SL-Class (R230) 2003 -- 2012: Discussion on the SL500, SL550, SL600

SL/R230: SL600 Cold air intake project

Old 03-28-2018, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 265 Posts
2006 S600
Originally Posted by vee12
I see the K&N CIA systems for Camaros, Mustangs, trucks, etc in JEGS catalogs (and others)...using a poly/plastic/silicone runner from the throttle body to the filter. It would seem that at least one (or maybe a couple) of these applications might have a size and/or shape RUNNER that would fit onto our TTV12s from the turbo to the radiator support. Has anyone done any research in this area? Sure would be nice to have a "pre-fabbed" factory looking plastic runner without all the hose clamps and BS. I wish I could go out to the Summit Racing store here in Atlanta and pilfer through their entire CIA inventory and see if one of those damn things would fit.
Not sure what you're trying to achieve there? The V12TT already has a good cold air intake.

What it doesn't have is a good, low restriction, air filter. Using a large conical or cylindrical after-market air filter can be a big improvement, but it's a big c hallenge to plumb those in.

Look out for the threads by Ekselent - he did a very nice job (might be this thread - I can't see).

https://mbworld.org/forums/sl-class-...e-project.html

Nick

Last edited by Welwynnick; 03-28-2018 at 01:56 PM.
Old 04-22-2018, 09:15 PM

Received 93 Likes on 73 Posts
SL 600
Took off my bumper and headlights earlier in the week, looks like there's ample room before the grill area to add the intake filters, the piping can be routed. Will be attempting this when i gather all the parts