SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

first SLK55 AMG in USA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 02:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
first SLK55 AMG in USA

i was at the AMG private lounge at mercedes of mathattan today and they unveiled the SLK55amg. wow what a car is all i can say. if you think it looked good in the pictures then youl love the car. ill post pics when i can find my usb plug for my camera. it was a preproduction model so i dont know how long it will be there. i was talking to the head guy of AMG in germany and he told me that like the SLK55 they are going to start making the other models more aggressive on the AMG's then till now, which is good news.
Old 09-09-2004, 03:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SLK55 AMG
actually SL65 front spoiler looks similar to the one on the SLK 55 spoiler, but its small in the SL , the left and the right air vents..... it looks nicer on the slk... my opinion
Old 09-09-2004, 08:44 AM
Banned

does it look larger in person? is it the same size as the original?
Old 09-09-2004, 08:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Originally Posted by Lov2xlr8
i was at the AMG private lounge at mercedes of mathattan today and they unveiled the SLK55amg. wow what a car is all i can say. if you think it looked good in the pictures then youl love the car. ill post pics when i can find my usb plug for my camera. it was a preproduction model so i dont know how long it will be there. i was talking to the head guy of AMG in germany and he told me that like the SLK55 they are going to start making the other models more aggressive on the AMG's then till now, which is good news.
im going to the opening of the AMG private lounge at Ray Catena tonite. how was the one in manhattan?
Old 09-09-2004, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Peter B
does it look larger in person? is it the same size as the original?
ye it looks a lot larger then the original and it IS larger. the trunk is a bit bigger, the wheel base is langer and you can see that difference in the legg room. there were guys there that didnt like the older one b/c it was too small for them so just there wife used it, but when they sat in this one they loved it and want to get this new one so they can drive it too. the head guy of AMG told me that he loves the new SLK b/c its small( not too smal) light and about 380hp the 0-60 is like 4.9 and he said it drive way better then the older one. oh and BTW if you like that agresive look compared to the other AMG's he also said that AMG is starting to make there cars more like that in the future b/c they get alot of feedback about that. oh and incase you didnt know the head of AMG in the USA said that he DOES check out this site, but its very hard to do what everyone wants to have in an AMG in this forum, but he does listen to customer feedback.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by BklynBenz
im going to the opening of the AMG private lounge at Ray Catena tonite. how was the one in manhattan?
since it was raining that day there were less then expected there, but that was good b/c you had more room to walk around and more time to talk to the big guys. they give you good info on AMG's future and at the end we got a password for a new AMG web site only people with passwords can check out. the best part about that site is that you can tell them what you like and dont like about AMG's in order for them to improve and you can chat with guys from amg too and you get info on new products first.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
sounds pretty cool and interesting, im looking forward to it. did they give away that trip to germany at mb of manhattan?

Old 09-09-2004, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
I hope there's an intro here in ATL as well
Old 09-09-2004, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by BklynBenz
sounds pretty cool and interesting, im looking forward to it. did they give away that trip to germany at mb of manhattan?

yes they gave away a trip, but no i didnt win. they aslo had a private auction you can bid on. i think the winner for that paid about $3,500 for the same trip.