eqb2022
Upgrade EQB Active Cruise Control

Just bought an EQB and the buttons to control the distance is missing,

this is what I got -

Saw other EQB's had different buttons layout,

If ill buy this -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/36340642914...&segname=11051

will it work ?

I had couple of years ago a Kia without cruise control, replaced a similar part and cruise control just worked..
Old 10-22-2022, 07:38 AM

Received 319 Likes on 248 Posts
2023 EQB 350 & 2014 GL350
Originally Posted by exeown
will it work ?
Short version: No

Long version: Active Distronic also requires a bunch of sensors, including radar, that your car does not have, And even if you sourced all the required components, it would also require serious ninja skills to activate/program using factory computer tools as it is not "plug and play" like your Kia. And that's assuming that the car already has the required wiring harnesses. (BIG assumption, BTW). As an extra challenge, no dealer will perform this service.

Although it's theoretically possible to perform such an upgrade, the amount of time, effort, expense, and grief involved would be substantial. It would literally be far cheaper and quicker to trade the EQB for a different one and take the hit on depreciation.
The following users liked this post:
BenjaminKohl (10-22-2022)
Old 10-22-2022, 01:15 PM

Received 158 Likes on 118 Posts
2021 Glb35 AMG (2013 GLK 350)
You can check the below post regarding glb retrofit:

https://mbworld.org/forums/glb-class...-warranty.html

https://rjautomotive.net/products/di...ntrol-retrofit

Also see below post:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...ml#post8507260

"My understanding was always that the radar sensor is only there if you have the painted Mercedes Star. But you'll provide them with your VIN, and they'll send everything you need. At a minimum you'll have to install new buttons on the steering wheel.

This is a more basic version of DISTRONIC. With the Driver Assistance Package you get DISTRONIC PLUS, which adds stereo cameras, speed limit recognition, and integrates with the navigation system to add a bunch of capabilities such as adopting the current speed limit, automatically slowing down for curves, intersections, exits etc, as well as when you approach traffic congestions, and in stop & go traffic it follows the flow of the traffic instead of blindly accelerating if there's a gap opening in front of the car and then abruptly slowing down again if the gap closes. It basically doesn't just rely on the radar sensor, but also the stereo camera that comes with DAP."
cadetdrivr (10-22-2022)
Old 10-22-2022, 02:51 PM

Received 319 Likes on 248 Posts
2023 EQB 350 & 2014 GL350
Originally Posted by Serhan
This is a more basic version of DISTRONIC.
Interesting. This looks like a more reasonable option than trying to retrofit the full system provided that’s all one is looking for.
Old 10-22-2022, 09:09 PM

Received 158 Likes on 118 Posts
2021 Glb35 AMG (2013 GLK 350)
It depends on his car also. My GLB has the self parking with 360 cameras/sensors and augmented reality, so most probably it has all the camera and sensors for distronic plus eg it has active sign speed reading.. However, it doesn't have the driver assistance package, so there is no distronic or active cruise control...

Originally Posted by cadetdrivr
Interesting. This looks like a more reasonable option than trying to retrofit the full system provided that’s all one is looking for.
Old 02-22-2024, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EQB2022
I have an EQB 2022. I want to install Distronic Plus for my car, I know that I need to change the front camera and Distronic radar sensor and also need some wiring under the passenger seat. Does anyone have experience or information about this?
Old 02-23-2024, 12:10 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
EQB 300
Originally Posted by Babak1351
I have an EQB 2022. I want to install Distronic Plus for my car, I know that I need to change the front camera and Distronic radar sensor and also need some wiring under the passenger seat. Does anyone have experience or information about this?
I have been looking for a similar upgrade albeit to
. While my car has all the equipment to support Distronic Pro I am just a bit scared about voiding the mfr warranty and any issues during the coding. Do share how it goes for you in case you do decide to go down the path.
Old 07-02-2024, 02:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
EQB 300 4MATIC AMG Line Premium
I refer anyone interested to look at the following thread....

My post #11 gives my experience with the product.

https://www.mbeqclub.com/threads/rad...926#post-21926

Last edited by PeterJohn; 07-02-2024 at 06:24 PM.
Old 07-02-2024, 09:48 PM

EQB 300
Originally Posted by PeterJohn
I refer anyone interested to look at the following thread....

My post #11 gives my experience with the product.

https://www.mbeqclub.com/threads/rad...926#post-21926
Thanks for sharing. Quick question - is there an easy way to go back to stock or do you have to get in touch with RJ any updates? My dealership won't be happy that I have added mods that are not approved by Mercedes and may end up voiding the warranty. So I would prefer if there is an easy way to go back to stock.

And how has your experience been with Mercedes' implementation of adaptive cruise control? Would you recommend it?

Old 07-03-2024, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by EQBFan
Quick question - is there an easy way to go back to stock or do you have to get in touch with RJ any updates?
1. Yes but why would you want to? You will have purchased and fitted new genuine approved manufactured mercedes parts (steering wheel switches) to your vehicle, so there is no voiding any warranty. It does not matter what the dealership thinks. He can be as unhappy as he likes. It is your vehicle and you have not added a mod that is not approved.
2. With these new switches fitted, the coding is only a matter enabling functions in the menu (turning them on so they are visible and can be selected by you) so you can use them. The car will already have the radar module and camera fitted that the adaptive cruise control uses.
And how has your experience been with Mercedes' implementation of adaptive cruise control? Would you recommend it?
It is an excellent experience! I have found it more relaxing a drive and within 2 days I have found that I hardly ever use the brake pedal during my journeys. All of the time the slowing down of the car is acheived by regeneration up to 100%. When coming to complete stop behind a cueue of traffic, it does not creep forward it just stops and waits.
If the traffic moves off almost immediately then it follows using the distance you have set on the controls. If you have to wait more than approximately 30 seconds, then you gently press the accelerator to initiate the movement forward.
There is a lot more to it, such as following the speed signs and so on and so forth and adjusting the speed that is user selectable, so you are in complete control.
If I have more time I will post some pictures to elaborate on what I have just said, but to be honest it is quite simple and intuitive.

Last edited by PeterJohn; 07-03-2024 at 06:58 AM.
EQBFan (07-04-2024)
Old 07-04-2024, 05:47 AM

EQB 300
1. Yes but why would you want to?
Because you never know what the dealership's attitude is going to be. They can always choose to play hardball.
All of the time the slowing down of the car is acheived by regeneration up to 100%. When coming to complete stop behind a cueue of traffic, it does not creep forward it just stops and waits.
That's actually great. I find the creep function very annoying in stop and go/ slow moving traffic as your foot has to be constantly on the brake. If it can modulate speed so that the car can follow traffic that is moving < 5 mph smoothly, that would be a very nice feature to have.
There is a lot more to it, such as following the speed signs and so on and so forth and adjusting the speed that is user selectable, so you are in complete control..
I don't think my car came with traffic sign recognition (it just has a single camera cutout instead of two). But even without that, I am inclined to just get it for the adaptive cruise control.
If I have more time I will post some pictures to elaborate on what I have just said, but to be honest it is quite simple and intuitive.
Great, look forward to that. And thanks again for sharing your experience. I think I am feeling more convinced about getting this one in the near future.
Old 07-04-2024, 06:38 AM

Because you never know what the dealership's attitude is going to be. They can always choose to play hardball.
With respect you are overthinking this.
1. Tell them to mind their own business. It is your car.
2. The dealers do not do an inventory check as to what is fitted as an extra when they carry out a servicing. It would take too long and and they do not have the resources to check every single aspect against every car's VIN number. If they get funny (play hardball) about this, then you tell them you will take your business elsewhere

That's actually great. I find the creep function very annoying in stop and go/ slow moving traffic as your foot has to be constantly on the brake. If it can modulate speed so that the car can follow traffic that is moving < 5 mph smoothly, that would be a very nice feature to have.
Yes you can modulate it at any speed.
I don't think my car came with traffic sign recognition (it just has a single camera cutout instead of two). But even without that, I am inclined to just get it for the adaptive cruise control.
If you see the speed limit display then you do.
I have only one camera. This is what it is predominantly used for.
See photo below

Last edited by PeterJohn; 07-04-2024 at 07:29 AM.
Tennis Dad (07-04-2024)
Old 07-04-2024, 07:09 AM