eqb2022
Upgrade EQB Active Cruise Control

Just bought an EQB and the buttons to control the distance is missing,

this is what I got -

Saw other EQB's had different buttons layout,

If ill buy this -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/36340642914...&segname=11051

will it work ?

I had couple of years ago a Kia without cruise control, replaced a similar part and cruise control just worked..
Old 10-22-2022, 07:38 AM

Received 319 Likes on 248 Posts
2023 EQB 350 & 2014 GL350
Originally Posted by exeown
will it work ?
Short version: No

Long version: Active Distronic also requires a bunch of sensors, including radar, that your car does not have, And even if you sourced all the required components, it would also require serious ninja skills to activate/program using factory computer tools as it is not "plug and play" like your Kia. And that's assuming that the car already has the required wiring harnesses. (BIG assumption, BTW). As an extra challenge, no dealer will perform this service.

Although it's theoretically possible to perform such an upgrade, the amount of time, effort, expense, and grief involved would be substantial. It would literally be far cheaper and quicker to trade the EQB for a different one and take the hit on depreciation.
The following users liked this post:
BenjaminKohl (10-22-2022)
Old 10-22-2022, 01:15 PM

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts
2021 Glb35 AMG (2013 GLK 350)
You can check the below post regarding glb retrofit:

https://mbworld.org/forums/glb-class...-warranty.html

https://rjautomotive.net/products/di...ntrol-retrofit

Also see below post:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...ml#post8507260

"My understanding was always that the radar sensor is only there if you have the painted Mercedes Star. But you'll provide them with your VIN, and they'll send everything you need. At a minimum you'll have to install new buttons on the steering wheel.

This is a more basic version of DISTRONIC. With the Driver Assistance Package you get DISTRONIC PLUS, which adds stereo cameras, speed limit recognition, and integrates with the navigation system to add a bunch of capabilities such as adopting the current speed limit, automatically slowing down for curves, intersections, exits etc, as well as when you approach traffic congestions, and in stop & go traffic it follows the flow of the traffic instead of blindly accelerating if there's a gap opening in front of the car and then abruptly slowing down again if the gap closes. It basically doesn't just rely on the radar sensor, but also the stereo camera that comes with DAP."
The following users liked this post:
cadetdrivr (10-22-2022)
Old 10-22-2022, 02:51 PM

Received 319 Likes on 248 Posts
2023 EQB 350 & 2014 GL350
Originally Posted by Serhan
This is a more basic version of DISTRONIC.
Interesting. This looks like a more reasonable option than trying to retrofit the full system provided that’s all one is looking for.
Old 10-22-2022, 09:09 PM

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts
2021 Glb35 AMG (2013 GLK 350)
It depends on his car also. My GLB has the self parking with 360 cameras/sensors and augmented reality, so most probably it has all the camera and sensors for distronic plus eg it has active sign speed reading.. However, it doesn't have the driver assistance package, so there is no distronic or active cruise control...

Originally Posted by cadetdrivr
Interesting. This looks like a more reasonable option than trying to retrofit the full system provided that’s all one is looking for.
Old 02-22-2024, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EQB2022
I have an EQB 2022. I want to install Distronic Plus for my car, I know that I need to change the front camera and Distronic radar sensor and also need some wiring under the passenger seat. Does anyone have experience or information about this?
Old 02-23-2024, 12:10 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
EQB 300
Originally Posted by Babak1351
I have an EQB 2022. I want to install Distronic Plus for my car, I know that I need to change the front camera and Distronic radar sensor and also need some wiring under the passenger seat. Does anyone have experience or information about this?
I have been looking for a similar upgrade albeit to
. While my car has all the equipment to support Distronic Pro I am just a bit scared about voiding the mfr warranty and any issues during the coding. Do share how it goes for you in case you do decide to go down the path.