S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Saw This Poser In Toronto Yesterday

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
I think people have way too much time on their hands if this is such an issue to them.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
i dont understand why someone who is driving an s550 can not be happy with the fact that they are driving such a nice car and be proud of what they have. there is no need for them to try and have or be something their not.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by andrew knight
i dont understand why someone who is driving an s550 can not be happy with the fact that they are driving such a nice car and be proud of what they have. there is no need for them to try and have or be something their not.
It's the driving force of capitalism; insatiable greed and unreasonable fear. Why do CEO's making $20,000,000 a year cheat and go to jail trying to make a little more money? Some people are never happy with what they have...
Old 07-23-2007, 09:16 AM

All of them!
Originally Posted by sexysl
I feel like you guys are trying to create a hierarchy of sorts between AMG and non-AMG owners. I think that distgusts me more than someone putting a different badge on their car. You're just trying to bask in the glow of someone trying to imitate an AMG which you own and you feel good about that. Thus, let's post pictures and and laugh at the guy with a non-amg benz that wishes he had an AMG car. When, in actuality, he may or may not have wanted an AMG version of his car (i'm sure if this guy can buy an s550 he could have the AMG version if he really wanted) and did a cost/benefit analysis for himself and decided to go with a S550 and since it is so easy to rebadge the car just do that and have some of the benefits that go along with people thinking you have a more expensive car.
3 posts on mjr24's new name "sexysl", all on this thread and you still are suffering from some deep rooted problem that make you believe posing is something that people shouldn't be allowed to laugh at. You keep trying to make this an all AMG owners believe they're better than everyone else thing. It's not, it is a poser thread get with the topic.

Most AMG owners also have non-AMG vehicles, Do they make license plate frames that say "My other car is an AMG so I'm better than you" that we can buy and install on our other vehicles? How do we stand to drive the other such lowly cars? You are out of touch and just trying to fight a non-existent battle.

Go create a few more user id's to agree with yourself.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:26 AM

All of them!
Originally Posted by andrew knight
Maybe they are trying to fool others by posing, or they are funny and like be laughed at. I used to work with a guy who loved to make others laugh. He installed a hood star on his van and the bmw kidney grill. He then painted it black with white spots to resemble a cow. It was funny looking, each to their own.

Oh, and by the way, SEXYSL, if you are indeed mjr24, you would now be A POSER. POSING as someone else agreeing with yourself. Very relevent to this thread and a HUGE laugh.
Pics of your car or ban!!!
Old 07-24-2007, 02:41 AM

04' Mercedes SL500
i just got my car a week or so ago.. no pix yet and it is current at the mercedes dealer getting the windshield wipers fixed and the two black things near the rear window replaced (AZ sun fades them apparently) so i have a c230 loaner car now.. i'll glady post pix when i get it back (hopefully tomorrow). and btw i'm not that other guy. if u can check ip addresses by all means go ahead
Old 07-24-2007, 03:15 AM

04' Mercedes SL500
and i'm really surprised at how immature you guys all are. i mean this is ridiculous. you guys buy such expensive cars and yet utilize these retarded looking emoticons. i wouldn't be suprised if many of you guys were posers and didn't even own a mercedes... i mean it isn't hard at all to find pictures of a mercedes on the internet. most people that own a 70+ thousand dollar car (at least the ones i know) would not even be on this forum to begin with unless they are younger and feel like talking about their new car incessantly (like myself).
Old 07-24-2007, 08:25 AM

2012 Diavel
We buy AMG because we want all the luxury (and more) of the standard model but we also crave the incredible performance combined with the luxury and design that ONLY MB offers. And sexysl, Posers are liars and a liar is never smarter than one who doesn't lie. Only pathetic.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:50 AM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
and i'm really surprised at how immature you guys all are. i mean this is ridiculous. you guys buy such expensive cars and yet utilize these retarded looking emoticons.
At least we make an attempt to use proper grammar and punctuation!

i wouldn't be suprised if many of you guys were posers and didn't even own a mercedes... i mean it isn't hard at all to find pictures of a mercedes on the internet. most people that own a 70+ thousand dollar car (at least the ones i know) would not even be on this forum to begin with unless they are younger and feel like talking about their new car incessantly (like myself).
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! You're obviously a noob TO THE INTERNET.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:43 AM

04' Mercedes SL500
i read something bill gates wrote when the internet was first emerging. he didn't use proper grammar in his first internet correspondences and said that it wasn't necessary on such a medium as the internet.. i happen to agree with him. as long as my point gets across and i minimize wasted time I'm perfectly happy. i could care less what you guys think.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:01 AM

04' Mercedes SL500
and wow.. you guy's **** me off. this guy even has the s550 on it. it's not like he put s63 or s65. you know he doesn't have a bloody AMG engine in it and either just thought the badge made the car look better or put some amg mods in it and wanted to put an amg badge on the back. you people are seriously retarded. when i was in the parts section of mercedes the other day the guy even suggested i put an amg badge on the back of my car since i had some amg wheels on it and saw this carbon fiber amg license plate i liked and want to put on it. you people sicken me.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

and wow.. you guy's **** me off. this guy even has the s550 on it. it's not like he put s63 or s65. you know he doesn't have a bloody AMG engine in it and either just thought the badge made the car look better or put some amg mods in it and wanted to put an amg badge on the back. you people are seriously retarded. when i was in the parts section of mercedes the other day the guy even suggested i put an amg badge on the back of my car since i had some amg wheels on it and saw this carbon fiber amg license plate i liked and want to put on it. you people sicken me.
The fact that the parts guy suggested you put a badge on was actually an inside joke with him and the rest of the parts guys. They want to see how many suckers are out there too.
P.S.If you put the AMG License plate cover on, then your a poser too.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:47 AM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
The dealer doesn't have the final say in things. Just because the guy said you should get a badge doesn't say anything. He's a salesperson after all, out to get your money.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
V12TT
I live in Toronto and the S550 with the AMG package here get the AMG badge...

the C230s over here get the luxury package standard... you have to upgrade to the AMG package which is an extra 10 grand, might as well buy the car in the states and bring it up here
Old 07-25-2007, 12:16 PM
Banned

cl500-o5, s500 sedan-o4, new s550 sedan
sexysl... you have got some good points, however you stand no chance VS these guy's, trust me i have fought the battle, some of these guy's have 6000+ posts on this forum in this community alone...talk about being eaten up with something... could you imagine posting that many times... for god's sake, get a freakin life..... just youg kids with no better way to spend there time.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:10 PM

I dont know what's funnier, the poser or this thread. lol

You know we are in America (well, some of us anyway like it or not) where they say "if it feels good do it", add to this the apparent company sanction, throw in a sport package an ego and 80 bucks and presto, an AMG owners nightmare is born. Better to laugh than cry I guess. Keep in mind however, some of these so-called posers arent aware of the nature of their crime, they just bought the car or borrowed the car or stole the car or whatever.

Its tough sometimes keeping the peace where so much freedom exists. Got to be real patient, got to understand and got to forgive, and forgive, and forgive,
Old 07-25-2007, 03:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E63, 2018 AMG GT Convertible
Posers

While they make me want to gag, the reality is, the people who KNOW what a TRUE AMG is, know the poser for what they are. The people who don't know anything about AMG could care less.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by allminesl550

I dont know what's funnier, the poser or this thread. lol

You know we are in America (well, some of us anyway like it or not) where they say "if it feels good do it", add to this the apparent company sanction, throw in a sport package an ego and 80 bucks and presto, an AMG owners nightmare is born. Better to laugh than cry I guess. Keep in mind however, some of these so-called posers arent aware of the nature of their crime, they just bought the car or borrowed the car or stole the car or whatever.

Its tough sometimes keeping the peace where so much freedom exists. Got to be real patient, got to understand and got to forgive, and forgive, and forgive,
Hahaha!!!
Old 07-25-2007, 04:55 PM

2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS
Didn't Nevada Jack's 550 Sport have an AMG badge? He was/is one of our most respected members of this forum and no one had an issue with it. Some cars come like that ex-factory, or at least as a dealer-installed option, so I truly do not understand what the big deal is. If you get pissed off that you spent dough to "earn" your AMG engine under the hood, and the other guy is just getting the "spoils" without having done the same, than you have some serious issues. Remember, you did not build the engine yourself.

The guy does not have Kompressor badges, V12 Biturbo, or other misreps, so what exactly is the deal? Oh, and if that were my car you snapped a picture of and posted publicly without removing my license plate, I would seriously have an issue with it, and hunt you down (half-joking, but wholly pissed!).
Old 07-25-2007, 05:19 PM

Mercedes S-Class (W221) AMG
OH this evil badge which started all this shall not be sold anymore. PEACE PEACE PEACE, SLEEP SLEEP, SLEEP KKKKHHHHHHH.
Attached Thumbnails Saw This Poser In Toronto Yesterday-amg-trouble.jpg  
Old 07-25-2007, 05:35 PM
Banned

cl500-o5, s500 sedan-o4, new s550 sedan
Ferri..... could not have said it better myself.....Also, what on earth is up with these paparrattzi type forum members going around snapping pics and posting people's lic plates online!!!....half the time they are zooming down the highway, doing high speed manuevers to snap a pic of a .... god forbid !! non amg benz, with a amg badge, these retarded forum members who practice this procedure might find themselves in the middle of a 18 wheel sandwich!!.. for what..??... a few laughs from some people on the forum whom they have never met.??... And i still have not figured out what to make of the dudes on the board who think it is allright and funny to use dental floss to **** up someones brand new car, by debadging it themselves.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by Ferri
Didn't Nevada Jack's 550 Sport have an AMG badge? He was/is one of our most respected members of this forum and no one had an issue with it. Some cars come like that ex-factory, or at least as a dealer-installed option, so I truly do not understand what the big deal is. If you get pissed off that you spent dough to "earn" your AMG engine under the hood, and the other guy is just getting the "spoils" without having done the same, than you have some serious issues.
NJ's DID NOT have an AMG badge on it.
Remember, you did not build the engine yourself.
Ahh...but in an AMG somebody did build the engine. On a non-AMG a robot did.

The guy does not have Kompressor badges, V12 Biturbo, or other misreps, so what exactly is the deal? Oh, and if that were my car you snapped a picture of and posted publicly without removing my license plate, I would seriously have an issue with it, and hunt you down (half-joking, but wholly pissed!).
I could see a relationship between getting "angry" over a badge and getting angry over someone taking a picture of your car. It's not illegal, but it's not appreciated either.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:42 PM

04' Mercedes SL500
Originally Posted by AsianML
The dealer doesn't have the final say in things. Just because the guy said you should get a badge doesn't say anything. He's a salesperson after all, out to get your money.
Well if the dealer doesn't have a say in things then neither do any of you. I, or anyone else, can put whatever the hell badging we want on the back of our cars. It's not illegal, it's not hurting anyone (except maybe a pissed off AMG owner) and I feel it makes the car look better. Putting that badge on isn't saying my car isn't anything that it's not. It still says SL500 on it thus one can safely assume that it is, indeed, an SL500 and that is not a car made by AMG and the badge must therefore be for cosmetic reasons.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:55 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Well if the dealer doesn't have a say in things then neither do any of you. I, or anyone else, can put whatever the hell badging we want on the back of our cars. It's not illegal, it's not hurting anyone (except maybe a pissed off AMG owner) and I feel it makes the car look better. Putting that badge on isn't saying my car isn't anything that it's not. It still says SL500 on it thus one can safely assume that it is, indeed, an SL500 and that is not a car made by AMG and the badge must therefore be for cosmetic reasons.
Did I say you couldn't? I just said you shouldn't.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The truth comes out. You have an AMG badge on a non AMG car Poser

As far as posting peoples license plates, good, they should, you put that badge on for the rest of the world to see, so why not put the license plate on the picture too. You should be embarassed driving a Fake Expensive car. The SL500 is a perfectly good car (well 05s and up ) Why dont you be happy with what you have

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Saw This Poser In Toronto Yesterday