S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Pics of my New S65, LOOK!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 02:24 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C32/2007 S320/2007 P 911 TurboS/2006 Pagani Zonda C12F/2007 Ferrari F430/2007 Bentley Arnage T
Hey, I already said i am jealous and sorry ??

Hey,

Come on guys, i already said i am sick with jealousy and sorry, and i want to see more pics of his S65 and r/rover ??

Whats the problem ??

Please more pics ????
Old 07-27-2007, 08:05 AM

S55 AMG '06
Can someone explain to me exactly what the moderator's job on this board is? How is this guy still allowed to post on this forum? I was threatened by the moderators for posting about a cheap E63 at my local dealer. They thought I was trying to advertise without becoming a sponsor, yet this guy is allowed to continue on without impunity? Time to step up moderators/administrators...this is not the ACLU. Everyone does NOT have the right to personally attack others freely on this website.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:38 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by peebs1
Can someone explain to me exactly what the moderator's job on this board is? How is this guy still allowed to post on this forum? I was threatened by the moderators for posting about a cheap E63 at my local dealer. They thought I was trying to advertise without becoming a sponsor, yet this guy is allowed to continue on without impunity? Time to step up moderators/administrators...this is not the ACLU. Everyone does NOT have the right to personally attack others freely on this website.
Try reporting the posts...the mods can't possibly check every single thread in every forum religiously.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
Our job is to enforce the TOU. Posting stupid remarks is not a violation of the TOU. You are free to ignore posters that offend you.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:22 AM

S65 Renntech'd, GL450, Super Charged Range Rover
At least we can all agree on one thing.

This is cheap entertainment.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
It is not our job to censor free speech. While you find his posts annoying, that certainly does not rise to the level of abusive or harassing.

Originally Posted by RBrenton
Our job is to enforce the TOU. Posting stupid remarks is not a violation of the TOU. You are free to ignore posters that offend you.
Exactly right.

Originally Posted by love2skiutah
At least we can all agree on one thing.

This is cheap entertainment.
Even the OP is not annoyed or feeling harassed, I am not sure why others like "peeps1" are feeling that way.

Great attitude Love2skiutah - I wish more on this forum were as easy going!

Thanks
brad
Old 07-27-2007, 02:53 PM

S55 AMG '06
Asian, why would I report a post which the moderator has already chimed in on? The point is exactly that...that the moderator chimed in, but felt no need to act.

Otou, you absolutely positively censor free speech. That's not even a question. There are a variety of things I could write at this moment that you would censor. The question is not whether you censor, but at what point you feel it's necessary. I think it's difficult to argue that insulting people for posting pictures of their MBs on an MB forum and saying that we're wanna-be zillionaires is anything other than harrassing and adversarial. It's not exactly a good debate over which AMG car is best. I can find zero good that would come out of comments that this gent has posted. So, please spare us the pious "I don't censor free speech" monologue as I have PERSONALLY had postings deleted. Just say that you disagree that it's offensive enough to remove and leave it at that.

I would seriously doubt that Love2ski appreciates the comments, and posts like c32's sour his experience on your forum. Ski, feel free to disagree if I've inferred wrong.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts
2019 G550. 2018 AMG GT roadster
It's just a matter of preference.

LOL!! I know...

I've been looking for a house for the last year and a half...

I am planning on spending between 3 and 3.5 million.. that gets a lot of house in Salt Lake City.

I want my next move to be my LAST and FINAL move, so my thought was if I'm going to spend that kind of money on a home it has to be perfect in every aspect. So I wanted to take my time and look carefully...I've looked at a dozen homes in the last 12 months, but there is something always I don't like about them. Like I said, if I'm going to spend that kind of money on a home it has to be perfect.

Originally, when I bought the house I wanted to be the kid that had money, but was conservative and low key...That's why I bought the house in the first place. I didn't want people to know I had money, so I decided to buy a 600K house (Which is still a lot in Salt Lake), but my weakness is cars. I've bought and sold 12 luxury cars in the last 16 months. I've owned other Benz's, BMW's and Lexus's... I can't resist when it comes to cars...

My problem now is that I look like a dork with 400K worth of cars in the driveway and a 600K house, so that's when my wife and I decided to move..
Cars and most luxury homes are not working capital.

By the way... How does the G ride with the larger wheels. Are those 22's. I want to fit some larger wheels on my G but have heard that the ride quality is really poor.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hankook tires

Originally Posted by c32AMGUK
Hey, Another nice car, an wheels ok, but why budget HANKOOK tyres dude ??

You got the money ?? Tyres are the only thing between you and the road, buy the best you can !!
I had my range for 4 years. The ONLY tires that did not "cup" and make it sound like a 1978 Chevy 4x4 with Mudders were the Hankook tires.

Smoothe, Quiet and a great ride.

Just sold it.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:02 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Asian, why would I report a post which the moderator has already chimed in on? The point is exactly that...that the moderator chimed in, but felt no need to act.
If you had noticed, the two posts were nearly an hour apart.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:09 PM

S65 Renntech'd, GL450, Super Charged Range Rover
Originally Posted by traumadoc
Cars and most luxury homes are not working capital.

By the way... How does the G ride with the larger wheels. Are those 22's. I want to fit some larger wheels on my G but have heard that the ride quality is really poor.
I had 24's on my G55. It rode like HELL.. It looked hot, but it was not easy constantly dodging pot holes, dips, objects in the road... I bent the rims on my 24's many many times and had to have them fixed multiple times... I ended up selling my G and buying this Super Charged Range Rover. The Range is really nice to drive and it's quiet, but every time I try to use the navigation I want to shoot myself in the head. It's not user friendly at all.. To me the Range Rover is VERY VERY BORING to drive. That's why I'm going back to the G next spring. Electronically, I have had many problems the Range and it's almost brand new...
Old 07-27-2007, 11:05 PM

S55 AMG '06
Actually AsianML, if you had noticed, the moderator chimed in a full day before you even wrote your posting. That is the time I reference that the moderator, in my opinion, should have taken more corrective action.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Actually AsianML, if you had noticed, the moderator chimed in a full day before you even wrote your posting. That is the time I reference that the moderator, in my opinion, should have taken more corrective action.
Oh, you mean otoupalik, the administrator. IMHO, I didn't see anything that needed a mod's intervention.
Old 07-28-2007, 05:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I had 24's on my G55. It rode like HELL.. It looked hot, but it was not easy constantly dodging pot holes, dips, objects in the road... I bent the rims on my 24's many many times and had to have them fixed multiple times... I ended up selling my G and buying this Super Charged Range Rover. The Range is really nice to drive and it's quiet, but every time I try to use the navigation I want to shoot myself in the head. It's not user friendly at all.. To me the Range Rover is VERY VERY BORING to drive. That's why I'm going back to the G next spring. Electronically, I have had many problems the Range and it's almost brand new...
I am 100% with you. Our Range was our daily driver and now the G is.
We were lucky and had very few poblems with it. Tire cupping issue and air suspension. 1 nav issue. I like the relative exclusivity of the G.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:03 AM
Almost a Member!

2002 C32/2007 S320/2007 P 911 TurboS/2006 Pagani Zonda C12F/2007 Ferrari F430/2007 Bentley Arnage T
Kinda agreeing with me??

*** You are all attacking me for being negative on this forum, but love2skiutah kinda agree's with me on the range rover, they are unreliable (even new) and very boring to drive, even the supercharger version.

I have had both a new range rover supercharger, and the range rover sport supercharger, the normal RR handled like a whale, and the sport, was simply too slow, 0-60 is only 6.8 secs or so.

They also had really boring dashboard design. Nothing like the new BMW's for example.

So i know i may come accross a little silly, but i am talking sense on these car's, having either owned many vehicles in this sector myself***
Old 07-28-2007, 09:21 AM

Cayenne Turbo
Originally Posted by c32AMGUK
*** You are all attacking me for being negative on this forum, but love2skiutah kinda agree's with me on the range rover, they are unreliable (even new) and very boring to drive, even the supercharger version.

You still don't understand:

It's not a problem, that you don't like Range Rover...
The problem was that you've attacked Love2skiutah for showing what he owns!!!
Old 07-31-2007, 02:51 PM
Almost a Member!

64' Caddy, LX470, S65..GL..
Luv2SkiUtah

Where is your SLR. 722. I agree that the Range is boring and I personally don't think it's worth half of the price tag but it's a status icon and styling is amazing on the exterior. I say that we mod your G63 like crazy when you receive it and blast the hell out of anything in this planet.

A
Old 02-10-2008, 11:52 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5SL 2006 Audi A6 2008 BMW 535xi
I hate to bump such an old thread, but I had to--the thread is that amazing. I'm in awe.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lotus Elise SLK55
IMO c32AMGUK did have a point. There is a fine line between sharing photos of your car with other Mercedes enthusiasts and showing off how rich you are. That line is definitely crossed when you start putting pictures of you friend's airplanes and your house along with the cars.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Addicted2Speed
IMO c32AMGUK did have a point. There is a fine line between sharing photos of your car with other Mercedes enthusiasts and showing off how rich you are. That line is definitely crossed when you start putting pictures of you friend's airplanes and your house along with the cars.
I didnt think it was a big deal. You always have the option of ignoring him, or clicking the little red X in the corner. I actually enjoyed seeing it. Too many people hold back. One shouldn't be ashamed of their wealth.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:24 PM

2012 Diavel
Those Hancooks scare me. I got them as original equipment on some 2007 Internationals (25,900 gvw) and they got sidewall failures that caused the tires to go flat. Manufacturing rep would not replace them or even do any to research what happened. The dealer covered the ones that failed but I got hit with some towing bills. Hancook is a Chinese manufacturer that I can only imagine does not go through the same level of testing as the more traditional manufacturers. Lead paint and drugs on kids toys isn't the only problem.

I love those wheels! I've got 22" Overfinches on my Rover but I'm running P-zeros which I swear by.

Just thought I'd share some pics of my 22's on my Supercharged Range Rover

Old 02-11-2008, 06:04 PM

07 S550, 06 F430, 07 CGT, 08 Escalade
Originally Posted by jPoD
I didnt think it was a big deal. You always have the option of ignoring him, or clicking the little red X in the corner. I actually enjoyed seeing it. Too many people hold back. One shouldn't be ashamed of their wealth.
One shouldn't be ashamed to show off. Thats one reason you put wheels on your car, to gain attention or show off, right? I also don't think its a big deal. Like others said, I enjoy seeing photos of other members stables, whether its a Mercedes, Range Rover, or a personal jet for that matter. Lets see more....
Old 02-11-2008, 06:46 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by KINGofRIDES
One shouldn't be ashamed to show off. Thats one reason you put wheels on your car, to gain attention or show off, right? I also don't think its a big deal. Like others said, I enjoy seeing photos of other members stables, whether its a Mercedes, Range Rover, or a personal jet for that matter. Lets see more....
Speak for yourself You have some damn nice rides too
Old 02-11-2008, 07:46 PM

Something on 4 wheels..
Originally Posted by stefi
Could you please describe me what should everyone post on a Mercedes forum, if not his new S65 AMG or his new rims on the car???

You only seem to be envy on him for owning what he owns at this age... If all this disturbs you, go out crusing in your 320CDI, rather than reading browsing these forums!! We'll not miss U!!
You took the words right out of my mouth...
Old 02-11-2008, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 BEAST
Adopt me?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pics of my New S65, LOOK!!