S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

07 S65 For Under $130K

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 S55 AMG
07 S65 For Under $130K

Interesting: This vehicle was purchased by us directly from Mercedes due to "check engine light / engine misfire". Due to this inconvenience for the original owner the vehicle was purchased back by Mercedes, FIXED (by Mercedes) and re-sold by Mercedes and now comes with a Buy Back/Returned to manufacturer notation on the title.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Merce...spagenameZWDVW
Old 10-29-2007, 04:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 SL600, 2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite
high mileage for an '07.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:23 AM

S65 Renntech'd, GL450, Super Charged Range Rover
This S65 has been on and off of Ebay for a long time. No one wants it cause it's BLUE.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Question

Originally Posted by love2skiutah
This S65 has been on and off of Ebay for a long time. No one wants it cause it's BLUE.
What's wrong with Blue?
Old 10-30-2007, 06:15 AM
CY
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL/M6
What about that S65 someone got in green...the blue is 1000 times better then that
Old 10-30-2007, 01:09 PM

S65 Renntech'd, GL450, Super Charged Range Rover
Originally Posted by absent
What's wrong with Blue?
Nothing is wrong with Blue. All I'm saying is that Blue doesn't sell. I don't know why, it just doesn't. My dealership told me that they hate taking in Green or Blue as trade-ins cause they have a hard time getting rid of them.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:37 PM
Almost a Member!

64' Caddy, LX470, S65..GL..
We all know if that car is priced low enough - somebody will scoop it up. Green might be a hard sell...but that blue doesn't bother me that much....after all - I'll spend the entire time on the inside blowing past slower cars....

Coogi
Old 10-30-2007, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL65
It's a lemon buyback to. Misfiring engine.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:55 PM

No longer car shopping...
Originally Posted by CoogiMan
We all know if that car is priced low enough - somebody will scoop it up. Green might be a hard sell...but that blue doesn't bother me that much....after all - I'll spend the entire time on the inside blowing past slower cars....

Coogi
It's not low enough considering that it's a lemon. They may have painted the lemon blue, but it's still a lemon underneath and the title will ALWAYS says that is so. Benz took a beating on this. The sellers probably bought it around $90K (50% the retail price) and is now trying to make a LOT of $$$$$ on the sale. Not worth it IMHO. Now, if it was available for say, $105K then "maybe"
Old 11-12-2007, 06:32 AM
Banned

BS
that place sells nothing but lemons... LOL
Old 11-12-2007, 02:06 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
1987 Buick GNX,SL65 Black, 1987 Buick Turbo Limited, 2010 GT500
Lemon Buy back S65'S at auction for $130k

the titles on these cars can be washed and have a clean title... my opinion on LEMON LAW CARS: DAMN GOOD FREAKING DEALS..... you can save 50k.... why are cars buy backs.... 90% of the time the customer has a stick up their *** and wants out of the loan from depreciation or just the fact they dont want the car anymore..... the simple truth.....
Old 11-12-2007, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by retardedmunk
the titles on these cars can be washed and have a clean title... my opinion on LEMON LAW CARS: DAMN GOOD FREAKING DEALS..... you can save 50k.... why are cars buy backs.... 90% of the time the customer has a stick up their *** and wants out of the loan from depreciation or just the fact they dont want the car anymore..... the simple truth.....
LOL - Washed and "Cleaned"...LOL, you mean that you can fraudulently "clean" a title. Seems a shame to me. If someone digs deep enough they will find out that you "mis-represented" a "previously titled Lemon car" and you could/should be sued for the false representation. Of course, you could also always "get away with it" like it seems SO many do. Really a SAD, sad world we live in where someone even "THINKS" such a deplorable act is "OK". Shame on you!
Old 11-14-2007, 01:36 AM
Banned

BS
retardedmunk, name suits you well!

You get what you pay for, I live by that. Secondly, regardless, I have seen them sell cars with lemon laws from major safety factors (brakes, airbags...) So I for one will NEVER buy a lemon lawed car. My thought process is if you can't afford it, wait til you can, don't settle for the previously fu**ed up version!
Old 11-14-2007, 07:16 PM

2010 S600 sold
Originally Posted by RENNTECH36
retardedmunk, name suits you well!

You get what you pay for, I live by that. Secondly, regardless, I have seen them sell cars with lemon laws from major safety factors (brakes, airbags...) So I for one will NEVER buy a lemon lawed car. My thought process is if you can't afford it, wait til you can, don't settle for the previously fu**ed up version!
+1
Old 11-14-2007, 09:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Lotus Elise SLK55
I'm not 100% sure if this is the case all the time, but when you buy a "lemon title" car, it does still come with warranty, and most of the time, the original problem has been fixed. Sometimes the dealer is just incompetent and can't fix a simple issue that is easily fixed by another dealer. A friend of mine bought a lemon'd 05 SL55 for 65,000$ and has not had a single problem, while all minor problems have been fixed under warranty.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:13 PM
Banned

thanks I love my name.....Muahhhh

Well... the title will not state that the car is a Manufacturer buy back... but CARFAX will.....and I live by the notion that if it is broken it can be fixed....cars dont get cancer folks....our cars have issues plain and simple.... and a lemon law car doesnt mean that it is not fixable and in most cases it means that the consumer was fed up with the car or just wanted to get another and not deal with the hit...... regardless of affordablilty .. i can buy a new one if chose.... would I? HELL NO ..... why would I buy a car new that in less then two years will be worth less then half or more of my total purchase price? and for a 200k car this is significant.... I should just hand my check book over to the dealer and tell him to write it out for what ever he feels like and just dont tell me the amount.....so a lemon law car is a great way to catch up with the loss in value.... why should I throw my money away just to say "this car had no problems then another one i could of bought" yeah $50k later.....so I will need a fat joint and a bottle of Jack to cool me down. ..My ego is not that expendable.............i like being the savy car buyer that I am and know that i can drive anything I choose and not lose a dime over my interest in my payments...
Old 11-14-2007, 10:25 PM

1988 535i 5 speed
I say, if it has any warranty at all, which it does, why not? If it breaks (highly unlikely), then complain and take it to the dealer. I would buy it if I had the 129k. And yes, it seems that especially on 65s, color is a big issue. It seems they almost get more for black than silver, and I've never seen blue. I like it, almost more than black. Probably never see another one, thats for sure.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Addicted2Speed
I'm not 100% sure if this is the case all the time, but when you buy a "lemon title" car, it does still come with warranty, and most of the time, the original problem has been fixed. Sometimes the dealer is just incompetent and can't fix a simple issue that is easily fixed by another dealer. A friend of mine bought a lemon'd 05 SL55 for 65,000$ and has not had a single problem, while all minor problems have been fixed under warranty.
Buy Back cars DO have regular mfg warranties, the government forces them to honor them. however, the problems come into play AFTER the regular warranty expires. Few (if any) after market warranties will cover a car that is KNOWN to be a buy back. Benz in fact will not offer an extended warranty on buyback cars. That in and of itself should tell you something. You can not buy a "buy back" car off a Benz Dealers lot. They auction/liquidate every one of them. That too should tell you something. When you go to sell it at 49K miles, don't expect a lot of buyers (even at wholesale levels). If your going to drive it well past warranty, then maybe it could work for some.

As long as one understands the risk and can buy one at a VERY low price, they also should understand that their liquidation position is also likely to be poorer than a comparable non-buyback car. Cost less...is worth less. As long as someone doesn't try to "scrub" the title like some do with Salvaged vehicles (sorry about coming off strong on r-munk like. Just seen too many people think they can "get rich quick" at the expense of others and his post came across that we to me. I now see he didn't intend that to be the case) then I say, try it at your own risk.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:01 PM
Banned

BS.... how would they know?

An extended warranty co. has no idea if the car is a lemon....... and they wouldnt care... example...

I bought a 2005 E55 with 28k miles LEMON LAW
paid $51k for the car.... very clean... a couple of issues with car after purchase but not related to original buy back warranty issue...it had the full factory warranty....

before I sold the car I had the miles to 42k... added an extended warranty

Chrysler Service Contract warranty

and sold the car for $48,500 after 13 months of ownership

NOW I BOUGHT THIS CAR WHEN IT WAS 14 MONTHS OLD.... AND NOT A CAR AROUND WAS LESS THEN $65K...... if i had bought the $65k car and sold it for the roughly the same amount amount i sold mine for i would of lost $17k and not $2500
Old 11-15-2007, 12:03 AM

1988 535i 5 speed
Originally Posted by ndabunka
Buy Back cars DO have regular mfg warranties, the government forces them to honor them. however, the problems come into play AFTER the regular warranty expires. Few (if any) after market warranties will cover a car that is KNOWN to be a buy back. Benz in fact will not offer an extended warranty on buyback cars. That in and of itself should tell you something. You can not buy a "buy back" car off a Benz Dealers lot. They auction/liquidate every one of them. That too should tell you something. When you go to sell it at 49K miles, don't expect a lot of buyers (even at wholesale levels). If your going to drive it well past warranty, then maybe it could work for some.

As long as one understands the risk and can buy one at a VERY low price, they also should understand that their liquidation position is also likely to be poorer than a comparable non-buyback car. Cost less...is worth less. As long as someone doesn't try to "scrub" the title like some do with Salvaged vehicles (sorry about coming off strong on r-munk like. Just seen too many people think they can "get rich quick" at the expense of others and his post came across that we to me. I now see he didn't intend that to be the case) then I say, try it at your own risk.
Very true. I am willing to bet that it won't have any probs, 1 is more than most have, and 221 have proven reliable.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:37 PM

SL55, Cayenne S, Tundra, 360 spider
Originally Posted by BenzBoy12
I say, if it has any warranty at all, which it does, why not? If it breaks (highly unlikely), then complain and take it to the dealer. I would buy it if I had the 129k. And yes, it seems that especially on 65s, color is a big issue. It seems they almost get more for black than silver, and I've never seen blue. I like it, almost more than black. Probably never see another one, thats for sure.
I do have the 129k. The car is 10 miles from me. I would not buy it. If I did buy it I would never be able to get rid of it for anywhere near a decent price. No one that buys a 65 wants a tarnished car. Most don't even want one used, hence the ultra low resale price on 65's.

Now offer the car to me for 75k and I will be there with bells on tomorrow with a check in hand. 75k would allow me to drive the car for a year at almost a zero loss on my end.

I would love to get a S65 but there is no way I am paying 200k for something that will be worth 100k next year. On the other hand there is no way I will buy one used without a warranty either because the 65 will kill you on repairs. These are all issues that go through a lot of peoples minds before buying a 12 cyl car and most likely the reason why the 65 is headed for the discontinued rack.

Mercedes needs to figure out something to curb the MASSIVE depreciation people are taking on their cars. I know I won't buy a Mercedes again any time soon because of it. Not to say I didn't love my SL55 and I bought it for 40k off the sticker after 9 months drove it for 12 months and lost only 15k. If the Mercedes had a normal rate of depreciation I would buy a new one every two years.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
07 E63 06 CLK55 Cab 03 P-car C4S
i heard that last month a rolls royce w/ $340k msrp and only 1200 miles on it went thru auction and could have been bought for $240k.

the S65 resale certainly sucks, but i think the others are equally terrible. my friend just bought a 2006 maserati quatroport w 20k on it w/ full remaining warranty and new condition for $70k. my guess is msrp was $115k-ish. from what i'm hearing, the high end cars are taking a hit across the board.

for me, it's not a matter of affording it. i'm very content w/ my 2002 S55 w/ 94k miles for $22k. it has a lot of the same functionality and fun as the more expensive cars, but i feel very good about spending less than a new accord or camry. when our 2 kids get older, i would love to get a cpo s600 sport for $35-40k or a s65 for $50k...i think that would be a pretty good value
Old 11-23-2007, 12:48 AM
Banned

2007 e350 4matic
i used to wholesale cars and a lemon buyback is considered salvage due to the branding on the title. When you buy a salvage car you have to see what ruff book value is divide it by half and theres the value of the car.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by bzliteyear
i heard that last month a rolls royce w/ $340k msrp and only 1200 miles on it went thru auction and could have been bought for $240k.

the S65 resale certainly sucks, but i think the others are equally terrible. my friend just bought a 2006 maserati quatroport w 20k on it w/ full remaining warranty and new condition for $70k. my guess is msrp was $115k-ish. from what i'm hearing, the high end cars are taking a hit across the board.

for me, it's not a matter of affording it. I'm very content w/ my 2002 S55 w/ 94k miles for $22k. it has a lot of the same functionality and fun as the more expensive cars, but i feel very good about spending less than a new accord or Camry. when our 2 kids get older, i would love to get a cpo s600 sport for $35-40k or a s65 for $50k...i think that would be a pretty good value
That is way too much for a quatroport with 20k miles on it. Check ebay for cars with 1/4 the miles and 10k less on the price. My wife was thinking of getting one so we have been looking at them.

The exotic manufacturers really have it good. The market is set up so 90% of the buyers don't drive the cars because of resale and the manufacturers don't have to make warranty repairs. Then when the car is sold the miles are low problems that have arisen are low but when the next guy gets the car out of warranty and something breaks look out. Thats the part which pisses me off. I would love to have a S65 to pound the crap out of under warranty but I can't imagine the S65 being worth anymore to me than 75K. And again I don't want it to cost me anymore than 10k to use it for a year. All these thing are attainable except the warranty part which really is the biggest risk with a car like the S65. Oh I also would want to drive the newest body style too.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:42 PM

I went down to world imports today and the S65 is sold. they sold it today. the car really looked great in that blue color. The salesman said they did get the 129 for it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 07 S65 For Under $130K