S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Saw This Poser In Toronto Yesterday

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mbenzman
Good thread, I was real surprized to see my pic from last week reposted over there.
Here's another one thatI ran into while driving my black ML55. He wouldn't even look at me.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1999 C280 Previous / 2008 E350
Originally Posted by wolverine0723
I saw someone with an E320 in a parking lot last night...and apparently The new E320's are Biturbo now. hahhaha
E320 Biturbo... LOL
Old 07-18-2007, 07:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1999 C280 Previous / 2008 E350
That ML is funny too..
Old 07-18-2007, 08:17 PM

2001 VW Jetta GLX VR6
I don't understand why people decide to put the badging of another car on their car. I do not mind if they change the rims to look like the upgraded car, or change the grille, but the badge is a whole different story. I see a myriad of Range Rovers with Superchanged badges on the back under the HSE badge (on a s/c there is no HSE badge). I do not understand why they do it. Even worse, on a non s/c range the badges are all green oval, when they change the grille to look s/c it has a black oval. This means that all the ovals are different colors, really ugly IMO. If you have to be a poser and change your badges, you only concern/god is money.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
M6 Gran Coupe
Coming from another guy who doesn't have a clue about AMG. Why aren't you following your own advice by driving a vette, saving your big bucks whilst doing so? Did you read this thread before commenting? Again have you heard any AMG owners say they wished they had bought a non AMG instead? If so please post the link so I can be taught something here. As far as what you say people buy AMG's for, I haven't been hearing that. A vette wouldn't suit my needs and I would rather drive a SL500 than it anyway-no offense.
Uh OK.....where did I ever say that AMG owners wish they had bought a non-AMG? You are a typical examnple....I said that I don't understand people with 25k-35k 7-year old AMG cars who think they are better than people with 100k non-AMG new Benzes....because you aren't. I can see why you think so lowly of a person with a 85k S550 who is infringing on your 3 AMG's that combined barely cost 85k, if that.

Last edited by mjr24; 07-18-2007 at 09:29 PM.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:11 AM

All of them!
Originally Posted by mjr24
Uh OK.....where did I ever say that AMG owners wish they had bought a non-AMG? You are a typical examnple....I said that I don't understand people with 25k-35k 7-year old AMG cars who think they are better than people with 100k non-AMG new Benzes....because you aren't. I can see why you think so lowly of a person with a 85k S550 who is infringing on your 3 AMG's that combined barely cost 85k, if that.
Boy, you really put me in my place Mr. HIGH&MIGHTY. I'm not typical, but your ignorance preceeds you. I'll keep that in mind as I try to care about your insults of my vehicles or how much they're unworthy of your praise. YOU DON"T OWN MY CARS, SO DON'T WORRY YOURSELF ABOUT THEM!

Let's get this straight. THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT POSERS. No one cares but you how much was spent on any particular posers car Speaking for myself, I don't care what a car I'm not interested in buying costs. Mislabeling any car makes me laugh though.
Let's go over your comments again to see what I got wrong. I won't walk you through them again, so this time pay attention.

Uh OK.....where did I ever say that AMG owners wish they had bought a non-AMG?
I said this, not you! Your comprehension leaves something to be desired.
Here is where I wrote it.
Again have you heard any AMG owners say they wished they had bought a non AMG instead?
You are a typical examnple....I said that I don't understand people with 25k-35k 7-year old AMG cars who think they are better than people with 100k non-AMG new Benzes....because you aren't. I can see why
You're ignorant of AMG products and that obviously still is true. Where did I state that I'm better than anyone? What a intelligent statement.

I also think people make a big deal out of nothing with this. .
Do you have a AMG emblem on the rear of your SL? Is that why YOU'RE making a big deal of this? Fess up now
I already stated that I find it humourous and get a laugh out of it. I really could care less except for the laugh I get from it.

I.....yet, what would you rather have.....a new S550 or a 6 year old CLK AMG, E55, etc. .
My cars obviously. You're comparing oranges and apples. If you wish for something other than you have? That would be your problem, not mine

The guy may be a poser for trying to pose as an S63-especially if I owned a S63....but I am not sure how other AMG owners whose cars (even if new) are 25k-30k less than a normal 550 are all offended.
A poser is someone who mislabels their car. I explained this earlier in this thread. It doesn't matter if you own the model they're posing as.
I laugh at all posers, not just ones imitating a car I own. You seem to be offended about us making fun of posers. I laugh at a V6 mustang with hubcaps and cobra emblems. But the $$$ are brought up by you alone.

Some people say they get AMG's for the performance when they could get another car with the same or better performance for alot less money (like a new Vette, etc)..
Others say they get them because they are exclusive and cost more
Some people are who? You? Other people are who? I asked you to state who or where you get this info, You still haven't. Are you making it up as you go?

I went for a 500 only because I put way too many miles on my cars (28k last year alone) and will not take the depreciation hit on a SL55-especially considering the only difference is the engine and I'm not going to be able to use that power downtown where I live.
You said it so why don't you follow your own advice, buy that vette you suggest, save some money/depreciation over the SL, and get better performance than the AMG's. What's stopping you?
Personally, I'll stick to my own AMG's, but thanks for your advice, a vette won't work for me at all. And I neither suggested you buy or sell something, but disagreed with most of your opinions.
Again you bring up $$$$ about the depreciation. So who's car is depreciating more? The answer is yours.

You must really have a thing about someone outspending someone, for it is you who keeps bringing up the money, and throwing prices.
I can appreciate a S550 or any car for that matter. I don't envy you sorry, your out of touch.

but I also don't think AMG cars are the high-almighty cars to end the world.
Another quote by you, and who else ever said it, but you? I know they are some of the best engineered and safe vehicles that offer a higher level of performance than the normal Benzes. And I like them.
This thread is about a poser, not how much he spent, not any particular car, but the laughs we get out of the fact that posers believe their fooling anyone.
Oh, and you forgot to insult my 500E, and all the others I haven't listed.

Old 07-19-2007, 06:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

IS300
Old 07-19-2007, 08:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Why such passion, Mr. Ego? Must have taken the Carleton Sheets R/E course to generate such massive wealth!

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....6&postcount=15

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....7&postcount=20

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....1&postcount=21

Careful, he'll threaten you with his paper boyz....

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....4&postcount=22

Finally, someone else calls you out before the thread is locked....

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....7&postcount=27

Oh well.....back to my Jiffy Lube station.....
Old 07-19-2007, 09:23 AM

All of them!
Wow

Originally Posted by Chappy
Why such passion, Mr. Ego? Must have taken the Carleton Sheets R/E course to generate such massive wealth!

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....6&postcount=15

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....7&postcount=20

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....1&postcount=21

Careful, he'll threaten you with his paper boyz....

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....4&postcount=22

Finally, someone else calls you out before the thread is locked....

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....7&postcount=27

Oh well.....back to my Jiffy Lube station.....
What a $kit disturber. Good rep.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:44 AM

I think this thread would be a lot more fun if people left their arrogance and insults at home and just poked a little fun at the posers. We don't really need to prove anything here and insult each other unless there is some underlying inferiority complex we are having issues with. But that is a topic for some other thread. My son is in the process of finishing up his poser car. I told him he would not fool people who really know but he doesn't care as he just wants to have fun fooling his high school friends. Kids having fun... It is a little weird for a grown adult that already has a nice base car to be a poser. But you guys are out there to shine the light of truth on those guys! Lets just keep it light hearted and I think we will all enjoy this better. Heck, I may even post a photo of my son's car so you guys can poke a little fun at him!
Old 07-19-2007, 10:56 AM

All of them!
Originally Posted by pilotsmith
I think this thread would be a lot more fun if people left their arrogance and insults at home and just poked a little fun at the posers. We don't really need to prove anything here and insult each other unless there is some underlying inferiority complex we are having issues with. But that is a topic for some other thread. My son is in the process of finishing up his poser car. I told him he would not fool people who really know but he doesn't care as he just wants to have fun fooling his high school friends. Kids having fun... It is a little weird for a grown adult that already has a nice base car to be a poser. But you guys are out there to shine the light of truth on those guys! Lets just keep it light hearted and I think we will all enjoy this better. Heck, I may even post a photo of my son's car so you guys can poke a little fun at him!
Well put, I like spotting them. It's kind of like the "what's wrong with this picture" game. If people can't take being the cause of some laughter, don't pose or do something really strange out in where someone else mitght witness it.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
M6 Gran Coupe
I am glad the old CLK AMG group sticks together well on this board. After all.......you guys bought the car for the performance. I guess I just find it funny my non-AMG car has more HP and torque.....but that's right, AMG cars are almighty. I am going to my sell my SL tomorrow for a C32....I'll be part of the crew then. Let me know when you move up to the big boy cars.

Last edited by mjr24; 07-20-2007 at 12:56 AM.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I am glad the old CLK AMG group sticks together well on this board. After all.......you guys bought the car for the performance. I guess I just find it funny my non-AMG car has more HP and torque.....but that's right, AMG cars are almighty. I am going to my sell my SL tomorrow for a C32....I'll be part of the crew then. Let me know when you move up to the big boy cars.
Your not making any sense pal. Your car does NOT have more torque and horsepower than a C32

Go jump in your SL and put your Seat coolers on and chill out
Old 07-20-2007, 01:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
Wow, I go away for two days and look what happens!

For the record, I love all Mercedes, including AMG and I hope to have one sometime in the future. I always find it amusing to see the posers because I consider myself a Mercedes expert and can spot and identify cars from a mile away as I'm sure many here can as well.

mbenzman, you take part of one of my posts and then say you disagree when I said exactly what you feel. I said that I do not agree with putting an AMG badge on a car with sports package but you made it look like I think its ok. I was setting that up there to tell about the regular SL500 I saw. When I see a Mercedes with the AMG sport package and an AMG badge it is funny, but when I see one that doesn't even have the sport package then I just really laugh.

Also, please just relax a bit, enjoy your car and life, get a little laugh at the posers when you drive by, but lets not act like "AMG posers" are killing babies and raping and pilliaging...come on.

Last edited by pmb600; 07-20-2007 at 01:35 AM.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:02 AM

All of them!
Originally Posted by pmb600
mbenzman, you take part of one of my posts and then say you disagree when I said exactly what you feel. I said that I do not agree with putting an AMG badge on a car with sports package but you made it look like I think its ok. I was setting that up there to tell about the regular SL500 I saw. When I see a Mercedes with the AMG sport package and an AMG badge it is funny, but when I see one that doesn't even have the sport package then I just really laugh.
I addressed that part of your post. I do not believe it's context has been altered by addressing it alone. It's the same as I'm addressing this part of your new post. Only the part of your statement in which I referring to to prevent any confusion.

Quote:
I'm not saying that it's ok to put an AMG badge on a non-AMG car, but at least one with sport package has AMG rims and body kit....
Posing is posing. I don't agree. Give the vin number to the dealer and they will tell you it's not an AMG. Your insurance will reflect that it's not an AMG and MOST importantly, it's performance will reflect that it's NOT an AMG.
I guess I'll explain my explanation for you. To me it sounded and still does after rereading your quote, that you have different levels of posing. In reality, they are all posing, You either are posing or not posing. Some are harder to tell, so which are really more laughable? It's a toss up, but there's no grey area.

Here is a definition.
American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source pose 1 (pōz) Pronunciation Key
v. posed, pos·ing, pos·es

v. intr.
  1. To assume or hold a particular position or posture, as in sitting for a portrait.
  2. To affect a particular mental attitude.
  3. To represent oneself falsely; pretend to be other than what one is.
Still haven't answered the questions, not making friends, trying to insult and still spouting the ignorant idea about why we purchased our cars,(not the same as why you purchased yours).
Maybe this is a glimmer of hope for you, at least you did not throw money in this time!
I believe I'll answer for most real AMG owners on this, your still ignorant and buying one might help you with your envy, but I think you'd be a bad example which could make people actually believe what you have said of the real AMG owners is actually true. Do some homework and you might really appreciate one, or maybe you won't since you still know it all.
After this latest spew of blab from you, I'm afraid your problem runs much deeper. You keep trying to not comprehend, you fail to learn, not just on this thread, but some previous ones too.

So,
A. Please do something about this.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source
ig·no·rant /ˈɪgnərənt/Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ig-ner-uhnt]Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation–adjective 1.lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man. 2.lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics. 3.uninformed; unaware. 4.due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.
5. mjr24, who drives the 2nd best car in the world because he wants an SL55 AMG, but, as he said "went for a 500 only because I put way too many miles on my cars (28k last year alone) and will not take the depreciation hit on a SL55-especially considering the only difference is the engine and I'm not going to be able to use that power downtown where I live."

Or ...
B. People will believe this of you, if they don't already.
American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source stu·pid (stōō'pĭd, styōō'-) Pronunciation Key
adj. stu·pid·er, stu·pid·est
  1. Slow to learn or understand; obtuse.
  2. Tending to make poor decisions or careless mistakes.
  3. Marked by a lack of intelligence or care; foolish or careless: a stupid mistake.
  4. Dazed, stunned, or stupefied.
  5. Pointless; worthless: a stupid job.
There is hope for you, grow up, concede ignorance, start improving on your current lack of credibility and move on. Or move on to your next label B. Your choice. Me, I'd call ignorance and have before, as I'm not 100% correct all time time, just enough.

I'm still having a good time with this and I was hoping it would turn into a full on poser thread with everyone pasting their spy shots like that one Blue Monster posted about. Just some that can't take it when they are wrong and several have been just trying clarify what a poser is and get back to it.
Maybe this helps.

Last edited by mbenzman; 07-20-2007 at 04:11 AM. Reason: To show some more love. lol
Old 07-20-2007, 11:29 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
Your SL500 makes less power and torque than the CLK55 and less horsepower than the C32. You make 7 more torque than the C32 though. I guess you won at something!
Old 07-21-2007, 12:08 AM

I was at Fletcher Jones Motor Cars today. (Large MB dealer in Southern California.) About 300 Mercedes cars go in there per day for service! Seemed like about 1/2 the cars had AMG badges and half of those looked like posers. Amazing the volume of cars going through there. I am still a newbie to the Mercedes scene and could spot many posers.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:35 AM

E63 AMG, C350, 190e 2.3-16v
Originally Posted by pilotsmith
My son recently got a C280 that he wants to pose as a C43. It has the AMG rims and exhaust. He wants to order the tags to put on it so he can fool his friends in high school. I don't really care. If I had a nice AMG MB I would actually take off the badges to ambush unsuspecting victims. I agree that it is the engine that makes the AMG. But I don't see the reason to get bent out of shape about posers. Kind of fun to snicker at the real bad ones.

I agree, I don't let that bother me at all we all know the real deal.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I addressed that part of your post. I do not believe it's context has been altered by addressing it alone. It's the same as I'm addressing this part of your new post. Only the part of your statement in which I referring to to prevent any confusion.

Quote:
I'm not saying that it's ok to put an AMG badge on a non-AMG car, but at least one with sport package has AMG rims and body kit....

I guess I'll explain my explanation for you. To me it sounded and still does after rereading your quote, that you have different levels of posing. In reality, they are all posing, You either are posing or not posing. Some are harder to tell, so which are really more laughable? It's a toss up, but there's no grey area.

Here is a definition.

v. intr.
  1. To assume or hold a particular position or posture, as in sitting for a portrait.

Still haven't answered the questions, not making friends, trying to insult and still spouting the ignorant idea about why we purchased our cars,(not the same as why you purchased yours).
Maybe this is a glimmer of hope for you, at least you did not throw money in this time!
I believe I'll answer for most real AMG owners on this, your still ignorant and buying one might help you with your envy, but I think you'd be a bad example which could make people actually believe what you have said of the real AMG owners is actually true. Do some homework and you might really appreciate one, or maybe you won't since you still know it all.
After this latest spew of blab from you, I'm afraid your problem runs much deeper. You keep trying to not comprehend, you fail to learn, not just on this thread, but some previous ones too.

So,
ig·no·rant /ˈɪgnərənt/Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ig-ner-uhnt]Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation–adjective 1.lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man. 2.lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics. 3.uninformed; unaware. 4.due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.
5. mjr24, who drives the 2nd best car in the world because he wants an SL55 AMG, but, as he said "went for a 500 only because I put way too many miles on my cars (28k last year alone) and will not take the depreciation hit on a SL55-especially considering the only difference is the engine and I'm not going to be able to use that power downtown where I live."

Or ...
American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source stu·pid (stōō'pĭd, styōō'-) Pronunciation Key
  3. Marked by a lack of intelligence or care; foolish or careless: a stupid mistake.
There is hope for you, grow up, concede ignorance, start improving on your current lack of credibility and move on. Or move on to your next label B. Your choice. Me, I'd call ignorance and have before, as I'm not 100% correct all time time, just enough.

I'm still having a good time with this and I was hoping it would turn into a full on poser thread with everyone pasting their spy shots like that one Blue Monster posted about. Just some that can't take it when they are wrong and several have been just trying clarify what a poser is and get back to it.
Maybe this helps.

Old 07-22-2007, 03:46 AM

04' Mercedes SL500
Are you guys honestly ranking on an S550 because he changed the badging? That is an absurdly expensive car, nonetheless. Let the guy do whatever he wants. Don't be pissed that he doesnt want the extra performance and want to pony up the 50 or so thousand extra for an AMG car when all he has to do is pay 80 bucks to the dealer to put the badge on and have everyone think that he has a more expensive model that you paid up the *** for. And don't tell me it is just the performance that counts. You would not buy a Benz for just performance because it is definitely not the best car to buy for performance and/or comfort. You guys buy a Mercedes for status. So don't be ranking on the guy because he can essentially have the same status in everyone else's eyes as your AMG that you paid 50+ thousand for and he paid an extra 80 bucks. In my opinion, if it is status you are after, this guy is a hell of a lot smarter than someone that just buys an AMG car for the status.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:50 AM

04' Mercedes SL500

... and I completely agree with this.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:20 AM

All of them!
Originally Posted by sexysl
You are a typical examnple....I said that I don't understand people with 25k-35k 7-year old AMG cars who think they are better than people with 100k non-AMG new Benzes....because you aren't. I can see why you think so lowly of a person with a 85k S550 who is infringing on your 3 AMG's that combined barely cost 85k, if that.

... and I completely agree with this.

YOU agree with ALL of that? Including this crap where I had to correct him for stealing my quote?

Uh OK.....where did I ever say that AMG owners wish they had bought a non-AMG?
I said this, not you! Your comprehension leaves something to be desired.
Here is where I wrote it.
Coming from another guy who doesn't have a clue about AMG. Why aren't you following your own advice by driving a vette, saving your big bucks whilst doing so?
Did you read this thread before commenting? Again have you heard any AMG owners say they wished they had bought a non AMG instead? If so please post the link so I can be taught something here. As far as what you say people buy AMG's for, I haven't been hearing that. A vette wouldn't suit my needs and I would rather drive a SL500 than it anyway-no offense.
Do you agree with him trying to insult too? If so your not a good person, and very ignorant as well? You would be completely wrong too by agreeing with all his statements. Do you want others to have the same opinion of you?
Here's why I can disagree. My AMG's are real and I don't FEEL infringed on by someone/anyone imitating me. AMG and non AMG cars are two different animals, I don't think lowly of a Mercedes owner, at least in my case it would be hypocritical as I also own Mercedes (non-AMG) cars. The ignorant person that your quoting keeps throwing his opions in instead of asking questions or knowing a damn thing about Me, AMG's or the other owners. The only thing he understands and is fixated on is that they cost more and he wishes he had the $$$ to buy one and take the depreciation from driving it 28K miles a year.

In a attempt to help you, I suggest reading this previous post. Highlighted/edited slightly.

Quote:

Here is a definition.

v. intr.

So,

Or ...
American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source
stu·pid (stōō'pĭd, styōō'-) Pronunciation Key

Maybe this helps.

Are you guys honestly ranking on an S550 because he changed the badging? That is an absurdly expensive car, nonetheless. Let the guy do whatever he wants. Don't be pissed that he doesnt want the extra performance and want to pony up the 50 or so thousand extra for an AMG car when all he has to do is pay 80 bucks to the dealer to put the badge on and have everyone think that he has a more expensive model that you paid up the *** for. And don't tell me it is just the performance that counts. You would not buy a Benz for just performance because it is definitely not the best car to buy for performance and/or comfort. You guys buy a Mercedes for status. So don't be ranking on the guy because he can essentially have the same status in everyone else's eyes as your AMG that you paid 50+ thousand for and he paid an extra 80 bucks. In my opinion, if it is status you are after, this guy is a hell of a lot smarter than someone that just buys an AMG car for the status.
You obviously haven't read this thread. As a Newbie, (which you sure reek of the same spew eminating from mjr24 are you him under a brand new ID?) you could concentrate on learning some terms, such as poser and filling out your personal data including what vehicle you own.
What part of that definition of poser do you disagree applies to ANY car that has been rebadged? I for one don't care why you bought your car or how much you paid for it as it has NO relevance to whether or not someone is a poser. The only way around this is to get in touch with the real world and have the definition of poser changed. Quick call the dictionary!
I'm not "ranking" any one's car, that's not what this thread is about. If the 550 owner was better for spending more why not leave it labeled as is? He (the S550 owner) is a poser. If he wants to be a poser, that's his right we haven't argued that! If a Maybach owner installs a Kia emblem on his car that's his right, but he would STILL be a POSER. Doesn't matter how much you spend being a poser, we still have the right to laugh about them.

Last edited by mbenzman; 07-22-2007 at 06:29 AM.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes S-Class (W221) AMG
Where I live you order the AMG kit and wheels in the same way you order any other option when you first place your order and thus they have a code.

I saw last fleet of cars ordered right even before they washed them in original shipping package and whether they were S 350, 500, 600 or 63/65 they all had the AMG badge on the right rear side of the cars installed directly from Germany. I know some of the posts are not related to this in particular but just wanted to clarify how it is done from the other part of the globe.

I don't know about the US though but according to my local sales manager Mercedes entitles you to this free badge with a minimum order of exterior kit, exhaust and wheels across all the models (big deal!). They left the rest to the expert eye to spot the differences which visually distinguishes S63 and S65.

If Mercedes does this, then I guess many owners have already got their justification or argument to do it as well. However, I would personally never patch an S 500 for instance with S65 or bi turbo, rather leave it blank than pretending. It's called a lie whether spoken or written and there is no need what's so ever to lie (no offense please I am talking only about my self, you all can patch your car an S75 if you want to).

I have a friend who has the 2006 S65 which he boosted its performance using SV12S kit from Brabus and computer chips to 780hp. So what is next you think, put some stickers showing it is a monster. Well, not really. He removed every possible sticker on the car including the one inside. He wanted people who try to race him to be puzzled before they realize he smoked them! Well he paid for it let him enjoy it the way he wants it. We recorded stop to 100km in 3.734 seconds, I thought the car was going to explode! Mercedes claims that when driving W221, the heart beats are lower by 6-7 beats than when driving a BMW 7-series. I don't think this applies to the S65! Sorry please if

No matter what car you drive enjoy it Life is too short to argue.

Last edited by obaidan; 07-22-2007 at 08:37 AM.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:41 PM

04' Mercedes SL500
I feel like you guys are trying to create a hierarchy of sorts between AMG and non-AMG owners. I think that distgusts me more than someone putting a different badge on their car. You're just trying to bask in the glow of someone trying to imitate an AMG which you own and you feel good about that. Thus, let's post pictures and and laugh at the guy with a non-amg benz that wishes he had an AMG car. When, in actuality, he may or may not have wanted an AMG version of his car (i'm sure if this guy can buy an s550 he could have the AMG version if he really wanted) and did a cost/benefit analysis for himself and decided to go with a S550 and since it is so easy to rebadge the car just do that and have some of the benefits that go along with people thinking you have a more expensive car.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
I feel like you guys are trying to create a hierarchy of sorts between AMG and non-AMG owners. I think that distgusts me more than someone putting a different badge on their car. You're just trying to bask in the glow of someone trying to imitate an AMG which you own and you feel good about that. Thus, let's post pictures and and laugh at the guy with a non-amg benz that wishes he had an AMG car. When, in actuality, he may or may not have wanted an AMG version of his car (i'm sure if this guy can buy an s550 he could have the AMG version if he really wanted) and did a cost/benefit analysis for himself and decided to go with a S550 and since it is so easy to rebadge the car just do that and have some of the benefits that go along with people thinking you have a more expensive car.
Looks like you still haven't grasped the fact that it's just plain lying.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Saw This Poser In Toronto Yesterday