Sponsored by:

Eventuri intake and secondary cat delete

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2024, 06:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2020 C63s coupe
Eventuri intake and secondary cat delete

Wondering if eventuri intake adds some induction sound and if someone that already had it installed has any comments about it?

also, thinking about secondary cat delete on my 2020 c63s coupe ? Is it much of a sound difference? Also does the secondary cat delete void warranty !
Old 04-28-2024, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 720 Likes on 701 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to W205 AMG forum...
Old 04-29-2024, 09:43 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
C63s Coupe (FL)
Originally Posted by 2020C63s
Wondering if eventuri intake adds some induction sound and if someone that already had it installed has any comments about it?
installed here, C205 FL - i find it near impossible to detect/note any noise difference from the drivers seat, and in any performance mode. There's plenty of youtube clips with externally mounted camera's/mic's, that do have a mildly noticeably noise difference.

All that being said....can't argue with the fact, it's a physically larger air intake, which is good for engine performance and cooling.....oh, and it looks pretty bad ***!

For an uprated audio experience, and minor installation complexity, install the Renntech valve module/dongle

Old 04-29-2024, 09:50 AM

2020 C63s coupe
Originally Posted by GooseHK
installed here, C205 FL - i find it near impossible to detect/note any noise difference from the drivers seat, and in any performance mode. There's plenty of youtube clips with externally mounted camera's/mic's, that do have a mildly noticeably noise difference.

All that being said....can't argue with the fact, it's a physically larger air intake, which is good for engine performance and cooling.....oh, and it looks pretty bad ***!

For an uprated audio experience, and minor installation complexity, install the Renntech valve module/dongle

nice looks amazing ! Did you notice any extra hp or better throttle response? And were the oil filters oiled or dry filters?

do you got the renntech evm module ? Ive heard some people say it doesn’t do much
Old 04-29-2024, 10:05 AM

C63s Coupe (FL)
Originally Posted by 2020C63s
Did you notice any extra hp or better throttle response?
- i notice engine temps are all lower by 5-10+ degree's, for SURE, and, it takes longer to get up 'warm' (non-blue) every morning with soft/medium driving at ~50-60 km/h (and plenty of slowing/acceleration), Throttle response improvement.....can't tell at all.

Would expect you want to look at something like an ECU remap, if bhp/throttle improvements are what you're looking for.

And were the oil filters oiled or dry filters?
sorry, i don't know..... it was professionally installed, as per the kit. We didn't add/change anything vs. what Eventuri provide.

do you got the renntech evm module ? Ive heard some people say it doesn’t do much
yes, have it installed here (1yr+) - it does zero for performance/power/output - however, it is 100% certainly noticable for sound and 'emotion' when it's enabled, vs-off. By default, i leave my 'on' (ie. 'valves open') all the time. Makes me smile everytime i cold start, or trickle away from the traffic lights with the window slightly down. Plenty of youtube vid's for the install on c63's.... i'd say they're an accurate representation.

Last edited by GooseHK; 04-29-2024 at 10:21 AM.
Old 04-29-2024, 11:07 AM

2020 C63s coupe

- i notice engine temps are all lower by 5-10+ degree's, for SURE, and, it takes longer to get up 'warm' (non-blue) every morning with soft/medium driving at ~50-60 km/h (and plenty of slowing/acceleration), Throttle response improvement.....can't tell at all.

Would expect you want to look at something like an ECU remap, if bhp/throttle improvements are what you're looking for.

sorry, i don't know..... it was professionally installed, as per the kit. We didn't add/change anything vs. what Eventuri provide.

yes, have it installed here (1yr+) - it does zero for performance/power/output - however, it is 100% certainly noticable for sound and 'emotion' when it's enabled, vs-off. By default, i leave my 'on' (ie. 'valves open') all the time. Makes me smile everytime i cold start, or trickle away from the traffic lights with the window slightly down. Plenty of youtube vid's for the install on c63's.... i'd say they're an accurate representation.

thanks for the detailed response !
and ya im trying to shift my way out of getting catless downpipes and a tune lol cus i still have my warranty but its not looking good! Things a monster with catless downpipes and ptg tune
Old 04-29-2024, 11:30 AM

C63s Coupe (FL)
I don't track/race..... but, my 'mods'/additions are...
  • Renntech valve module
  • Eventuri intake
  • KW HAS (replacing eibach springs)
  • Akrapovic exhaust
  • .... plus a bunch of carbon fibre additions (OEM + DMC + Macarbon bespoke)... and all around tints of varying level.... but that's cosmetic
​​​​​​
Also a somewhat upgraded wheel/tire setup;
  • (f) 20x10 (BC mono forged) w/ 275/20/r30 Mich PS4S
  • (r) 20x12 (BC mono forged) w/ 305/20/r30 Mich PS4S
Hands down, the wheel+tire change was the most noticeable (and worthwhile 'mod' / upgrade), which I think is what many on these boards concur with... followed closely by tints (practical and cosmetic basis) !

On the mechanical changes, no codes. Also, no issues at my annual service.
Old 04-30-2024, 08:45 PM

2020 C63s coupe
I don't track/race..... but, my 'mods'/additions are...
  • Renntech valve module
  • Eventuri intake
  • KW HAS (replacing eibach springs)
  • Akrapovic exhaust
  • .... plus a bunch of carbon fibre additions (OEM + DMC + Macarbon bespoke)... and all around tints of varying level.... but that's cosmetic
​​​​​​
Also a somewhat upgraded wheel/tire setup;
  • (f) 20x10 (BC mono forged) w/ 275/20/r30 Mich PS4S
  • (r) 20x12 (BC mono forged) w/ 305/20/r30 Mich PS4S
Hands down, the wheel+tire change was the most noticeable (and worthwhile 'mod' / upgrade), which I think is what many on these boards concur with... followed closely by tints (practical and cosmetic basis) !

On the mechanical changes, no codes. Also, no issues at my annual service.

very nice car brother!

By any chance do you have any videos of revving with ur hood open? And maybe some from the rear to here that exhaust set up ?