SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: SL500.65 BLACK SERIES PHOTO SHOOT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cls baby
SL500.65 BLACK SERIES PHOTO SHOOT

Old 06-18-2010, 01:34 PM

SL55 amg
very nice wheels, donz/rennen?
Old 06-18-2010, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
W215 V12TT Build by Speedriven, W221 S550 4Matic
That looks awesome. How much is this kit???
Old 06-18-2010, 01:45 PM

cls baby
24k for the kit
Wheels are from Rennen.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Car Whore
who would waste that $ on an SL500?
Old 06-18-2010, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
03SL55
Can this car be seen in person?
Old 06-19-2010, 12:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Dump that 4x4 NOW!!!!!!!! Look's like it's on Sport 2 highest setting? Nice to see you shaved the SL65 blk series & V12 badges off errr P-chop'd/shaved

Kit does look good though, to bad it's got squirrel-cage powa
Old 06-19-2010, 12:49 AM

AMG SL55
dropped the price down from $40K since April? Signs of a bad economy. Guess you have to take pictures very early in Long Island City on a car without plates.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 Rover, 2014 Viper
Originally Posted by Thericker
Dump that 4x4 NOW!!!!!!!! Look's like it's on Sport 2 highest setting? Nice to see you shaved the SL65 blk series & V12 badges off errr P-chop'd/shaved

Kit does look good though, to bad it's got squirrel-cage powa
Photo-shoped for sure. You can still see teh v12 badge on the drivers side in some pics.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:25 PM

2014 Rover, 2014 Viper
Is this the car that had a post about it where the "OWNER" raved about Sarona finishing the kit in a few weeks time and then it turns out that the post was actually posted by Sarona owner as a cheap way to promote his project?????

There was also a comment about someone seeing the car inperson and saying the quality was less then perfect.

Looks good in pics and for 24K sounds like a good price for the entire BS conversion w/new body style front end. I two would love to see the car in person and pay attention to all the small details.

I was also informed that they wont sell the parts to you if you wanted your own body shop to do the work.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:57 PM

AMG SL55
I'm the one that posted about seeing the car in person at the NYC Javits car show back in April. They rented a small space on one of the lobby floors outside the actual exhibition hall. The fit on some pieces were less than perfect and the paint was not a first rate job with a lot of orange peel, their answer was that they did the whole job in 1 week. They thought they could charge $40K and get plenty of customers, but the fact that they already cut the price in half to $20K shows that there aren’t any customers out there willing to pay that amount. Most probably they’re getting the parts made for them in china for under $10K in either plastic or fiberglass (no way there is anything in it made of CF) and trying to make $10K in labor charges for their trouble. The shop is one of a huge bunch of small body shops on queens blvd, I recognized it from the original post and pictures shot in that area which also has about half a dozen speed shops that sell all the custom car goodies and wheels, the latest pix are all shot in Long Island City near the shop as well, notice no plates on the car? Notice no humans on the streets, the pix were shot way early in the morning because that area is bumper to bumper with traffic all day long, and yeah it’s pretty obvious the shop owner that’s selling this kit under the sarona brand name is the guy posting this stuff. I thought you had to be a sponsor to sell your **** on here. Listen, the bottom line is that overall the kit looks good if more time and care are taken to put everything together and painted /finished properly. There is no way you’re going to fool people that know what a real BS looks like and laypersons that don’t know what a BS Benz is in the first place or what the AMG badge means, they don’t care anyway. This kit is to satisfy someone that likes the look and wants their car to look like it. As for me, I love my SL55 with some add on goodies, new wheels and rubber and in a couple of years sell it and get a newer car. No way I’m going to invest more than the resale value of the car in custom stuff, I’m not that emotionally attached to the car.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:36 PM
PGT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 E550 4Matic with P1/LED/Pano
Originally Posted by marios13
24k for the kit
Wheels are from Rennen.
how much for the photoshop needed to replicate those pictures?
Old 06-20-2010, 04:42 PM

SL500 R230
this is hilarious...everybody is tearing this guy a new a-hole
i know it was a dick move to pretend to be the owner of the car rather than the shop but he is just trying to make a couple of $$
he didnt make it clear if 24 is for the conversion or the kit by itself shipped, plus last time 40 included the wheels...im not so sure anymore
my biggest pet peeve is that its done on a sl500
i would do it on a sl65 or a rennteched sl600 so as not to look like a total tool.
the car itself looks awesome (minus the rims, id go with something a little more menacing rather than blingy) but all show and no go? thats pretty lame

marios13,
here is a chance to clear up your name with all those that are doubting you:
do you own the shop, yes or no?
are the pictures photoshopped?
what exactly is included in the price?
how many conversions have you done?
are there any pictures of other cars?...as this is definitely the same car over and over again

i think if you took the time to let people know the truth instead of insulting their intelligence (and it is obviously pretty vast as some of these guys seem to know more than the mechanics in mb), you would have a more positive outcome and perhaps some customers for your kits...my .02
Old 06-20-2010, 04:49 PM

2014 Rover, 2014 Viper
Originally Posted by eleven
i know it was a dick move to pretend to be the owner of the car rather than the shop but he is just trying to make a couple of $$
he didnt make it clear if 24 is for the conversion or the kit by itself shipped, plus last time 40 included the wheels...im not so sure anymore
i would do it on a sl65 or a rennteched sl600 so as not to look like a total tool.
the car itself looks awesome (minus the rims, id go with something a little more menacing rather than blingy) but all show and no go? thats pretty lame

marios13,
are there any pictures of other cars?...as this is definitely the same car over and over again

i think if you took the time to let people know the truth instead of insulting their intelligence (and it is obviously pretty vast as some of these guys seem to know more than the mechanics in mb), you would have a more positive outcome and perhaps some customers for your kits...my .02
Sounds like your a big Marios13 fan. A friend maybe??? Marios13 under a new screen name perhaps?
Old 06-20-2010, 04:53 PM

2014 Rover, 2014 Viper
There's plenty of ways of doing business the honest way with out being deceptive. His actions proved that he was willing to make $$$$ at anyone's expense. Just my 2c.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
all the hate in this thread is quite delicious!
Old 06-21-2010, 11:02 AM

SL500 R230
Originally Posted by anton28
Sounds like your a big Marios13 fan. A friend maybe??? Marios13 under a new screen name perhaps?
Anton,
Are your parents related? Its a pretty simple question...are they related? I called this guy out on everything of which he was accused and you call me a fan? My join date is in March which is hardly a new screen name...that was a great attempt at a conspiracy theory. I suggest you avoid sharp objects as you obviously have the IQ of the bench on which Forrest Gump sat.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:32 PM

cls baby

marios13,

It's unbelievable the hate that is on this forum. HATE is where it's at.

First let me start saying I am not the owner of Sarona.
Sal is the owner of Sarona which is located at 70-55 Queens Blvd in Woodside.

The pictures are not photoshopped. In the previous pictures you saw no badges on the trunk but the V12 are on the fenders as it still is in the pictures.

24k is the price of the parts.
Front bumper
Front Lip
Grill
Hood
Head Lights
Fenders
Side skirts
Rear 1/4 Panels
Rear Bumper
Rear Tail lights
Trunk Wing Not adjustable
Exhaust Tips
Wheels not included.

I have spoken to the owner many times to offer the kit to everyone, some would not send their cars over. Hence that is why he is offering at that price per your request.

We have done many conversions already.

Last edited by marios13; 06-21-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:51 PM

cls baby
Originally Posted by GroovyMambo
I'm the one that posted about seeing the car in person at the NYC Javits car show back in April. They rented a small space on one of the lobby floors outside the actual exhibition hall. The fit on some pieces were less than perfect and the paint was not a first rate job with a lot of orange peel, their answer was that they did the whole job in 1 week. They thought they could charge $40K and get plenty of customers, but the fact that they already cut the price in half to $20K shows that there aren’t any customers out there willing to pay that amount. Most probably they’re getting the parts made for them in china for under $10K in either plastic or fiberglass (no way there is anything in it made of CF) and trying to make $10K in labor charges for their trouble. The shop is one of a huge bunch of small body shops on queens blvd, I recognized it from the original post and pictures shot in that area which also has about half a dozen speed shops that sell all the custom car goodies and wheels, the latest pix are all shot in Long Island City near the shop as well, notice no plates on the car? Notice no humans on the streets, the pix were shot way early in the morning because that area is bumper to bumper with traffic all day long, and yeah it’s pretty obvious the shop owner that’s selling this kit under the sarona brand name is the guy posting this stuff. I thought you had to be a sponsor to sell your **** on here. Listen, the bottom line is that overall the kit looks good if more time and care are taken to put everything together and painted /finished properly. There is no way you’re going to fool people that know what a real BS looks like and laypersons that don’t know what a BS Benz is in the first place or what the AMG badge means, they don’t care anyway. This kit is to satisfy someone that likes the look and wants their car to look like it. As for me, I love my SL55 with some add on goodies, new wheels and rubber and in a couple of years sell it and get a newer car. No way I’m going to invest more than the resale value of the car in custom stuff, I’m not that emotionally attached to the car.
1st off why don't you learn how to read and write. I said 24k would be for the parts. $40k would include the work and the wheels. Why are you so quick to attack and not learn to read and type correctly. You insists that the kit is made in China, why don't you come by and let me prove it to you.

Would you like me to take pictures of the molds with my middle finger point up to you so you know it was done today? would that satisfy you?

You can sit here all day with me and watch us make the parts. Would that make you feel better. Then you'll see where the parts are made.

As for the finishing product you are 100% with the orange peel no lie in that. As I said we were building that car to debut it at the Javit show. We had no intentions in going to the show. Until Dub Magazine called us and told us if we were interested in going. We said sure. So **** we started working really hard.

As for the pictures, those were taken on Thursday night in lic, by the condos and it was in a dead end street by the coca cola sign. What's the problem with having no plate? And why am I fooling people. You think I have some vendetta to hurt people or scam people? why are you so cynical?

And yes it's your choice if you want to dump money in to your car, everything we do in life it's because you want to do it and you have your reasons as to why they or you do it.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:57 PM

cls baby
Who here is from New York? I am inviting you to come by.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:19 PM

cls baby
Here you go. Proud American MADE.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:47 PM

2010 E Class
The car looks like a baja bug with those deep dish wheels and lift kit !
Old 06-21-2010, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 S430, 2004 Cobra, 2004 Tahoe
From the looks of it, the wheels are too big, that is why the car is jacked up like a 4x4. I personally don't care if someone does this to a 500, 550, 600, or 65, just don't represent like you have something and do not (ie V12 badge on a V8). Pictures look good, cannot see up close, but im sure the quality is there.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:18 PM

cls baby
Originally Posted by Blk04cobra1
From the looks of it, the wheels are too big, that is why the car is jacked up like a 4x4. I personally don't care if someone does this to a 500, 550, 600, or 65, just don't represent like you have something and do not (ie V12 badge on a V8). Pictures look good, cannot see up close, but im sure the quality is there.
What the Sarona BS car needs is a Air module chip to allow it to go lower.
TC did it. Here's one they did and looks great. And they have the badges too. This is our project car. Do what you want with your SL BS Replica.

Last edited by marios13; 06-21-2010 at 04:22 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:29 PM

2014 Rover, 2014 Viper
Anton,
Are your parents related? Its a pretty simple question...are they related? I called this guy out on everything of which he was accused and you call me a fan? My join date is in March which is hardly a new screen name...that was a great attempt at a conspiracy theory. I suggest you avoid sharp objects as you obviously have the IQ of the bench on which Forrest Gump sat.
I love it....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: SL500.65 BLACK SERIES PHOTO SHOOT