Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2022, 12:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
S63 AMG..... RANGE ROVER SPORT SVR
PRE - SAFE FUNCTIONS LIMITED

Hi All,

I wonder if you can help,

A couple of weeks ago I got a PRE SAFE functions limited see owners manual message on start up.... I

press OK it clears and all is normal until next start up, I have looked into it and it says its usual a sensor behind the front bumper that needs cleaning but is there any way of doing this yourself and how ? and where are they located.

I also did a Carsoft scan of the front Radar sensors and this is what it came up with it seems the two with values change when driving and then say the same as the top and bottom column ? any ideas would be gratefully received.

Old 11-25-2022, 12:29 PM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
2016 Mercedes S63 4matic sedan
Has the vehicle been wrecked? Are the sensors clean? Do the sensors show any impact on them. Possibly they need to be calibrated or replaced. Calibration on these for most newer vehicles need to be done with a scan tool and also need a special service tool to get the angle of the sensor to put those numbers into the initialization/calibration procedure. I work for Lexus and have done this many times on wrecked vehicles, after the body shop perform their repair. Just trying to get the back story on the vehicle in question. I have had the message pop up sometimes, however that was during very bad weather in the snow. Just had to clean off the sensors.
Old 11-26-2022, 10:42 AM

Hi,

Many thanks for taking the time to reply,

To confirm the car has never had an accident or any damage and in the two years I have owned the car it has also not shown this fault before... you said you had cleaned your sensors ? which sensors and where are they located please, I would rather try that before a trip to the main dealers

thanks again
Old 11-26-2022, 12:24 PM

I usually clean all the parking sensors in the bumper cover, the sensors that are in the grille (the flat solid piece in the middle top center of the grille, if you have night vision, I also make sure that camera is clean), and the top center of the windshield area (the triangles). Maybe see if that helps. Usually, I make sure all those areas are clean and free of debris.
Old 11-26-2022, 06:38 PM

Hi Thanks again for the reply,

I will clean all the sensors tomorrow and update with any findings

Thank you !
Old 11-27-2022, 09:44 AM

Cleaned all sensors today still same issue ! :-(
Old 11-27-2022, 12:52 PM

Well poo. You may have a faulty sensor or just needs calibration. Sorry. You have done the easiest first step. I would imagine your car battery is in good shape. I have seen batteries that are starting to go, wreak havoc on different computer systems, due to the batteries reference voltage is off. Just throwing that out there. Sometimes I don't think people realize just how important batteries and their voltage are in today's vehicles with all the computers and sensors.
Old 07-15-2024, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just looking
Originally Posted by barryrobinson19
Well poo. You may have a faulty sensor or just needs calibration. Sorry. You have done the easiest first step. I would imagine your car battery is in good shape. I have seen batteries that are starting to go, wreak havoc on different computer systems for Mercedes, due to the battery's reference voltage being off. Just throwing that out there. Sometimes I don't think people realize just how important batteries and their voltage are in today's vehicles with all the computers and sensors.
Hey, Got in my car today and started driving as usual and I noticed a message on display saying 'Pre Safe Functions Limited' Has anyone heard of this or experienced this?? I have searched on Google and found people having the issue but not on the AClass. The only difference today when I was driving was that it was pouring down so don't know if that's got something to do with it. I currently have an a250 Eng. Thanks