C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

C450 AMG Sport discussion only.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-31-2016, 10:52 AM

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
2019 E63S
Originally Posted by Maritime
The censor has yet to affect me, nor have I had any sensor issues.
Better call Saul if they don't cover it!
Old 03-31-2016, 11:00 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 c450
Censor it.
Old 03-31-2016, 11:40 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by tmoneyC450amg
Better call Saul if they don't cover it!
Jimmy Mcgills company car is indeed a mercedes, not a C450 though. It appears to have some crappy cup-holders however.
Old 03-31-2016, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
None
Originally Posted by benz2016
Hey guys,

So I bought my C450 this January and have been riding it ever since. 2 days ago, I got a message on the dash saying "Check brake pad wear." I only had the car for 2 months and have driven it 2,500 miles. I mainly drive the car in comfort mode and barely push it to it's limit. I called the Mercedes-Benz service center and asked them to book an appointment for me to get the car checked. After talking to the receptionist, she said it was probably a problem with the censor. I asked her if I would be charged anything, and she said it would cost $160 for a diagnostic check. After telling her how I only had the car for a short period of time and that I got it from them, she then talked to her manager and said that I would not be charged at all for the diagnostic. My question is that if after the diagnostic they find a problem with the car, such as a faulty censor, should I end up having to pay for it or should I expect the warranty on the car to cover it. I don't want to end up paying money that I shouldn't have to. And has anyone experienced this either?

Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks.
Here in Canada, wear-n-tear items are covered within the first 2 years as well. Brake pads included. Not sure about the US...
Old 03-31-2016, 12:41 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2016 C450 AMG, 2009 C300, 2001 C320 2001 CLK430, 95 E500
Originally Posted by YashaR8
Jimmy Mcgills company car is indeed a mercedes, not a C450 though. It appears to have some crappy cup-holders however.
yes, not the actual over engineered cup-holder that was actually in that model.
Old 03-31-2016, 12:54 PM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
My order changing window closes in about a week, and I've begun second guessing my exterior choice. What are your guys' thoughts?

* All will be with the Saddle Brown Designo interior, as I love that and will not change it*

Old 03-31-2016, 01:01 PM

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
2020 GLC43
Originally Posted by inhartwetrust
My order changing window closes in about a week, and I've begun second guessing my exterior choice. What are your guys' thoughts?

* All will be with the Saddle Brown Designo interior, as I love that and will not change it*
Most of the 205 I see are white in my area, so that's the reason I went with grey. Because I'm sicks of cleaning black car as well and grey goes well with the black out windows.

That's my 2 cents anyway.
Old 03-31-2016, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Xtrema
Most of the 205 I see are white in my area, so that's the reason I went with grey. Because I'm sicks of cleaning black car as well and grey goes well with the black out windows.

That's my 2 cents anyway.
I originally ordered white, then I realize 1) I have a white car now, 2) as you said, everyone has white it seems.

So then I decided I liked the dark grey and black. I might like the black the best, but as you said, keeping it clean would be a nightmare. So I am leaning steel grey, and I think it would contrast very well with the brown interior (and be unique), but I have some people adamantly disagreeing with me on this.
Old 03-31-2016, 01:08 PM

2016 C450 AMG
I agree with extrema. Black looks amazing...for 45 minutes after detailing. White is fairly sharp as well in my book, but gray and silver look great under various ambient lighting situations, show off the sculpted lines better in my book, as well. This is purely subjective, I'm sure other have differing opinions ( I'm also partial to the midnight blue), but I don't think there is a wrong choice to be had here
Old 03-31-2016, 01:11 PM

I agree with extrema. Black looks amazing...for 45 minutes after detailing. White is fairly sharp as well in my book, but gray and silver look great under various ambient lighting situations, show off the sculpted lines better in my book, as well. This is purely subjective, I'm sure other have differing opinions ( I'm also partial to the midnight blue), but I don't think there is a wrong choice to be had here
I like midnight blue as well, but my best friends Beemer is that color, and I had it two cars ago haha.
Old 03-31-2016, 01:21 PM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
2015 C300 Sport 4MATIC
It appears to have some crappy cup-holders however.
when his cup doesn't fit "It must be metric"

Old 03-31-2016, 02:14 PM

Has anyone seen the steel grey with saddle brown Designo interior in person? If so, how did it look?

In my mind, it would like great...but pretty much everyone else I've talked to disagrees.
Old 03-31-2016, 03:35 PM

2016 C450 AMG
tough for me to picture unless seeing it in person, it would look fetching with a silver exterior. Just ask Knowledge.
Old 03-31-2016, 04:18 PM
cl3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C300 4matic
The exterior of the white car looks better because the contrast of the grille and wheels is more pronounced. With the dark shade, everything merges together. The Designo saddle brown seats are really lux.

I vote for the white. It's my choice also (diamond white) with saddle interior.
Old 03-31-2016, 04:46 PM

tough for me to picture unless seeing it in person, it would look fetching with a silver exterior. Just ask Knowledge.
Best visual I can give is this side by side...(note that I'm sticking with the Linden Wood trim, not the silver carbon fiber as pictured)

God damn I think that looks sexy, doesn't even matter that everyone else in my social circle is disagreeing with me...I know my gut is right here.

Originally Posted by cl3
The exterior of the white car looks better because the contrast of the grille and wheels is more pronounced. With the dark shade, everything merges together. The Designo saddle brown seats are really lux.

I vote for the white. It's my choice also (diamond white) with saddle interior.
Agree, I love the white/black contrast. If I didn't own a white car, I'd be all over it as originally planned...but that paired with how many white C classes I see around, I'm getting the itch to be different.
Old 03-31-2016, 05:03 PM

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts
2019 E63S
looks to me like you forgot to add the Lighting Package, hart. Be sure to add that to your build before the window closes! Also, MM is a must! I regret not getting MM
Old 03-31-2016, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by tmoneyC450amg
looks to me like you forgot to add the Lighting Package, hart. Be sure to add that to your build before the window closes! Also, MM is a must! I regret not getting MM
Just an error from me rushing to get the car built on the German sites so I could pull the pics together here at work...I've got both the Lighting and MM packages on my actual build. Good looking out though, bro...appreciate it!
Old 03-31-2016, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 557 Likes on 474 Posts
2016 C300
Palladium Silver (which at one point was Palladium Grey and years ago was called Pewter) is a midtone metallic gray with a little bid of gold in the flop. That to my eye would best bridge the exterior with the rich brown of the seats since they're in the same color family. The configurator doesn't quite capture it. Depending on the light it's two slightly different hues.

Straight gray has too much bluish undertone to my eye but would still be handsome with the brown seats. Black of course works but isn't special. Diamond White works and looks great with the pano roof, although a three stage pearl doesn't look as glossy or deep as straight base coat/clearcoat two stage.

The trim is tougher. There's a lot of red in the lindenwood, although I agree it's the best option for the brown seats. Not sure any of that helped.
Old 03-31-2016, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mike5215
Palladium Silver (which at one point was Palladium Grey and years ago was called Pewter) is a midtone metallic gray with a little bid of gold in the flop. That to my eye would best bridge the exterior with the rich brown of the seats since they're in the same color family. The configurator doesn't quite capture it. Depending on the light it's two slightly different hues.

Straight gray has too much bluish undertone to my eye but would still be handsome with the brown seats. Black of course works but isn't special. Diamond White works and looks great with the pano roof, although a three stage pearl doesn't look as glossy or deep as straight base coat/clearcoat two stage.

The trim is tougher. There's a lot of red in the lindenwood, although I agree it's the best option for the brown seats. Not sure any of that helped.
It does, a lot. I agree Palladium Silver looks great with the brown interior (ala my man Knowledge's ride), but I have a mental block against having a silver car. Just not for me. Also agree their is a slight blue to the Steel Grey, which I believe works in favor of matching the brown (I believe the navy blue looks the best with the brown interior, technically), but I am going to have to head to the dealership tomorrow to see it in person. Online photos on the configurator can be deceiving.

Also agree about the Linden Wood, I actually like the silver carbon fiber with the brown interior...but I am dead set on the inside of the car being 100% luxury and 0% race car. Otherwise, I'd be making that change as well. I still think, as you said, the Linden Wood looks great with the brown seats...and I find it to be a very dark wood tone.

Appreciate the well thought out input.
Old 03-31-2016, 05:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
Sure. I'm partial to the color myself. It sort of splits the difference between true silver (Irridium) which is too light and washed out and Gray which is too, you know...Gray. Just enough brown undertone I think to handle the transition to the brown interior. (I'm sure you know what the color looks like, just doing my bit to spread the Palladium word ) It also happens to be the exact shade of the painted areas on the non-black wheels, which gives the whole car a sophisticated, cohesive look IMO.

Last edited by Mike5215; 03-31-2016 at 05:58 PM.
Old 03-31-2016, 05:58 PM

2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by inhartwetrust
It does, a lot. I agree Palladium Silver looks great with the brown interior (ala my man Knowledge's ride), but I have a mental block against having a silver car. Just not for me. Also agree their is a slight blue to the Steel Grey, which I believe works in favor of matching the brown (I believe the navy blue looks the best with the brown interior, technically), but I am going to have to head to the dealership tomorrow to see it in person. Online photos on the configurator can be deceiving.

Also agree about the Linden Wood, I actually like the silver carbon fiber with the brown interior...but I am dead set on the inside of the car being 100% luxury and 0% race car. Otherwise, I'd be making that change as well. I still think, as you said, the Linden Wood looks great with the brown seats...and I find it to be a very dark wood tone.

Appreciate the well thought out input.
I'm actually in the same boat you are, when I visit the dealer in April I will have a tough time deciding between Palladium Silver ( for all the great reasons Mike mentioned), Polar White (love that contrast), and Steel Grey. I would personally prefer the natural grain black ash wood with the designo brown, but that combo seems next to impossible to find. Linden wood is a close second. I am on the same wavelength regarding style. The interior is my pre and post-work sanctuary, needs that mercedes luxury feel while I'm letting the tongue hang out with the driving style/dynamics. That's why I didn't consider those touches of red stitching/seatbelts etc...

Curious to hear what your thoughts are about the saddle brown/steel grey combo after you've seen them in person.
Old 03-31-2016, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
I'm actually in the same boat you are, when I visit the dealer in April I will have a tough time deciding between Palladium Silver ( for all the great reasons Mike mentioned), Polar White (love that contrast), and Steel Grey. I would personally prefer the natural grain black ash wood with the designo brown, but that combo seems next to impossible to find. Linden wood is a close second. I am on the same wavelength regarding style. The interior is my pre and post-work sanctuary, needs that mercedes luxury feel while I'm letting the tongue hang out with the driving style/dynamics. That's why I didn't consider those touches of red stitching/seatbelts etc...

Curious to hear what your thoughts are about the saddle brown/steel grey combo after you've seen them in person.
The brown seats look rich as all hell, but man do they pin you down on the other colors and finishes. I ended up ordering a car (a 300) and it was more painless than I thought. My dealer intercepted a car scheduled for production two weeks out. It was allocated as inventory to another dealer, but they just made a call and traded an allotment to them. Less than 60 days later, there she was, exactly what I wanted.

Now let me throw in a wrinkle. Crystal Grey Nappa, with Black Ash. The grain variations in Black Ash "read" as gray tones, which aren't real evident unless they have the Crystal (white) door inserts and seats for contrast. This is my interior:

Picture that but with the Nappa.

Last edited by Mike5215; 03-31-2016 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-31-2016, 06:37 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Another vote for white (bit biased), pearl white if possible (wasn't available when I ordered mine).

The contrast between the white and the black roof, mirrors, bi-color wheels and door trim is fantastic. Add tinted rear windows (20%) and it's the perfect amount of black and white! Very happy with mine, only thing I would change is the pearl white instead of polar white if I could... But polar white is very nice for a non-pearl white...
Old 03-31-2016, 07:30 PM

2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by Mike5215
The brown seats look rich as all hell, but man do they pin you down on the other colors and finishes. I ended up ordering a car (a 300) and it was more painless than I thought. My dealer intercepted a car scheduled for production two weeks out. It was allocated as inventory to another dealer, but they just made a call and traded an allotment to them. Less than 60 days later, there she was, exactly what I wanted.

Now let me throw in a wrinkle. Crystal Grey Nappa, with Black Ash. The grain variations in Black Ash "read" as gray tones, which aren't real evident unless they have the Crystal (white) door inserts and seats for contrast. This is my interior:

Picture that but with the Nappa.
Looks sharp, Mike. I saw the crystal grey as a standard leather option only on the C450, is crystal grey a Nappa option on the C300? There's always designo platinum I suppose.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
Looks sharp, Mike. I saw the crystal grey as a standard leather option only on the C450, is crystal grey a Nappa option on the C300? There's always designo platinum I suppose.
No, it's Platinum if you want Nappa, which is a lot more white. I couldn't find a quick pic of Platinum with Black Ash. With colors and finishes though you get to a point where there are no longer any "bad" options, just different. That'll really drive you nuts. I just kept scouring Google for pics of 205's out in the wild and when something caught my eye I'd save it in a folder. Little by little I started deleting the pics that didn't make me feel any emotion and I was left with what I ended up getting.
The following users liked this post:
YashaR8 (03-31-2016)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: C450 AMG Sport discussion only.