SLK 55 AMG Vs. WRX STI and 2002 Porsche Carrera

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 08:26 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK 55 AMG
SLK 55 AMG Vs. WRX STI and 2002 Porsche Carrera

I have the SLK 55 AMG. A good friend of mine comes up and says, "Someone has a faster car than you". I thought he was joking, but he tells me who the guy is and another friend of mine tells me the same thing. This guy has a 2002 911 Porsche Carrera. He works in Beverly Hills in an exotic car dealership and his only 17 or 18 years old. My friends told me he is the manager and the only way he got the job was that his dad talked to his friend that owns the place and gave him the job. The 2002 911 Porsche Carrera is not his car. His actual car is in repair and that Porsche is his loaner for a week. I told my friends to set him up with me in a race for the hell of it. I find out his 0 to 60 is 5.1 with the 2005 model in Triptonic. For the 2002 it must be a little bit slower. Anyway, the kid told my friend he didn't want to race cause it was a loaner, but that kid started going around telling people he didn't want to race today and he will do it another day. That part confused me.

Second car, 2004 or 2005 WRX STI. This car has a chance to beat me, but the ball is in my court. Road and Track claimed the STI is 0 to 60 in 4.9 seconds. The SLK 55 AMG is 0 to 60 in 4.8 seconds. Road and Track claimed the 1/4 mile for the STI is 13.3. The SLK 55 AMG is 13.35 ((some people here got 12.7 and 12.75 seconds for the 1/4 mile and that is with no upgrades, everything stock.))

So I was wondering what I should do? Stay in automatic or do the gear shifting behind the wheals. Also, should I take out my spare tire, does that really help. And should I have a 1/8 to 1/4 of gas in my car. Anything else that I can do to make my car go faster, which won't void the warranty.

I am not seriously into racing the STI cause it is a whole different car, but it still would be fun, I will race it one day. I want to really race the 2002 Porsche 911 Carrera.

Another friend of mine told me about the kid with the STI, which has a Valinetine1. He says it really works good with radar and LASER. It tells you which one is laser or radar and which direction. He was telling me one time that the detector went off saying it was a laser coming from the front and he slowed down. As he continued he saw the cop. I am going to test the Valinetine1 and see in person if it really works, and I will give you guys an update.

Last edited by Deuce; 03-01-2005 at 08:30 PM.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:23 PM

Don't be a fool

Originally Posted by SLK 55 AMG
I have the SLK 55 AMG. A good friend of mine comes up and says, "Someone has a faster car than you". I thought he was joking, but he tells me who the guy is and another friend of mine tells me the same thing. This guy has a 2002 911 Porsche Carrera. He works in Beverly Hills in an exotic car dealership and his only 17 or 18 years old. My friends told me he is the manager and the only way he got the job was that his dad talked to his friend that owns the place and gave him the job. The 2002 911 Porsche Carrera is not his car. His actual car is in repair and that Porsche is his loaner for a week. I told my friends to set him up with me in a race for the hell of it. I find out his 0 to 60 is 5.1 with the 2005 model in Triptonic. For the 2002 it must be a little bit slower. Anyway, the kid told my friend he didn't want to race cause it was a loaner, but that kid started going around telling people he didn't want to race today and he will do it another day. That part confused me.

Second car, 2004 or 2005 WRX STI. This car has a chance to beat me, but the ball is in my court. Road and Track claimed the STI is 0 to 60 in 4.9 seconds. The SLK 55 AMG is 0 to 60 in 4.8 seconds. Road and Track claimed the 1/4 mile for the STI is 13.3. The SLK 55 AMG is 13.35 ((some people here got 12.7 and 12.75 seconds for the 1/4 mile and that is with no upgrades, everything stock.))

So I was wondering what I should do? Stay in automatic or do the gear shifting behind the wheals. Also, should I take out my spare tire, does that really help. And should I have a 1/8 to 1/4 of gas in my car. Anything else that I can do to make my car go faster, which won't void the warranty.

I am not seriously into racing the STI cause it is a whole different car, but it still would be fun, I will race it one day. I want to really race the 2002 Porsche 911 Carrera.

Another friend of mine told me about the kid with the STI, which has a Valinetine1. He says it really works good with radar and LASER. It tells you which one is laser or radar and which direction. He was telling me one time that the detector went off saying it was a laser coming from the front and he slowed down. As he continued he saw the cop. I am going to test the Valinetine1 and see in person if it really works, and I will give you guys an update.

First, you must be a young kid, because adults don't fall for the temptation to recklessly drive on a city street and endanger innocent bystanders for the sake of saying "my car is faster". If you are not, I apologize, but then you must be even more stupid as an adult that would go to these lengths to satisfy your childish ego. I hope you "race" on a legal drag strip or track, so if you wreck you only hurt yourself not anyone else.

If neither is true, my bad, but that's the perception you give
Old 03-01-2005, 09:26 PM
Banned

SLK 55 AMG
I'm not an adult. I don't know where we are going to race, but I always make sure the clear, no one is around, no parked cars or moving cars, straight and wide road, enough space between each other. I will try to get it on the track, but the other guys might not. I dunno. Plus there are a lot of adults here on the forums who have raced on streets and on freeways where there are a lot of people. Why don't you give them a lesson or something, you're talking to the wrong person. I'll keep it safe for sure and no one will get hurt.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:44 PM

10 E63
It was the content in your post..

that made you sound immature. If I am not mistaken and my memory serves me correct, you were accused of being a poser awhile back. Weren't you the one who took pictures trying to prove the SLK 55 was yours?

That's all.

Cheers,

99 Boxster
02 SLk320
02 Accord
05 SLK 55 arriving early April
Old 03-01-2005, 10:08 PM
Banned

SLK 55 AMG
Wow, that helps a lot, thanks for the cheers.
Anybody else have something irelevent to say, cause please writte it somewhere else. I am just asking for advice on how to get a faster 1/4 mile. I swear if the people above tried to take a GED test they would fail.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
I second jmejones' reply. And "I'll be careful" doesn't make up for the indiscretion.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:58 AM

If you're just going to drag race, take your cars to the dragstrip. PERIOD!! Better yet, if you're gonna do any kind of racing, take it to the track!! Being a 27 year old, I totally agree w/ what the other "grownups" have stated.

Otherwise, the valentine one is a wonderful device to have, as long as the law enforcement officer also has his radar guns working. They can still get you w/out their radar by pacing you or weaving in and out of traffic.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:06 AM

2005 Kleemann Stage 3 E55
SLK 55 AMG,

If you truly are a young man excited about racing--good for you. It's great that cars excite you. May I suggest that you do your research and become the most smart young racer out there. There are many, many posts on this site (and other sites) that you can find that will help you discover what you're looking for. Many, many. Read them. Think about them. Read them again. I would suggest to you that's how us "older" people do it and I for one have learned tons reading these. We all started as young men who loved cars too and have learned many valuble lessons along the way.

One particular method I like is to click on the search forum and type in "drag" or "drag racing" or "drag radials" and anything to do with your interest. You'll then get many relevant posts that you can spend hours reading through and find the info you're looking for.

Join some adult car clubs as these will hwlp you gain the experience you're looking for.

YOU WILL FIND THAT THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE DO THIER RACING ON THE RACE TRACK.

Hope to see you there one day.
Old 03-02-2005, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 SV650S, 11 Santa Fe

Old 03-02-2005, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
Put your dad in the car with you... You'll still win
Old 03-02-2005, 03:01 PM

SLK55 AMG
immature decision!
Old 03-02-2005, 03:04 PM

SLK55 AMG
and one more thing, slk 55 will kill them both! and please there are certain places for racing and not the city...
Old 03-02-2005, 03:43 PM
Almost a Member!

2002 S2000 , 2005 911 & soon 2005 slk55 AMG
Why

[QUOTE=SLK55_AMG]and one more thing, slk 55 will kill them both! and please there are certain places for racing and not the city...[/QUOTE

This guy is a spoiled kid driving around in his parents car trying very hard to impress someone. As you can see young man its not working here!!
Old 03-02-2005, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
come on guys this kid is the biggest joke around these boards. how quickly you forget that this is the kid that posted his doofy self in the trunk of an slk55 cause no one believed him that he had one. hes also the rocket scientist / author of such great threads as this one, where mr 55 was looking for a race sponsorship:

https://mbworld.org/forums/off-topic/95075-who-needs-racecar-driver-i-got-slk-55-amg.html
Old 03-02-2005, 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts
CLK320
how to go very fast with auto gearbox ??? put it in "D" as speed goes up down shift to 1st gear. 5-->4-->3-->2-->1
Old 03-02-2005, 07:14 PM
Banned

SLK 55 AMG
Hey BKLYNBenz, thanks for the help for spreading my ad that I put out for being a racecar driver. You are doing most of the work for me. I'm not even paying you. Illegal Immagrants at least get some money. How do you feel? . Anyway, you won't give up saying that this aint my car, its my dad's, bla blab lba, some more idiot talking, and some more stupid crap you write, bla bla bla. I like you off topic posts,,, though some are pretty stupid like this one... https://mbworld.org/forums/off-topic/99864-stupid-computer-tricks-images-front-line-tech-support.html Hahaha, you even wrote the title ""STUPID"" in the title. Well no matter what you tell people, what you say, everytime you write something about me, you know I'm still driving the car. HAHAHAHA. I'm laughing at you, hahahahahahaha, I'm still laughing, hahahaha, guess what, hahahahahaha. You don't even know me, I don't even know you. Except your a loser trying to put down a teenager. How old are you? You say I'm immature. ((((OFF TOPIC, I am racing on the tracks, I told my friends, if they don't want to then I won't race)))) BACK ON TOPIC.... YOUR A LOSER hahahahahahaha, seriously, get a life, WHO PAYS YOU TO ARGUE WITH TEENAGERS, no one does, so you must be doing it for fun, that's sick. Yes my parents paid for my car, who the F**K cares, only you do, shut the fu*k up.

I don't give a crap what you say I am still driving my car.
P.S. To BKLYNBENZ,
Scroll down,

Your A loser, hahahahahaha

Do you really think my parents would give me a 4.8 sec 0 to 60, fast, SLK 55 AMG Mercedes Benz if I was immature. I got the car, I drive it, no one else it my family does, so shut up.

To anyone who knows how to put video clips on this forum. I wanna post some up on this forum.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:16 PM
Banned

SLK 55 AMG
Originally Posted by tery
how to go very fast with auto gearbox ??? put it in "D" as speed goes up down shift to 1st gear. 5-->4-->3-->2-->1
Why would I down shift? Don't I want the gears to go up. Plus, it doesn't go from D to 5 to 4 to 3, it goes from D (which is gear 7) to 1 and then you up shift.

BKLYN BENZ , is a loser hahahahahahahahaha.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:07 PM

... I don't even know you. Except your a loser trying to put down a teenager. How old are you? You say I'm immature ...
Uh, instead of getting all emotional, letting him get you into such a state, you might have just said the above
Old 03-03-2005, 12:24 AM
Banned

SLK 55 AMG
To BKLYNBENZ:
I don't even know you. Except your a loser trying to put down a teenager. How old are you? You say I'm immature.
Old 03-03-2005, 07:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
dude youre a retard. i could give two ****s what car you drive and if you read all my posts, i never put you down in one of them or said i didnt believe that you had the 55. i called you a loser cause you are the one getting upset that no one believes you and you care so much about what people think about you on the internet that you have to post pictures of you in the trunk of a car and you holding up a sign. come on, whos the real loser.

congratulations on your new car thats all i have to say about that. i just find your posts on this board way out of left field and to me it always seems like you are trying to prove yourself. no one really gives a ****. if all you have to say is "hahahaha, youre a loser" then you are just confirming the fact that you are a little teenage piece of ****. welcome to a grown up conversation. i think steve clark said it best in your other thread when he asked you:

Originally Posted by Steve Clark
Are you always this detached from reality?
Old 03-03-2005, 12:24 PM

SLK55
This seems to work!

https://mbworld.org/forums/profile.php?do=editlist
Old 03-03-2005, 09:08 PM

SLK 55 AMG...you need a hug.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:20 AM

1975 Ford Pinto
Old 03-04-2005, 02:33 AM
Banned

SLK 55 AMG
I want to thank those people who sent me a PM, all of the advice I got was great. I have not raced yet.

To any admins, you can close this thread (stop it and block it.)
Old 03-04-2005, 10:49 AM

How about we just block you. Oh yeah this is America where free speech triumphs. Damn!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SLK 55 AMG Vs. WRX STI and 2002 Porsche Carrera