S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

W222 Facelift Conversion (Depo Headlights)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2022, 08:57 AM

Received 87 Likes on 58 Posts
G63/RR LWB/W222 S550
W222 Facelift Conversion (Depo Headlights)

Hi all

Just purchased a 15 W222 this weekend. I got a really good deal on it from a MB dealer. Really nice spec that I was looking for. Only issue the right headlight was full of water/condensation and they told me they had performed some “repair” and it would “go away”. Upon arrival to pick up the vehicle I knew off the bat I would have to change the light because it was that bad.

This morning my girlfriend called me saying she got a low beam error on the way to work….I’m guessing the module is water logged. I was hoping I had a little more time but it seems I have to take care of this issue asap.

Already have the kit priced out along with the lights “V3 by depo”. I don’t have nightvision. I’m not new to depo/aftermarket lights/kits. I’ve done many many facelift conversions on many of my current and previous vehicles.

My question is there anyone else running these depo lights? I heard there was some issues on the earlier lights/models with night vision. Anyone have any tips or suggestions?

Thanks for the input guys
Old 10-11-2022, 02:52 PM

Received 158 Likes on 92 Posts
All Cars Lost To Hurricane Isaac (W124 E420 revived - added 88 Allante 14 S550, 17 S63
Although i am very familiar with depot and like the offerings in general...., i currently own two w222s ... and the headlight performance is truly next level (yes, other vehicles do have simar performance)

I cant believe that depot would match this level of performance.
i suggest OEM

Originally Posted by simandang
Hi all

Just purchased a 15 W222 this weekend. I got a really good deal on it from a MB dealer. Really nice spec that I was looking for. Only issue the right headlight was full of water/condensation and they told me they had performed some “repair” and it would “go away”. Upon arrival to pick up the vehicle I knew off the bat I would have to change the light because it was that bad.

This morning my girlfriend called me saying she got a low beam error on the way to work….I’m guessing the module is water logged. I was hoping I had a little more time but it seems I have to take care of this issue asap.

Already have the kit priced out along with the lights “V3 by depo”. I don’t have nightvision. I’m not new to depo/aftermarket lights/kits. I’ve done many many facelift conversions on many of my current and previous vehicles.

My question is there anyone else running these depo lights? I heard there was some issues on the earlier lights/models with night vision. Anyone have any tips or suggestions?

Old 02-16-2023, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 Mercedes s550 n 2018 Mercedes e400 coupe 2015 Maserati ghibli
Mercedes s550 2015 depo light

Originally Posted by simandang
Hi all

I have personally been threw 3 sets of headlights for my 2015 mercedes s550 conversion to the 2020 s63 2 sets of made in china and 1 set of depo headlights.the depo set they fogged up bad after parking outside for 3hrs.Also the brightness of the lights are not bright at all.it looks like halogen bulbs.The 1st set of china made headlights gave me error issues on my dash.So my guy at Eurodyne Robert gave me another set of depo headlight with fogged up bad.So then he ended swapping me another set of Chinese made headlights with work perfect.No fogging up No errors.Robert at Eurodyne stands behind his word and he went above n beyond to make sure my light was working at a 100%.So If you guys in Cali hit up Robert at Eurodyne.

2020 s63 conversion

Depo driver headlight fogged up

Depo passenger headlight fogged up

Last edited by Liem550; 02-16-2023 at 06:52 PM.
Old 02-16-2023, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 352 Likes on 215 Posts
15 S550 4Matic, 86 560SL
Probably the best modification to the W222 is the activation of the Intelligent Lighting System. Will that work with the Depo headlights? If not, I would try to find used OEM units.
Old 02-16-2023, 09:01 PM

2015 Mercedes s550 n 2018 Mercedes e400 coupe 2015 Maserati ghibli
I looked into the Mercedes oem w222 2018-2020 headlights.they are $3000 for a used pair with ballast.plus another $1250/2000 to program/code/wiring harness/plus wiring for the car.so total would be about $4500-$5000.But when I tried to find a shop that could do it.Every shop I asked.no one was able to program/code n wire the lights.I got tired of asking and couldn’t wait anymore to see if anyone could do it.so I ended up going aftermarket $1750.It made more sense n less of a headache.
Old 05-06-2023, 12:29 PM

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts
W222, Porsche 958
So the headlights on your conversion are China headlights which were the 3rd pair since the first (2) were Depo and now you have chinese branded? - how have they held up at night time

I’ve just purchased the conversion kit for my W222 but I’m trying to deep dive into the headlights (panic mode) lol

Did you need an adapter? Do you know why you had error messages with the one pair of headlights? Faulty headlight?
Old 07-18-2023, 01:42 PM

S350
How are your Chinese headlights for w222 working? I had an accident in 2014 w222 and must decide whether to upgrade to Facelift or keep prefacelift. Headlights will decide what i do
Old 07-18-2023, 07:41 PM

W222, Porsche 958
As we speak my car is at the body shop getting the whole conversion done including headlights etc - I ended up buying 2 used OEM MB Headlights on Ebay. I got them both for $1,300 and in perfect condition just gotta swap the ballasts etc.

the body kit i got on Alibaba for $1700 WITH the chinese headlights and import and shipping including. I had it delivered to my body shop and we inspected all the parts and it is perfect. the same body kits on Ebay that sell for $3,000-$4,000 with or without headlights is $,1700 on Alibaba all in. took about 6 weeks to deliver.

Quality is perfect. im hoping to pick up the car friday its they started working on it July 14th and then i'll have BenzNinja code the OEM MB headlights to my VIN

as for the chinese headlights that i'm not using but delivered the quality and everything about them is as good as MB headlights I took plenty of pictures because I am selling them if you're interested i'll give you a great deal if your interested.

I can link everything too if anyone would like even upload some photos of the chinese headlights to let everyone see.
The following users liked this post:
BenzNinja (07-18-2023)
Old 07-18-2023, 11:44 PM

S350
Thank u fot the update, I will also go Chinese route on bodykit, if you can get me a reasonable price, perhaps we can do a deal on the headlights also if u are happy with them.
Old 07-19-2023, 07:07 PM

W222, Porsche 958
https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...fromMSite=true

This is who I got the body kit from. The quality is perfect, even when i inspected the items at my body shop and the guys also said the material is great. Took 6 weeks to have in my possession customer service was great once it arrived in the USA Port it was picked up by XPO Logistics and delivered.
The following 2 users liked this post by MayorMcCheese:
Amushonga2000 (07-20-2023), Kriss222amg (08-05-2023)
Old 07-20-2023, 01:47 PM

S350
Thanks for the lead
Old 08-05-2023, 06:47 PM

s500
Hello , I read your opinion about the set from alibaba . I also ordered. are you able to send me photos of the lamps that were included in the set? I'm wondering if I should buy oem? did you connect those chinese lamps? how do they work? , do you have any photos ?
Old 08-05-2023, 09:11 PM

W222, Porsche 958
U cant use OEM MB lights they use a different ballast i have a thread I made should be on the first page of the w222 section.

I did plug and have the chinese lights and I love them they work perfect they are as bright as my OEM ones.. they have the cornering lights too.. im not sure if they swivel I dont think they do but with the cornering light i havent cared but they work super good high and low beams.

as for pics I have none at the moment
Old 08-06-2023, 03:12 AM

s500
Originally Posted by MayorMcCheese
U cant use OEM MB lights they use a different ballast i have a thread I made should be on the first page of the w222 section.

I did plug and have the chinese lights and I love them they work perfect they are as bright as my OEM ones.. they have the cornering lights too.. im not sure if they swivel I dont think they do but with the cornering light i havent cared but they work super good high and low beams.

as for pics I have none at the moment
thanks for the answer, they also look like oem can you see the difference? ?