Do you recognise this Dash Cam in my 2019 S450 (W22)2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2023, 05:35 AM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 S450 W222
Do you recognise this Dash Cam in my 2019 S450 (W22)2

G'Day Guys

Another thing I am trying to clarify. I have this 'genuine Mercedes accessory' dash camera (and rear camera fitted to my recently acquired S450 and have no manual or instructions for it. My car is Jap import that has had a very good head unit conversion and now works perfectly in all area's here in Oz. However the camera is still a mystery. It even says something in Japanese when I start the car so I am assuming it was fitted by Mercedes, Japan. It also uses an SD card slotted into its right side under the Mercedes symbol which is a cover. There seems to be soooo many dash camera models used by Mercedes as 'genuine accessories' its hard to track this one down. I can find other pictures of it in other cars on the Interweb and even pictures of it on Japanese car sites selling other Mercedes models. However thus far I have had no success in trying to get a manual or even details on its operation.
Looking for enlightenment on the following.....

1/ there are 3 silver buttons on the front (see pics). What are they for and what do they do?
2/ How long does it record before it starts to record over the existing recording?
3/ Can I use a larger volume SD card to increase recording length?
4/ Does it keep recording while the car is parked?
5/ Anything else I need to know about it?

If anyone recognises this particular Dash Cam or indeed owns one the same I would love to hear from you and get a copy of the manual, if one even exists,

and/or hear from you on how you operate it.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regs from Oz
Old 08-08-2023, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 392 Likes on 294 Posts
EQ
I've never seen an OEM one that looks like that. But on the one I have seen, the three buttons are power, what I assume is activate (picture of a camera on middle button) and WiFi.
Old 01-02-2024, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes S400 Hybrid
My car has same Dashcam

Originally Posted by Reddesire360
G'Day Guys

Another thing I am trying to clarify. I have this 'genuine Mercedes accessory' dash camera (and rear camera fitted to my recently acquired S450 and have no manual or instructions for it. My car is Jap import that has had a very good head unit conversion and now works perfectly in all area's here in Oz. However the camera is still a mystery. It even says something in Japanese when I start the car so I am assuming it was fitted by Mercedes, Japan. It also uses an SD card slotted into its right side under the Mercedes symbol which is a cover. There seems to be soooo many dash camera models used by Mercedes as 'genuine accessories' its hard to track this one down. I can find other pictures of it in other cars on the Interweb and even pictures of it on Japanese car sites selling other Mercedes models. However thus far I have had no success in trying to get a manual or even details on its operation.
Looking for enlightenment on the following.....

1/ there are 3 silver buttons on the front (see pics). What are they for and what do they do?
2/ How long does it record before it starts to record over the existing recording?
3/ Can I use a larger volume SD card to increase recording length?
4/ Does it keep recording while the car is parked?
5/ Anything else I need to know about it?

If anyone recognises this particular Dash Cam or indeed owns one the same I would love to hear from you and get a copy of the manual, if one even exists,

and/or hear from you on how you operate it.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regs from Oz
Hi,

I am seeking the same answers as yourself as my car has the identical Dashcam.

I am in Australia and have a W222 2016 S400 Hybrid from Japan.

What I have learned about my dashcam.

Front camera

· Has a 32Gb MicroSD card which records 5 hours of recordings before overriding.

· Card stores 300 x 1 minute videos.

· Can’t see any reason why a larger MicroSD card can’t be used.

· Videos, when downloaded to my laptop, are clear and good quality.

· If you don’t refit SD card to camera, a Japanese voice from the camera will drive you nuts!!!

· The camera recorded while stationary at dealership but not sure if ignition was on or off.

· The camera gets very hot while recording on a trip.

· I don’t know what the three silver buttons do so would like to understand what they do and how it operates.

Rear camera

· It would seem that the rear camera is not working, suspect no power supply, as no indicator lights are showing on camera.

· When I downloaded data from MicroSD card there is no folder for rear videos, only front videos.

I can get by ok without full knowledge, as front camera is working fine, but would love to learn more about the following:

1. Dashcam operation and the three silver buttons on front camera.

2. How to adjust time on camera, as videos showing Japanese time.

3. Why no power is going to rear camera.

Look forward to chatting again,

Kym
Old 01-03-2024, 10:35 AM

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts
2017 S550 coupe, 2013 E550 coupe, 2008 Tahoe
Any part numbers on the cameras?
Old 01-03-2024, 12:15 PM

Received 171 Likes on 119 Posts
2001 S600 V12 Sold, 2011 Jaguar XFR Sold, 2017 S550 4-Matic, 2018 S63 AMG Sedan
There was another post on this forum about the factory dash cams, but i can't seem to find in. This might help: https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ash-cam-2.html

Old 01-03-2024, 07:39 PM

Mercedes S400 Hybrid
Originally Posted by wheatswake
Any part numbers on the cameras?
There doesn't seem to be any visible part numbers
Old 01-03-2024, 08:02 PM

Mercedes S400 Hybrid
Thank you. It maybe the case that these dashcams were only for the Japanese market.
Old 01-03-2024, 10:44 PM

Received 171 Likes on 119 Posts
2001 S600 V12 Sold, 2011 Jaguar XFR Sold, 2017 S550 4-Matic, 2018 S63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by KymMerc
Thank you. It maybe the case that these dashcams were only for the Japanese market.
Here's the thread that should include part numbers: https://mbworld.org/forums/audio-ele...-document.html

Old 01-04-2024, 12:26 AM

Received 106 Likes on 73 Posts
W222, W221, W218, W211
this camera works with the app called "Wi-Fi Camera Viewer" (by Taeho Kim). It does look like some small business colab with local Mercedes dealer in Japan. Numbers are on the Manual:
M 000 829 30 10 MM
M 222 829 30 10 MM
The manual doesn't have English option, so it took me a while to figure out how to operate it using online translators...

btw. as you see below, the default password for wifi is 12345678.

Old 01-04-2024, 07:11 AM

Mercedes S400 Hybrid
Thank you for providing further information about this Japanese Dashcam.
Old 01-13-2024, 06:53 PM

2019 S450 W222
Since my original post I have now found the original manual and managed to put together an English translation for future users. For those of you who have DropBox please see the link below for a free copy of the English Manual..

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/m3bn2...8jwybsjbt&dl=0

I have also upgraded mine to the max 64GB micro SDHC memory card which are readily available and all in all it works very well with high quality video capture.

@ amgs63dxb did you actually get this work on your mobile. I have tried to use the app "Wi-Fi Camera Viewer" on my iPhone X however I have not been able to get the phone to talk to the camera and believe it may be a compatibility issues as the type of mobile network used in Japan is different to what we use here in Melbourne, Oz. If you have got it going where are you based?
Old 01-16-2024, 02:18 AM

Mercedes S400 Hybrid
Thank you for English Manual.

Do you have any suggestions to how I reset my video recordings from showing Japanese time zone to Australian?
Old 01-16-2024, 05:51 AM

2019 S450 W222
No I don't. I still have mine showing Japanese time however its only 2 hours behind Melbourne time so not something I agonised over. There is an options to update the software and perhaps it would update the time zone as well with it but I have not been game enough top do that so far as it suggest you could stuff the whole unit up and render it inoperable if the update goes south ! There is also a mobile app as described above that seems to have a range of control functions in it but I could never get it going because of what I believe are mobile network incompatibilities. Could never get the phone to talk to the camera.

If you manage to figure it out let us all know
Old 01-16-2024, 09:45 PM

Mercedes S400 Hybrid
Ok, thank you for your efforts.
Old 05-25-2024, 01:02 AM

A180
Originally Posted by KymMerc
Ok, thank you for your efforts.
Anyone know where I can find the app for this for Android?
Searched on the Play store for "Wi-Fi camera viewer" and other variations of that but cannot find it.

I can pull the sdcard out and read it on my computer to see the recordings but it would be cool to do it via phone.
Also it got very hot - does other peoples one get hot?

Thanks - from Auckland NZ