Sponsored by:

Thinking change my Stage 2 w/ another company

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2024, 08:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C43 AMG '17
Thinking change my Stage 2 w/ another company

Hello guys, im rethinking to change my stage 2 with diff company as my current stage 2 is poor, before i got latest ecu/tcu updates from dealer the stage was great i was running 1/4mi for 11.76 and 100-200kmh 8.76 now with latest updates and same mapper with stage 2 i can't hit full boost and times for 1/4mi best is 12.53 and 100-200kmh is 10.15

im based in Europe and here a local company did several 43s and this is dyno from them but i think isn't that much compared to US companies power gains or im wrong?

Do you consider for good this dyno or should i skip them?

Any suggestions appreciated (don't want to spend either 1.5/2k$)
Old 07-27-2024, 01:55 PM

Received 384 Likes on 246 Posts
Sounds like the dealer updated some software that overwrote your changes ... reinstall the tune.

The graph looks a little strange, to me. An interpretation would require knowing "what trace is what."
Old 07-27-2024, 02:19 PM

C43 AMG '17
Originally Posted by user33
Sounds like the dealer updated some software that overwrote your changes ... reinstall the tune.

The graph looks a little strange, to me. An interpretation would require knowing "what trace is what."
the problem is that we don't have the backup and my only option is to make on top of the updates good stage 2 but my mapper for some reason don't know what is happening and why we can't achieve same results as before the updates... and this graph is strange for reading to me as well i found one more graph of another 43s that they remapped and seems they make it bit more than the first pic (maybe downpipes/intake) but I assume if this is engine power that makes around 80hp on engine..?

Old 07-30-2024, 07:22 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2005 CL600 (US model) & 2019 S450 Coupe (EU model)
I have a 2019 S450 Coupe and I will be going to the same tuner you went to after I install an upgraded intercooler, the upcoming ZAC intakes, and remove the OPFs (with just straight pipe through there) and I will show the results on the dyno. I have already installed S63 exhaust (pre-facelift, the ****ty m157 5.5 liter engine that scratches 1st and 5th cylinders at 60k km because of the famous coating), but I will not remove the cats. Currently, it runs pretty much according to spec (367 Hp and 500 Nm), see attachment below. Note, the car has 80500 km on the clock.

Old 08-21-2024, 03:59 PM

C43 AMG '17
Originally Posted by Lou275
I have a 2019 S450 Coupe and I will be going to the same tuner you went to after I install an upgraded intercooler, the upcoming ZAC intakes, and remove the OPFs (with just straight pipe through there) and I will show the results on the dyno. I have already installed S63 exhaust (pre-facelift, the ****ty m157 5.5 liter engine that scratches 1st and 5th cylinders at 60k km because of the famous coating), but I will not remove the cats. Currently, it runs pretty much according to spec (367 Hp and 500 Nm), see attachment below. Note, the car has 80500 km on the clock.

Where are you based and which company you will try?
Old 08-22-2024, 08:10 PM

https://www.madness-motorsport.com/
Old 08-23-2024, 02:10 AM

C43 AMG '17
lol.. 🤣 yes I talk for them
Old 08-23-2024, 11:41 PM

I had a friend who had a Canadian 2015 C400 sedan - he said that with only the tune they made about 460HP. He later installed custom exhaust and removed the cats - pretty much straight piped, and added WMI. Before he totaled the car and unfortunately himself, he said it put slightly over 500HP on the crank with these upgrades. The car had less than 100k km on the clock.

What I plan to do before going to the tuner for Stage 1 is the following:

1. (DONE) Pre-face S63 coupe exhaust.
2. Removal of the OPFs (located right after the cats) and just placing a straight pipe through there. I will not remove the cats because of these new laws in our country.
3. ZAC intake (thread) - this one is still under development, but it seems to be the best in for the M276 engine (apart from LogosEngineering), as it directs the air directly in the turbo without passing through half of the engine bay. My thread about these was here: https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...pe-choice.html
4. TATechnix intercooler - pretty much the same as the famous Wagner intercooler, I made a list here: https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...it-choice.html
5. Auxiliary wheel arch heat exchanger - described here: https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...-upgrades.html
6. Whole lot of maintenance - engine oil, trans oil, diffs oil, spark plugs, the famous vacuum pump check valve responsible for the boost issues, and the turbo boost solenoid, etc. I want to make sure that the car is well maintained before tuning.

By the way do you know if these guys do TCU upgrades for the 725.9 - and I don't mean to "make it shift fast!" kind of upgrades but just so that the transmission adapts to the new way the engine puts the power and there isn't much jerkiness? Has anyone done it with them?

------------------
P.S.

If I were to tune further, I would go directly for Stage 3 (maybe 700 HP+ - check here, a guy recently did that):
1. Split transmission cooling
2. Upgraded turbos - not sure who has the best, haven't done any research
3. HPFP and LPFP from Spool performance. We are lucky that our injectors are the very same from the m278 and m157 engines hehe.
5. Aftermarket (most likely built on order) rods, pistons, and crankshaft bearings
6. The 9G transmission from either the S560 or the S63 facelift - our transmissions for the m276 are rated at the miserable 500Nm, and I haven't heard anyone complaining even after tune, but I think at Stage 3 when you put over 750-900 Nm you will need the one that is rated at 700 or 900Nm, respectively. Discussion on this here: https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...iscussion.html
7. More cooling where possible.
8. Proper ECU and TCU tunes.

Going Stage 2 - like for example split transmission cooling, maybe LPFP, HPFP and upgraded turbos perhaps is not optimal because it will reduce the reliability of the car too much - you may bend a rod or crack a piston, maybe scratch crankshaft bearings or rod bearings, or break the transmission. In other words, I think that going for say 550HP+ on the crank without trans and engine internals upgrade is rather risky.

All of this being said, I think if you go for higher than Stage 1, you may want to consider M176 or M177(LS1/LS2) engines as the cost of upgrading a V6 would already be too high and you will need someone who is really good at engine building and tuning like Tasos.

Last edited by Lou275; 08-23-2024 at 11:45 PM.
Old 08-24-2024, 12:37 PM

I had a friend who had a Canadian 2015 C400 sedan - he said that with only the tune they made about 460HP. He later installed custom exhaust and removed the cats - pretty much straight piped, and added WMI. Before he totaled the car and unfortunately himself, he said it put slightly over 500HP on the crank with these upgrades. The car had less than 100k km on the clock.

2. Removal of the OPFs (located right after the cats) and just placing a straight pipe through there. I will not remove the cats because of these new laws in our country.
3. ZAC intake (thread) - this one is still under development, but it seems to be the best in for the M276 engine (apart from LogosEngineering), as it directs the air directly in the turbo without passing through half of the engine bay. My thread about these was here: https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...pe-choice.html
4. TATechnix intercooler - pretty much the same as the famous Wagner intercooler, I made a list here: https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...it-choice.html
5. Auxiliary wheel arch heat exchanger - described here: https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...-upgrades.html
6. Whole lot of maintenance - engine oil, trans oil, diffs oil, spark plugs, the famous vacuum pump check valve responsible for the boost issues, and the turbo boost solenoid, etc. I want to make sure that the car is well maintained before tuning.

By the way do you know if these guys do TCU upgrades for the 725.9 - and I don't mean to "make it shift fast!" kind of upgrades but just so that the transmission adapts to the new way the engine puts the power and there isn't much jerkiness? Has anyone done it with them?

------------------
P.S.

If I were to tune further, I would go directly for Stage 3 (maybe 700 HP+ - check here, a guy recently did that):
3. HPFP and LPFP from Spool performance. We are lucky that our injectors are the very same from the m278 and m157 engines hehe.
5. Aftermarket (most likely built on order) rods, pistons, and crankshaft bearings
6. The 9G transmission from either the S560 or the S63 facelift - our transmissions for the m276 are rated at the miserable 500Nm, and I haven't heard anyone complaining even after tune, but I think at Stage 3 when you put over 750-900 Nm you will need the one that is rated at 700 or 900Nm, respectively. Discussion on this here: https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...iscussion.html

Going Stage 2 - like for example split transmission cooling, maybe LPFP, HPFP and upgraded turbos perhaps is not optimal because it will reduce the reliability of the car too much - you may bend a rod or crack a piston, maybe scratch crankshaft bearings or rod bearings, or break the transmission. In other words, I think that going for say 550HP+ on the crank without trans and engine internals upgrade is rather risky.

All of this being said, I think if you go for higher than Stage 1, you may want to consider M176 or M177(LS1/LS2) engines as the cost of upgrading a V6 would already be too high and you will need someone who is really good at engine building and tuning like Tasos.
Actually, Stage 3 puts about 610HP - something you will get from stock E or S63 with the m177 LS2 engine. https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...o-upgrade.html
Old 08-28-2024, 10:57 AM

C43 AMG '17

------------------
P.S.

So your friend was at Madness and hit 460hp on crank? do you know what times he gave on 0-100kmh, 1/4mi?

When I spoke to Madness they said that they're not doing TCU at least for my c43, so you should ask them for your one if they can (probably not..)

Not sure how good are at Benz as prev owner of my car live in Plovdiv (where are they located) and he decide to make the remap out of the country (don't know the reasons)

But your plan mods looks solid and you should run good times tho

Where are you based in Europe?
Old 08-28-2024, 07:19 PM

Yes he got the Madess ECU tune and told me he got 460 at the crank, I am not sure what he was doing 0-100, I think upper - like 3.6~9, not sure about 1/4m because he got in the accident quite quickly. I have the 725 9G-tronic transmission, if they don't do for the 7G-tronic they won't be doing for mine as well. I will first do the hardware stuff and then go to Madness and see how well they are doing, if I am dissatisfied I will go elsewhere - for me it is important to hit proper fuel-to-air ratio and few tuners can do that the right way and sacrifice the car's life for no reason. Not sure how fast the car will be overall because its 2050 kg, but I want abit more out of it because now it is just too slow. Can continue in dm if you want