S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Pics of my New S65, LOOK!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by sdsilverm3
John, I totally agree. Touch a nerve and it seems like he shows his true colors. Just because someone is "knocking" you doesn't mean it gives you a free pass to be a total snob and talk down to others. Seems like a classic example of "Don't you know who I am?" syndrome.

Anyway, how did this thread about love2skiutah's new S65 turn into BUTCHEN's personal poop on others thread?
Who knows....still a great thread concerning the S65 though.

As soon as the E63's get TT,Im all over it!
Old 12-31-2006, 04:50 PM

E550 Sport Black/Black
Forced Air

I agree, I was somewhat surprised that MB is moving away from it and back to normally aspirated engines with the 63 line up. Especially now that BMW is starting to adopt forced air with the TT 6 cylinder in the 335 and rumors of a TT V8 and TT V10 in the 09 seven series to be released in 08. It is going to be interesting to see what they (factories) innovate to increase the traction capabilities to be able to capitalize on the ever increasing HP.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:08 PM
Almost a Member!

bentley flying spur
ride quality

Originally Posted by love2skiutah
I ordered this beast in August and just got it last week....

I also wanted to post pics of my E55, GL450 and my G55.

The picture of the SLR is my partners at my company and I took a picture of it in front of our Gulfstream.

The Last picture is the benz for my 3 year old daughter... Too bad it doesn't come in black.

It's funny, cause my wife and I are are the youngest couple in my neighborhood and I have 4 Black Mercedes, so they all think I'm in the Mafia.

It's been about a week now and I absolutely love the car. There are quite a few things I like and dislike about the car.

Pros:
1. Dynamic Seating has improved from the last generation Mercedes.
2. Massagers in chairs and ten times better than the old ones.
3. Panaramic Roof
4. Lot's of torque
5. Lot's of room
6. Lot's of Horse Power
7. Command System is very easy to get used to
8. "V12-BiTurbo" badging... I get a lot of attention at stoplights from other guys.
9. Voice Control is fabulous
10. Blue Tooth works awesome with my Blackberry
11. The HUGE front brake Callipers...
12. I love how quickly the car stops
13. Handling of the car is absolutely amazing. The car doesn't drive big at all. It's easy to manuver and dart in and out of lanes.
14. I love the automatic sunshades in the rear side windows
15. VERY VERY quiet
16. Very classy and clean on the interior. No confusion on which button does what.
17. Reclining Seats
18. I love that my brakes don't squeak, like on my friends SLR or my E55.
19. Keyless Go is improved. I love how you just touch the handle to lock and unlock the car. On my E55 I have to push a button or pull gently on the handle.
20. Parktronic

Cons:
1. There are not 2 sun visors (Like on my E55). On the E55 I like how I can put my sun visor down, swing it to the side and still have another small one, so I don't have to flip back and forth.
2. No illuminated door sills. It's retarded it didn't come stock. It adds so much class to the car.
3. There needs to be more short cut buttons for the Command System.
4. When I open the sun roof visor, it opens automatically. It doesn't close automatically... I hate that. I also don't like how the back sun roof for the pano-rama is not automatic either. The back sunroof doesn't open or close automatically, so I'm left holding the button down while I'm driving. It's weird to me that all the windows and sunshades in the back and rear go up and down with the push of the button, but the sunroof visor does not close automatically.
5. There is not enough storage compartments. When I drive, I like to have my cell phone, wallet and other small things up front where I can get to them. After I put all my stuff in the cupholders, there is no place to put other things or drinks.
6. The cup holders suck.
7. I wish the engine sounded like a V12, not a V8. To me it doesn't sound amazing.
8. The nightvision is to hard to use. No one in there right mind could possibly drive and look at that thing at the same time. To me it's completely worthless. The only cool thing about it is showing it off to friends and family.
9. On the Multi-button steering wheel, I like to leave the menu on the "Audio" section so that I can browse through my ipod or radio stations. Every time I re-start the car, it's back on the first menu. If you turn the car off and get in it later, it should stay at the menu you left it at.
10. There needs to be a shortcut for radio pre-sets on the dash, not in the computer menus. It's a pain to use the control knob to browse through pre-sets. What's the point of a pre-set radio station if you have to go through a bunch of menus just to get to them?
11. I'm not a big fan of the rear-back up camera... To me, the camera seems like it's pointing down to low. I know it's a good to have it like that to see if there is anything on the ground, but I still wish it was pointing a tiny bit higher.
12. Mercedes famous brake dust.

how is the ride quality on and over rought roads compared to that of the regular s550 without the amg sport suspension????
Old 12-31-2006, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by VegasAutoPhile
I agree, I was somewhat surprised that MB is moving away from it and back to normally aspirated engines with the 63 line up. Especially now that BMW is starting to adopt forced air with the TT 6 cylinder in the 335 and rumors of a TT V8 and TT V10 in the 09 seven series to be released in 08. It is going to be interesting to see what they (factories) innovate to increase the traction capabilities to be able to capitalize on the ever increasing HP.
The S65 as well as BMW's move to bring out TT motors is what the future should be.The S65 motor has proven the hp,its only a matter of time before TT wil go into the E class models.Atlest Im crossing my fingers for that! Im ordering the 335i with in the next few weeks.Just deciding on the color and options right now.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:33 PM

E550 Sport Black/Black
Bmw Tt

I really like the 335, we are considering moving back to Colorado. If so, I want to get the awd version of the 535 for my wife when it comes out next year after the re-fresh. That is a great engine and is under rated by the factory. Congrats on the new 335. If we do go back to Colorado, maybe a 550 4-matic with the AMG pack. for me or I have been reading some impressive things about the new S8.

I would love to see them TT the 63's, I keep hearing they are going in the other direction though, with the exception of the V12's. I'll keep my fingers crossed as well though.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:32 PM

S65 Renntech'd, GL450, Super Charged Range Rover
Originally Posted by flyguy1646
how is the ride quality on and over rought roads compared to that of the regular s550 without the amg sport suspension????

I drove an S550 for a month and I can't tell ANY differance in ride quality. It's just as quiet and the bigger rims don't make any differance at all. As for the suspension it's fine, even over rough roads.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2001 S500 Sport "Klaus"
That was a pic I took right when it came off the truck.

And Yes, I drive with the plastic on the seat all the time. Who doesn't do that? Duh!
nothing like the gloss on the paint at time of delivery, eh? especially in black.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:21 PM

2007 SL550, 2008 S65, Golf cart and a few non-MB vehicles
Originally Posted by Jrocket
The S65 as well as BMW's move to bring out TT motors is what the future should be.The S65 motor has proven the hp,its only a matter of time before TT wil go into the E class models.Atlest Im crossing my fingers for that! Im ordering the 335i with in the next few weeks.Just deciding on the color and options right now.
I agree about the TT as well. More cars these days are coming out with turbos instead of forced induction.
It's funny you mentioned the 335i as my wife and I were down at the dealer looking at them yesterday (incredible car I must say!)
Old 12-31-2006, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by meegle
I agree about the TT as well. More cars these days are coming out with turbos instead of forced induction.
It's funny you mentioned the 335i as my wife and I were down at the dealer looking at them yesterday (incredible car I must say!)
I havent driven one yet,but I dont think I'll be dissapointed when I do.

BTW,thats a gorgeous house and car you have there.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2001 S500 Sport "Klaus"
I wonder if the trend away from supercharging towards turbo is partially due to the ability to put the turbos beside/under the engine, whereas superchargers sit on the top of the engine, and all the euro mfr's (that's "manufacturers", incidentally) are constrained by new frontal-pedestrian-collision standards?
Old 01-01-2007, 12:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by vixapphire
I wonder if the trend away from supercharging towards turbo is partially due to the ability to put the turbos beside/under the engine, whereas superchargers sit on the top of the engine, and all the euro mfr's (that's "manufacturers", incidentally) are constrained by new frontal-pedestrian-collision standards?
I think you are right on there, I had read something in passing about new EU regs requiring the move away from TT and supercharged engines. I don't really know too much more about it though. I also know the larger mirrors we're seeing on the facelifted E-Class and probably the W204 C-Class next year also are because of new EU regs.

Oh, and Happy New Year everyone!
Old 01-01-2007, 02:28 PM
Almost a Member!

bentley flying spur
I drove an S550 for a month and I can't tell ANY differance in ride quality. It's just as quiet and the bigger rims don't make any differance at all. As for the suspension it's fine, even over rough roads.

how would you compare this car to that of the prestige Bentley flying spur. now it is a fact that there will be many s550 on the road in the years soon to come. how did you justify spending 180k on the s65 when you could have bought a presitge bentley. Just was wondering. i am a huge fan of the s65 but this is a question lingering in my mind too.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

If you ask me, that Bentley is a turd compared to the S65. Merc has stepped it up in luxury so much that the two are basically identical. Plus, with the power of the S65, there's no question. Also, around here, Bentley flying spurs and Conti GT's are a dime a dosen. Spotting an S65 is truly a rare occasion.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:00 PM

W209 CLK63 AMG Vert
Originally Posted by 55User
love2skiutah, sorry this thread turned into what it has, some people always have to say what they shouldn't, overall MBWorld is a great forum, welcome.

Agreed...it was an awesome thread until others destroyed it.

Great cars!! I love the G55!!
Old 01-02-2007, 12:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Last request friends, please relax. This is a place for knowledge, laughs and overall a good experience, lets not have this ruined.

Any more insults from this post on will result in an immediate 14 day banning.
Edit - Feel free to use the report post function. You can find it on the left hand side of ever post. Use it often! It's one of the quickest ways for a moderator to find out about threads that spiral out of control.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Founder

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 GT R Pro, 2019 GT3 RS, 2018 GT3 Touring
Originally Posted by eLTURCOamg
lol butchen makes me laugh
Now why doesn't that surprise me?

Originally Posted by BUTCHEN
HEY IDIOT,
ISN'T THERE A FORUM FOR E CLASS? OR DID THEY EJECT YOU ALREADY FROM THERE? WE DONT WANT YOU EITHER.."******"
DONT YOU HAVE TO GO PIN THE TAIL ON THE DONKEY NOW?
Consider this a WARNING. Tone it down and watch your language. Do not post unless you have something positive to contribute to this discussion.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:10 PM
Almost a Member!

2000 S500
Love2, may I ask one more time if you guys are taking on any new apprentices up there Your car gallery is certainly more impressive than mine (Which means I'm in the wrong business)
Old 01-02-2007, 06:17 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
19 Ferrari 488 Spyder, 19 911 Speedster, 19 Merc s63cab, 17 P Cayenne turbo, 16 Boxster Spyder,
Dude, I was at one of the seemingly thousands of MB stores in Toronto today and saw a car identical in colors to yours (a 'lowly' 550, however ).

Absolutely heart-stoppingly beautiful!
Old 01-02-2007, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Aleksandar
Love2, may I ask one more time if you guys are taking on any new apprentices up there Your car gallery is certainly more impressive than mine (Which means I'm in the wrong business)
At the moment we are not. I have quite a few people on the waiting list wanting to work for us. My employees make a god awful amount of money.

It keeps them happy, it keeps them motivated and keeps them loyal!

I personally would rather keep my company smaller and pay everyone more money, rather than be too big, have a high turnover ratio in employees and no one makes money. I have about 30 employees who work very very hard for me... And trust me, no one wants to leave, but I would love to take your resume cause you never know. Email it to me and I will look it over.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:13 AM
ON PROBATION

Lets talk about the S65....
What do you think about the 2006 S65, will it be a collectable?
Old 01-08-2007, 02:59 AM
Out Of Control!!

monowiper
this thread turned from awesome to hilarious to retarded to hilarious in no time

btw nice s65 and congrats, i don't need to mention the others as this thread should be about the s65 not turning it into craigslist house listing.

as far as age goes, there'll always be someone who envys because of age alone. age is nothing but a number afterall, as many of posts here prove that *cough*

one last thing for s65 owner, how do you like the column shifter, i haven't seen much info on it, does it feel weird in an MB, going from floor shifter etc., or is it something one would get used to right away?
Old 01-08-2007, 04:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Theres a column shifter on the new S65??
Old 01-08-2007, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Eurosport
this thread turned from awesome to hilarious to retarded to hilarious in no time

btw nice s65 and congrats, i don't need to mention the others as this thread should be about the s65 not turning it into craigslist house listing.

as far as age goes, there'll always be someone who envys because of age alone. age is nothing but a number afterall, as many of posts here prove that *cough*

one last thing for s65 owner, how do you like the column shifter, i haven't seen much info on it, does it feel weird in an MB, going from floor shifter etc., or is it something one would get used to right away?
It's ok... I would prefer floor shifter. To me, it's kind of weird to do it on the side of the steering wheel.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Why on earth would such a high performance car have a column shifter?
Old 01-08-2007, 08:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cee Fiddy Five
Because the Bimmer 7 had moved it up there, so the new S had moved it up there also.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pics of my New S65, LOOK!!