S_W222 (09-23-2023)
Old 09-24-2023, 08:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by TSA
I know how to code.

i just don’t got the equipment.
You are 99.99% ready then. On a W223 the necessary hardware is only an Ethernet cable connecting to the OBD II port. No MB specific multiplexer needed any more. Obviously a Windows laptop too, running the SW.
Old 09-25-2023, 09:08 AM

Received 70 Likes on 38 Posts
997.2TTS
have any US owners here had their w223 coded remotely by any of these service providers? will leave out the one provider (from SNG) that's referred by few members...i've already tried, and without going into any disparaging details and calling out names, would prefer to look elsewhere.

Old 09-25-2023, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 689 Likes on 448 Posts
Current/Last 5-years:S560, X7, X5, Accord; Sold:S550, BMW X7; X5;BMW 530e;20'Lincoln Navigator;LS460
Originally Posted by tonupbklyn
have any US owners here had their w223 coded remotely by any of these service providers?.
Search the forum and u’ll find many positive data-points about Rj Automotive, specifically for MBUX cars too. One example I randomly found with multiple references:

https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...g-package.html

Another post with multiple users who did ILS “MULTIBEAM INTELLIGENT HEADLIGHT PLUS ACTIVATION” coding. U can see multiple users confirming service there:
https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-c...us-canada.html

Last one is from the GLS forum, discussing/confirming a full remote service (no equipment purchasing, no equipment renting and wait for shipping coding modules):
https://mbworld.org/forums/gls-class...ux-update.html

Those 3 appeared first based on a quick google search; Do your own research further and decide from there. Good luck. Their google review page for their physical shop (they have a physical real location) shows some good reviews too.

Last edited by S_W222; 09-25-2023 at 02:11 PM.
Old 09-25-2023, 02:38 PM

997.2TTS
Originally Posted by S_W222
Search the forum and u’ll find many positive data-points about Rj Automotive, specifically for MBUX cars too. One example I randomly found with multiple references:

Another post with multiple users who did ILS “MULTIBEAM INTELLIGENT HEADLIGHT PLUS ACTIVATION” coding. U can see multiple users confirming service there:

Last one is from the GLS forum, discussing/confirming a full remote service (no equipment purchasing, no equipment renting and wait for shipping coding modules):

Those 3 appeared first based on a quick google search; Do your own research further and decide from there. Good luck. Their google review page for their physical shop (they have a physical real location) shows some good reviews too.
cool...thanks.
but any owners who've done it on their US-model w223?
Old 09-25-2023, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,282 Likes on 2,040 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Originally Posted by S_W222

Nice for you to pitch RJ, someone you actually haven't used.

But since they are a sponsor here, it would serve them well to advertise their services specifically in the particular model forums. This way, any potential customer may gain the confidence that a UK vendor can help them with their US model and what timeframes/requirements/guarantees are involved and not have to worry what works on one model vs another.
That goes for all vendors that are sponsors here on MBWorld of course

Last edited by Wolfman; 09-27-2023 at 10:54 AM.
The following users liked this post:
S_W222 (09-25-2023)
Old 09-26-2023, 04:47 PM

997.2TTS
Originally Posted by Wolfman
Nice for you to pitch RJ, someone you actually haven't used.

But since they are a sponsor here, it would serve them well to advertise their services specifically in the particular model forums. This way, any potential customer may gain the confidence and a UK vendor can help them with their US model and what timeframes/requirements/guarantees are involved and not have to worry what works on one model vs another.
That goes for all vendors that are sponsors here on MBWorld of course
thanks for echoing my sentiments.
I'm just trying to verify what credible providers are available... whether on this forum or elsewhere.

particularly due to a less than satisfactory recent experience with a provider referenced in this specific model forum, I'm just being cautious by (hopefully) capturing absolute verification.

further muddying clarity (albeit cuz I'm certainly no technical expert) the varying opinions by self-proclaimed SMEs here are in opposing directions - license this, license that, US, UK, Asia blah blah bla, FFS i have no idea what's what.

soooo... aside from the aforementioned provider based on SNG, any providers here that have done remote coding (particularly for ILS+) successfully on a US-model w223? if so I'd love to learn more so that i could hopefully have mine done.
​​​

Last edited by tonupbklyn; 09-26-2023 at 04:49 PM.
Old 09-26-2023, 08:52 PM

Received 124 Likes on 84 Posts
S450 4Matic
Chinese here who better to comment on the subject of Chinese coding?...

I can confirm, for a fact, that coding for the W223 is alive and well. A technician from my retrofitting shop was performing a map upgrade and AR HUD tweaks on my car, just a little over a week ago, on 17th September. So that particular MB engineer account is definitely not the only access solution available to coders.

I have heard, however, that there indeed was a period last year, when my retrofitter's certificate got revoked, and he was consquently unable to code anything for a few weeks. But he soon found a workaround, and has been operating normally since.
crabman (09-26-2023)
Old 09-27-2023, 07:52 AM
SPONSOR

Received 89 Likes on 37 Posts
AMG C63 2019 AMG C43 2024 RS7 2016
Originally Posted by tonupbklyn
thanks for echoing my sentiments.
I'm just trying to verify what credible providers are available... whether on this forum or elsewhere.

particularly due to a less than satisfactory recent experience with a provider referenced in this specific model forum, I'm just being cautious by (hopefully) capturing absolute verification.

further muddying clarity (albeit cuz I'm certainly no technical expert) the varying opinions by self-proclaimed SMEs here are in opposing directions - license this, license that, US, UK, Asia blah blah bla, FFS i have no idea what's what.

soooo... aside from the aforementioned provider based on SNG, any providers here that have done remote coding (particularly for ILS+) successfully on a US-model w223? if so I'd love to learn more so that i could hopefully have mine done.
​​​
We have done it for many w223 customers in the US however they are not part of this forum. However there are many people in this forum who have different models who we have done it for, for example the new SL which also has digital lights like the 223
Old 09-27-2023, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3,282 Likes on 2,040 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Originally Posted by rjautomotive
We have done it for many w223 customers in the US however they are not part of this forum. However there are many people in this forum who have different models who we have done it for, for example the new SL which also has digital lights like the 223
That's great info!
Perhaps you can list the specific services you offer for US versions of the W223 in this forum without having to visit your website. This way there is confidence what exactly is guaranteed to work, in case of US vs Euro model variations.

Last edited by Wolfman; 09-27-2023 at 11:11 AM.
CaliBenzDriver (09-28-2023)
Old 09-27-2023, 11:47 PM

Received 124 Likes on 84 Posts
S450 4Matic
Originally Posted by Wolfman
That's great info!
Perhaps you can list the specific services you offer for US versions of the W223 in this forum without having to visit your website. This way there is confidence what exactly is guaranteed to work, in case of US vs Euro model variations.
Exactly! The benefits of ILS+ on W222 is pretty well-documented at this point, but as far as W223 is concerned, everyone here is still in the dark...

What does ILS+ coding on W223 actually achieve? What benefits can a US-based customer expect from this coding project?