S-Class (W223) 2021 to Present

How can I extinguish this notice without raising steering column?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2021, 11:31 PM

Received 130 Likes on 55 Posts
2022 S500
How can I extinguish this notice without raising steering column?

How may I eliminate this relentless message screen without raising steering column?

Higher than EPA rating!
I realize that there are cameras that like to keep a view on what I’m up to….however….unless I keep the steering column at its uppermost position (Mack Truck time), this warning notice keeps appearing. I push the “ok” button on the wheel, it extinguishes…and will then reappear for 5 separate times. I keep my seat at the peak height and I like the steering wheel set at the mid range. Getting tedious and annoying! I do have the 3D panel…and that will revert to 2D if the wheel isn’t fully raised. I’m ok with that. Any ideas on finding a way to keep the column within the mid range?

Separately, keeping the dynamic setting in the “eco” mode yields surprisingly high MPG (S580, 19” wheels). I happen to prefer the “start off” to be in 2nd gear…a bit smoother. As a footnote, there’s a very smooth transition between “engine off” and “engine on” at stops. Haven’t seen that before. Allowing auto engine off shows up at freeway speeds as well, providing the dynamic cruise is off.
Old 07-31-2021, 01:48 PM

Received 173 Likes on 114 Posts
2021 S500 (Mojave Silver), MB S400 (wife), BMW 750Li (passed on to kids)
Originally Posted by Nonformulaic

How may I eliminate this relentless message screen without raising steering column?

Higher than EPA rating!
I realize that there are cameras that like to keep a view on what I’m up to….however….unless I keep the steering column at its uppermost position (Mack Truck time), this warning notice keeps appearing. I push the “ok” button on the wheel, it extinguishes…and will then reappear for 5 separate times. I keep my seat at the peak height and I like the steering wheel set at the mid range. Getting tedious and annoying! I do have the 3D panel…and that will revert to 2D if the wheel isn’t fully raised. I’m ok with that. Any ideas on finding a way to keep the column within the mid range?

Separately, keeping the dynamic setting in the “eco” mode yields surprisingly high MPG (S580, 19” wheels). I happen to prefer the “start off” to be in 2nd gear…a bit smoother. As a footnote, there’s a very smooth transition between “engine off” and “engine on” at stops. Haven’t seen that before. Allowing auto engine off shows up at freeway speeds as well, providing the dynamic cruise is off.
That’s odd. I have only adjusted on first day of having car and never saw it again. Maybe it’s because you have the seat at peak height/steering wheel mid range is affecting the sensors from seeing your eyes to properly calibrate. (Steering wheel in the way?)
Have you tried going back to square one and enter your height in the settings and have car adjust seat for what it calculates as ideal position? And then from there re-adjust\fine-tune.

Last edited by Sonic Boom; 07-31-2021 at 01:51 PM.
Old 07-31-2021, 02:07 PM

2022 S500
Thanks for the suggestion, Sonic! Yes….it’s definitely due to my chosen seating position. If I set the seat mid height and adjust the wheel upward a bit, the notice does not appear. That said, even tho I’m no Republican, I still hate being regulated! I did click off on the 3D…but that did not make a difference. All it takes is clicking on “ok” as an acknowledgement of the notice…5 times!…then it finally goes away….until the next start up. Oh well!
Old 07-31-2021, 02:15 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, Sonic! Yes….it’s definitely due to my chosen seating position. If I set the seat mid height and adjust the wheel upward a bit, the notice does not appear. That said, even tho I’m no Republican, I still hate being regulated! I did click off on the 3D…but that did not make a difference. All it takes is clicking on “ok” as an acknowledgement of the notice…5 times!…then it finally goes away….until the next start up. Oh well!
I think the driver camera is also used for the drowsiness/micro-sleep detection as part of the Attention Assist. Try turning it off (at your own risk! ) and see if the warning goes away. (I’m assuming you can turn if Attention Assist)
Old 07-31-2021, 02:23 PM

2022 S500
Good idea, SB. I’ll give it a go, if it’s possible to find an “off” to “attention assist” in one of the menus.

I know this is a learning curve…and despite my being a techy guy….I’m not relaxed while driving this new vehicle. The demands, at this point, are daunting…and..and..exhausting…to this old guy.
Old 07-31-2021, 02:42 PM

Good idea, SB. I’ll give it a go, if it’s possible to find an “off” to “attention assist” in one of the menus.

I know this is a learning curve…and despite my being a techy guy….I’m not relaxed while driving this new vehicle. The demands, at this point, are daunting…and..and..exhausting…to this old guy.
I know what you mean! I’m also a high-tech/gadgets freak/nerd; I actually read the manual cover to cover and took a bunch of notes/stickies before I even got the car LOL, but it did help in minimizing the learning curve.
It was frustrating, however, when I picked up the car during car orientation I knew more than the “expert.” And the questions I had lined up for him, he couldn’t answer most of them!

Last edited by Sonic Boom; 07-31-2021 at 02:45 PM.
Old 07-31-2021, 02:52 PM

2022 S500
Just yesterday, it asked for a fingerprint so that all of the settings would be identified with me. I reluctantly did that….and essentially “Hal,” the Spanish version, took over, holding me hostage. All stations changed to Spanish music, miles went to kilometers….and it took 20 minutes to get out of the new personalized mode and restore the many settings I installed. I went into a brain fog.
Old 07-31-2021, 08:20 PM

Received 223 Likes on 132 Posts
S580
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom
I know what you mean! I’m also a high-tech/gadgets freak/nerd; I actually read the manual cover to cover and took a bunch of notes/stickies before I even got the car LOL, but it did help in minimizing the learning curve.
It was frustrating, however, when I picked up the car during car orientation I knew more than the “expert.” And the questions I had lined up for him, he couldn’t answer most of them!
I thought I was weird by reading the manual before even owning the car lol
The following users liked this post:
Sactownmb (08-01-2021)
Old 07-31-2021, 08:59 PM

2022 S500
Cole Blooded…..”weird?” I’d call it “passionate.” That’s why you are where you are. It’s great that we can still take joy that way. If you weren’t interested in reading the manuals, reviewing the details in the now online brochure, you might be selling these great cars…rather than buying them. Look at all the OCD stuff and say “thank you!”
The following users liked this post:
Jmcintire217 (07-31-2021)
Old 07-31-2021, 09:51 PM

Received 223 Likes on 132 Posts
S580
Cole Blooded…..”weird?” I’d call it “passionate.” That’s why you are where you are. It’s great that we can still take joy that way. If you weren’t interested in reading the manuals, reviewing the details in the now online brochure, you might be selling these great cars…rather than buying them. Look at all the OCD stuff and say “thank you!”
​​​​​​ Cant argue with that.