SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Trunk intercooler tank?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-21-2010, 05:38 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Trunk intercooler tank?

The SL,S and CL class car comes with a automatic air bleeding sytem for the intercooler. How are your tank systems plummed? Did you seperate the system and if so use another tank under hood? Anyway to keep the auto bleed system in place? If you added an extra tank pump, how is that wired? Into the same fuse as the main direct wire pump?

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 06-22-2010, 07:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E320
Search for the Threads started by Jaycl600.

He made a thread about that.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
As far as I know it is not a "closed" system anymore after the rear reservoir is installed. I believe any air bubbles will flow to the reservoir tank and bubble up. I know people have installed an additional pump in the rear. I am not sure how they wired it. But usually they wire it to run when the ignition is on, not connected to the ECU.

Tom
Old 06-22-2010, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL600 (1000 hp), Cayenne S, 996TT EVO GT750, F430 Spyder,A real Ford GT, 08 Gallardo Spyder
x

Originally Posted by TMC M5
As far as I know it is not a "closed" system anymore after the rear reservoir is installed. I believe any air bubbles will flow to the reservoir tank and bubble up. I know people have installed an additional pump in the rear. I am not sure how they wired it. But usually they wire it to run when the ignition is on, not connected to the ECU.

Tom
Thats correct.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:02 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55

Tom
I know the CL, SL and S class have a self bleeding lines that go to the stock overflow tank. I would like to keep that system in place but assume I would have to add another seperate expansion tank? I think the trunk tank would have to be the highest point in the lines to take all the air out? Maybe the air bleed lines can just stay hooked to the stock expansion tank? I have a 20gpm Meziere pump up front and may just try to run the one pump to start? Any of this sound ok?

My tank should be here in a week or so.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 06-24-2010, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55 AMG
The remote reservior trunk tank can be used to isolate the cooling systems...the engine from the SC cooling circuit. Pumps for and aft the car are used to push fluid around the SC circuit it appears ...
Old 06-25-2010, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
I know the CL, SL and S class have a self bleeding lines that go to the stock overflow tank. I would like to keep that system in place but assume I would have to add another seperate expansion tank? I think the trunk tank would have to be the highest point in the lines to take all the air out? Maybe the air bleed lines can just stay hooked to the stock expansion tank? I have a 20gpm Meziere pump up front and may just try to run the one pump to start? Any of this sound ok?

My tank should be here in a week or so.
As far as I know, most people with the rear reservoir tank have one integrated cooling system afterwards. Why do you want to keep two separate systems?

Tom
Old 06-27-2010, 05:40 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
As far as I know, most people with the rear reservoir tank have one integrated cooling system afterwards. Why do you want to keep two separate systems?

Tom
My stock system is one integrated system but do not see doing that after adding a trunk tank. I then would be getting some antifreeze into my I/C system from the stock shared expansion tank. I would like to keep the stock air bleeding lines in tack and asking how people worked with that..

I may be missunderstanding what you are asking or suggesting..

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd