C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car was just built.... NO POWER FOLDING MIRRORS!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 11:45 AM

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts
'17 S63A4, '13 CLS4M, '99 CLK320A
Originally Posted by JPMBenz
The S Convertible sat at the VPC for 5 months before release.
Another good reason to do a European Delivery. I picked up my S63 Cab on July 1st in Sindelfingen, just 20 days after it was produced with nothing "missing".
Old 11-17-2016, 09:16 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by gabe.m
I guess while in reverse, adjust your mirror. I had that happening with my previous 2013 c300. It's fixable.
That was exactly it! You have to adjust it once in drive, put it in reverse, and adjust it again.

Thanks!
Old 11-18-2016, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 Mercedes C63s coupe
C63 S coupe folding mirror

My 2017 coupe was a May order. Received car in Sept. Ordered P3 package. Window sticker shows power folding mirrors but car doesn't have them. Wonder if we could do a class action lawsuit agains MBUSA.
Old 11-18-2016, 02:32 PM

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
ED1 e63S
Originally Posted by Parth141
Haha Orient, will def do. Hopefully by next week. Having it clear bra'd and wrapped right now.
Who's doing it? I use Speed Shield. They are great. They did my front grille and trunklid in gloss black. I'm probably going to have them do a full front clear bra in December.

What are you having wrapped? The whole car? If so, what color?
Old 11-18-2016, 04:45 PM

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
2017 AMG C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by Gunsmd
My 2017 coupe was a May order. Received car in Sept. Ordered P3 package. Window sticker shows power folding mirrors but car doesn't have them. Wonder if we could do a class action lawsuit agains MBUSA.
I think you make the 6th or so person so far on this forum. Make them retrofit.
Old 11-19-2016, 07:39 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 GLC 63
I am having transmission issues too. When I am in manual mode changing gears from 3rd to 4th the transition is not smooth like the other gears. Downshifting and in auto mode is fine. So I took it to dealership and technician tried update software adaptations but did not work. So he is ordering transmission valve body plus he is going to retrofit my mirrors. Thanks for your info regarding the mirrors. The GM of the dealership is looking at compensating me for my troubles. This is my first MB and so far not happy with my experience with the brand coming from BMW
Old 11-19-2016, 11:51 AM

C63s Coupe
Originally Posted by OrientBlue3
Who's doing it? I use Speed Shield. They are great. They did my front grille and trunklid in gloss black. I'm probably going to have them do a full front clear bra in December.

What are you having wrapped? The whole car? If so, what color?
I'm using NTX Clear Bra, they seem to be doing a really good job as well. I am getting whole car in clear bra and then Avery matte metallic grey over that.

I've been looking to get my front grille wrapped gloss black as well, I just don't know if it would look good since there is no way to wrap the star behind the distronic solid star piece. If you don't mind me asking, how much was it to get the front grille wrapped?
Old 11-19-2016, 12:57 PM

2017 AMG C63 S Coupe; 2017 Porsche Macan S
Originally Posted by dviolagis
I am having transmission issues too. When I am in manual mode changing gears from 3rd to 4th the transition is not smooth like the other gears. Downshifting and in auto mode is fine. So I took it to dealership and technician tried update software adaptations but did not work. So he is ordering transmission valve body plus he is going to retrofit my mirrors. Thanks for your info regarding the mirrors. The GM of the dealership is looking at compensating me for my troubles. This is my first MB and so far not happy with my experience with the brand coming from BMW
I am having the identical 3rd to 4th gear issue. I avoided M mode during the first 1000 miles. I hope you will post a followup after the transmission valve body change.
Old 11-19-2016, 01:08 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 GLC 63
Originally Posted by Djay333
I am having the identical 3rd to 4th gear issue. I avoided M mode during the first 1000 miles. I hope you will post a followup after the transmission valve body change.
Will do
The following users liked this post:
Djay333 (11-20-2016)
Old 11-20-2016, 03:14 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 C63S Coupe
Mine is a 2017 C63S AMG coupe.
Didn't come with rear view camera, no front nor rear parking sensors, no power folding mirrors. man, bugs me every day.
Old 11-20-2016, 03:18 PM

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts
19 E63s
another 3rd to 4th gear jolt car here
Old 11-20-2016, 03:40 PM

ED1 e63S
I'm using NTX Clear Bra, they seem to be doing a really good job as well. I am getting whole car in clear bra and then Avery matte metallic grey over that.

I've been looking to get my front grille wrapped gloss black as well, I just don't know if it would look good since there is no way to wrap the star behind the distronic solid star piece. If you don't mind me asking, how much was it to get the front grille wrapped?
You gotta post some pics when it's done! I paid $375 for the front grille including the star and the trunklid. Edition 1 sedans did not come with distronic or HUD.
Parth141 (11-20-2016)
Old 11-20-2016, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by C63S_Coupe_Jay
Mine is a 2017 C63S AMG coupe.
Didn't come with rear view camera, no front nor rear parking sensors, no power folding mirrors. man, bugs me every day.
Wow... This would **** me off....
Old 11-20-2016, 10:32 PM

ED1 e63S

Here's a photo of how the wrap on the grille turned out. Really happy!

Parth141 (11-20-2016)
Old 11-20-2016, 10:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s

That looks really good!!! How long did it take to get wrapped?
Old 11-21-2016, 01:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 64 Likes on 57 Posts
2009 SLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by jhillman
MBUSA has been worthless, but I wasn't taking no as an answer with my dealer so finally after weeks got them to agree to try the retrofit. 24 hrs later, parts installed, COMAND coded, and all is working fine. The missing right button is for night vision not available until you get into higher classes. They must reuse that strip of switches for those other models.
This is becoming something you folks south of the border need to take up with what every branch of government watches over this stuff for consumers.
Time and again lately I read of folks getting cars delivered with changes in packages ordered, no back up cameras, no deck spoilers etc.
Most of it comes from owners of C class cars since they moved NA supply to Alabama. The biggest excuse is no parts so they just build and ship a car regardless of what was ordered. In most cases they hope the buyer/lessee won't notice.
In a recent case where they did not have a camera they didn't even install the cable and as I understood it, the head unit so that when the camera came available the dealer could install it.
When you are putting down as much coin as you are for these cars you should be getting everything you ordered
I would refuse delivery of any car that fails to have everything on it I ordered. I would also suggest rather than let them put the package number on the order, you go through and list each and every item within a package by option number as it will appear on a build card once it is built.
11 cars in 29 years has made me into a Canadian Reagan. Trust but verify.
Sorry for your troubles. This is not a base C you are buying and it should never happen.

Last edited by Alex.currie44; 11-21-2016 at 01:07 AM.
Old 11-21-2016, 01:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 SLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by gabe.m
I guess while in reverse, adjust your mirror. I had that happening with my previous 2013 c300. It's fixable.
Yes. Put the car in reverse with the right mirror selected on the door panel, adjust the mirror to the position you want that best suits your needs and as I recall push the memory for you seat position.
Then it should dip when you engage reverse if the passenger side mirror is selected. It will not dip in reverse if the drivers side mirror is selected.
Old 11-21-2016, 01:33 AM

Received 98 Likes on 96 Posts
C63S 2016

what a beast ! nice one buddy !
Old 12-03-2016, 12:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 AMG C63S
Power folding mirrors

Originally Posted by Gunsmd
Short answer is NO. I had the exact same problem with a brand new 2017 AMG C63S that was delivered on October 29, 2016. It was built with P3 package and arrived to the dealership without power folding mirrors. I had a detailed conversation with MB Corporate who originally offered $3000. I said "no" and argued that it should be retrofitted and fixed properly as per MB specifications.

Nonetheless, MB Corporate was successful in developing and completing an OEM retrofit install at the dealership with power folding mirrors and software upgrade.

Bottom line: A power folding mirror retrofit is possible and should be successfully accomplished by any MB service department. Good luck.

mt
Old 12-03-2016, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 SLK55 AMG
Between mirrors and backup cameras it seems that moving NA C class production to Vance has resulted in a plethora of cars being delivered without out ordered options which is despicable in a brand like this and particularly cars at this price point. They don't even seem to have the wiring harnesses to put in the cars to retro fit the cameras.
The only way IMHO is to refuse the cars and all offers to compensate for cash or service.
If you bought the car it will impact resale.
The best way is to walk away and tell them to call when the car you ordered is in and complete.
If they end up with a lot of unsold inventory maybe they will get the message.

Last edited by Alex.currie44; 12-03-2016 at 01:05 AM.
Old 12-03-2016, 03:30 PM

2017 Mercedes C63s coupe
Retrofit

what [QUOTE=mtsurgery;6985184]Short answer is NO. I had the exact same problem with a brand new deal2017 AMG C63S that was delivered on October 29, 2016. It was built with P3 package and arrived to the dealership without power folding mirrors. I had a detailed conversation with MB Corporate who originally offered $3000. I said "no" and argued that it should be retrofitted and fixed properly as per MB specifications.

Nonetheless, MB Corporate was successful in developing and completing an OEM retrofit install at the dealership with power folding mirrors and software upgrade.

Bottom line: A power folding mirror retrofit is possible and should be successfully accomplished by any MB service department. Good luck.

mt[/QUOTE
what dealership did the retrofit of the mirrors and may I ask who you were dealing with at MB corporate. The person I contacted denied ever hearing of an issue with the mirrors.

thanks
Old 12-03-2016, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 114 Likes on 99 Posts
2016 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by Alex.currie44
Between mirrors and backup cameras it seems that moving NA C class production to Vance has resulted in a plethora of cars being delivered without out ordered options which is despicable in a brand like this and particularly cars at this price point. They don't even seem to have the wiring harnesses to put in the cars to retro fit the cameras.
The only way IMHO is to refuse the cars and all offers to compensate for cash or service.
If you bought the car it will impact resale.
The best way is to walk away and tell them to call when the car you ordered is in and complete.
If they end up with a lot of unsold inventory maybe they will get the message.
it has nothing to do with moving to Vance as if you read enough there is just as many problems in Germany made vehicles (maybe More) especially wind noise problems.
Old 12-04-2016, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 158 Posts
2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
While missing power folding mirrors is not good and i hope that my car will arrive with this option, don't forget about what you are all signed.
I had to drop HUD from my build because MB confirmed that it will delay my build by at least 3 months extra.

Last edited by NYCSoiL; 12-04-2016 at 04:06 PM.
Old 12-04-2016, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 SLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by RDOCA
it has nothing to do with moving to Vance as if you read enough there is just as many problems in Germany made vehicles (maybe More) especially wind noise problems.
Problems yes but after 29 yrs and 11 MB cars including E's CLKs SLKs and a CLA45 AMG I cannot recall as many complaints about cars being delivered without ordered options or options within a package.
For example, 2011 E350 4matics (W212) have issues in some cars that resulted in a transfer case bearing failure at about 60000 miles. Being open to the transmission failure resulted in a tranny replacement. Not cheap and techically out of warranty.
Old 12-06-2016, 07:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes-Benz C43 2017
Mercedes-Benz C43 2017 NO FOLDING MIRRORS

I just purchased a new 2017 MB AMG C43. Although the folding side mirrors IS listed on the window sticker, the car DOES NOT have them which is suppose to be part of the P3 package. I'm disappointed in MBs poor communication and lack of taking responsibility for their dishonest actions.

So far, they have requested a copy of the window sticker and I've been asked to drive 8 hours back to the dealer so they can see if the car is wired for the folding side mirrors. I told them to pick the car up and deliver a car with the options I purchased!!!

While typing this message, I received another call, they offered to pay for an extended warranty. Big deal! No deal! I requested they deliver the vehicle I paid for with the options PAID for. I am NOT having a service technician rip the doors off, break the door seals, and add wiring and a motor.

I've asked her to put their offer in writing so that I can take it to an attorney for legal representation.

After reading other posts here, I now need to go check to see if I have the acoustic glass and parking sensors!

If anyone else is experiencing this problem with a new 2017 MB AMG C43, please let me know.

Last edited by kaosnhavasu; 12-06-2016 at 08:37 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car was just built.... NO POWER FOLDING MIRRORS!!!!