S-Class (W223) 2021 to Present

Which SUV would you choose to replace the S580?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.

Old 04-27-2024, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,022 Likes on 644 Posts
23 S580 Executive
Originally Posted by chassis
The use case described above is well-executed by a Cayenne in S or higher trims.
True story, although I think he said he didn't like the seats in the Cayenne. But yeah, there are options for sure.

Originally Posted by Frenetic
The X5M is awesome and a hoot to drive. I would seriously consider getting it but the rear-seat legroom is too small for me. I’ve been eyeballing RS6 and RSQ8s. I’m still leaning for another S class next but there’s just something about fast station wagers.
I didn't drive the RS6, the RSQ8 was pretty good. Has more of an off mode which the X5M lacks. To me that's probably the standout difference, the ability to tone it down more.

I put the fronts exactly where I am comfortable driving and then get in the back behind the driver's seat. Gives me a repeatable comparison for judging back seat space. I think I would move up to an X7, or similar, if back seat space was important because neither one is what I would call roomy in back. I do recall the RSQ8 being better, but nothing huge; to be honest, it's already becoming a memory.
Old 04-27-2024, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,463 Likes on 1,972 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon, '24 BMW I7 on order...
I like nice things, especially vehicles, but I hate throwing money away. Living in Southern California, premium gas is right at $6 per gallon right now and I hate paying it. Couple that to my love of smoothness & quietness in a vehicle and electric propulsion looks like a home run. (I have a BMW EV on order.) With this in mind, the soon to be released Range River EV is something I would look very seriously at. I know that they are notorious for having issues, but with the number I see on the road, they must be getting better and with far fewer moving parts, perhaps the RR EV will really be a winner. The only downside is that I’m sure you’ll have to wait in long lines to get one.

Last edited by Streamliner; 04-27-2024 at 05:02 PM.
The following users liked this post:
chassis (04-27-2024)
Old 04-27-2024, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 653 Likes on 412 Posts
2023 S500
Yeah, that’s actually one reason I like Audi’s RS is that it can go stealth, cruise mode versus the M and AMG, which stay ultra stiff in all modes.

Originally Posted by crabman
True story, although I think he said he didn't like the seats in the Cayenne. But yeah, there are options for sure.

I didn't drive the RS6, the RSQ8 was pretty good. Has more of an off mode which the X5M lacks. To me that's probably the standout difference, the ability to tone it down more.

I put the fronts exactly where I am comfortable driving and then get in the back behind the driver's seat. Gives me a repeatable comparison for judging back seat space. I think I would move up to an X7, or similar, if back seat space was important because neither one is what I would call roomy in back. I do recall the RSQ8 being better, but nothing huge; to be honest, it's already becoming a memory.
The following users liked this post:
crabman (04-27-2024)