Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2023, 10:52 AM
Aah

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2022 s500
2022 s class Mercedes me

Hi all,

Been a member for several years and truly enjoy this website, so thanks to all the members.

Ran into a little bit of an issue, that I was hoping to get some input on.

Drove a 15 S coupe for several years as a daily but had to get a new car as the extended cpo warranty expired. I wanted to pick up a newer model of it, but MB stopped producing S coupes. So, decided to get a 22 S500, two months ago. Had 3000 miles and CPO so I was happy with that. Car is great but ran into an issue. Hit a rock chip few weeks ago so I took the car to mb dealer to get the windshield replaced. Had a service A done on it as well since the in-service date was about a year ago. Car is back, running fine, but Mercedes Me no longer works (worked flawlessly for the past two months). Now it just shows a timestamp of when the car was being repaired and won’t update (still says windows are open, ignition is on etc.) Not sure if many are a fan, but I truly enjoyed using the app so I’ve been disappointed. I tried the following so far.

1. deleted app re-downloaded app (multiple times)
2. Called Mercedes Me who did a “reset”
3. I went back to the dealer who performed the service (he blamed it on the app). That somebody would call me from Mercedes Me wishing the hour. Been waiting several days for that to happen lol
4. Tried to reset the Mercedes Me program through the car display unit itself.

No luck so far. Maybe it’s just a software glitch but it was working perfectly before I took it into the shop. Got several “ critical battery alerts” while I was in the shop, and then, right before I picked up the car, car stopped communicating.
Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!
Old 04-02-2023, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 749 Likes on 469 Posts
2023 S500
You try logging in and out at the Mercedes Me website? Try disabling and re-enabling all features on the website and see if that works.
Old 04-02-2023, 11:19 AM
Aah

2022 s500
Yes .. tried that, too, both from the app as well as MB website. I should’ve mentioned that, sorry. Still no luck.
Old 04-02-2023, 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 484 Likes on 336 Posts
2019 S560, 2022 Audi S8
I can't help you with the MercedesMe app, but as to the beginning of the problem....the rock chip. I always repair those minor chips with a do-it-yourself kit from an auto parts store. How big was the chip? When I fix those "star" type dings, you can't even tell it happened. If it is a little larger than what I'm comfortable with, Safelite comes to my house and fixes those small glass dings, but fix it immediately or else those cracks will run away and get bigger quickly.
Old 04-02-2023, 11:54 AM
Aah

2022 s500
When the rock hit, I heard a noise, but didn’t see anything right away. When I parked into the garage, I saw 14 inch crack on the passenger side. Luckily, I had purchased, the windshield protection from MB. I am glad I didn’t get it repaired at an aftermarket place though, I would probably be thinking the Mercedes Me issue stemmed from non-MB work, but that wasn’t the case. Thanks for the advice about the rock chip repair. Will definitely get a kit and keep on hand.
Old 04-02-2023, 12:17 PM
TSA

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
S580 MAYBACH Z223
Originally Posted by Aah
Hi all,

Been a member for several years and truly enjoy this website, so thanks to all the members.

Ran into a little bit of an issue, that I was hoping to get some input on.

Drove a 15 S coupe for several years as a daily but had to get a new car as the extended cpo warranty expired. I wanted to pick up a newer model of it, but MB stopped producing S coupes. So, decided to get a 22 S500, two months ago. Had 3000 miles and CPO so I was happy with that. Car is great but ran into an issue. Hit a rock chip few weeks ago so I took the car to mb dealer to get the windshield replaced. Had a service A done on it as well since the in-service date was about a year ago. Car is back, running fine, but Mercedes Me no longer works (worked flawlessly for the past two months). Now it just shows a timestamp of when the car was being repaired and won’t update (still says windows are open, ignition is on etc.) Not sure if many are a fan, but I truly enjoyed using the app so I’ve been disappointed. I tried the following so far.

1. deleted app re-downloaded app (multiple times)
2. Called Mercedes Me who did a “reset”
3. I went back to the dealer who performed the service (he blamed it on the app). That somebody would call me from Mercedes Me wishing the hour. Been waiting several days for that to happen lol
4. Tried to reset the Mercedes Me program through the car display unit itself.

No luck so far. Maybe it’s just a software glitch but it was working perfectly before I took it into the shop. Got several “ critical battery alerts” while I was in the shop, and then, right before I picked up the car, car stopped communicating.
Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!
Same problems bro could we talk on the phone if you like to give your phone number? My car also does not got the profile thing I think my vehicle is damned up
ohhh wait I remember how to fix this , go to the service menu on the driver screen there is videos of it and then there is an option with mercedes me like “disable Mercedes me temporarily for service” and just enable it there
Old 04-02-2023, 01:00 PM
Aah

2022 s500
Originally Posted by TSA
Same problems bro could we talk on the phone if you like to give your phone number? My car also does not got the profile thing I think my vehicle is damned up
ohhh wait I remember how to fix this , go to the service menu on the driver screen there is videos of it and then there is an option with mercedes me like “disable Mercedes me temporarily for service” and just enable it there

tried, but not able to pull up that screen. Yes, definitely, give me a call (see phone number on pic). Thanks

Trending Topics

Old 04-02-2023, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 484 Likes on 336 Posts
2019 S560, 2022 Audi S8
Originally Posted by Aah
When the rock hit, I heard a noise, but didn’t see anything right away. When I parked into the garage, I saw 14 inch crack on the passenger side. Luckily, I had purchased, the windshield protection from MB. I am glad I didn’t get it repaired at an aftermarket place though, I would probably be thinking the Mercedes Me issue stemmed from non-MB work, but that wasn’t the case. Thanks for the advice about the rock chip repair. Will definitely get a kit and keep on hand.
Oh ok, that was worse than I thought.