SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

Baltimore VPC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 04:46 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
'05 SLK55, Obsidian, black/red, light and premium pkg., COMAND with nav, airscarf, Sirius
Baltimore VPC

The ship my car is on is due to arrive in Baltimore on Sunday 3/27. My dealer is in Central New Jersey. Based on your experience when can I reasonably expect the car to arrive at the dealer?
Old 03-18-2005, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
10 E63
Hey me too

I just found out mine will be arriving at the VPC on the 27th. Since my dealership is in New Jersey, I guess the Baltimore VPC will be the first destination as well.Wait a minute. What dealership?

What color and options?
Old 03-18-2005, 09:05 PM

'05 SLK55, Obsidian, black/red, light and premium pkg., COMAND with nav, airscarf, Sirius
Originally Posted by SLK55NEWB
I just found out mine will be arriving at the VPC on the 27th. Since my dealership is in New Jersey, I guess the Baltimore VPC will be the first destination as well.Wait a minute. What dealership?

What color and options?
My dealer is Ray Catena. Colors are Obsidian, black/red interior, options are airscarf, lighting, premium, and nav. Who is your dealer and how is your car configured?
Old 03-18-2005, 09:48 PM

10 E63
Whew

Iridium Silver
Black Interior
Premium
Lighting
Nav w Entertainment
Airscarf

Dealership was Little Silver. Not sure where that is. I am having the car shipped to Dallas TX. From what I understand, the car should arrive at my dealership on April 1st or 2nd. I am out of town until the 4th and I am hoping it will be on its way to me by the 5th. Anyone know how long it takes to ship a car from NJ to TX? 3-4 days or weeks?

Congrats shark. I envy you for having yours before me. Let's pray for good weather.

Cheers
Old 03-19-2005, 12:38 AM
Almost a Member!

2005 C6 (black convt.),2006 CLS 55 (black)
I bought my CLS55 from Prestige Mercedes in NJ and it took 4 days to get to me ( I live in Houston).
Old 03-19-2005, 02:37 AM

2005 SLK55
Iridium Silver
Black Interior
Premium
Lighting
Nav w Entertainment
Airscarf

Dealership was Little Silver. Not sure where that is. I am having the car shipped to Dallas TX. From what I understand, the car should arrive at my dealership on April 1st or 2nd. I am out of town until the 4th and I am hoping it will be on its way to me by the 5th. Anyone know how long it takes to ship a car from NJ to TX? 3-4 days or weeks?

Congrats shark. I envy you for having yours before me. Let's pray for good weather.

Cheers
I had a enclosed carrier picked up mine on a thursday afternoon from a NY dealership. I believe the truck stopped at NJ that night. It got to Dallas on Monday evening.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:55 PM

10 E63
A few questions about out of state purchase

Originally Posted by 05 SLK55AMG
I had a enclosed carrier picked up mine on a thursday afternoon from a NY dealership. I believe the truck stopped at NJ that night. It got to Dallas on Monday evening.
I am sure the delaer or financing company will let me know but just in case...

How does an out state purchase work? Do I pay NJ or TX tax? Registration?

Any info is appreciated!

Cheers
Old 03-22-2005, 12:02 AM

2005 SLK55
I am sure the delaer or financing company will let me know but just in case...

How does an out state purchase work? Do I pay NJ or TX tax? Registration?

Any info is appreciated!

Cheers
You need to pay TX tax and registration. One thing it did surprise me was the State inspection. I had to take it to the local dealer to have an inspection done. $7.50 including a free car wash was not bad, but I got an one year sticker instead of a normal new car 2-yr one.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:18 PM

10 E63
Woohooo, the excitement and anticipation is building

A major step recently developed. Financing was approved and all lights are green. I am hoping the shipping company makes it to Dallas on April 5.

My new rims and tires arrived last night which added more fuel to the fire.

I better plan on losing sleep the night before. Needless to say I am one happy camper and life could not be better.

Cheers to all of you and I wish the best in your endeavors!

Old 03-30-2005, 08:29 PM

10 E63
Shark!

Our cars should be on their way to the dealership at this moment. Looks like you will be getting yours this weekend.

I probably won't see mine util late next week.

Congrats and enjoy!
Old 03-31-2005, 08:00 PM

Our cars should be on their way to the dealership at this moment. Looks like you will be getting yours this weekend.

I probably won't see mine util late next week.

Congrats and enjoy!
Do you really think there is a possibility I could get it by Saturday? It just came off the ship at 2PM Tuesday. Doesn't it need to go through customs as well as the VPC, even if there are no "port installed options". Others on this site have told me that it will take at the very least several days before it's on a truck to the dealer. Do you know anything different?
Old 04-01-2005, 12:35 PM

slk55newb, you were right! Even though the car came off the ship Tuesday afternoon in Baltimore, it arrived at the dealer this morning. They are prepping it now, and I'm picking it up at 4PM!
Old 04-05-2005, 05:46 PM

10 E63
Congrats

Congrats shark, car looks great. I saw the pics on your other posts. Mine arrived at the dealership on Thursday. They shipped it Friday from NJ to Texas and it was here Monday. I will posts pics later after my new rims are installed.

Cheers

Vincent
Old 04-05-2005, 11:25 PM

2005 SLK55 AMG
Congrats shark, car looks great. I saw the pics on your other posts. Mine arrived at the dealership on Thursday. They shipped it Friday from NJ to Texas and it was here Monday. I will posts pics later after my new rims are installed.

Cheers

Vincent
Vincent, where in Texas (I'm Austin)? Do you know what date your car started production? I'm trying to guess my arrive in dealership date. Car should start production next week. SLK55 ob blk, red/blk interior, all options (except phone).
Old 04-06-2005, 12:01 AM

10 E63
Blofllin

I live in the DFW area. My production date was mid February and the car arrived at the dealership on the 29th of March. It was immediately shipped to me and arrived April 4.

My inital impressions:
The exhaust is deep yet subtle. Then again, I have not opened her up due to the break in period. Exterior appearances exceeded my expectations by a longshot. Pictures do not do this car any justice. It looks classy yet mean and muscular. The lighter colors such as Silver and white really show the AMG body kit accents much better than the dark colors.

I also got every option except the hands free and it is a bit overwhelming to learn all the features. I am having a difficult time programming the overhead panel for my garage opener.

The antennae must go.

The rims are not as bad as I thought but I prefer the 5 spoke with machined lip look and they are easier to clean. Having the rims installed tomorrow and will post before and after pics.

To be continued...

Good luck with you purchase and I hope everything goes as smooth for you.

Regards,
Vincent
Old 04-06-2005, 01:18 AM

something fast
vincent, congrats what are your initial driving impressions? handling, ride, acceleration. I'll give you a ring tomorrow.