S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

extended warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 01:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S63 AMG
extended warranty

Hey guys, I have been reading through all the old postings of extended warranties and such. I just purchased a 2008 S63 AMG with 41k miles on it, still under warranty until end of May 2011. I am looking to get an extended warranty and I keep seeing Fidelity and NAC as the top 2 to choose from. I called local Benz dealer and he quoted me

3yr 100k - $6,080
2yr 100k - $5,160
1yr 75k - $3,850
with no deductible of course.

I just think these prices are ridiculous. I am one of those "not super rich" persons that is looking to get the best aftermarket warranty. So I guess my question is, are Fidelity and NAC the best aftermarket warranty companies I should look into?

Also I couldn't find any contact info for NAC (I am trying to get a quote), is this only provided from specific dealers, or can I get a quote online?

With Fidelity, I saw a lot of posts that people go to local Fidelity warranted dealer (Honda, Kia, or whatever) and get it added on there. Would it be the same if I called or do I need to go in so they can do the inspection?

Thank you for all of your help, very confused and stressed on which warranty to get, yet very excited on getting my S63. It's getting shipped by next friday!!!
Old 04-29-2011, 07:08 AM

07 S65
I would call around to a few dealers and let them know you are going to be shopping them. You are always better keeping a factory MB warranty on these cars then going with an aftermarket warranty IMHO. I'm searching for an aftermarket warranty and it is a bit cheaper but they aren't going to cover near as much stuff as MB.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:36 PM

Garage Temporarily Empty
I bought my Fidelity Platinum warranty through a reputable private car dealer - Bruce Mendel.
He found me my current S600 and got me a Fidelity warranty.
I would use again in a second.

His email is email is brucem105@comcast.net.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:06 PM

2001 Lamborghini Diablo, 2009 SL65 (sold), 1998 CL600 (sold), 1989 560SEL (sold)
Originally Posted by Vabene7
I bought my Fidelity Platinum warranty through a reputable private car dealer - Bruce Mendel.
He found me my current S600 and got me a Fidelity warranty.
I would use again in a second.

His email is email is brucem105@comcast.net.
+1 on Bruce.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:34 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi, thank you for the referrals!

I can't offer services until I am set up as a sponsor. I requested that today so hopefully I can be more active here shortly.

As far as the two things I noted in this thread:

1. I can't speak to exactly what warranty the Benz dealer offered you. But $6000 for coverage on an S63 to 100K miles, assuming the coverage is exclusionary and the company is good, is not outrageously expensive. I know everyone wants a good deal, and hopefully you'll get one. But consider for a moment what it costs to repair an S63 at the Benz dealer, and how much money in claims that car can generate in the 40K-100K mileage period. You could easily submit $6K in claims in the next 60K miles....and I mean easily, without anything big like an engine or trans claim. I have tons of people with AMG and 600-class cars that paid $4K-$5K for coverage and submitted $10K+ in claims by end of warranty, and that's not uncommon.

2. Aftermarket warranties do not cover more or less than MB warranties (and I thought there are no MB extended warranties, just CPO??). It just dpeends on the coverage plan selected. You can get an aftermarket warranty that covers very little, and an MB one that covers a lot, or vice versa. As long as you find an exclusionary plan from a good company in the aftermarket, it'll be as good or better than anyhing MB has either CPO or extended.

Bruce
Old 04-29-2011, 06:35 PM

S63 AMG
research

So I got around to calling a few aftermarket warranty companies. Only 2 actually, I was trying to do it while at work.

EasyCare:

4yr 100K ($250 deductible) - $9,887
3yr 85k ($250 deductible) - $6,219

The lower deductibles were even higher....
I think the 50$ deductible was around $15,000!!!!

Fidelity
4yr 100k (0 deductible) - $5240

and have to add $150 surcharge for luxury dvd/navi system.

Palmetto Citizens (where I'm financing, they offered covg too)

4yr 90k (100 deductible) - $4,313
4yr 90k (250 deductible) - $3,262
3yr 85k (100 deductible) - $4,272
3yr 85k (250 deductible) - $3,232

I will be calling around Benz dealers on Monday to give you guys an update.

So any of these look good/bad so far????

EXCLUSIONS for FIDELITY

• THE FOLLOWING PARTS: CARBURETOR; BATTERY; BATTERY/BATTERY PACK ON HYBRID VEHICLES; SHOCK ABSORBERS; MANUAL TRANSMISSION CLUTCH ASSEMBLY; FRICTION CLUTCH DISC AND PRESSURE PLATE; THROWOUT BEARING; MANUAL AND HYDRAULIC LINKAGES; DISTRIBUTOR CAP AND ROTOR; SAFETY RESTRAINT SYSTEMS (INCLUDING AIR BAGS); GLASS; LENSES; SEALED BEAMS; LIGHT BULBS; BRAKE HARDWARE; ALL EXHAUST AND EMISSION COMPONENTS EXCEPT THOSE SPECIFICALLY LISTED UNDER THE COVERAGE SECTION OF THIS CONTRACT; WEATHER STRIPS; ALL TRIM, MOLDINGS, HANDLES, KNOBS OR DIALS; BRIGHT METAL; CHROME; UPHOLSTERY AND CARPET; PAINT; OUTSIDE ORNAMENTATION; BUMPERS; BODY SHEET METAL AND PANELS; TIRES AND WHEELS/RIMS; GPS NAVIGATION SYSTEMS; PHONE SYSTEMS; TV/VIDEO/ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEMS AND INTERNET ACCESS SYSTEMS UNLESS LUXURY ELECTRONICS OPTION HAS BEEN PURCHASED BY YOU AND ACCEPTED BY US. (it will be)
  • MAINTENANCE SERVICES AND PARTS DESCRIBED IN YOUR VEHICLE’S OWNER’S MANUAL AS SUPPLIED BY THE MANUFACTURER AND OTHER NORMAL MAINTENANCE SERVICES AND PARTS INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO: ALIGNMENTS; WHEEL BALANCING; TUNEUPS; SPARK PLUGS AND SPARK PLUG WIRES; GLOW PLUGS; HOSES; DRIVE BELTS; BRAKE PADS, LININGS, SHOES, DRUMS AND ROTORS; WIPER BLADES.
  • SHOP SUPPLY CHARGES; EPA DISPOSAL FEES; SPECIAL ORDER PARTS SHIPPING COST; PARTS LOCATOR RESEARCH FEE; STORAGE FEES; FILTERS, LUBRICANTS, COOLANTS, FLUIDS AND REFRIGERANTS EXCEPT WHEN REPLACEMENT IS REQUIRED DUE TO A COVERED FAILURE.
  • ANY COMPONENT NOT COVERED BY THE VEHICLE MANUFACTURER FOR THE FULL TERM OF THE VEHICLE WARRANTY IS EXCLUDED.
  • ANY FAILURE RESULTING FROM COLLISION; INTERNAL OR EXTERNAL FIRE; THEFT; VANDALISM; RIOT; EXPLOSION; LIGHTNING; EARTHQUAKE; FREEZING; RUST OR CORROSION; WINDSTORM; HAIL; WATER OR FLOOD; ACTS OF GOD; ACTS OF WAR; ACTS OF TERRORISM; SALT; ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE; CONTAMINATION OR LOSS OF FLUIDS, FUELS, COOLANTS OR LUBRICANTS; ABUSE; NEGLIGENCE; LACK OF NORMAL MAINTENANCE REQUIRED BY THE MANUFACTURER’S MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE FOR YOUR VEHICLE; IMPROPER SERVICING AFTER THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF THIS CONTRACT; SLUDGE BUILD-UP OR FAILURE TO MAINTAIN PROPER LEVELS OF LUBRICANTS AND/OR COOLANTS; NOT PROTECTING THE VEHICLE FROM FURTHER DAMAGE WHEN A FAILURE HAS OCCURRED.
  • ANY REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF A COVERED PART IF NO FAILURE HAS OCCURRED REGARDLESS OF REPAIR FACILITY RECOMMENDATIONS; OR IF THE WEAR ON THAT PART HAS NOT EXCEEDED THE FIELD TOLERANCES PERMITTED BY THE MANUFACTURER; ANY REPAIR NOT SPECIFICALLY AUTHORIZED BY US.
  • IF ANY ALTERATIONS HAVE BEEN MADE TO YOUR VEHICLE OR YOU ARE USING, OR HAVE USED, YOUR VEHICLE IN A MANNER NOT RECOMMENDED BY THE MANUFACTURER. THIS WILL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO: THE FAILURE OF ANY CUSTOM OR ADD-ON/AFTERMARKET PART REGARDLESS IF SUPPLIED BY A FRANCHISED DEALER OR NOT; ANY FRAME OR SUSPENSION MODIFICATIONS; LIFT KITS; OVERSIZED/UNDERSIZED TIRES OR WHEELS; TRAILER HITCHES; UNAUTHORIZED MODIFICATIONS TO ANY SYSTEM.
  • IF YOUR ODOMETER HAS CEASED TO WORK AND REPAIRS HAVE NOT BEEN IMMEDIATELY MADE; THE ODOMETER HAS BEEN ALTERED IN ANY WAY SUBSEQUENT TO PURCHASE; OR IF VEHICLE’S TRUE MILEAGE CANNOT BE DETERMINED
  • REPAIRS TO SEIZED OR DAMAGED ENGINES DUE TO CONTINUED OPERATION REGARDLESS OF CAUSE OR WITHOUT SUFFICIENT LUBRICANTS OR COOLANT. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAKING CERTAIN THAT THE OIL AND TEMPERATURE WARNING LIGHTS/GAUGES ARE FUNCTIONING PROPERLY. YOU MUST PULL OFF THE ROAD IMMEDIATELY AND DISCONTINUE VEHICLE OPERATION WHEN EITHER OF THESE LIGHTS/GAUGES INDICATES INADEQUATE PROTECTION OR PERFORMANCE OR WHEN OVERHEATING OCCURS.
  • ANY FAILURE OCCURRING PRIOR TO THE CONTRACT PURCHASE DATE, OR IF INFORMATION PROVIDED BY YOU OR A REPAIR FACILITY CANNOT BE VERIFIED AS ACCURATE OR IS FOUND TO BE DECEPTIVELY INACCURATE.
  • DAMAGE CAUSED BY PRE-IGNITION DETONATION, PINGING, IMPROPER/CONTAMINATED FUEL OR IMPROPER ENGINE ADJUSTMENTS.
EASYCARE EXCLUSIONS

1. MECHANICAL BREAKDOWN or FAILURE:
• When repairs are performed without prior authorization;
• Caused by negligence, misuse or abuse;
• Caused by a lack of maintenance, such as maintenance of the constant velocity joint boot, timing belt and brake pads (see maintenance requirements in section “C. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES”);
• Caused by any external cause such as collision,
theft, freezing, fire, vandalism, riot or explosion, lightning, earthquake, windstorm, hail, volcanic eruption, water or flood;
• Of any part damaged by fire; • Tire or wheel damage due to traffic accident, improper inflation, overloading, dry rot, tread separation, defective tire or curb impact damage;
• Wheel damage as a result of continued operation on a flat tire;
• Arising out of the FAILURE of an otherwise covered part whose FAILURE has been determined by the ADMINISTRATOR to be affected by modifications and/or alterations to the VEHICLE that does not meet the
manufacturer’s specifications, and have not been approved by the manufacturer’s authorized representative. (Some examples: oversized tires, headers, altered ignition system, free flow exhaust system, lift kit and aftermarket alarm systems);
• Related to optional coverage when the applicable optional coverage box in the Customer Information section has not been marked;
• Covered by warranty, repairer’s guarantee, other service contract, or insurance policy, regardless of whether each: can or cannot be honored or collected or is unavailable for any reason, including such entity or person providing the warranty, repairer’s guaranty, other service contract or insurance policy has ceased normal business operations, has bankruptcy proceedings commenced by or against it or a receiver or trustee is appointed to oversee the property of such entity or person or such entity or person makes an assignment for the benefit of creditors;
• Of any part(s), components(s) or repair(s) described as covered by the manufacturer, distributor or importer’s warranty for the term and mileage of such coverage at the time of first retail sale, regardless of whether such warranty for part(s), component(s) or repairs(s): can or cannot be honored or collected or is invalidated for any reason, including if the manufacturer, distributor or importer has ceased normal business operations, has bankruptcy proceedings commenced by or against it or a receiver or trustee is appointed to oversee the property of such entity or such entity makes an assignment for the benefit of creditors;
• If YOUR VEHICLE is used for racing on or off road, competition or speed contests;
• Where it is determined that for more than one (1) month or 1,000 miles the odometer has been inaccurate, inoperative or altered so that the VEHICLE’S true mileage cannot be verified;
• That is a direct result of a mechanical or structural defect when the manufacturer, distributor, or importer has announced a public recall for the purpose of correcting such defect regardless of whether the manufacturer, distributor, or importer can or cannot honor or correct such recalled defect or is unavailable for any reason, including such entity or person providing the public recall has ceased normal business operations, has bankruptcy proceedings commenced by or against it or a receiver or trustee is appointed to oversee the property of such entity or person or such entity or person makes an assignment for the benefit of creditors;
• Due to continued operation and failure to protect the VEHICLE from further damage caused by lack of necessary coolants or lubricants;
Due to lack of lubrication from sludge or varnish, regardless of cause;
• Of a covered part damaged by a non-covered part;
• Of a non-covered part damaged by a covered part, unlessYOU haveTOTALCare coverage, as indicated in the Customer Information section of this VSC;
• Of a covered part which is damaged by or as a result of sludge, fuel or lubricant contamination, rust or corrosion;
• Any damage resulting from pre-ignition or detonation, regardless of cause;
• That occurs prior to this VSC’S effective date or is reported after this VSC’S expiration.
2. Loss of time, inconvenience, bodily injury and property damage, or other incidental or consequential damage that results from MECHANICAL BREAKDOWN or FAILURE.
3. Storage and freight charges.
4. Repairs to any non-covered parts.
5. The cost of teardown, disassembly or assembly if
coverage cannot be applied.
6. Diagnostic and/or teardown procedures that are
not listed, or are in excess of the times listed in the current year’s national flat rate hourly guide in conjunction with a covered repair.
7. Adjustments necessary to correct squeaks, rattles, water leaks or wind noise.
8. Maintenance/Parts: a. Unless required as part of a covered repair and
YOU have TOTALCare coverage: parts and normal maintenance items/procedures such as engine tune-ups, spark plugs, spark plug wires, glow plugs, filters, brake pads, brake shoes, brake linings, brake rotor, suspension alignment, wheel balancing, hoses, air conditioning lines and hoses, belts and wiper blades.
b. Unless required as part of a covered repair: adjustments, lubricants, coolants and fluids. c. Other maintenance services and parts
described in the manufacturer’s maintenance
schedule for the covered VEHICLE.
9. Other Parts not covered:
c. If YOU selected TOTALCare: non-factory installed telephones, radar detectors and C.B. radios, VCRs, DVD players, navigation systems, AM/FM radios, cassette players, C.D.players and speakers, graphic equalizers (unless an integral part of the factory installed radio).
d. Bright metal, sheet metal, bumpers, ornamentation moldings, carpet, upholstery, paint, exhaust system, catalytic converter, brake drums, MacPherson strut cartridge insert or shock absorbers, batteries, battery cables, lenses, light bulbs, sealed beams, glass, wheel covers, wheels, interior trim, carburetor, manual clutch components, body seals and gaskets (e.g., weather stripping).
e. Convertible tops, glass, plastic, framing, cables, seals or motor (convertible top motor is covered under TOTALCare).
10. The repair of valves and/or rings for the purpose of raising the engine’s compression when a MECHANICAL BREAKDOWN or FAILURE has not occurred.
11. Additional loss or damage which is occasioned by this VSC holder or operator’s failure to use all reasonable precautions to protect the VEHICLE from any further loss or damage after a MECHANICAL BREAKDOWN or FAILURE has occurred.
12. Any costs if verifiable receipts as required in section “C. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES” are not furnished
Old 04-30-2011, 12:44 AM

S63 AMG
Okay disregard that quote on Fidelity. Come to find out after more research on these threads it was from the bad fidelity (Fidelity Automotive Solutions based out in Florida), which has a C- rating on the BBB site and isn't BBB accredited.

http://www.bbb.org/south-east-florid...ch-fl-92016567
Old 04-30-2011, 12:46 AM

S63 AMG
PHEW.........dodged a bullet there...thank god for these forums
Old 04-30-2011, 01:12 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by jigupatel
PHEW.........dodged a bullet there...thank god for these forums
You have no idea. You'd get more satisfaction out of lighting that money on fire than getting a warranty from certain companies.

Bruce
Old 05-01-2011, 04:57 PM

Garage Temporarily Empty
It has been mine, and many other satisified customers experiences, that have used Bruce Mendel, owner of Becks Imports, to purchase us top of the line vehicles and warranties. We all have the same experience....Peace of Mind.

He knows more than you can imagine about not only warranties for our cars, but the cars themselves (like what is prone to go wrong).

Let Bruce provide you with some references to contact and watch the feedback you receive about him. I don't want to be too much of a cheerleader here, but I had a great experience with him and that is very hard to find. Too many people will sell you whatever they can to make their money. Not him.

Like I said, I would use him again in a second.

-Chris
Old 05-03-2011, 12:07 AM

07 S65
Has anyone heard or Continental Warranty Inc? They have an A- on BBB. My local MB dealer is selling this warranty and my mechanic there says that it seems to be a great warranty compared to some of the others they've had to use. Does anyone on here know anything about this warranty and know how good it really is? I really need to get a warranty on this car but don't want to just buy something that isn't going to work.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:29 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by DJE55
Has anyone heard or Continental Warranty Inc? They have an A- on BBB. My local MB dealer is selling this warranty and my mechanic there says that it seems to be a great warranty compared to some of the others they've had to use. Does anyone on here know anything about this warranty and know how good it really is? I really need to get a warranty on this car but don't want to just buy something that isn't going to work.
Continental is OK..not the worst out there, but far from the best. Keep in mind I am biased, I sell competing products and do not sell Continental.

Getting a reference from your shop is always good..if they like them and have had good experiences in the past, that's a great first step. Sometimes that's due to a good relationship between the SA and the claims adjuster, or because the dealers sells them the company makes sure they get a decent claims experience.

Sometimes those cases are risky, though, because a new SA, if they stop selling the plans, or if you need to go to a different dealer, you can have a VERY different experience. I believe that's the case with Continental, as they are legendary in the warranty industry for a few negative things.

The first is sales tactics. They sell direct, not just through dealers. Give them a call sometime and see what your experience is like. Most people let go a string of profanity after finally getting off the phone with them, IF they can get off the phone to begin with. Think of the movie "Tin Men".

Then the claims experience can be bad too. For just one example, see here (and note that these are very recent experiences, not like an old site with dead information):

http://continental-warranty.pissedconsumer.com/

As always, buyer beware, and your experience may differ from what I write here. If you'd like me to get you a quote, just email me at brucem105@comcast.net, with car's VIN# and current odometer reading.

Thanks for reference and kind words Vabene7!

Bruce
Old 05-03-2011, 08:26 PM

Garage Temporarily Empty
Anytime Bruce....
As I have said since the day you delivered it, I love my S600 and thank GOD for the warranty you suggested. It was worth every penny!
I had a recent single claim with my warranty company (nearly $9k) and no problems getting it approved. It took some finesse from the shop owner who is working on the car, but that comes with the territory.

A big THANKS to you, Bruce for getting me solid information on my car, a great warranty and a great performance shop.

Last edited by Vabene7; 05-03-2011 at 08:28 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:01 PM

S63 AMG
Hey guys, I wanted to give you an update on my decision of extended warranty coverage.

I have been talking to Tim Sorrick tsorrick@modestoeuropean.com at Modesto European about extending the Mercedes Benz warranty on my
2008 s63 amg with 41k miles on it. He gave me a price of $3389 for 3yr/75k.

He has been really prompt to my emails and very up front and honest about everything. Great guy to talk and also very professional. After calling almost 15 dealers, and then running into this site and taking the recommendation to call him and Rich Carlson out in Texas, Tim gave me the best price. He actually matched Rich's price and went a little lower! Anyway I just wanna give a thumbs up to him and let you guys know that he gets a A+ in my book. Deal with him, you won't be disappointed.

you can reach Tim Sorrick at:
Tim Sorrick
Finance Manager
Modesto European
3900 McHenry Ave
Modesto, CA 95356
209-522-8100
209-550-8225 Direct Line
209-575-7551 Fax

Aside:
Bruce Mendel has been helping me every step of the way. He actually got me familiar with most of this stuff and his been helping me in my decision process. If I didn't go with this Mercedes deal, my 2nd choice was the NAC coverage that Bruce was offering. So if you aren't eligible for the Mercedes Extended, definately go with NAC with Bruce, trust me, I've done my research.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:05 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
PORSCHE PANAMERA TURBO LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO SL600 E55 BRABUS*SOLD*
Is it possible to get a warranty on an 06 S65? I've located a private party car I'm considering.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by AZBENZ-CTSV
Is it possible to get a warranty on an 06 S65? I've located a private party car I'm considering.
How many miles does it have? And where is it, and what color? I might be able to help you negotiate a price on it.

Thanks jigupatel for the kind words!

Bruce
Old 05-15-2011, 04:34 PM

2007 E63 AMG
Hey guys, I wanted to give you an update on my decision of extended warranty coverage.

I have been talking to Tim Sorrick tsorrick@modestoeuropean.com at Modesto European about extending the Mercedes Benz warranty on my

He has been really prompt to my emails and very up front and honest about everything. Great guy to talk and also very professional. After calling almost 15 dealers, and then running into this site and taking the recommendation to call him and Rich Carlson out in Texas, Tim gave me the best price. He actually matched Rich's price and went a little lower! Anyway I just wanna give a thumbs up to him and let you guys know that he gets a A+ in my book. Deal with him, you won't be disappointed.

you can reach Tim Sorrick at:
Tim Sorrick
Finance Manager
Modesto European
3900 McHenry Ave
Modesto, CA 95356
209-522-8100
209-550-8225 Direct Line
209-575-7551 Fax

Aside:
Bruce Mendel has been helping me every step of the way. He actually got me familiar with most of this stuff and his been helping me in my decision process. If I didn't go with this Mercedes deal, my 2nd choice was the NAC coverage that Bruce was offering. So if you aren't eligible for the Mercedes Extended, definately go with NAC with Bruce, trust me, I've done my research.

+1 here as Tim got me a great deal on my extended warranty on my E63 as well. FYI I went with EasyCare Total Coverage.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:38 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Ford Fusion
Exclamation

Hey guys, I have been reading through all the old postings of extended warranties and such. I just purchased a 2008 S63 AMG with 41k miles on it, still under warranty until end of May 2011. I am looking to get an extended warranty and I keep seeing Fidelity and NAC as the top 2 to choose from. I called local Benz dealer and he quoted me

3yr 100k - $6,080
2yr 100k - $5,160
1yr 75k - $3,850
with no deductible of course.

I just think these prices are ridiculous. I am one of those "not super rich" persons that is looking to get the best aftermarket warranty. So I guess my question is, are Fidelity and NAC the best aftermarket warranty companies I should look into?

Also I couldn't find any contact info for NAC (I am trying to get a quote), is this only provided from specific dealers, or can I get a quote online?

With Fidelity, I saw a lot of posts that people go to local Fidelity warranted dealer (Honda, Kia, or whatever) and get it added on there. Would it be the same if I called or do I need to go in so they can do the inspection?

Thank you for all of your help, very confused and stressed on which warranty to get, yet very excited on getting my S63. It's getting shipped by next friday!!!

Please also consider autoPOM! amoung the top extended coverage providers for Mercedes. Our mechanical breakdown protection plans are backed and administered by Mercury Insurance Group. Their Platinum plan is designed to provide comparable extended coverage offered by the manufacturer's extended warranty.

I agree that the dealer prices are rediculous. I would like to suggest our 48 Month / 100,000 Mile Platinum coverage currently offered for $4740 (we also have monthly payment plans with no interest). Our 'Platinum' coverage is 'named exclusion' coverage and is commonly referred to as bumper-to-bumper. Also currently available for your vehicle is our 48 Month / 75000 Mile Platinum coverage for only $3505.

There is a $100 deductible per occurrence. You can take your MB to any licensed repair facility in the US or Canada (including the dealer). The repair facility is paid directly by credit card.

More information is available here...

http://www.extended-vehicle-warranty...?affid=mbworld

Price quote assumes 2008 MB S63 AMG, 41,000 Miles, 2WD, Different pricing may apply in CA, OR, ID, AK & FL.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited by autoPOM; 05-22-2011 at 01:40 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-22-2011, 05:54 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
PORSCHE PANAMERA TURBO LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO SL600 E55 BRABUS*SOLD*
local Mercedes dealer...... they have United auto great coverage.
3 Year $3,600 on a 2006 S65 with 25k on the dial.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:27 PM

2016 GL450
Need Quote for BUMPER TO BUMPER EXTENDED WARRANTY

hELLO Bruce,

Please get me quote for Bumper to Bumper EW for the following R-Class. VINs are:

1) 4JGCB65EX7A036714

2) 4JGCB65E18A081896

Thanks
Old 06-14-2011, 06:41 AM

07 S65
I have got to pull the trigger on a warranty guys. I have heard good things about Fidelity and Easy Care but of course when you search them you find complaints about both. What the heck! Is there a aftermarket car warranty out there that is solid or are they all just mediocre? Which of the two of these is the better from you guys opinion?
Old 06-14-2011, 08:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 Mclaren 720s, 2021 Aston Martin DBX

I was running out of warranty and went with the MB plan last month. It is a no deductible and no processing wait time that could happen with aftermarket. I have no worries about coverage or them going out of business. I got a price from Rich within the range he has quoted to others over the last 6 months for the 3/75 which was a lot better than Florida's regulated fixed retail price policy and charging sale tax.

https://mbworld.org/forums/s55-amg-s...ice-found.html
Old 06-14-2011, 09:26 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

I have got to pull the trigger on a warranty guys. I have heard good things about Fidelity and Easy Care but of course when you search them you find complaints about both. What the heck! Is there a aftermarket car warranty out there that is solid or are they all just mediocre? Which of the two of these is the better from you guys opinion?
You'll find complaints about everyone, including MB's new-car warranty, CPO and ELW as well. It's just the nature of the internet, unhappy people post their experiences. Some of them are justified in their complaints, some are not but they post just the same!

That being said, there are plenty of crappy warranty companies, and some good ones. The thing that's hard to keep in perspective is that it's not complaints that are so important, it's the complaint ratio, and that's very hard, if not impossible, to figure out.

For example, if you search for Fidelity complaints (and be very careful because there are lots of companies that use Fidelity, Fidelis, etc in their names to try and sound like the good Fidelity company and so you'll think the complaints are all about the same company which they are not), if I look hard I can find find about 10-20 a month of them.

Now, if Fidelity sells 1000 warranties a month, that's not great. 20 to 1000 ratio of people actually posting means there are probably more than don't post. So that ratio is not good and could be a red flag (asssuming they are all about the Fidelity we're discussing). If Fidelity sells 5000 warranties a month, that's more reasonable. If they sell 10K per month, it's totoally normal ratio. In reality, Fidelity sells close to 20K warranties per month, so the ratio is actually VERY good.

If you want the best, check out MB or Fidelity. NAC is also very good but they won't write 12-cylinder cars. Easy Care is good too but not quite as good as either MB or Fidelity. Fidelity is used by Audi for all their Pure Platinum factory extended warranties...for all intents and purposes, they are the exact equivalent to MB's ELW (except you can go to indy or dealer, your choice).

Bruce
Old 06-15-2011, 01:08 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Ford Fusion
If you want the best, you owe it to yourself to check out mechanical breakdown protection by autoPOM!

Our plans are insured by American Mercury Insurance Company and administered by Mercury Select Management Company.

Follow the links above to confirm A+ ratings with the Better Business Bureau. Mercury is also rated A+ with A.M. Best.

Mercury has been providing mechanical breakdown protection plans since 1975 - longer than any of the competition mentioned here.

Check out our very competitive pricing using our self-service, instant quote calculator. You can use this tool anonymously to get a no-hassle quote. It is located here...

http://www.extended-vehicle-warranty...ant-quote.html

You can review the coverage plans here....

http://www.extended-vehicle-warranty...nce-group.html

Upon careful inspection, you will find that our 'Platinum' coverage is comparable or better than the extended plan offered by MB. Plus, you can take your MB to any licensed repair facility in the US or Canada.

Thanks!
Mike Jones
autoPOM!

Last edited by autoPOM; 06-15-2011 at 01:33 AM.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:38 PM

07 S65
Does anyone on here have any dealings with AutoPom? I haven't heard of them and know very little about them until today.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: extended warranty