S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

S63 Hydrolock?! Injector stuck my life is over...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2021 | 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CL 600
Ok get offensive about it. I'm trying to help, have been since i started posting in this thread. If you wanna take it as me being temperamental, more power to you. I've posted hundreds of helpful things on this forum in the years I've been here. But what do I know.
Old 05-09-2021 | 11:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This place is a joke.
Is this car in the junkyard yet?
Old 05-16-2021 | 10:03 AM

ML350
Wink Trying to restore a W166 GLS350d water affected Engine

Originally Posted by Sal Astorga
I’m not sure why the shop that I took it to did not give me a repair estimate. They were a German performance shop affiliated with Bosch and I figured that this problem was right up their alley. But they seemed put off by the whole situation and kind intimidated. I talk to another mechanic who recommended I find a different shop because of the attitude of the shop that I was currently using. I feel the exact same way. The Attitude theyhad was unprofessional I would have to say. It’s OK no hard feelings I’m glad they did not try and crank the engine Over and over. Umm ... so I don’t know why they didn’t try and look further into or investigate further.

Hi there,
Good day
I am trying to restore a water affected W166 GLS350d engine? I have removed glow plugs and poured diesel > W40 > TRANSMISSION FLUIDS > Then drained all the oil and cranked the engine without glow plugs on it and fuel line removed... the engine cranked, centre bearing rotating all right and observed compression from all cylinders OK and no weird noise. now I put back the plugs and connected fuel line..cleared all fault codes with my scan tool.. but it is not starting > Fuel not pumping and also seen in some other forum it has a safety fuse inside Prefuse box in engine compartment that will turn off engine starting after airbags/seatbelts sensor faults...in this case airbags are ok but seat belts pretension is gone. Just wondering would you be able to shed some light to save that engine..? also I could not locate any screws etc to remove the Prefuse box...any instructions/video on that? Pls reply. Not sure is it against forum rule that I shouldn't share my email Id. TIA

*Now Checked resistance with multimeter > all fuses in Prefuse Box in the engine compartment and all fuses in prefuse box are OK > so it is something else > does anyone have a W166 Service Manual? TIA
The following users liked this post:
biker349 (05-16-2021)
Old 06-19-2021 | 06:14 PM

08 S63
Junkyard 08 S63!?!

the car was fixed for about $800 and is running great! as for as the posters that lent their two cents that were saying the car was worthless, headed for a junkyard or destroyed or whatever other stink that manifested from their brain(<) and onto the keyboard, should try and hold their flap (mouth) a little better .If you don't know what you're talkin about why speak?. It's people like that that can make somones situation feel that much more worse, when in reality it's not, it's just the other people projecting hatred or negativity or jealousy into this world. This growing pop of fools mostly amateurs themselves on the topic at hand are a diseases that can spread. So stay positive and thanks for the replies that actually helped me understand Hydrolock. Peace the luck out. $al
biker349 (06-22-2021)
Old 06-19-2021 | 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 MB S55 AMG; '04 Audi Allroad 4.2; '05 BMW M3 Conv.; '92 MB 500E
Originally Posted by Sal28
the car was fixed for about $800 and is running great! as for as the posters that lent their two cents that were saying the car was worthless, headed for a junkyard or destroyed or whatever other stink that manifested from their brain(<) and onto the keyboard, should try and hold their flap (mouth) a little better .If you don't know what you're talkin about why speak?. It's people like that that can make somones situation feel that much more worse, when in reality it's not, it's just the other people projecting hatred or negativity or jealousy into this world. This growing pop of fools mostly amateurs themselves on the topic at hand are a diseases that can spread. So stay positive and thanks for the replies that actually helped me understand Hydrolock. Peace the luck out. $al
What was the fix?

maw
Old 06-19-2021 | 07:14 PM

08 S63
Fix

Maw it was actually nothing really. I replace the oil.I replaced the oil filter and I replaced the injectors. I got the parts cleaner and sprayed it down the ports for the injectors with a long rubber tube that could allow me to direct the spray and let it sit for a couple of minutes. Then I sucked it out with a POWERFUL dry vac. I was glad that I did that because there was a lot of stuff in there and it was actually relatively easy and made the inside of my cylinders look brand new. Not sure if it was the injector itself going bad or I wired it backwards for THE number 5 injector. But my belief is I think I crossed the 12 volt wire with the negative wire or ground wire. This is important for all m156 owners because I have read and heard from Mercedes-Benz Tech that they have been getting a slew of m156 engines with injectors getting stuck open causing hydrolock so that was important and important for everybody else to know. Whether that happened to me or not it's a warning for all m156 owners to make sure they replace the injectors because they do get stuck open and if can cause Hydrolock which in my case it did. But to this day I'm not quite sure which it was. In the and it turned out being that the S connector for the starter was loose and that's why my motor was not starting. So because of that trying to start the car with that terminal loose it cause the motor to hydrolock with the injector stuck open. I hope that makes sense if anybody has any questions just go ahead and ask. I'm not an expert never have been and never will be but I have had this experience and it's been I dragged but all is good and the car is running as good as ever and once again I'm happy you Mercedes owner. For now that is. I understand these cars are what they are so I try and take care of my car as best as possible and hope everyone else does too.
biker349 (06-22-2021)
Old 06-19-2021 | 07:26 PM

08 S63
Fix

I was very close as for fixing the car I just finally decided you know what I'm going to take it to a shop that I found had high marks and the software to diagnose these cars and their ecu's I dabbled around a little bit with the fuses and Sam modules and realized the S connector terminal at the starter was not getting the 12 volts signal when needed. So when I took it to the auto shop I game heads up just say in hey guys I think the S terminal is not receiving power from e c u.
Old 06-19-2021 | 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

maw

Last edited by maw1124; 06-19-2021 at 08:11 PM.
Old 06-19-2021 | 08:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by maw1124
^^^ This... quit while you're ahead (cranking by hand) and get the car to a pro. Be happy it cranks by hand for now. You've reached your limit and are in over your head. Trying to save you any more pain.

maw
Originally Posted by maw1124
All I can say is, when my friends buy flood cars to fix and resell, "drop the pan, let it drain, check for metal and see if you see anything in the pan or if anything is bent" is step one... most flood SClasses are victims of lazy insurance adjusters only.

But again, I'm not a mechanic. My car is not broken.

GL

maw
That sounds an awful lot like “get the car to a shop” and “drain everything and see what’s in there”… but glad you got it sorted.

maw
Old 06-21-2021 | 04:08 AM

08 S63
Junkyard 08 S63!?!

E55GreaseMonkey, Wofooshe and Italian_Joe1 thanks. Like I said all along I felt the engine was not junk. Others here sought to insist otherwise. Incredible. I think you can say that it wasn't luck or my gut feeling or the ignorance of others in offering bad... No wait horrible advice. The M156 engine can survive Hydrolock via stuck injector without sustaining ANY major repairs. Keep injectors fresh! My car locked up before starting. Major factor without a doubt. Its a small percentage of people out there who have any sound advice/knowledge of what they advise. That's apparently in abundance in this instance. Like a car filters out contaminants in the oil we should filter the advice we heed.