or not)?

I am having a hard time getting the wipers to effectively clean bug splatters when I'm on the motorway. With a traditional wiper system where the water is sprayed from the bonnet, it kinda gives the splatter a bit more time to seep (because there's more time available for the water to stay on the splatter before the wiper does its pass). With the MV ones the water is wiped almost as soon as it's sprayed and the end result is that splatter stays there and since the blade kinda skips over it, it can't even remove the rest of the water properly. In the summer especially, I have to stop after long trips and use a windshield spray. Oh, all the glass is clear-coated as well, but that doesn't make any difference.

Favour: I use the OEM ones, because they're free with each service. Is it just me? Could the dealer be taking me for a ride and not actually bothering to replace them? Have you noticed any difference with OEM vs 3rd party ones (or ones that you have installed yourselves vs dealer-provided ones)?

Thanks and sorry for the highjacking!
For cleaning the windshield, I LOVE the magic vision control. I have never owned a car that would clear bug splatters from the windshield with just the wipers and washers. I don't even try, I just clean the windshield when I stop.

As wipers, the car doesn't have great wipers. They chatter at times, and they are slow even on the fastest setting. Much preferred the wipers on my Lexus cars. But, the washers are incredible.

I HIGHLY doubt your dealer is replacing the wipers on yours for free at a cost of $250 a set. I bet your wipers are quite old.
Old 05-16-2022, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 477 Likes on 364 Posts
2015 S550
You can find lots of companies that make them on Ali Baba. Just search for the best deal and be prepared to wait to get them with all of the boats sitting off the coasts....unless you go with FedEx air or something similar. Your best bet is to order multiple sets as it cuts down on shipping costs and the cost per set can be quite a bit less. I figured I'd get a year out of each set, so I ordered 5. But honestly, these Chinese knock-offs have been better than the OEM's and are completely chatter-free, which I couldn't say for the OEM's. By the time I sell the car, I may have a few sets left to sell.
drose224 (05-16-2022)
Old 05-16-2022, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by SW20S
For cleaning the windshield, I LOVE the magic vision control. I have never owned a car that would clear bug splatters from the windshield with just the wipers and washers. I don't even try, I just clean the windshield when I stop.

As wipers, the car doesn't have great wipers. They chatter at times, and they are slow even on the fastest setting. Much preferred the wipers on my Lexus cars. But, the washers are incredible.

I HIGHLY doubt your dealer is replacing the wipers on yours for free at a cost of $250 a set. I bet your wipers are quite old.
Well... it's mentioned in the service report (2 Wischerblätter für Frontscheibe erneuern: 2 wipers for front windshield renewed) and it's one of the things that the dealer mentioned when I bought the car about the 10 years of (almost) free annual service. It's that Swiss Integral note that's mentioned instead of a price means that it's covered by them: the B service itself cost me only the price of liquids, less than CHF 350 instead of the 1900 I'd normally pay.

I've inspected the wipers and I can't really tell, but they don't seem old to me.

Splaktar (03-05-2024)
Old 05-16-2022, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 S560 4Matic
I get that, but most MBs don't have the MVC wipers. Just think about it, the retail price of these wipers is $200 USD, the dealer would lose money replacing them. My guess is that the package exists for all MBs and they are only applying that to non MVC wipers. You pay for the liquids, which means you pay for parts...
Old 05-16-2022, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by aeggroup
Hi.
Can you post the link where you got it from ?

Thanks.
I got them from a local parts-supplier that only deals business to business. (workshop supplier). So that's not possible.

If you google "Valeo 572320 VA320" you get several hits.
Old 05-16-2022, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts
2023 Range Rover, 2020 MB S450
I got them from a local parts-supplier that only deals business to business. (workshop supplier). So that's not possible.

If you google "Valeo 572320 VA320" you get several hits.
Just to get an idea of saving - how much did you pay for them ? I see that I can get OEM from Mercedes for about $170.
Thanks.

Old 05-16-2022, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 346 Likes on 257 Posts
2016 S550, 2015 Honda Civic Hybrid
When I googled "Valeo 572320 VA320", all I got was sites in the UK ...
Old 05-16-2022, 05:30 PM

...it's one of the things that the dealer mentioned when I bought the car about the 10 years of (almost) free annual service. It's that Swiss Integral note that's mentioned instead of a price means that it's covered by them: the B service itself cost me only the price of liquids, less than CHF 350 instead of the 1900 I'd normally pay...
10 years of almost free service.. Was that a special offer from the Swiss importer?

I bought my 2013 w222 almost 3 years ago in Germany, from the 1st. owner. When i took it to the dealer in Flensburg, Germany for the first annual service under my ownership, they did not replace the wipers. I cannot tell if they were ever replaced, untill i did it today. Only replaced them because they were chattering.

As a response to your question, i really like the MV. About a year and a half ago, i was on a roadtrip from Denmark to Romania and back, and cleaning the windshield by hand was not nessesary.

Old 05-16-2022, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by aeggroup
Just to get an idea of saving - how much did you pay for them ? I see that I can get OEM from Mercedes for about $170.
Thanks.
Dkk 659,74 (~$92) + 20% Vat.

aeggroup (05-16-2022)
Old 05-16-2022, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Tom in Austin
When I googled "Valeo 572320 VA320", all I got was sites in the UK ...
https://www.valeo.com/en/usa/
Old 05-17-2022, 06:21 AM

10 years of almost free service.. Was that a special offer from the Swiss importer?
I bought my 2013 w222 almost 3 years ago in Germany, from the 1st. owner. When i took it to the dealer in Flensburg, Germany for the first annual service under my ownership, they did not replace the wipers. I cannot tell if they were ever replaced, untill i did it today. Only replaced them because they were chattering.
As a response to your question, i really like the MV. About a year and a half ago, i was on a roadtrip from Denmark to Romania and back, and cleaning the windshield by hand was not nessesary.
Thanks for the reply! Switzerland has different programmes compared to Germany (e.g. no Junge Sterne here) and the MSI (Mercedes Swiss Integral) is very generous. This includes the 3 years of base warranty and 10 years of free service and (I think) they are including it for free on every purchase.

I get that, but most MBs don't have the MVC wipers. Just think about it, the retail price of these wipers is $200 USD, the dealer would lose money replacing them. My guess is that the package exists for all MBs and they are only applying that to non MVC wipers. You pay for the liquids, which means you pay for parts...
You have a point that it doesn't make financial sense, since the standard price I would have to pay for the service alone would be CHF 1880 (!), most of it being labour.

However, you need to consider the differences in the markets between Switzerland and the US or even Germany. Switzerland is a very small one; you can't find too many used cars or accessories and dealers are living and dying on repeat business. While it would make sense to save money wherever they can, since the market is small and quite regulated a dealer that lies will see their business going away fast (not to mention lawsuits, because Welcome to Switzerland). There are scammers of course, but they don't last long.

When I bought the (used) car they gave me a free exclusive warranty extension for 2 years to the tune of about CHF4.5K or so. They also replaced my key fob which went through 2 batteries per month as part of the warranty, without charging me a dime (about CHF 600 for materials, not to mention labour). I don't think they are trying to penny pinch on the wipers, but I cannot prove whether they changed them or not.
They look new. I am however going to put a small mark on the wipers before I go for my next service, just to find out what's what.
Splaktar (03-05-2024)
Old 05-17-2022, 09:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 S560 4Matic
Thanks for the reply! Switzerland has different programmes compared to Germany (e.g. no Junge Sterne here) and the MSI (Mercedes Swiss Integral) is very generous. This includes the 3 years of base warranty and 10 years of free service and (I think) they are including it for free on every purchase.

You have a point that it doesn't make financial sense, since the standard price I would have to pay for the service alone would be CHF 1880 (!), most of it being labour.

However, you need to consider the differences in the markets between Switzerland and the US or even Germany. Switzerland is a very small one; you can't find too many used cars or accessories and dealers are living and dying on repeat business. While it would make sense to save money wherever they can, since the market is small and quite regulated a dealer that lies will see their business going away fast (not to mention lawsuits, because Welcome to Switzerland). There are scammers of course, but they don't last long.

When I bought the (used) car they gave me a free exclusive warranty extension for 2 years to the tune of about CHF4.5K or so. They also replaced my key fob which went through 2 batteries per month as part of the warranty, without charging me a dime (about CHF 600 for materials, not to mention labour). I don't think they are trying to penny pinch on the wipers, but I cannot prove whether they changed them or not.
They look new. I am however going to put a small mark on the wipers before I go for my next service, just to find out what's what.
You brought up the question, which means you believe what I'm saying might be correct, not sure why you're arguing with me about my agreement that your own suspicion may be valid...
Old 05-17-2022, 10:41 AM

You brought up the question, which means you believe what I'm saying might be correct, not sure why you're arguing with me about my agreement that your own suspicion may be valid...
I did bring up a different question. Sure I did challenge your high certainty on the wipers being old with a bunch of reasons I provided, because while there is a possibility that the dealer is lying, it doesn't seem like it.
Still, they do work nicely when there are no bug splatters and they seem to work better than last month (prior to my service appointment). That doesn't mean I am 100% certain they are new, but I guess I'll know next year.

With that in mind, the question once again is whether other people experience the same behaviour from new wipers with bug splatters. It feels to me that the system has a weakness on that there's almost zero soak time compared to traditional wipers. Or it might be the washer fluid I'm using.

@Mods: Sorry for hijacking this, could you please move all the relevant replies to a separate topic?
Splaktar (03-05-2024)
Old 05-17-2022, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 S560 4Matic
I did bring up a different question. Sure I did challenge your high certainty on the wipers being old with a bunch of reasons I provided, because while there is a possibility that the dealer is lying, it doesn't seem like it.?
Why would you waste everyone's energy with a question you are already certain you know the answer to?

Why don't you go back and remove this question from your post, since you are no longer willing to accept the answer to it may be "yes"?

I use the OEM ones, because they're free with each service. Is it just me? Could the dealer be taking me for a ride and not actually bothering to replace them?
With that in mind, the question once again is whether other people experience the same behaviour from new wipers with bug splatters. It feels to me that the system has a weakness on that there's almost zero soak time compared to traditional wipers. Or it might be the washer fluid I'm using.
Will you accept those answers or argue with those also?

Sorry, but thats extremely annoying.

Last edited by SW20S; 05-17-2022 at 10:51 AM.
Old 05-17-2022, 12:24 PM

Calm down and lower your tone please. I don't understand why the possibility of the wipers being old is still contentious to you; I never denied it, I just presented you with enough data to show that the possibility is probably much lower than your assessment (but obviously not zero, which is why as part of my main question I offered that possibility. I am still interested with the main question).

Anyway, since this has become non-productive, I'll refrain from interacting with it further, unless anyone else could share their experience with Magic Vision.
Splaktar (03-05-2024)
Old 05-17-2022, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 S550
Calm down and lower your tone please. I don't understand why the possibility of the wipers being old is still contentious to you; I never denied it, I just presented you with enough data to show that the possibility is probably much lower than your assessment (but obviously not zero, which is why as part of my main question I offered that possibility. I am still interested with the main question).

Anyway, since this has become non-productive, I'll refrain from interacting with it further, unless anyone else could share their experience with Magic Vision.
Don't worry about Steve. He gets in a mood sometimes.

My Chinese knock-offs are actually quieter than the OEM and work every bit as good with the sprayer and heating the fluid. Including shipping, they ran me less than $50 per pair through Ali Baba. Shipping was actually half the cost, and that was over a year ago. With Biden f'ing everything up, I'm sure the cost of shipping is much higher and you'd have to wait a lot longer to get them.
Quenthel (05-17-2022)
Old 05-17-2022, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by DaveW68
Don't worry about Steve. He gets in a mood sometimes.

My Chinese knock-offs are actually quieter than the OEM and work every bit as good with the sprayer and heating the fluid. Including shipping, they ran me less than $50 per pair through Ali Baba. Shipping was actually half the cost, and that was over a year ago. With Biden f'ing everything up, I'm sure the cost of shipping is much higher and you'd have to wait a lot longer to get them.
Thanks for your input Dave. 50 bucks (or so) is cheap enough to do some A B testing and get some more concise results. Would you have a link for me perhaps?
Old 05-17-2022, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 S550
Thanks for your input Dave. 50 bucks (or so) is cheap enough to do some A B testing and get some more concise results. Would you have a link for me perhaps?
Just go on the Ali Baba website and shop there.
Old 05-17-2022, 11:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 244 Likes on 196 Posts
2014 S550 AMG, 2017 XT5
Cool

Originally Posted by DaveW68
Just go on the Ali Baba website and shop there.
Go to FCP Euro. Purchase once and get FREE LIFETIME REPLACEMENTS EVERY YEAR IF YOU WANT......
Genuine and OEM Replacement Car Parts Online | BMW Volvo Audi VW Mercedes Porsche Saab | FCP Euro

Old 05-18-2022, 05:45 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
W222 400D 4-matic
https://www.autodoc.nl/valeo/15240947
Quenthel (05-18-2022)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Valeo wiper blades for Magic Vision..