S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Pics of my New S65, LOOK!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If your house and car collection need to be on the same level, I'm screwed. I live in a 1400 sq/ft house that I bought for 110k 3 years ago. I live in the middle of NC. I'm 27 as well, but single . No need to have a big house. My cars are worth way more than my house is, but cars are my only vice. All that matters is that you are happy with your situation, screw everybody else.

BTW, nice S65. I was at Beck Imports trying to decide between and SL65 or S65. I'm waiting till may to get mine.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:57 PM
Nas

ML320
Congrats on your beautiful home and cars.

Do what brings you happiness

Great pics, thanks for sharing!
Old 02-26-2007, 12:20 AM

Prius
Originally Posted by love2skiutah
One of my partners took an SLR instead of the S65, my other partners silver S65 is still on order and I am still deciding what I want to do with mine... I've been thinking about Renntech or Kleeman upgrades instead of Brabus..
If I were you, I would go RENNTECH. I know of many cars that have been upgraded by them and none of them had any problems of any sort. The other brands make nice stuff, but they don't have nearly as strong of a presence here in the states as they do in Europe. You can do a simple ECU upgrade through RENN and you will get nearly 1000 lb's of TQ and couple hundred HP more reliably! Many S65's running their ECU upgrades have been going for several years strong

What do you plan on doing other then an ECU upgrade, if anything? If I were you I wouldn't do anything else other then exhaust, as the car is beautiful as it is!

Well maybe wheels as well

-Ryan
Old 03-04-2007, 09:02 PM

S65 Renntech'd, GL450, Super Charged Range Rover
Originally Posted by Duffy
If I were you, I would go RENNTECH. I know of many cars that have been upgraded by them and none of them had any problems of any sort. The other brands make nice stuff, but they don't have nearly as strong of a presence here in the states as they do in Europe. You can do a simple ECU upgrade through RENN and you will get nearly 1000 lb's of TQ and couple hundred HP more reliably! Many S65's running their ECU upgrades have been going for several years strong

What do you plan on doing other then an ECU upgrade, if anything? If I were you I wouldn't do anything else other then exhaust, as the car is beautiful as it is!

Well maybe wheels as well

-Ryan

I don't think the ECU upgrade will get me that much torque/hp... I've been told be a handful of companies that it's around 80HP... Where did you hear this?
Old 03-04-2007, 09:11 PM

SL65 AMG
I don't think the ECU upgrade will get me that much torque/hp... I've been told be a handful of companies that it's around 80HP... Where did you hear this?
I agree I have been told about 60-80hp and 100lbft seems to be the norm and on the hp it seems to be that 80-90% of that power is in the mid rpm range.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:53 PM
Almost a Member!

87 560SEL, 95 600SL, 95/98 CL600
congrats on the V12 Biturbo car

I had just about given up on the newest S and CLS design.
The black body hides some of the worst sheet metal work from MB I have seen in recent times.
Your photos make it look great. I have to like the lines of something before I appreciate the engineering.
I also have two 635csi autos which I think still are outstanding body designs. The engineering is dated and power low of course.
I have come to the conclusion that there are basically three things that must impress the car buyer/owner: handling, performance, and body design. I mean by that: cornering, 0-60 time, and sheet metal work. I can live with one of three very briefly. Two of three is very good. Who can recommend a case when all three are perfect? Interior comfort has to be a close fourth, but we have couches for that.

Interesting parallel: Vitruvius was the first architect who wrote a treatise on the subject of building. Architecture, he said, is supported by three precepts: Commodity, firmness and delight. Or: form, function, and aesthetics.

As for cars, real estate, etc. .....

As an architect, I am often tired of 'houses' and have more cars -- as a hobby -- than I really need.
If you are overly familiar with something then that thing, person/business/love -- can become mundane at times.

As for the perfect house for car aficionados, I have thought about this and designed several schematics for houses of various sizes based on Medieval principals which carried over into Renaissance times.
Ground floor utlilitarian, second and third floors for the Owner.
You can find this idea in Provence and Tuscany -- in their farmhouse design. Animals and farm implements, stores on ground floor, living above.

Venetian palaces are built on this concept and many European royal manors.
This is a house just finishing construction in Austin Texas designed for 4 cars downstairs, two bedrooms and den, and formal living/dining/kitchen/master suite upstairs. Outside and inside stairs plus elevator in 4200 SF. Can be expanded to much larger sizes.
In Austin: http://www.dreamhomedesignusa.com/french_provincial.htm
Something larger at 9,000 SF based on the Venetian idea with a 10 car garage is nearing completion in Clearwater area on the Gulf. See attachment.(Meegle: I have designed several homes in your area over the last 20 years)
Attached Thumbnails Pics of my New S65, LOOK!!-chaerial12.jpg  

Last edited by JCHENRYARCH; 03-06-2007 at 03:33 PM.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:25 PM

2004 E320 4matic, 2007 530xiT
Originally Posted by JCHENRYARCH
This is a house just finishing construction in Austin Texas designed for 4 cars downstairs, two bedrooms and den, and formal living/dining/kitchen/master suite upstairs. Outside and inside stairs plus elevator in 4200 SF. Can be expanded to much larger sizes.
Something larger at 9,000 SF based on the Venetian idea with a 10 car garage is nearing completion in Clearwater area on the Gulf. See attachment.(Meegle: I have designed several homes in your area over the last 20 years)

Sorry man but I am not a fan of that look. Too gaudy for me....
Old 04-22-2007, 02:53 PM

'16 528i MSport
I love the staircase and the entire house actually. How are property rates in Austin these days?
Old 04-22-2007, 03:14 PM
Almost a Member!

87 560SEL, 95 600SL, 95/98 CL600
Texas Real Estate

Austin is on a relative tear right now. Time to buy is now. There will be two more years of appreciation, maybe three.
Orlando is saturated and a buyer's market on the other hand.

(for more contemporary home samples, see here:http://www.dreamhomedesignusa.com/Co...rn%20Plans.htm)
Old 04-22-2007, 03:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by JCHENRYARCH
I had just about given up on the newest S and CLS design.
The black body hides some of the worst sheet metal work from MB I have seen in recent times.
Your photos make it look great. I have to like the lines of something before I appreciate the engineering.
I also have two 635csi autos which I think still are outstanding body designs. The engineering is dated and power low of course.
I have come to the conclusion that there are basically three things that must impress the car buyer/owner: handling, performance, and body design. I mean by that: cornering, 0-60 time, and sheet metal work. I can live with one of three very briefly. Two of three is very good. Who can recommend a case when all three are perfect? Interior comfort has to be a close fourth, but we have couches for that.

Interesting parallel: Vitruvius was the first architect who wrote a treatise on the subject of building. Architecture, he said, is supported by three precepts: Commodity, firmness and delight. Or: form, function, and aesthetics.

As for cars, real estate, etc. .....

As an architect, I am often tired of 'houses' and have more cars -- as a hobby -- than I really need.
If you are overly familiar with something then that thing, person/business/love -- can become mundane at times.

As for the perfect house for car aficionados, I have thought about this and designed several schematics for houses of various sizes based on Medieval principals which carried over into Renaissance times.
Ground floor utlilitarian, second and third floors for the Owner.
You can find this idea in Provence and Tuscany -- in their farmhouse design. Animals and farm implements, stores on ground floor, living above.

Venetian palaces are built on this concept and many European royal manors.
Now that's my kind of house!!

I love the staircase. Too bad it has to be uglified with rails...or does it?
Old 05-03-2007, 09:31 PM

wow,whats funny is ive seen your videos on youtube,you should post more,i had no clue u had more,they all look gud,even though im not hot on the box with wheels look,hope u enjoy
Old 05-05-2007, 08:33 PM

wife's car2014 ml350
just sat in one yesterday here in santa barbara, black and beautiful and then sat in the e63 next to it and i have to say the S was heads above in roomyness and comfort, can't belive they had one of each, tell me guys, how is the air conditioning in the seats, i have always wanted that
Old 05-08-2007, 01:30 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2001 S500 Sport "Klaus"
Originally Posted by Eleanor Owner
Why on earth would such a high performance car have a column shifter?
it's a strange feature, but it beats the "***** shifter" bmw's now offering in their new x5's.

btw, i have a column shifter (the old-school, non-solenoid, move it up/down/forward/backward kind) on my daily driver '72 280 SE 4.5 and it kicks a load of ***. and yet it reminds me that i'm basically driving a descendent of the common farm tractor!!! maybe MB's trying to make us nostalgic for some fabled past or something...

v
Old 05-08-2007, 01:37 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2001 S500 Sport "Klaus"
Originally Posted by 1fast400
If your house and car collection need to be on the same level, I'm screwed. I live in a 1400 sq/ft house that I bought for 110k 3 years ago. I live in the middle of NC. I'm 27 as well, but single . No need to have a big house. My cars are worth way more than my house is, but cars are my only vice. All that matters is that you are happy with your situation, screw everybody else.

BTW, nice S65. I was at Beck Imports trying to decide between and SL65 or S65. I'm waiting till may to get mine.
never mind the bollocks, let's talk about your old mopars! when i was in my early 20's, had long hair, wore flared jeans and played in rock bands at all the hip hollywood clubs (this was the early/mid-1990's - the height of the party), i had a midnight green metallic 1968 charger. a truly evil machine with the hottest looks of anything ever streeted. what's in your stable?
Old 05-08-2007, 02:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
Originally Posted by Pacific NW Guy
NiCE stuff but 400k worth of cars and a xx million dollar plane and you leave in a very basic neighborhod? That type of cash warrants a house in the 3-4 million range, NO? anyhow nice cars though.
ditto, not hate'n bro just your starting to look like W/T who just started making some money. time to re evaluate the home situation.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by BMWEATR
ditto, not hate'n bro just your starting to look like W/T who just started making some money. time to re evaluate the home situation.
Let's not look at the value of the home, but how nice it is on the inside.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
here we go again...
Old 05-08-2007, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63S coupe, X5M
Wow, just let the guy live his life. I'm sure he is looking into getting a really nice home built, that stuff takes time and doesn't happen overnight; especially since he probably works full time and maybe even some crazy hours. He has a wife and a kid, he's not exactly dying for more space
Old 05-08-2007, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Murtaza
Wow, just let the guy live his life. I'm sure he is looking into getting a really nice home built, that stuff takes time and doesn't happen overnight; especially since he probably works full time and maybe even some crazy hours. He has a wife and a kid, he's not exactly dying for more space
Thanks...

I'm still looking for a home... Just taking my time to find the right one.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:50 PM

BTW you guys, I know I've posted different upgrades and what I'm going to be doing to the car....

I went with chrome 20's.. Simple 5 star and deep dish on the back. I am doing stage 2 Renntech which is ECU upgrade and airbox. Boost will be to about 700HP and 890lbs of torque. I am putting in Laser jammers in the front and rear and radar/laser detectors around the car as well. Police scanner for the fun of it and they are painting the brake calipers red. It's high temp paint and they WILL NOT be taking apart the brakes. I am dropping it off @ 702 motoring not this Friday, but next. They will have it for 1 week. I will post pics as soon as I get it back. Cost is round 26K for the whole thing.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63S coupe, X5M
BTW you guys, I know I've posted different upgrades and what I'm going to be doing to the car....

I went with chrome 20's.. Simple 5 star and deep dish on the back. I am doing stage 2 Renntech which is ECU upgrade and airbox. Boost will be to about 700HP and 890lbs of torque. I am putting in Laser jammers in the front and rear and radar/laser detectors around the car as well. Police scanner for the fun of it and they are painting the brake calipers red. It's high temp paint and they WILL NOT be taking apart the brakes. I am dropping it off @ 702 motoring not this Friday, but next. They will have it for 1 week. I will post pics as soon as I get it back. Cost is round 26K for the whole thing.
860 torque

Isn't the limit on the 5-speed 800lb-ft? Are they reinforcing the tranny, and if so; how?
Old 05-09-2007, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Murtaza
860 torque

Isn't the limit on the 5-speed 800lb-ft? Are they reinforcing the tranny, and if so; how?

It is 870 torque..

http://www.renntechmercedes.com/W221_S.html
Old 05-10-2007, 08:31 AM

2006 cls55 amg 2008 GL550 2011 audi R8 V10
Originally Posted by vixapphire
never mind the bollocks, let's talk about your old mopars! when i was in my early 20's, had long hair, wore flared jeans and played in rock bands at all the hip hollywood clubs (this was the early/mid-1990's - the height of the party)
post a picture of you circa this era, gotta be good for a few laughs right?
Old 05-10-2007, 04:36 PM

wife's car2014 ml350
please tell me your going to make us a video with sound so we can see the mods in action
Old 05-13-2007, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by SEXYBEEST
please tell me your going to make us a video with sound so we can see the mods in action
I will post on Youtube.com the day I get it back and leave the link here.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pics of my New S65, LOOK!!