Dinko
Old 12-24-2005, 06:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 SLK55 AMG
nice... i like...
HOW can you afford all those mods...
Old 12-24-2005, 08:35 AM

Hey it's America, people have discretionary income. Let the man live. Great stuff Dinko, keep it coming I'm getting a lot of ideas from you.
Old 12-24-2005, 08:44 AM

2006 SLK55 AMG; 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8; and 2004 PT Cruiser GT Turbo (Modified)
Thumbs up

Just like Christmas, making my list and can't wait to get my car out of winter storage...... Thanks Dinko, for the great ideas!!!!
Old 12-24-2005, 10:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
It's not my car
I still have the stock exhaust...

Dinko
Old 12-24-2005, 12:56 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Originally Posted by dinko

Video Link

Dinko
Man, that thing sounded "muffled" compared to mine (quiet & not nearly as deep)? Wonder what other mods that car had (headers, blower?). I know Kleemann no longer sells their "big" tube headers due to difficulty in putting them in so the newer ones are a bit smaller - maybe thats the reason for the lower exhaust note. I dunno.....maybe being there in person it may sound deeper. Thanks for the clip Dinko & Merry Chritsmas!

-Matt
Old 12-24-2005, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
What's taking so long for pics Matt???

Dinko
Old 12-24-2005, 01:09 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
What's taking so long for pics Matt???

Dinko
I think I've mentioned it earlier....my digital camera software interface (1/4" floppy) is messed up so I can't download photos. I'm awaiting a new "gift" (replacement) camera for Xmas

See ya,
-Matt
Old 12-24-2005, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
No offense, but a guy who can afford a 70k car and 20+k in mods and doesn't have 1 single pic, sounds fishy.

I wont believe anything till I see pics man, nothing personal.

Dinko
Old 12-24-2005, 10:20 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
No offense, but a guy who can afford a 70k car and 20+k in mods and doesn't have 1 single pic, sounds fishy.

I wont believe anything till I see pics man, nothing personal.

Dinko
Dinko, because I don't run out & by some digital camera & post pictures for the likes of YOU, somehow I don't really have an SLK? Comical...... I bought my Kleemann mods with part of one bonus check.

You appeared to be an OK guy....turns out you spend too much time putting credence in what other people drive. I mean honestly, an SLK55 with a blower is big money to you? (someone has to "take a pic" for it to actually exist!!). Hey, NEWSFLASH.....its an SLK, not a Bugatti.
Old 12-24-2005, 10:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
We actually got a digital camera right after my dad got his R230.
Old 12-25-2005, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
I didn't mean to get anyone in a bad mood by my comment, and appologize if I have. I'm just dying to see pics!! Like I said, nothing personal, just want to see the pics of the car. I still think you're an awesome guy, and hopefully one day we can park our cars next to each other and have a drink.

That's all

Dinko
Old 12-27-2005, 04:07 AM
Almost a Member!

SLK55 black, heads, cam and tune
Yellow R1 does not have an SLK just a big imagination and a POS Mazda. I checked with Kleenman :v
Old 12-28-2005, 12:37 AM

06 SLK55
Originally Posted by John Long 55
Yellow R1 does not have an SLK just a big imagination and a POS Mazda. I checked with Kleenman :v
Where is my popcorn...this looks like it might be a good show...
Old 12-31-2005, 02:30 AM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Before posting, you should do some homework instead of showing your half ****ed ignorance.

#1. Yes, I have a blown SLK. I've been skiing in Tahoe with the wife for the last week & just saw this brilliant post. I'll post some pics tomorrow so you can see what the back side of a horse looks like in the mirror. I still fail to see why a blown SLK is a big deal to some people on this forum. Its one of our toys - hardly some rarified multi-million dollar machine.

#2. If you would have done a simple search, you would have known our SLK was modified by CT Motorsports (not Kleemann, who is obligated to keep 3rd party customer names private). You contacted the wrong business.

#3. You have added no technical help to anyone on this forum. You have achieved TROLL status within THREE posts. That has got to be a record.

#4. My "POS" Mazda is a rather rare (1 of 300 competition yellow mica color) RX-7s produced. Its also been heavily modified (it has the same power to weight ratio of an '06 Z06 & the suspension to match). Perhaps you can share with us your tire shredding, pavement burning, rubber incinerating vehicle you drive (assuming you are past the age of 16)?

#5. Perhaps you contacted Procter & Gamble asking for the Pine Sol mascot (ergo KLEENMAN)? Learn how to spell, "Kleemann". Geezuz, where do you people come from?

-Matt

Last edited by Yellow R1; 12-31-2005 at 02:37 AM.
Old 12-31-2005, 04:59 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Yellow R1
My "POS" Mazda is a rather rare (1 of 300 competition yellow mica color) RX-7s produced. Its also been heavily modified (it has the same power to weight ratio of an '06 Z06 & the suspension to match). -Matt
WOW!!! i did not realize your POS Madza was genuine MICA YELLOW oh quick pass a tissue

Matty you are such a want a be type guy comparing your POS Mazda to a Z06 is just dreaming.
Old 12-31-2005, 05:42 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
WOW!!! i did not realize your POS Madza was genuine MICA YELLOW oh quick pass a tissue

Matty you are such a want a be type guy comparing your POS Mazda to a Z06 is just dreaming.
No, you know "less than zero" about high performing sports cars. I fail to see how my 430 Hp RX-7 twin turbo sports/track car is, I quote you, a "POS"? BTW, its "Mazda", not "Madza".

Lets do a quick recap of your exploits thus far:

1) You contacted Kleemann (not "Kleenman" ) to see if some stranger on an internet car forum owns a blown SLK? Not only did you not read where the Kleemann work was installed, you actually called Kleemann regarding a stranger's car set up? Dude....GET A LIFE.

2) You then proceeded with more hate & attacked one of my other cars calling it a POS?

3) You then retort by calling me a "want a be"? Hey Brilliance, I've been wrenching & driving high horsepower sports & muscle cars for over 20 yrs (ground up restoration of an Olds W31, 5.0L GT Mustang, a Euro 928 GTS, 1st, 2nd, & 3rd generation RX-7s, etc). I track & race my cars on occasion at Laguna Seca & Button Willow. Like I said, sports cars are a hobby - nothing more. You better look in the mirror for a "Mr. want to be".

4) Not only can't you spell, you have nothing positive to contribute to this Forum. You are on the fast track to getting banned.

5) In the mean time, here is my "Ghost" Stage 7 Kleemann. I think my camera Flash was able to "catch" the ghost in my garage last night. Hey Big Mouth, you best wish you never pull up to a light next to me....the only "whisps" you are ever going to see is the cloud of burnt rubber engulfing your car as I suck the paint off it.

While I was at it, I added a 2 pics of my "POS" RX-7. Comical.
-Matt
Attached Thumbnails VIDEO:  Kleemann Exhaust-blowera.jpg   VIDEO:  Kleemann Exhaust-blowerb.jpg   VIDEO:  Kleemann Exhaust-exhausta.jpg   VIDEO:  Kleemann Exhaust-r1a.jpg   VIDEO:  Kleemann Exhaust-r2a.jpg  

Last edited by Yellow R1; 12-31-2005 at 05:54 PM.
Old 12-31-2005, 05:56 PM
dsb
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 slk55
WOW! Very Nice!

Matt,

Although I don't care for Long John's posts, he did contribute a tiny bit. I mean, you finally posted your car on the forum

I like the red and think the pic with the Kleeman badge on the engine is tough!

I can't wait to see it in person some time. Next time you take that beast to a Norcal meet, let me know.

PS, take some better pics when it's nice and clean. I need a new desktop wallpaper.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:53 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Matt,

Looking good! But what's with the Kleemann and then AMG badge? Is that how you prefer to look? Imo lose the AMG and replace that sucker with the S7! Now post some dyno! :v
Old 12-31-2005, 07:44 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Originally Posted by JamE55
Matt,

Looking good! But what's with the Kleemann and then AMG badge? Is that how you prefer to look? Imo lose the AMG and replace that sucker with the S7! Now post some dyno! :v
Ya, I have to agree with you Jam. After seeing the Kleemann badge along with the AMG badge actually on the car - looks like azz. I'm getting the sport cams soon so I guess I should ask them for an S8....I just hope its short, not that "SLK55 SK8". I'll ask just for "SK8" to replace the AMG badge - I guess that would be OK . Jam, you saw my first 489 rwhp dyno. I don't think another pull will yield too much more (maybe 20 - 30 rwhp is my guess). I may do it again later in the month while the ECU learns (have not been driving it due to skiing & all this rain!)

DSB, I'll bring the SLK to the next meet in Jan as long as its not raining. Its always on the 3rd Sat of each month (down the street from my house in Los Gatos (Pete's Coffee Shop?). Also, yes, when this rain ceases - I'll get some better high quality pics. This rain is limiting my sports car access

See ya,
-Matt
Old 12-31-2005, 07:52 PM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Yellow R1
Ya, I have to agree with you Jam. After seeing the Kleemann badge along with the AMG badge actually on the car - looks like azz. I'm getting the sport cams soon so I guess I should ask them for an S8....I just hope its short, not that "SLK55 SK8". I'll ask just for "SK8" to replace the AMG badge - I guess that would be OK . Jam, you saw my first 489 rwhp dyno. I don't think another pull will yield too much more (maybe 20 - 30 rwhp is my guess). I may do it again later in the month while the ECU learns (have not been driving it due to skiing & all this rain!)
-Matt
So you've decided on the cams too huh? I knew you couldn't resist the power of the dark side! lol :p Anyway since you're getting the cams, your badge should read like this.

Kleemann 55k S8

You've seen mine. Go with the flow!
Old 12-31-2005, 11:33 PM
Almost a Member!

It's a small world Matt, looks like we live in the same area. I know the Johnsons who live on your street.

Be seeing you around i guess.
Old 01-01-2006, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55

Matt, how can the S8 be described as a daily driver? That **** looks awesome!

Dinko
Old 01-01-2006, 01:42 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55
Originally Posted by JamE55
So you've decided on the cams too huh? I knew you couldn't resist the power of the dark side! lol :p Anyway since you're getting the cams, your badge should read like this.

Kleemann 55k S8

You've seen mine. Go with the flow!
Yes, power corrupts absolutely. :v Thanks also for the badging feedback - 55k S8 is not too long.

Ya know, I REALLY need some more rubber back there. Some guy in a 911 TT pulled up to me last week at a light when I was coming home from dinner with the wife. I took off normal (the road was making an inverse banked left so I was not about to be an idiot). I guess Franz heard my "non stock" exhaust & nailed it once we rounded the bend. I saw his rear end squat & his engine roar. So WTF, he had a 2 car jump but I decided to nail the SLK from about 35 mph . The car slid sideways & my ESP was blinking. I just kept my foot on the floor but the ESP kept dialing back my power due to a lack of traction . I guess it didn't matter too much since his "pull" stopped & I reeled him in (came right up to his bumper) by about 75 mph. Its wierd...the car leaves twin like "morse code" strips as the ESP engages & disengages fighting power vs traction. I think turning it off with 245 rears would be counterproductive.

I learned 2 things:
#1....I need a bigger contact patch &
#2, the 911 TT wasn't as quick as I thought (I was surprised I could reel him in with my ESP engaging). This SLK is pretty nasty, especially on 100 octane.

Happy New Year man!

-Matt

Last edited by Yellow R1; 01-01-2006 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-01-2006, 01:48 PM

'93 RX-7, SLK55

Matt, how can the S8 be described as a daily driver? That **** looks awesome!

Dinko
Thanks Dinko. These SLKs are pretty fun to drive .

Cheers,
-Matt

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: VIDEO: Kleemann Exhaust