S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Facelifted S65 or Bentley Continental Supersports??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 S65 AMG, 2005 SLR McLaren
Question Facelifted S65 or Bentley Continental Supersports??

Just came across this new Bentley Continental Supersports!
http://www.bentleymotors.com/models/...n/default.aspx

Not sure whether to trade my 08 S65 for the new Facelifted model or for the new Bentley SuperSports?? ... decisions .... decisions??
Old 04-11-2009, 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts
BMW, Tesla, Mercedes, Porsche
This is a tough situation.. The SuperSports is very nice, but it's similar to the SLR. You already have a sports car, sedan, and an SUV. If you get the Bentley instead of the facelifted S65, you'll have an SUV and 2 sports cars. Do you care about having an executive sedan?
Old 04-12-2009, 12:09 AM

2005 Crossfire SRT-6
If you get the Bentley you'd have to change your SN to "Iluvmysupersports".
Old 04-12-2009, 12:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Originally Posted by iluvmys65amg
Just came across this new Bentley Continental Supersports!
http://www.bentleymotors.com/models/...n/default.aspx

Not sure whether to trade my 08 S65 for the new Facelifted model or for the new Bentley SuperSports?? ... decisions .... decisions??
Just so you know,the Supersport has only 2 seats.
How about Speed with Ceramic brakes,Renntech chipped to 655hp for very little $$ (relatively)?
If you plan to use the car in 4 season weather (like Chicago) AWD is very convincing,LA climate would make the choice more difficult as both cars have virtually identical performance.(CGT Speed vs CL65 or CFS Speed vs S65).
Old 04-12-2009, 12:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 S550 AMG with ABC
Those seats look really uncomfortable, also the Nav screen is mounted rather low in the dash that it seems kind of retro .
Old 04-12-2009, 01:21 PM

Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Porsche, Aston Martin, Chevrolet
Originally Posted by QuadBenz
This is a tough situation.. The SuperSports is very nice, but it's similar to the SLR. You already have a sports car, sedan, and an SUV. If you get the Bentley instead of the facelifted S65, you'll have an SUV and 2 sports cars. Do you care about having an executive sedan?
I agree very much with QuadBenz, if you purchase the Bentley, you have will have two "sports cars" rather than one sports car and a sports sedan. Therefore I'd go for the S65 no questions asked, plus its a little more understated when it comes to business, etc. Best of luck with your purchase!
Old 04-12-2009, 01:25 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT-6
Originally Posted by AMG1
I agree very much with QuadBenz, if you purchase the Bentley, you have will have two "sports cars" rather than one sports car and a sports sedan. Therefore I'd go for the S65 no questions asked, plus its a little more understated when it comes to business, etc. Best of luck with your purchase!
Nice line up of cars yourself...............I've only seen 1 Carrera GT roaming around town and 1 in my shop but both were silver(and probably the same car).
Old 04-12-2009, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by moparrbust
Nice line up of cars yourself...............I've only seen 1 Carrera GT roaming around town and 1 in my shop but both were silver(and probably the same car).
Thankyou moparrbust, its been awhile since I've been online so I've been updating my current car list. Here are a few pictures of my Carrera GT from the day I bought it, (notice the Maybach in the garage), enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails Facelifted S65 or Bentley Continental Supersports??-n1391692467_39368_8666.jpg   Facelifted S65 or Bentley Continental Supersports??-n1391692467_39369_8927.jpg  
Old 04-12-2009, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thankyou moparrbust, its been awhile since I've been online so I've been updating my current car list. Here are a few pictures of my Carrera GT from the day I bought it, (notice the Maybach in the garage), enjoy!
Very nice.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
0-60mph in 3.7 seconds.

Bentley.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
SL 63 W/B AMG , S600,C220
I would go for the S65 every time.A change is as good as a rest!!
Old 04-12-2009, 07:28 PM

Thanks for all your replies everyone!

..I do agree with "QuadBenz" & "AMG1" ..The Bentley is very similar to the SLR, But I love my SLR so much I don't know if I could trade that in!
Another, Problem with the Bentley is that it only has the two seats and I definitely need a back seat ..soo, I may go with the newer S65. I'm just gonna have to stay FAR away from the Bentley dealer for a little while!!

... another possibility is the Bentley Flying Spur Speed but I haven't really driven one yet and it's kinda of a car that I would buy when I'm 50!
Old 04-12-2009, 07:34 PM

Question

AMG1..Nice collection there! ...How do you like the Carrera GT?

I have an 2005 SLR which I fell in love with! I was really close to trading it for a LP Murci last summer but I just couldn't pull the trigger after going home a staring at the SLR in the garage!
Old 04-12-2009, 07:36 PM

'05 SL 55 Black/Black w/mods from Eurocharged/Kleemann/BuckheadImports
Question Yes

Is it true that there are now tuning companies that can very easily take the new Flying Spur Speed and Continental GT Speed coupe to around 750 HP without digging into the engine's internals? I'm assuming this is with some thorough ECU/TCU tuning plus headers back big bore exhaust and filters/intake, correct?

If so then a GT Speed Coupe or Flying Spur Speed sedan with 750 HP would be faster 0 to 100 or 0 to 125 than an S65 just because of the AWD, correct?

Couple that with the very nice hand-made Connolly leather interior and Bentley badge prestige... sounds pretty nice too...

Then again the new 2010 updated S65 with some serious tuning would lay waste to almost anything this side of a Ferrari Enzo or seriously tuned GT-R.... The way Vadim is tuning the 65's (Quad-Turbo's) it would take a Lambo Murcielago LP670 SuperVeloce or a Koennigsegg CCX to keep up in a straight highway rolling 60 to 200 MPH race :-)
Old 04-12-2009, 08:22 PM

AMG1..Nice collection there! ...How do you like the Carrera GT?

I have an 2005 SLR which I fell in love with! I was really close to trading it for a LP Murci last summer but I just couldn't pull the trigger after going home a staring at the SLR in the garage!
I've loved my Carrera GT since the first day I bought it. I almost bought an SLR when I was looking at the GT however I just found so much enjoyment in how close the GT is to a race car. However the ceramic clutch can be tricky at times and those are the times I wish I had your silky smooth five speed haha. The brakes are phenomenal and I have yet to encounter a car that has as unique of a sound as the GT. I get a kick out of the fact that people with no knowledge of cars typically think that the GT is a Lamborghini, however when they look at the Porsche badge they scratch there head and ask me, "I didn't know Porsche made a car like this." I must say a friend of mine has the SLR Roadster and I really enjoyed it when he let me take it for a spin. Love the monstrous V8 sound and supercharged performance, plus you can't beat those doors.

Cheers!

AMG1
Old 04-12-2009, 09:59 PM

I've loved my Carrera GT since the first day I bought it. I almost bought an SLR when I was looking at the GT however I just found so much enjoyment in how close the GT is to a race car. However the ceramic clutch can be tricky at times and those are the times I wish I had your silky smooth five speed haha. The brakes are phenomenal and I have yet to encounter a car that has as unique of a sound as the GT. I get a kick out of the fact that people with no knowledge of cars typically think that the GT is a Lamborghini, however when they look at the Porsche badge they scratch there head and ask me, "I didn't know Porsche made a car like this." I must say a friend of mine has the SLR Roadster and I really enjoyed it when he let me take it for a spin. Love the monstrous V8 sound and supercharged performance, plus you can't beat those doors.

Cheers!

AMG1
I truly think the Carrera GT is one of the most thrilling supercars! Whenever I see a CGT on the road it always grabs the attention of every on-looker especially myself! Though, the ceramic clutch was the only thing that turned me away from the CGT.. Getting stuck in LA traffic in the CGT would be a killing for me. ...I am though seriously ready to get a convertible though, so when I can come across a Black/Red SLR Roadster I am going to trade up. Being in LA, the SLR roadster would definitely be a great weekend car here! ..I'm glad you love your CGT, it's truly one of the best looking cars on the road! Enjoy it and happy driving AMG1!!
Old 04-13-2009, 01:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I truly think the Carrera GT is one of the most thrilling supercars! Whenever I see a CGT on the road it always grabs the attention of every on-looker especially myself! Though, the ceramic clutch was the only thing that turned me away from the CGT.. Getting stuck in LA traffic in the CGT would be a killing for me. ...I am though seriously ready to get a convertible though, so when I can come across a Black/Red SLR Roadster I am going to trade up. Being in LA, the SLR roadster would definitely be a great weekend car here! ..I'm glad you love your CGT, it's truly one of the best looking cars on the road! Enjoy it and happy driving AMG1!!
A few months back, the dealer I bought my cars from, MB of South Bay in Torrance had an SLR roadster, Black/Red. I'm not sure if they still have it anymore. They also had a red SLR. Beautiful car.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:24 PM

Happy driving to you too! Ya I can imagine that LA traffic would be even worse than getting stuck in vegas stop and go with my ceramic clutch.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by QuadBenz
A few months back, the dealer I bought my cars from, MB of South Bay in Torrance had an SLR roadster, Black/Red. I'm not sure if they still have it anymore. They also had a red SLR. Beautiful car.
Thank for the info! .. It truly is a beautiful car, I'm starting to do some searching now for a Black with the 300SL red leather interior SLR Roadster, hopefully it wont be like trying to find a needle in a haystack!
Old 04-14-2009, 11:44 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
E550
Bentley FTW
Old 04-14-2009, 03:00 PM

'05 SL 55 Black/Black w/mods from Eurocharged/Kleemann/BuckheadImports
Thumbs up Pics of the Bentley SuperSport!

http://img.netcarshow.com/Bentley-Co...llpaper_01.jpg

http://img.netcarshow.com/Bentley-Co...llpaper_02.jpg

http://img.netcarshow.com/Bentley-Co...llpaper_03.jpg

http://img.netcarshow.com/Bentley-Co...llpaper_05.jpg

http://img.netcarshow.com/Bentley-Co...llpaper_06.jpg

http://img.netcarshow.com/Bentley-Co...llpaper_07.jpg

http://img.netcarshow.com/Bentley-Co...llpaper_08.jpg

http://img.netcarshow.com/Bentley-Co...llpaper_09.jpg

http://img.netcarshow.com/Bentley-Co...llpaper_0a.jpg

http://img.netcarshow.com/Bentley-Co...llpaper_10.jpg
Old 04-14-2009, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Link not working...
Old 04-14-2009, 07:34 PM

E-550 Coupe 2010 SE
go for the face-lifted S65... definitely... i would not want another 2 seater...

i see AMG1 just got a X5 4.8i!

I just got mine aswell.. its armored Level BR4... i love it! specially the rims...

here are some pics! you cant even really notice its armored...
Attached Thumbnails Facelifted S65 or Bentley Continental Supersports??-screen-capture.jpg   Facelifted S65 or Bentley Continental Supersports??-screen-capture-1.jpg   Facelifted S65 or Bentley Continental Supersports??-screen-capture-2.jpg   Facelifted S65 or Bentley Continental Supersports??-screen-capture-3.jpg  

Last edited by christiaan; 04-14-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:13 PM

06 CLS55 AMG & 08 CL65 Mystic White
Originally Posted by christiaan
go for the face-lifted S65... definitely... i would not want another 2 seater...

I just got mine aswell.. its armored Level BR4... i love it! specially the rims...

I'm trading in my 07 X5 4.8i. I loved everything but the transmission that could never seem to find the right gear for any given situation. I hope that you have better luck.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by christiaan

How much heavier then stock is your car?
Do you see any significant drop in performance?
As far as I know that level is to protect against random carjackings etc,not against any heavier,more serious attack by the pros, right?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Facelifted S65 or Bentley Continental Supersports??