SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Shardul was banned over showing his headers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 08:05 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Shardul was banned over showing his headers?

Two threads deleted already and they say the infraction came from PM`s not a post. Anyone else have that happen?

Here is the last link.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...ge-delete.html

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 11-07-2011, 01:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Wait, Banned or Suspended? I read thru a little bit of this... Question did the controversy erupt from Shard selling them or attempting to do so w/out Sponsor status?

If just Suspended? Let it go he'll be back in a week why make a mountain out of a mole hill
Old 11-07-2011, 02:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2011 E63, 2013 CLS63
Originally Posted by Thericker
Wait, Banned or Suspended? I read thru a little bit of this... Question did the controversy erupt from Shard selling them or attempting to do so w/out Sponsor status?

If just Suspended? Let it go he'll be back in a week why make a mountain out of a mole hill
It's not about long it takes him to come back, be it one day or one week it's the fact that the people who run this forum had the audacity to "punish" one of the forum's greatest contributors for trying to help people fix and mod their cars. His contributions bring people to the forum so he is in fact helping the forum as well as the members. Now I don't know if it was a vendor or not but if they're complaining that he's taking their business then why don't they make better parts and have better prices. Shardul does nothing but help so why would they start drama for no reason?
Old 11-07-2011, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
What worries me the most about this, is that if this is true, the mods have the ability to, and are, reading our PMs.

Unless of course a PM from shardul was forwarded to a mod. Then, that's different...

But even then, is there a rule about selling (for profit without being a sponsor), if you're not doing it in the open forum? I can understand it being against the TOU if he was selling openly, but it doesn't appear he was doing that.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
I wouldn't be surprised if he was ratted out nor would I be surprised if the mods read our PMs. If you're going to PM you should have already considered that and specific communications should go straight to personal emails for protection. Just saying..
Old 11-07-2011, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SL600 OETuning ECU
Private message is a false and misleading name.

As everyone should know, nothing sent over computer networks is private and you should have NO expectation of privacy when using such medium
Old 11-07-2011, 07:58 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55

Guilty,,,,,,,,,,,,, but if I dont say the word TORQUE, you would never read my thread. J/K

Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
What worries me the most about this, is that if this is true, the mods have the ability to, and are, reading our PMs.

Unless of course a PM from shardul was forwarded to a mod. Then, that's different...

But even then, is there a rule about selling (for profit without being a sponsor), if you're not doing it in the open forum? I can understand it being against the TOU if he was selling openly, but it doesn't appear he was doing that.
You think they can read PM`s? From speaking with other administrators they claim that is impossible. The first header thread that was deleted, a member asked Shardul to make a GP and he quickly said " I can not do that , as I am not a vendor and would be suspended". PM`s start and Shazam, there he goes.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 11-07-2011, 10:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55

You think they can read PM`s? From speaking with other administrators they claim that is impossible. The first header thread that was deleted, a member asked Shardul to make a GP and he quickly said " I can not do that , as I am not a vendor and would be suspended". PM`s start and Shazam, there he goes.
Nah, I was wrong, they can't.

I'm friendly with staff of other forums, and they say they can't. No reason to think it's any different here.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
Guilty,,,,,,,,,,,,, but if I dont say the word TORQUE, you would never read my thread. J/K

Na your threads are great! I'm glad we moved on from our old way of communicating
Old 11-11-2011, 10:58 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
Na your threads are great! I'm glad we moved on from our old way of communicating
plus one.

Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Nah, I was wrong, they can't.

I'm friendly with staff of other forums, and they say they can't. No reason to think it's any different here.
Yes, but it was fun to consider anyway. BTW, you`r friendly with everyone

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 04-04-2012, 10:10 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

2003 CL55
I have these headers now and going to weld ball end fittings this go around. My motor should be ready pretty soon.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd