S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

I finally bought it Fellas!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.25 average.

Old 04-09-2016, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Acura TL 2008 - Acura MDX 2012
Originally Posted by Mike5215
I would KILL for some 90's era PSA in my wack off bank. All I've got in there now for that period is Rosanne Barr and Nancy Kerrigan. I'd rather not go into specifics.
Mike, You are so witty!

I read you mentioning you used to be a stand up comedian. When I first came onboard and you and Dave(and ATCPUP((Where is he?))) were razzing that OP who was leaning on his S looking into the distance wearing ghetto-gear. That thread sold me on MBworld! You(and Dave) had a very synergetic back and forth banter and in a very comedian-like manner.

What was the name of that thread?
Old 04-09-2016, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 182 Likes on 152 Posts
s550 Diamond white amg pano
Kerrigan gave me a pretty serious dose of crabs.
crabs are no biggie.
Old 04-09-2016, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 477 Likes on 364 Posts
2015 S550
Originally Posted by mercedesbenzs55
Mike, You are so witty!

I read you mentioning you used to be a stand up comedian. When I first came onboard and you and Dave(and ATCPUP((Where is he?))) were razzing that OP who was leaning on his S looking into the distance wearing ghetto-gear. That thread sold me on MBworld! You(and Dave) had a very synergetic back and forth banter and in a very comedian-like manner.

This one?

https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w...irst-gear.html
Old 04-09-2016, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Talking

Originally Posted by DaveW68
Ahahaha! Classic read

Last edited by mercedesbenzs55; 04-09-2016 at 02:30 PM.
Old 04-09-2016, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 557 Likes on 474 Posts
2016 C300
Originally Posted by 1bad540
crabs are no biggie.
These were so big they came with a lemon wedge and drawn butter. Kerrigan: Total skank. If that guy had hit her crotch instead of her knee that bush would have acted like an air bag. Seriously Nancy!
Old 04-09-2016, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This is how the 'Cedes was won!

Old 04-09-2016, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Check out this video I posted. This guy Kent Hovind is from Mikes neck of the woods. Maybe you've heard of him.

My Dad used to be obsessed with this guy when I was a kid. Bought all his VHS tapes(still has them). Now a kid is asking the question that I was dieing to ask him when I went to a local Russian church a few weeks ago.

Last edited by mercedesbenzs55; 04-09-2016 at 02:43 PM.
Old 04-09-2016, 02:58 PM

Received 64 Likes on 53 Posts
2011 GL 550, 2010 MB S550, 2004 BMW 645Cic 1988 Corvette
I discovered awhile back that Benz55 doesn't want advice in the thread. The thread is being presented as entertainment. It's not about a guy looking for help restoring an S Class. It's a comedy show about a guy getting to drive an S Class in the least conventional way possible. In terms of "the story", cost is not relevant, nor is following the most reasonable or prudent path. It's all about the show.

Like seeing a play, or a comedy act, those of us in the audience are encouraged to laugh and applaud, but anything else is just heckling and a disruption.

See it in that light and suddenly the retarded FUBAR this project is becomes very funny and entertaining, and also uncomfortable and horrifying.

Exactly like watching "Borat" for the first time. Does "Borat" really want help learning to understand American culture on behalf can of the people of Khazakistan? No, he wants to bone Pamela Anderson.
Fair enough. I have tried not to judge this young man or his decisions. However he has made several comments in this thread that has made me question his knowledge and sanity. It's his money or lack there of and he is free to do what he wants to do with it. As we are free to judge him in a harsh or positive light when he posts in this forum. I think you have described this thread quite eloquently Mike.
Old 04-09-2016, 03:02 PM

Mike, You are so witty!

That thread was gold. His Transmission had issue and his sunroof didn't open and he had no money to fix it either. But, the car looked amazing. He too tried to convince us of his sound decision making as well. I think His sweatshirt said closed Mondays. It was a great read. I'd love to know what the final outcome of his issues were. Many threads on here are cliffhangers.
Old 04-09-2016, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by The Thomas J
That thread was gold. His Transmission had issue and his sunroof didn't open and he had no money to fix it either. But, the car looked amazing. He too tried to convince us of his sound decision making as well. I think His sweatshirt said closed Mondays. It was a great read. I'd love to know what the final outcome of his issues were. Many threads on here are cliffhangers.
Like the cord in the trunk! Someone should PM him, but I doubt he will respond as Mike and Dave laughed him off the forum.

Car looked fantastic, but I'd rather have a trunk I can fix with 1k than a ruined tranny. He also owed 15k+ on it at the time of posting.
Old 04-09-2016, 03:27 PM

If you sold them all you can afford one S.
To be fair I don't know why I bought the Vette. It was a spur of the moment purchase. Although I had always wanted one I wasn't looking for one for myself. I was helping my friend look for a c3. He wound up going in a completely different direction and buying a 1983 Cadillac Coupe Deville. Which is another car I know inside and out That particular car was my first car and I owned or leased 5 Caddy's after that. My 90' Coupe DeVille was my favorite.

Another friend of mine had recently bought a c3 that was silver and black, which is one of my favorite color combos. I came across this Vette on ebay and as it turns out the guy who was selling it works for a company in North Jersey that I had done a ton of business with in years past and since I had done all the mods that I wanted to do on my BMW I figured this would for fill two needs. One give me a little project to work on that wasn't going to be costly. I set a budget and have stayed well within it and, number two was that since I was a kid I always wanted a c4 Corvette. That was the Vette I grew up with. So I for filled a child hood dream.

I could have gotten out of it but the car wound up to be a solid running car, everything works that had 20 years worth of paperwork and needed no body work .For $3500 I had to buy it. It's worth double that and the market for the collectablilty of the C4 is beginning to come around. Even if it doesn't I still have a vette to drive around on the weekends and to the car shows in the summer.

I love my BMW. I attempted to trade it in several times since I bought it and have been able to have extended test drives on the newer 3 series convertible and, the 1 series convertible. They just don't have the same type of rawness that the e46 has. I like my Corvette over newer corvettes for the exact same reason. It's raw In addition the e46 is very easy to work on. I have BMW diagnostic software for that era so on the rare occasion I have had an issue I can take care of it myself. Plus, I am able to code the DME the way I wanted it.

Now, my plan for the e-class is to give that to my girlfriend when the lease on our 2014 4runner is up and I will buy a 2012-2013 CPO S class without the rubber mallet option.

So I get my S class and keep the other 3.
Old 04-09-2016, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

To be fair I don't know why I bought the Vette. It was a spur of the moment purchase. Although I had always wanted one I wasn't looking for one for myself. I was helping my friend look for a c3. He wound up going in a completely different direction and buying a 1983 Cadillac Coupe Deville. Which is another car I know inside and out That particular car was my first car and I owned or leased 5 Caddy's after that. My 90' Coupe DeVille was my favorite.

Another friend of mine had recently bought a c3 that was silver and black, which is one of my favorite color combos. I came across this Vette on ebay and as it turns out the guy who was selling it works for a company in North Jersey that I had done a ton of business with in years past and since I had done all the mods that I wanted to do on my BMW I figured this would for fill two needs. One give me a little project to work on that wasn't going to be costly. I set a budget and have stayed well within it and, number two was that since I was a kid I always wanted a c4 Corvette. That was the Vette I grew up with. So I for filled a child hood dream.

I could have gotten out of it but the car wound up to be a solid running car, everything works that had 20 years worth of paperwork and needed no body work .For $3500 I had to buy it. It's worth double that and the market for the collectablilty of the C4 is beginning to come around. Even if it doesn't I still have a vette to drive around on the weekends and to the car shows in the summer.

I love my BMW. I attempted to trade it in several times since I bought it and have been able to have extended test drives on the newer 3 series convertible and, the 1 series convertible. They just don't have the same type of rawness that the e46 has. I like my Corvette over newer corvettes for the exact same reason. It's raw In addition the e46 is very easy to work on. I have BMW diagnostic software for that era so on the rare occasion I have had an issue I can take care of it myself. Plus, I am able to code the DME the way I wanted it.

Now, my plan for the e-class is to give that to my girlfriend when the lease on our 2014 4runner is up and I will buy a 2012-2013 CPO S class without the rubber mallet option.

So I get my S class and keep the other 3.
When my family came to the states on Sept. 18 1991(a few months before the wall fell), we lived in Passaic, NJ. Total GHETTO! I remember being 5 years old walking up the street to church and can still vivdly remember a kid my age walking past up on the sidewalk with a machete in his hand and duct tape for a handle. I asked my dad why all the black men showed their underwear.

My Dad would drive my siblings and I to see NYC every Sunday. Though he was going to college to learn English while working three jobs to support us(which he got after 1 week though there was a recession).

When I was 19 and bought the car I swore I'd buy when I was 13(1998 Honda civic EX, lol), I had a choice. Do I Turbocharge my Black 5spd coupe Civic, or sell it and buy that Green C230 Mercedes sedan I've been eyeballing?

I asked my Dad and he didn't want me owning a Mercedes. Something about "if the tranny goes bad it'll cost too much to repair"(paraphrasing). I took his advice and turboed my Civic, but never forgot about the Mercedes I wanted.

This Car is that Mercedes I chose not to buy a decade ago. One reason I chose this one is because it came out the year I wanted to buy the green C230. I figured if I wanted to buy a Mercedes this time around(and fulfill my teenage dream), I might aswell get the flagship model!

When are you planning to get the S?

Last edited by mercedesbenzs55; 04-09-2016 at 03:45 PM.
Old 04-09-2016, 04:13 PM

When my family came to the states on Sept. 18 1991(a few months before the wall fell), we lived in Passaic, NJ. Total GHETTO! I remember being 5 years old walking up the street to church and can still vivdly remember a kid my age walking past up on the sidewalk with a machete in his hand and duct tape for a handle. I asked my dad why all the black men showed their underwear.

My Dad would drive my siblings and I to see NYC every Sunday. Though he was going to college to learn English while working three jobs to support us(which he got after 1 week though there was a recession).

When I was 19 and bought the car I swore I'd buy when I was 13(1998 Honda civic EX, lol), I had a choice. Do I Turbocharge my Black 5spd coupe Civic, or sell it and buy that Green C230 Mercedes sedan I've been eyeballing?

I asked my Dad and he didn't want me owning a Mercedes. Something about "if the tranny goes bad it'll cost too much to repair"(paraphrasing). I took his advice and turboed my Civic, but never forgot about the Mercedes I wanted.

This Car is that Mercedes I chose not to buy a decade ago. One reason I chose this one is because it came out the year I wanted to buy the green C230. I figured if I wanted to buy a Mercedes this time around(and fulfill my teenage dream), I might aswell get the flagship model!

When are you planning to get the S?
I am all for for filling childhood dreams. I want this to work out for you but I am skeptical.

My girlfriend doesn't like her current 4runner. She liked her previous 05' more.
I think she is nuts. The new one is so much nicer looking and bigger than the 05' and more heavily optioned. The current 4runner has an option all cars should have, and that is heated windshield wipers. Oh man it's the best feature ever.

Her main issue is she misses the v8 we had in the 05'. Even though the v6 has more HP than the old V8 the V8 was more effortless to drive. You need to keep your foot on the gas when doing 80 mph in the new one.

I've been driving my BMW the past couple of weeks and she has been using my Mercedes and recently she mentioned that she would like to explore getting out of the lease. So the short answer to your question is it could be a week from now or a year from now.

I am fortunate that I have friends that work for Mercedes Corp. and are still in NJ if I see something at a dealer that I like I shoot them all the info and they are able to get me the complete history on the vehicle and set me up with the dealer that has it. That's how I did it with my E class and it worked out really well. My BMW was CPO off a 12 month lease it was pretty much a new car when I bought it had 8800 miles on it when I took it home.
Old 04-09-2016, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm curious, what about my project makes you skeptical? As I write this I'm sitting in the 'Cedes on the edge of a forest overlooking a lake with the sun on my face. Listening to my favorite tunes. Honeymooning galore.
Old 04-09-2016, 04:55 PM

I'm curious, what about my project makes you skeptical? As I write this I'm sitting in the 'Cedes on the edge of a forest overlooking a lake with the sun on my face. Listening to my favorite tunes. Honeymooning galore.
Skeptical that a car that has aluminum panels which was totaled can be repaired properly on the budget you are working with.
Old 04-09-2016, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Skeptical that a car that has aluminum panels which was totaled can be repaired properly on the budget you are working with.
My budget had to be expanded after finding out it's aluminum. If you look a couple pages back you will see the MAACO invoice that estimated $1200 for the fix. It's not bad
Old 04-09-2016, 08:09 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2010 E350, 2015 S550
As I write this I'm sitting in the 'Cedes on the edge of a forest overlooking a lake with the sun on my face. Listening to my favorite tunes. Honeymooning galore.
With the wind blowing through my trunk and body panel gaps from the smashed up rear end of my beautiful 'Cedes'. How romantic.
Old 04-09-2016, 08:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 182 Likes on 152 Posts
s550 Diamond white amg pano
does that mean your driving an uninsured non registred vehicle.? that sounds like another good idea!
Old 04-09-2016, 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 1bad540
does that mean your driving an uninsured non registred vehicle.? that sounds like another good idea!
Thats how I do, Baby!
Old 04-09-2016, 08:55 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2010 E350, 2015 S550
Thats how I do, Baby!
That's how you do what?
Old 04-09-2016, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mnje350
With the wind blowing through my trunk and body panel gaps from the smashed up rear end of my beautiful 'Cedes'. How romantic.
Ahaha!
Old 04-09-2016, 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 982 Likes on 718 Posts
2010 E350 4Matic
Thats how I do, Baby!
You know I've read through this thread without much if any comment up to this point and I would say you were taking some minor financial risks in the grand scheme of things.

I spent chunk of money when I was younger fixing up cars that were questionable but I learned from those mistakes and became better about managing my car expenditures (now to a fault. (1998 Audi w 220K miles))

But if in fact you are driving around without insurance that is major line crosser.

I will withhold any further comments in this post because half the time I think that you are just screwing with us.

I would like to know the truth in this
Old 04-09-2016, 11:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 Lexus GS400
Created an account just to say that I became a hyuuuge Mike5215 fan after reading this thread.

Best regards.
Old 04-09-2016, 11:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 557 Likes on 474 Posts
2016 C300
Originally Posted by MBNUT1
You know I've read through this thread without much if any comment up to this point and I would say you were taking some minor financial risks in the grand scheme of things.

I spent chunk of money when I was younger fixing up cars that were questionable but I learned from those mistakes and became better about managing my car expenditures (now to a fault. (1998 Audi w 220K miles))

But if in fact you are driving around without insurance that is major line crosser.

I will withhold any further comments in this post because half the time I think that you are just screwing with us.

I would like to know the truth in this
Here's the risk he's taking. If he causes an accident without property damage liability insurance, the other drivers insurance will pay for damage to his own car. Then they'll send a bill to Benz55. If Benz55 doesn't pay, the insurer can have the state revoke his drivers license until he does pay.

If he injures someone but doesn't have bodily injury liability coverage, their own uninsured motorist coverage will pay for their injuries, and bill Benz55, or take his license if he can't pay.

Next, Benz55 will have failed his state's financial responsibility requirement which says that if you go without insurance you must self insure, meaning have cash on hand to pay damages he caused. As a result, he can no longer buy regular car insurance. He has to buy insanely expensive SR22 coverage instead.

Usually what happens is the uninsured guy doesn't pay the other carriers back. They take his license. He keeps driving. He gets pulled over. He gets arrested for driving without a license. They suspend his license for a year. He gets caught again on a suspended license. He goes to jail for a couple of months and they suspend him for three years, etc etc etc.

So yeah, this thread could get really interesting.
Old 04-10-2016, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by TexasMajor
Created an account just to say that I became a hyuuuge Mike5215 fan after reading this thread.

Best regards.
Get in line if you wanna be his #1 fan! I wish I had something of mikes so I could always tell people about him. You sure you don't have that speaker module?

Last edited by mercedesbenzs55; 04-10-2016 at 12:31 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.25 average.

Quick Reply: I finally bought it Fellas!