S-Class (W223) 2021 to Present

rear seat entertainment option?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2022, 12:50 AM

Received 70 Likes on 38 Posts
997.2TTS
rear seat entertainment option?

i don't see it anywhere on the builder - in either the amg or executive line. and i don't believe it's standard on the exec line... only the tablet in the center armrest.

are the two rear seat screens available as an option? anyone here got it in their amg model?
as I'm unable to add via the online builder.
Old 04-24-2022, 04:04 PM

Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts
2021 S580
I have the rear entertainment package in my 2021 S 580 Executive line. So far, it has been a total waste of $. There is still no WiFi available so it has been completely useless. The screens do not do anything more than the tablet in the console…
Old 04-24-2022, 04:20 PM

997.2TTS
Originally Posted by MWoz
I have the rear entertainment package in my 2021 S 580 Executive line. So far, it has been a total waste of $. There is still no WiFi available so it has been completely useless. The screens do not do anything more than the tablet in the console…
that's pretty disappointing... and very good to know.
are the rear screens only available on exec line, or can be optioned on the amg?
Old 04-24-2022, 05:14 PM

Received 119 Likes on 79 Posts
S550
Originally Posted by tonupbklyn
that's pretty disappointing... and very good to know.
are the rear screens only available on exec line, or can be optioned on the amg?
In America, rear seat entertainment screens aren't available anymore...
The following users liked this post:
aypues (05-29-2022)
Old 04-24-2022, 05:25 PM

997.2TTS
Originally Posted by Sean._.S
In America, rear seat entertainment screens aren't available anymore...
is this accurate??
Old 04-24-2022, 08:13 PM

2021 S580
I could only order them on the Executive line. I originally wanted them on an AMG line and there was no option for them.
I noticed they’re not available on the build screens on MBUSA nor is the chauffeur seat I have. Have you asked your dealer about the options not listed though?
Old 04-24-2022, 08:18 PM

997.2TTS
I could only order them on the Executive line. I originally wanted them on an AMG line and there was no option for them.
I noticed they’re not available on the build screens on MBUSA nor is the chauffeur seat I have. Have you asked your dealer about the options not listed though?
ya, have an email out to him, awaiting feedback.
my car is actually at the VPC, awaiting delivery to my dealership. so if it is in fact available... and if it actually functions beyond what you've described!... then it'd have to be an installed option post purchase.
Old 04-25-2022, 08:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
I...
There is still no WiFi available so it has been completely useless. The screens do not do anything more than the tablet in the console…
You would still need the Mercedes Me internet service. However, at least European cars allow internet (data/browsing) via a connected cell phone. Does not make sense to pay Mercedes for some limited data plan when 17 Euros per month gives unlimited 5G data from my phone.
Old 04-25-2022, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 476 Likes on 353 Posts
2014 Mercedes E350 4matic Wagon, 2018 Fiat 124 Spyder Lusso manual, 2005 Acura TSX manual
Originally Posted by tonupbklyn
i don't see it anywhere on the builder - in either the amg or executive line. and i don't believe it's standard on the exec line... only the tablet in the center armrest.

are the two rear seat screens available as an option? anyone here got it in their amg model?
as I'm unable to add via the online builder.
The option was dropped in the US for the 2022 model year. No 2022s have had it.
Old 05-28-2022, 08:43 AM

Received 81 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by BenjaminKohl
The option was dropped in the US for the 2022 model year. No 2022s have had it.
Ive seen a few 2022's that have had this, the one I just canceled actually did. Does anyone know if there is anyway to retrofit this to a executive line vehicle?

Old 05-28-2022, 05:44 PM

Received 173 Likes on 114 Posts
2021 S500 (Mojave Silver), MB S400 (wife), BMW 750Li (passed on to kids)
Hi, what do you mean “,,,still no WiFi available,,,?” For the rear screens or the tablet? Or both?
I have the rear screens (and of course the tablet). I’ve connected the tablet to WiFi but never tried with the rear screens.
Old 05-28-2022, 06:10 PM

2021 S580
I’m still unable to get WiFi in my car. Without it, the screens will not allow emails, texts, Netflix, etc…
How were you able to get WiFi? I’ve tried everything. T-Mobile blames Mercedes and vise versa. Even had the latest software update at the dealership.
Old 05-28-2022, 06:23 PM

I’m still unable to get WiFi in my car. Without it, the screens will not allow emails, texts, Netflix, etc…
How were you able to get WiFi? I’ve tried everything. T-Mobile blames Mercedes and vise versa. Even had the latest software update at the dealership.
Regarding WiFi in tablet, it took me a while to figure out. First, you have to exit the tablet’s MBUX. You will then be in Google/Android user interface. (Since I’m not an android user it took me a while to figure out; if you are then it should be much easier.) You then need to access settings/WiFi and connect to a hotspot. Should then be able to have WiFi and use like a typical tablet. Just make sure you don’t press the tablets Home Screen physical button or else you’ll be back in MBUX.
Old 05-29-2022, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Sonic Boom
Regarding WiFi in tablet, it took me a while to figure out. First, you have to exit the tablet’s MBUX. You will then be in Google/Android user interface. (Since I’m not an android user it took me a while to figure out; if you are then it should be much easier.) You then need to access settings/WiFi and connect to a hotspot. Should then be able to have WiFi and use like a typical tablet. Just make sure you don’t press the tablets Home Screen physical button or else you’ll be back in MBUX.

Once you have connected to a hotspot, when you go back into the MBUX interface does the WiFi follow? My car is being delivered this week, I was assuming i would be able to activate WiFi as soon as it arrives, How could this still not work lol?

Old 05-29-2022, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by DoctorDash
Once you have connected to a hotspot, when you go back into the MBUX interface does the WiFi follow? My car is being delivered this week, I was assuming i would be able to activate WiFi as soon as it arrives, How could this still not work lol?
I think you can “activate WiFi as soon as it arrives.”

For strictly the rear tablet (in my case anyhow), when I return to MBUX the WiFi (internet) disconnects and returns connection to car’s MBUX.
Note that the MBUX of main system/front center console screen connects to internet via hotspot/CarPlay/Mercedes Me.

For the life of me I’ve haven’t figured out the logic why, if the main MBUX is connected to internet, why do I have to have a separate internet connection via hotspot for rear tablet to surf net/email/Netflix/etc.???
Old 05-29-2022, 03:03 PM

I think you can “activate WiFi as soon as it arrives.”

For strictly the rear tablet (in my case anyhow), when I return to MBUX the WiFi (internet) disconnects and returns connection to car’s MBUX.
Note that the MBUX of main system/front center console screen connects to internet via hotspot/CarPlay/Mercedes Me.

For the life of me I’ve haven’t figured out the logic why, if the main MBUX is connected to internet, why do I have to have a separate internet connection via hotspot for rear tablet to surf net/email/Netflix/etc.???

Wow that sounds ridiculous. So jut making sure I understand this correctly, the rear tablet does NOT take WIFI from the main screen? Why would the vehicle try to connect to two different connections. I'm hoping once the car gets here this week I'll be able to figure this out. It'll be nice to have the Wi-Fi working when I'm in the rear of the vehicle

Old 06-12-2022, 05:22 AM

Wow that sounds ridiculous. So jut making sure I understand this correctly, the rear tablet does NOT take WIFI from the main screen? Why would the vehicle try to connect to two different connections. I'm hoping once the car gets here this week I'll be able to figure this out. It'll be nice to have the Wi-Fi working when I'm in the rear of the vehicle
Update:
I’m not sure directly related, but when I updated the MBUX to Zero-Layer a few days ago, the rear tablet, when exiting the MBUX and into the android screen with apps such as Chrome, Mail, etc., now connects directly with the front MBUX internet access. No more hotspoting with a smartphone!
I realized I had to go to the android settings > connections and made sure it was connecting to the MBUX and not another WiFi.
So all the issues that I mentioned in above previous posts have happily been resolved

Last edited by Sonic Boom; 06-12-2022 at 05:29 AM.
Old 06-12-2022, 09:18 AM

Update:
I’m not sure directly related, but when I updated the MBUX to Zero-Layer a few days ago, the rear tablet, when exiting the MBUX and into the android screen with apps such as Chrome, Mail, etc., now connects directly with the front MBUX internet access. No more hotspoting with a smartphone!
I realized I had to go to the android settings > connections and made sure it was connecting to the MBUX and not another WiFi.
So all the issues that I mentioned in above previous posts have happily been resolved
Ill tell you another thing they never mention. To update that tablet you need to go into the android system. After I got through all the setup portion of it to my suprise there is a MBUX app on the desktop that says MBUX UPDATE. And it carried out a pretty large update also, make sure you do that
crabman (06-12-2022)
Old 06-12-2022, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,119 Likes on 707 Posts
23 S580 Executive
I have a 23 order, the screens are in as of now, whether they actually show up is another question. The only blip so far is comfort access which shows deleted for credit. Build date is 3rd decade August.
Old 06-12-2022, 12:41 PM

Ill tell you another thing they never mention. To update that tablet you need to go into the android system. After I got through all the setup portion of it to my suprise there is a MBUX app on the desktop that says MBUX UPDATE. And it carried out a pretty large update also, make sure you do that
Thanks for the heads up. I just checked and the tablet has the latest update to version T230NZXXU1AVB1 B2BF/T230NZBNZ1AVB1 (release date 2 June, size 661 MB !).

The only downside I noticed is at least one of the two rear screens has to be on in order for the tablet to also be in MBUX mode. At first I had difficulty trying to connect the MBUX tablet because I didn’t realize one of the other screens had to be on. Took me forever to figure it out, even took it back to the dealer who couldn’t solve it! He said sending email back to Germany! Trouble shot it myself at home!
I know the tablet mirrors one of the screens, but still, it should be able to connect without!! First world problems LOL.
crabman (06-12-2022)
Old 06-12-2022, 12:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

23 S580 Executive
Some good information here, thanks!
Old 06-12-2022, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by crabman
I have a 23 order, the screens are in as of now, whether they actually show up is another question. The only blip so far is comfort access which shows deleted for credit. Build date is 3rd decade August.
Hi, are you sure no COMFORT ACCESS!?!?!? Jeez!
Old 06-12-2022, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

23 S580 Executive
Yeah, it's deleted for credit on a car that doesn't start production for 2 months. My dealer says I should be happy that's all there is and pray for no more change between now and then.
Old 06-12-2022, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 476 Likes on 353 Posts
2014 Mercedes E350 4matic Wagon, 2018 Fiat 124 Spyder Lusso manual, 2005 Acura TSX manual
I assume you are referring to HANDS-FREE ACCESS, the kick to open trunk. Comfort Access is an option comparable to Keyless-Go on BMWs and Porsches. It's the keyless entry. That should still be there @crabman @Sonic Boom .
Old 06-12-2022, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by BenjaminKohl
I assume you are referring to HANDS-FREE ACCESS, the kick to open trunk. Comfort Access is an option comparable to Keyless-Go on BMWs and Porsches. It's the keyless entry. That should still be there @crabman @Sonic Boom .
That’s why in my last post I wrote COMFORT ACCESS in all caps and commented “jeez!” Because that’s (practically) a standard feature on S class. I hope crabman’s is as you said the trunk hands-free access instead.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: rear seat entertainment option?