SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Next Mod...a big one

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 12:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Thericker
Sorry you're incorrect... Trust me the Sarona fender angle & actual thickness is way off, to a point of it looking very disproportionate vs real BS or MishaDesigns FENDERS..

Congratz on purchase but look again it's not wheels or color choice Sarona fenders ESP rear are way dif etc.. I've studied them ALL till nearly goin cross eyed
thericker...as he usually is...is very accurate. The sarona kit is off. So is the diavalo (sp?). The only BS kit that's legit and expensive as hell is Indesign in germany.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by anton28
Do you know what parts they are using to replace the rear quarters with? Is this a bs build? Who's doing this conversion? Any more pics or where we can follow the build?
this doesn't look like a BS kit..
Old 06-24-2011, 01:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 Rover, 2014 Viper
Originally Posted by jmejones
this doesn't look like a BS kit..
Yes i can see that. Looks like they are replacing the quarter panels and from what i understood with a BS kit rear quarters. If they are, then they must be using oem parts as you dont have to do all of that with the aftermarket kits.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:07 AM

2014 Rover, 2014 Viper
thericker...as he usually is...is very accurate. The sarona kit is off. So is the diavalo (sp?). The only BS kit that's legit and expensive as hell is Indesign in germany.
Off or not, this kit looks sinister compared to everything else. If thats as close as you can get to a bs kit in the states then they have my vote!

Old 06-24-2011, 05:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Hmm Study these pix..

Off or not, this kit looks sinister compared to everything else. If thats as close as you can get to a bs kit in the states then they have my vote!
Thericker: Fender angles are lower & more rounded & thicker, than Real OEM BS, even MishaDesigns fenders follow the factory angles on FENDERS & THICKNESS, also notice Sarona hood? it's too thick like it's raised up starting up in front by a good couple inches vs OEM & front arches have a totally different extra curvey look to them. w/ALL these design changes by Sarona it makes it look too heavy/wide & puffy looking vs OEM or MishaDesigns

In my eyes it's lost ALL the OEM classy proportions sorry it is what it is. Study the things I've mentioned then report back

Notice what I'm saying now Just trying to clarify, as the differences glare out to me..

Last edited by Thericker; 06-24-2011 at 05:23 AM.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:03 PM

The other issue with the sarano pics is the photoshopping and artistic nature of them. It's like their trying to hide something. Like a booty model that has cellulite and then amazingly on the cover of Vibe their skin is as smooth as silk. I've seen live photos of saran kit and the proportions don't look as good as these pics do. And these are off some.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:32 PM

2014 Rover, 2014 Viper
I'm not really sure how everyone considers the misha kit to be any closer tothe bs kit then the Sonora kit. It's front and rear bumpers are completely off and riced out. The rear quarters are just slapped on wheel arches and do not continue to the rear tail lights and the front fenders is no diffrient. I guess we will all just have to agree to disagree. Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder. This is the reson we all build different cars. Personal taste.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
The Misha kit is it's own design I don't think it is trying to be like the authentic BS .... the Seronas kit I think albeit not exact to the BS (and probably can't be due to proprietary issues) in my opinion is fairly close at least the closest to the BS that we may have by way of choices.

honestly I would mix and match and create my own WB...that would be a truly unique car...there are aspects to each kit that are great and not so great so to pick all the best parts would make for a turly unique and enjoyable one-off kitted SL.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
Prior Design I'm Germany makes a very good looking SL widebody kit as well if people want to add that to the list. It's not a replica of the BS but shares some traits
Old 06-24-2011, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by Maverick1975
Prior Design I'm Germany makes a very good looking SL widebody kit as well if people want to add that to the list. It's not a replica of the BS but shares some traits
Oh yeah forgot about Prior...LOVE their kit...it's the most subtle out fo the bunch...ACG in San Diego had a post with a black SL sprorting their kit and it was incredible!!!
Old 06-24-2011, 06:53 PM

2014 Rover, 2014 Viper
i do love that kit as well. Very unique design while utilizing the amg body kit. But do prefer the sharper edges of the BS kit.

Perfect solution would be to build a Prior car and a BS car
Old 06-25-2011, 01:54 AM

Perfect solution is the Indesign kit.
Old 06-25-2011, 02:28 AM

2014 Rover, 2014 Viper
That is a nice one as well. To bad they are in Germany and the dollar vs euro just makes it that much more expensive. I think they were asking 17k euro for their Fiberglas kit. Let me know if I'm wrong.

What I don't understand is why these companies like tc(28k euro) and indesign(17k euro) charger so much for fiberglass??? It costs maybe 2k to make the molds and then you can reproduce the parts for just a few hundred bucks in material.

I guess you have to buy the real parts to make the molds. I wonder if any of these companies made a mold of someone else's part. Like company "A" buying a real bs body panel. Making a mold. Reproducing that part which is sold to an individual who makes a mold out of that part and starts making his own kits as company "B" Hmmmmmmm
Old 06-25-2011, 04:37 PM

That is a nice one as well. To bad they are in Germany and the dollar vs euro just makes it that much more expensive. I think they were asking 17k euro for their Fiberglas kit. Let me know if I'm wrong.

What I don't understand is why these companies like tc(28k euro) and indesign(17k euro) charger so much for fiberglass??? It costs maybe 2k to make the molds and then you can reproduce the parts for just a few hundred bucks in material.

I guess you have to buy the real parts to make the molds. I wonder if any of these companies made a mold of someone else's part. Like company "A" buying a real bs body panel. Making a mold. Reproducing that part which is sold to an individual who makes a mold out of that part and starts making his own kits as company "B" Hmmmmmmm

You answered you're own question...greed is the reason. If someone will pay for it, then someone will charge for it. Don't forget about the MB owner premium on all these aftermarket parts.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:45 PM

2014 Rover, 2014 Viper
You answered you're own question...greed is the reason. If someone will pay for it, then someone will charge for it. Don't forget about the MB owner premium on all these aftermarket parts.
So true
Old 06-27-2011, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Holy crap man how many kits are there!!!!??? soon we'll have a bunch of widebodies running around and nobody will be the wiser lol...I still think mix and match is the way to go...a la carte and make your own custom widebody!!!
Old 06-27-2011, 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
well i have started the transformation process and recently bought the vented Prior Design vented hood. I am very tempted by the rest of it...
Old 06-27-2011, 09:48 PM

2014 Rover, 2014 Viper
well i have started the transformation process and recently bought the vented Prior Design vented hood. I am very tempted by the rest of it...
Do it!!!
Old 07-09-2011, 08:28 PM

2007 SL55, 2004SL55, 2002 CLK55, 2000 CLK430
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
I would choose that over the Misha, it just looks "cleaner" How much does it cost?
Awesome Kit! Definitely cleaner than Misha's. More refined and classy. Just looks right and sits properly.
The guys at Misha seem like they do great work, but their kit is too bulky and transformer looking. You can certainly tell that it's an add on kit right away, not with this.

kudos!
Old 07-09-2011, 08:50 PM

sl500
Do whatever makes YOU happy and don't try to please or Impress others I am modifying my Misha Body kit . My freinds from Brabus came by and love it , My Best freind Hates it . Who Cares . I want to thank all the people on this sight who have called me and gave me pointers on were to purchase parts IE Misha and Sean .
Old 07-15-2011, 05:46 PM
nir

2008 s63
Have any of you guys seen the Diavolo Kit - does it look good fit and finish wise. . I live close by, but have had a a hard time seeing the car. I would really like to do it on my sl55, if we can get it at the right price (group buy?), and if the quality is good. The fact that it is hard to get hold of him makes me take pause, that should any problems arise, he will not stand by his product. I am based in West LA, and got a quote of $5K to install and paint from RW in valley. Mods/kits is all they do.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:05 PM

sl500
You Can Buy the kit from Joe at Diovollo for 5K don't tell him I told you he is strapped for cash . If you go on Ebay there is a guy in Fla that got stuck with one and he wants 10K I think that the Sarona and Diavolo are the same kit even though Sarona is Out of New york their **** is made in the valley
Old 07-15-2011, 08:42 PM
nir

2008 s63
Thanks for that bit of info

I don't understand what the 10k is? They do sell it at 6.5k I tried looking for fla guy on eBay but no luck. Could you explain please and possibly hv a link to that eBay listing. thank you.

Originally Posted by mister marine
You Can Buy the kit from Joe at Diovollo for 5K don't tell him I told you he is strapped for cash . If you go on Ebay there is a guy in Fla that got stuck with one and he wants 10K I think that the Sarona and Diavolo are the same kit even though Sarona is Out of New york their **** is made in the valley
Old 07-15-2011, 09:12 PM

sl500
Ill try to find it as its listed under his "store page as I purchased a rear spoiler for my friends SL from him . I'll check my purchases if you can't find him . I told him that Diavolo was selling the kit for 5K and he lowered the price to 9k
Old 07-15-2011, 09:21 PM
nir

2008 s63
No worries. If he is selling for more,then there is no need. I'll goto source. Thank you.

Originally Posted by mister marine
Ill try to find it as its listed under his "store page as I purchased a rear spoiler for my friends SL from him . I'll check my purchases if you can't find him . I told him that Diavolo was selling the kit for 5K and he lowered the price to 9k