SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Veloce Performance Loses a Team Member...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Veloce Performance Loses a Team Member...

If you aren't a dog person then this won't have a big meaning. But if you are, I am sure that you will understand.

In addition to Veloce Performance, I have a medical practice. I also have 2 Newfoundland dogs. Smooch is 14 and Montana was 12. These guys have been involved in both my practice and the tuning business for quite some time.

In the office, Montana would greet the patients and if they were having a bad day, she would nuzzle up to them and all their stress would melt away. In the tuning business both Smooch and Montana keep the people company and set the owners at ease while we were doing local installs. Montana died last night in my arms. She wasn't sick. I guess it was just her time. She had a great life, but it's never long enough.

Montana was a great member of our team and will be sorely missed. Here is a shot of her on her favorite couch in the waiting room.
Attached Thumbnails Veloce Performance Loses a Team Member...-montana-couch-fresco.jpg  
Old 06-06-2008, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL65, 427 COBRA (CSX-3127)73 911S, 246GTS (DINO SPYDER), CORNICHE,1962 PORSCHE TWIN GRILLE ROADSTER+
I hate large dogs...Thats why I only have 2!

Sorry to hear about the loss of a family member...12 and 14 wow! thats incredibly old for such a large dog..

We have always had very large German Shepards...

We lost this guy about 5 years and he only made 10 years....
The second one is the new improved 2003 model...

I have always had special covers made for all of my cars (Porsches,Corniche,MBs etc) including one for the back and center console of my SL55 and SL65 so the pooch can always go with me and not destroy the interior.
Attached Thumbnails Veloce Performance Loses a Team Member...-yogi.jpg   Veloce Performance Loses a Team Member...-1-roscoe.jpg  

Last edited by EXECMALIBU; 06-06-2008 at 03:42 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Montana was never into sports cars, but loves rides in the back of the G Wagon, the M3 or the M5. Typical girl wants to be pampered.

Smooch on the other hand is a car guy. Aside from trying to get into the cockpit of the Indycar, he may hold the Newfy Land Speed Record of 201 mph in an F40!
Old 06-06-2008, 04:06 PM

SL65, 427 COBRA (CSX-3127)73 911S, 246GTS (DINO SPYDER), CORNICHE,1962 PORSCHE TWIN GRILLE ROADSTER+
YOGI LIKED THE 427 COBRA (CSX 3127)

Around the race tracks in the pitts (Riverside, Willow Springs, Laguna Seca) in the 1970s-80s I was always known as that "Porsche guy with the huge German Shepard"

Even though it is 30 years later because I still bring a German Shepard to current Porsche,Ferrari and other Race events I am often asked "is that the same dog?"

I always answer no that was the 1971 model and this one is a much never...

Last edited by EXECMALIBU; 06-06-2008 at 04:29 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:14 PM

2008 BMW 335i Coupe (Six-speed Manual)
Sorry to hear. It sucks they age 7x our age.
Attached Thumbnails Veloce Performance Loses a Team Member...-sp_a0029.jpg  
Old 06-06-2008, 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by EXECMALIBU
Around the race tracks in the pitts (Riverside, Willow Springs, Laguna Seca) in the 1970s-80s I was always known as that "Porsche guy with the huge German Shepard"

Even though it is 30 years later because I still bring a German Shepard to current Porsche,Ferrari and other Race events I am often asked "is that the same dog?"

I always answer no that was the 1971 model and this one is a much never...
When I ran the Indycar regularly, Smooch would always be in our pits and go up and greet visitors. He loved going to the track so much that we named the team 'Black Paws Racing'. The logo was the Ferrari shield with a paw print in leu of the horse.
Attached Images  
Old 06-06-2008, 07:42 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S600TT, R350
Dino, sorry to hear about your loss.

I have lost a number of dogs over the years, I know that empty feeling inside.

Best Wishes!

Trending Topics

Old 06-06-2008, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks man. She was a good girl and she was a real member of our team.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:00 PM
PTE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 ML-500 , 03 CLK5.5 AMG has left the Garage
Smooch has lost a friend too

There is a special Place up there for Montana, He had a special place in your life & Heart. You , your patients & Friend have the comfort knowing Montana. Dino ,you will have room for another . Warmest Regards ___PTEngineering. AKA Patrick T.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by PTE
There is a special Place up there for Montana, He had a special place in your life & Heart. You , your patients & Friend have the comfort knowing Montana. Dino ,you will have room for another . Warmest Regards ___PTEngineering. AKA Patrick T.
Thanks. I feel very privileged to have known her for the 12 years she was with me.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:01 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
My condolences on your loss of a loved one.

The Wait Beside the Gate

It has been said that just this side of Heaven's gate there is a beautiful meadow of lush green grass. Warm sunshine casts pools of shade beneath the blossoming trees, and gentle breezes carry all fragrances of springtime. To this very meadow every beloved pet goes when it dies.

Here old pets happily find themselves young again. Pets who were sick or maimed are completely well and whole. An abundance of delicious food and favorite playthings are always near at hand. A wonderful place is this, where they can play all day.

Something is missing, though. Or rather, someone is missing. You see, each one misses that special person who loved them, the one they loved so much. But in the very same way they knew that special one would return at the end of each day, they know to wait beside the gate. In the meantime, they merrily run and romp and wrestle and play.

And then it happens, and one day the breeze carries a different, well-remembered scent. In the middle of romping and playing, or even while napping in the shade, a nose begins to twitch. Ears perk up as eager eyes quickly find the source of that special scent. Four feet begin running and quickly separate that one from all the rest. The waiting is over! You are finally coming!

Joyfully, there beside the gate, you and your special pet meet again. Hugs and kisses and licks and love meet in one big happy embrace. You both celebrate as you hug the neck and stroke the side of your beloved pet. Once again you hold that special face and look deeply into those trusting, loving eyes. And then, side by side you go through the gate, never to be separated again.

Finally, the wait beside the gate is over.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by amdeutsch
My condolences on your loss of a loved one.

The Wait Beside the Gate

It has been said that just this side of Heaven's gate there is a beautiful meadow of lush green grass. Warm sunshine casts pools of shade beneath the blossoming trees, and gentle breezes carry all fragrances of springtime. To this very meadow every beloved pet goes when it dies.

Here old pets happily find themselves young again. Pets who were sick or maimed are completely well and whole. An abundance of delicious food and favorite playthings are always near at hand. A wonderful place is this, where they can play all day.

Something is missing, though. Or rather, someone is missing. You see, each one misses that special person who loved them, the one they loved so much. But in the very same way they knew that special one would return at the end of each day, they know to wait beside the gate. In the meantime, they merrily run and romp and wrestle and play.

And then it happens, and one day the breeze carries a different, well-remembered scent. In the middle of romping and playing, or even while napping in the shade, a nose begins to twitch. Ears perk up as eager eyes quickly find the source of that special scent. Four feet begin running and quickly separate that one from all the rest. The waiting is over! You are finally coming!

Joyfully, there beside the gate, you and your special pet meet again. Hugs and kisses and licks and love meet in one big happy embrace. You both celebrate as you hug the neck and stroke the side of your beloved pet. Once again you hold that special face and look deeply into those trusting, loving eyes. And then, side by side you go through the gate, never to be separated again.

Finally, the wait beside the gate is over.
Surely this is an effort (successful btw) in soaking my keyboard in salty, ocular excretions! Thanks for your thoughts.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:59 PM

E320
rip montana...
Old 06-07-2008, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
12 years amazing, what an incredible dog. I am deeply saddened when I see someone has lost a team member, family member, best friend in the world!!

Makes me cry
Old 06-07-2008, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by juicee63
12 years amazing, what an incredible dog. I am deeply saddened when I see someone has lost a team member, family member, best friend in the world!!

Makes me cry
We have a monthly Cars & Coffee gathering in Scottsdale, the first Sat of the month, and as I relayed Montana's story to some of the group (they also all know Smooch and Montana), it was interesting to see a dozen exoticar driving 'tough guys' shedding some tears over her.

I guess we are all a little weak when it comes to our 'best friends'.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
Dino, my condolences. Sorry to hear about your loss, but it appears that she had a long and happy life. And for that, we can be grateful.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Can Drive 55
Dino, my condolences. Sorry to hear about your loss, but it appears that she had a long and happy life. And for that, we can be grateful.
Thanks. She did have a great life, and for some reason her 14 year old brother is acting like a puppy again!
Old 06-11-2008, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by IngenereAMG
Surely this is an effort (successful btw) in soaking my keyboard in salty, ocular excretions! Thanks for your thoughts.
I don't think amdeutsch wrote this originally, as I've seen it before on the internet it's called "Rainbow Bridge" excellent moving words

I feel for you bro, I lost my Brindle male Great Dane "Atlas" Last year Nov 11, 2007....Best friend I ever had! He lived to be 11 1/2 very old for a Dane, it literally crushed my world when he passed last year, I had to euthanize him due to "Wobblers Syndrome" (It's a common ailment of the spine in large active dogs) I held his head in my hands & stared into his eyes as he passed, as the Vet administered the shot. I still miss him/think of him ~every day~

I couldn't stand the pain and bought a 2 month old steel Blue female Great Dane "Athena" a few months ago, I had her flown into LAX from Southern Iowa, she's eased my pain greatly but "Atlas" will NEVER be replaced the memories he left make me smile n' cry at the same time.

Anyhow I wanted to give you my sincere condolences, as I know 1st hand what you are going thru take care bro.

A new puppy brings great responsibility, new memories, & lottsa LOVE

"Atlas" snoozin' on the end of my bed....

"Athena" 1st day at her new home! playing tug O' war w/one of my socks..

Last edited by Thericker; 06-11-2008 at 10:46 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Thericker
I don't think amdeutsch wrote this originally, as I've seen it before on the internet it's called "Rainbow Bridge" excellent moving words

I feel for you bro, I lost my Brindle male Great Dane "Atlas" Last year Nov 11, 2007....Best friend I ever had! He lived to be 11 1/2 very old for a Dane, it literally crushed my world when he passed last year, I had to euthanize him due to "Wobblers Syndrome" (It's a common ailment of the spine in large active dogs) I held his head in my hands & stared into his eyes as he passed, as the Vet administered the shot. I still miss him/think of him ~every day~

I couldn't stand the pain and bought a 2 month old steel Blue female Great Dane "Athena" a few months ago, I had her flown into LAX from Southern Iowa, she's eased my pain greatly but "Atlas" will NEVER be replaced the memories he left make me smile n' cry at the same time.

Anyhow I wanted to give you my sincere condolences, as I know 1st hand what you are going thru take care bro.

A new puppy brings great responsibility, new memories, & lottsa LOVE

"Atlas" snoozin' on the end of my bed....

"Athena" 1st day at her new home! playing tug O' war w/one of my socks..
Our 'friends' give us so much more than they take. With Newfies, there is always a dog hair challenge. If you have them, dog hair becomes a condiment! I will always have Newfs, but each one is special in there own way.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Just read your post about the fund raiser. What a great idea.

I grewup with Newfs in upsate New York. Still my favorite dog to date.

Some great memories......

Had a male that was bred from the world record holder at the time for pulling. He kept breaking his chain when females when into heat so my dad used a pretty large steel chain to keep him attached to his huge doghouse. . Call from the neighbors, "Uhhh, are you the ones who own those massive black dogs?" We reply yes and ask why. "Cause there is a large black one literally pulling his dog house down the street". Man was my dad pissed, but he was laughing all the way down to get him too.

Finally, we grew up in the rolling hills upstate and when we would go swimming in the local lake, the friggin dogs would always try to "save us". For those that don't know, Newfs were thrown overboard in rough seas off the coast of Newfoundland many times to save men who went overboard. Incredible swimmers who will give their lives to save yours. Never gave them a single lesson, but they instinctively knew exactly what to do. Swear to you it's the truth. Wild to watch it.

Gosh I miss them. Long time gone now.

From one hardcore Newfy fan to another, my condolences.

Jim

Last edited by Jakpro1; 06-13-2008 at 03:35 PM.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Jakpro1
Just read your post about the fund raiser. What a great idea.

I grewup with Newfs in upsate New York. Still my favorite dog to date.

Some great memories......

Had a male that was bred from the world record holder at the time for pulling. He kept breaking his chain when females when into heat so my dad used a pretty large steel chain to keep him attached to his huge doghouse. . Call from the neighbors, "Uhhh, are you the ones who own those massive black dogs?" We reply yes and ask why. "Cause there is a large black one literally pulling his dog house down the street". Man was my dad pissed, but he was laughing all the way down to get him too.

Finally, we grew up in the rolling hills upstate and when we would go swimming in the local lake, the friggin dogs would always try to "save us". For those that don't know, Newfs were thrown overboard in rough seas off the coast of Newfoundland many times to save men who went overboard. Incredible swimmers who will give their lives to save yours. Never gave them a single lesson, but they instinctively knew exactly what to do. Swear to you it's the truth. Wild to watch it.

Gosh I miss them. Long time gone now.

From one hardcore Newfy fan to another, my condolences.

Jim
I can't imagine not having at least one around. Newfy people always have interesting stories. I can just see your big lug dragging his dog house down the street.

I do allot of swimming and for years they would watch me swim and from time to time I would fake drowning, and sure enough they would take turns coming to 'save' me. They would swim out to me. I would wrap my arms around them and off to the shore they went! They just had to make sure the 'food guy' made it to the next meal!

Great dogs!
Old 06-15-2008, 07:39 AM

SL55, CL55, Range Rover, Lexus LX470
Sorry to hear that

Dino, I know how you feel about your dog she was a beauty, I cried for three days and nights when I ran over my dog in the drive way two years ago and yes I did cry even though I'm hard as woodpecker lips. He followed me outside one early early morning on my way to P.T. and I had no clue he was behind me and the rest u can imagine. I buried him in my back yard and to this day it still bothers me. Funny how one can go to Iraq and not give two sh_ts about a human being when you take them out, but when it comes to animals I cant handle it well. Take it easy Bro.

Rangers Lead The Way!
Old 06-16-2008, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by charles pearson
Dino, I know how you feel about your dog she was a beauty, I cried for three days and nights when I ran over my dog in the drive way two years ago and yes I did cry even though I'm hard as woodpecker lips. He followed me outside one early early morning on my way to P.T. and I had no clue he was behind me and the rest u can imagine. I buried him in my back yard and to this day it still bothers me. Funny how one can go to Iraq and not give two sh_ts about a human being when you take them out, but when it comes to animals I cant handle it well. Take it easy Bro.

Rangers Lead The Way!
Thanks Charles. It's amazing how close we can get with our furry friends.

Are you back from your training? How is the car running?
Old 06-16-2008, 08:23 PM

SL55, CL55, Range Rover, Lexus LX470
Originally Posted by IngenereAMG
Thanks Charles. It's amazing how close we can get with our furry friends.

Are you back from your training? How is the car running?
Hello Dino, I have six more weeks before I graduate. As for my SL 55 I really am frustrated due to the fact that ever since I replaced my IC pump with the Johnson CM30 my car will not run past 120 mph. It shuts down and a total loss of power occurs once I get to 120mph. I have just had the pulley installed just this past weekend and I was hoping that the issue lied with me not having the pulley installed due to the fact that the car was tuned for the larger pulley, but I'm thinking that the IC pump is not functioning like it should. The problem that I think I might have is that the OEM Bosch pump has three outlets on it and the Johnson pump comes with two outlets. I was instructed to clamp off the third hose they told me it was just a breather hose and that it was not important, but I'm thinking differently now. I think that i have the wrong pump for my SL and that your tune is straight, I have all the power in the world until I hit 120mph than she just shuts down with NO ummfth in it what so ever, it's quite embarrassing for me when I get on her on the interstate and I just loose momentum. Can you find the time to research the additional hose that I have clamped off and what exactly is it's purpose? I used the same pump for my CL55 and she runs great but my SL55 runs like crap and with me in school I have absolutely no time during the work week to resolve my issues, I am locked down completely during the week and allowed to take a weekend pass to visit my wife and son.