Suggestions & Feedback Use this forum to post and discuss suggestions for both the MBworld.org Disucussion Forums and the the MBworld.org Website.

MODERATORS....take the hint!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 11:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C230K Sport Coupe, 1986 190E 2.3
Well since this all started way back one in the W203 section. And it is stated that there is a drop off in W203 posts since the Kineda Incedent, then would I be wrong in assuming this thread should have stayed in the W203 section? Seems to me it is getting moved so no one sees it and responds to it. Since for one I never come into the Suggestions Forum. Also it started in the W203 section and was moved here without the thread still being pointed to in the W203 section. Just seems like everytime someone wants to talk about it that it gets moved here to the one place no one will really comment on it. I think that is the point trying to be made. This was not a suggestion type thread when it started. It was a comment on the current status of this forum and specifically the W203 section.
Old 02-26-2004, 12:12 PM

C230 Komp Sedan - 2003
I use to be here and post now i come here very seldom and don't bother to post the W203 Forum is goin down the toilet. i'm not gonna get into the bs of why when all that BS but if you are a Moderator you know what you done to turn people like me and many others OFF. and that just don't mean me being turned off from the Forum .... i mean i bought my H&R cup kits from Evo sport...and well thats the last thing i buy from them ever!
Old 02-26-2004, 12:14 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
Originally posted by mctwin2kman
Well since this all started way back one in the W203 section. And it is stated that there is a drop off in W203 posts since the Kineda Incedent, then would I be wrong in assuming this thread should have stayed in the W203 section?
This was not a thread related to W203 cars. It would be considered "feedback" from a member. We already had a very long post where this topic (TOU) was discussed to death, and we kept that in the W203 forum.

Seems to me it is getting moved so no one sees it and responds to it. Since for one I never come into the Suggestions Forum. Also it started in the W203 section and was moved here without the thread still being pointed to in the W203 section. Just seems like everytime someone wants to talk about it that it gets moved here to the one place no one will really comment on it. I think that is the point trying to be made. This was not a suggestion type thread when it started. It was a comment on the current status of this forum and specifically the W203 section.
As stated above, there already is a thread on the W203 forum discussing a similar event. Neither of these threads are related to W203 cars, but rather to individual members and the Terms of Use for this forum. The other thread was kept on the W203 forum to give users the opportunity to communicate openly with the Administrators and Moderators. These problems all boil down to one thing: the terms of use. The administrators feel that they have set reasonable terms, and they are sticking to them.

We also have members that want to post only to disrupt our forum and nothing more. Proof of that can be found by reading threads on mbklasse. In fact, the original post in this thread points to a great example. The poster asked a question about his signature, and even stated that they would be happy to change it if it violated the terms of use. When he was informed that it did, he went to the other forum and started the MBWORLD bashing thread. Here is his original thread:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=61439

Since then, we have been accused of trying to protect one sponsor over another, editing and deleting threads, letting certain members violate the TOU, while others are banned for doing so. The facts are, we are not protecting any of the sponsors, outside of the TOU. I do not work for ANY of them, so I have no reason for doing so, nor has anyone ever asked me to. If members violate the TOU, we will address that. However, we cannot review every single post on this forum, and we rely heavily on member input. Of course, when we hear of a member that is purposely planning to violate our terms, we will watch that member more closely. As for the editing and deleting; to my knowledge, there has been no post edited (unless you count merging it into one thread), or deleted since the original post by the member Rick.
Old 02-26-2004, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

arg...

Either way, no matter how subjective this has all become, I only follow the occasional link over here now. Wish it was different.
Old 02-26-2004, 01:48 PM
Banned

Mr Vanos,

Im sure you do have better things to do. I mean you have a business to run, I'm not going to go thru this you-hit-me-first tit for tat pansy bs with you. Your actions speak for itself...doesn't matter who from your admin panel did what, each individual from your panel is an equal representative of your company.

I am only 1 of many. I don't need to justify what I've said or beetch about it like some baby. Your actions further reinforce the points I have raised with my comments/remarks.

As for the acting like a child part, hey, you've gotta speak your audiences' lingo for them to understand? Civilized and professional manner...oh my, was that a joke? A professional would have stood by his sponsors, and laid down firm action against meaningless name-calling, insults, vulgarities etc...the post by CLKAL wasn't 1 page of bs, not 2 pages of bs, not 3 pages of bs BUT ****ING 20++ pages of it.

Where was your professionalism when you deleted/moved our threads without even displaying the <-- Moved icon? Or giving some form of notice...no instead you just removed it entirely, and dumped it all here. Don't be asking for my professionalism or courtesy when you give none, you don't have the right.

I don't feel a sense of achievement, but I do feel a sense of righteousness. I've done my part, you can insult me all you want, deny everything like you always do, it's your forum...as for how many members you'll have left, that is all up to you. I'm just the guy trying to shed some light to the subject for the general public, since you keep deleting and hiding my replies, and because pms and cordial requests don't seem to work with you...and blatant but substantiated remarks about your company seem to work and get up-to-the-minute responses.

Last edited by mbphreak; 02-26-2004 at 02:51 PM.
Old 02-26-2004, 05:18 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
I find it funny that people who complain are usually those that only joined recently i.e. the last 6 months or so, or those that don't make a lot of posts on daily basis. Most of us that posts daily and have been here for a long time really doesn't care about this discussion.
Old 02-26-2004, 06:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Originally posted by mbphreak
As for the acting like a child part, hey, you've gotta speak your audiences' lingo for them to understand? Civilized and professional manner...oh my, was that a joke? A professional would have stood by his sponsors, and laid down firm action against meaningless name-calling, insults, vulgarities etc...the post by CLKAL wasn't 1 page of bs, not 2 pages of bs, not 3 pages of bs BUT ****ING 20++ pages of it.
Hmmm, you seem to care an awful lot about this one thread. A thread where you were participating in the name calling.....

Where was your professionalism when you deleted/moved our threads without even displaying the <-- Moved icon? Or giving some form of notice...no instead you just removed it entirely, and dumped it all here. Don't be asking for my professionalism or courtesy when you give none, you don't have the right.
I'll say it again, there was NO thread edited or deleted. The MULTIPLE threads that were created (all in the wrong forums) were merged into the ONE thread in the correct forum. ALL the originators of the threads were advised that their threads had been merged.

I don't feel a sense of achievement, but I do feel a sense of righteousness. I've done my part, you can insult me all you want, deny everything like you always do, it's your forum...as for how many members you'll have left, that is all up to you. I'm just the guy trying to shed some light to the subject for the general public, since you keep deleting and hiding my replies, and because pms and cordial requests don't seem to work with you...and blatant but substantiated remarks about your company seem to work and get up-to-the-minute responses.
You seem to want to spread a lot of Mis-information. None of your posts have been deleted or hidden. Your questions about your signature was handled in a professional way. You didn't like the answer, so you decided to go on this rant.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by FrankW
I find it funny that people who complain are usually those that only joined recently i.e. the last 6 months or so, or those that don't make a lot of posts on daily basis. Most of us that posts daily and have been here for a long time really doesn't care about this discussion.
You don't care but you're posting in it...?

How long have I been here? Where are my posts being made now? Are they worthless? Could you benefit from them?

And enough other long-termers are either not here or not participating as much. I never posted a lot here or anywhere, but typically my posts had substance.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by revstriker
Hmmm, you seem to care an awful lot about this one thread. A thread where you were participating in the name calling.....[/b]I'll say it again, there was NO thread edited or deleted. The MULTIPLE threads that were created (all in the wrong forums) were merged into the ONE thread in the correct forum. ALL the originators of the threads were advised that their threads had been merged.

You seem to want to spread a lot of Mis-information. None of your posts have been deleted or hidden. Your questions about your signature was handled in a professional way. You didn't like the answer, so you decided to go on this rant. [/B]
digital puke...

Any response on the 20+ page vendor bashing that wasn't locked moved or merged until now?
Old 02-26-2004, 08:16 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally posted by nukblazi
You don't care but you're posting in it...?

How long have I been here? Where are my posts being made now? Are they worthless? Could you benefit from them?

And enough other long-termers are either not here or not participating as much. I never posted a lot here or anywhere, but typically my posts had substance.
like I said...I don't care about the topic of "is there something wrong with the moderators." Read what I wrote how you like, but I never said any member's post are worthless that I can't benefit from them.

let this topic die already...
Old 02-26-2004, 08:41 PM
Banned

Hey super moderator,

I think you should look where I got the "child naming calling part" it was a quote from your buddy Mr. Vanos. Did you fail English or are you some illiterate ****?

NOW that's name calling on my part and my first and only.

Don't even tell me my threads were not deleted when they were. WHERE IS THE "<== MOVED" INDICATOR TO THE THREADS?? WHY DIDN'T YOU DO THE SAME FOR THAT STUPID CLKAL THREAD? all you did was lock it, and only after I left that remark about Evosport. pfffttt, professional...professional at covering your own behinds.

Pffft, my sig? Well, if you pple could follow more closely to your stupid TOA, and not keep giving me mixed answers (MB BOB said it's not ok, then MACH430 said it's ok, then Vanos said it wasn't ok) maybe I wouldn't need to go on a rant.

Last edited by mbphreak; 02-26-2004 at 08:59 PM.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:27 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Originally posted by mbphreak
Pffft, my sig? Well, if you pple could follow more closely to your stupid TOA, and not keep giving me mixed answers (MB BOB said it's not ok, then MACH430 said it's ok, then Vanos said it wasn't ok) maybe I wouldn't need to go on a rant.
mbphreak...

I've tried to stay out of this fray...

I said your siggy was not OK, if it included references off-site to commercial interests, such as mbklasse.com, to which Mr V agrees. To the extent that other moderators disagree with me... perhaps we are trying rather hard to allow you some lattitude of play, rather than go ballistic.

However, please don't take it as license to continue, as I respectfully disagree with the confrontational tact you have taken with it. While it's your right to express yourself, "fighting for your forum rights" in a virtual world simply makes no sense to me. You'd be better served walking into your back yard at night and baying at the moon.

Not to mention that there are no such things as forum rights. You have a right to life. You have a right to liberty. You have a right to your pursuit of happiness. But I am frankly tired of people purporting to assert their rights here. You do not have rights here, but instead you have privileges, only. My suggestion would be that everyone watch your privileges carefully, and try to be polite.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Founder

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 GT R Pro, 2019 GT3 RS, 2018 GT3 Touring
This thread is neither going anywhere, nor is it constructive. I feel some people really have the community's best interest in mind (regardless of whether you agree with the topic or not), while others are ranting just for pure self validation. "Fight for your forum rights..."??? If this is what makes you feel righteous, more power to you. There is NO hidden agenda here by any of the moderators. Threads were not moved without a pointer on purpose, so GET OVER IT. There are way too many assumptions made without knowing the facts. If you were mislead or misinformed, then I apologize and let's clarify the facts now. If we want to continue this discussion, I suggest we stop ranting and either let this die or turn it into something constructive. If your pure motivation is to cause conflict regardless, I recommend you find yourself a new place to dwell.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:11 PM
Banned

Already have a new place

I'm not going to even dignify that with a response...at least Bob made some coherent sense, but you...well, I'll just leave it at that.

See you at HIN!
Old 02-27-2004, 12:27 AM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Originally posted by nukblazi
digital puke...

Any response on the 20+ page vendor bashing that wasn't locked moved or merged until now?
For what it's worth....

I'm not a moderator on that forum (W208) so I don't normally read those threads. I didn't even know about the thread in question until it was mentioned somewhere else. After reading through the whole thing, it was clear that there were some members that were out of control with their personal insults, so I decided to close the thread.

Now I'm not sure if anyone reported that thread to a moderator (since I'm not a moderator on that forum, I would not have been notified), but this would have been the first step a member should have taken. They could of also PM'd any moderator, or the admin too. If a sponsor feels that they are being treated on the forum unfairly, then they should take that up with the administrator.
Old 02-27-2004, 03:42 AM
Banned

WHY WAS MY SIG REMOVED? YOU SAID IT WAS OK? WHAT ANOTHER PRE-MENSTRUAL RELATED CHANGE OF THE TOA? ? ?

WHAT? ANOTHER PRE-MENSTRUAL RELATED CHANGE TO YOUR TOA? Give me your excuse, I can't wait to here your next lame one. Don't tell me you're not allowing mine and allowing benzworld.org, cardomain.com, sounddomain.com, europrojecktz.com etc etc.

You take off mine I want to see you enforce your TOA on all the other peeps *in the 100s* with those .com references!

Last edited by mbphreak; 02-27-2004 at 04:24 AM.
Old 02-27-2004, 04:25 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
mbphreak,

Your signature clearly links to a competing site, which I, MB-Bob, Mr. Vanos, and who knows how many other moderators, have told you time and time again is not acceptable. The fact that you edited your signature today (of course clearly forgot to mention that in your outburst) would make any previous approval (which there are none) futile.

If you can not comprehend this, then I do not know what to tell you. You know what is acceptable and what is not. From your first post on this forum, you have done nothing but attempt to stir up trouble. It wasn't funny when you were attacking MBenzNL, and it is not funny now. Surely you can find something to fill the void that drives you to spend hours each day disrupting our forum.

This is a private forum, which you are allowed to participate in. 13,000 other members can respect these rules, why can't you? You wrote that you already have a new place. Maybe you should stay there.
Old 02-27-2004, 04:31 AM
Banned

Ha? Don't try to play the "i'm such a vulnerable victim" ploy. I edited my sig, to downsize the bitrate so it loads faster....nothing else was changed! EVERYONE CAN CHECK IT ON OFFTOPIC.COM I LABELLED THEM MBWORLDSIG2 thru 3 hahaha lets see who gets caught in a lie here. ALL OF THEM ARE IDENTICAL EXCEPT FOR IMAGE SIZE!

I want to see all the benzworld.org, cardomain.com, sounddomain.com, europrojektz.com sigs removed as well, as a show of your claimed "unbias enforcement of TOA."

Better get on it boy, u have at least a few hundred to go through. Need my help to give you a jump start?

Don't bring Steve into this, he knows I was messing with him and it's water under the bridge.
Old 02-27-2004, 04:46 AM
Banned

AND STOP GOING THRU MY PMs, I DID 2 TEST RUNS w/ some of my friends and I NEVER RECEIVED THEM neither DID THEY RECEIVE MY REPLIES.

Private messaging on mbworld! ! ! woohooo what a joke.
Old 02-27-2004, 05:04 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
mbphreak,

First, yes, you did change your signature. While the picture remained the same, your text changed. To name one of the changes, it went from cklasse.com to www.cklasse.com. While you may count that as being exactly the same, it clearly is not, and thus you have been caught in the lie.

To this date, not one private message has ever been viewed without the direct consent of all parties involved. Give it a rest, seriously. If you can't figure out how to send a private message properly, maybe you should ask. The only way to even access your private messages would be to log in as you. Since we do not know your password, this would mean that it would be necessary to change your password to one that we could use to log in, thus leaving you unable to log on. But wait, you did!

You accuse us of being so overbearing on you, yet you have violated multiple rules and not been banned. You personally post on other forums about your goals to disrupt the daily activities on MBWorld. I for one am done playing your games. You don't have to like our rules, you even don't have to agree with our rules, but if you can't abide by our rules than you need to leave.
Old 02-27-2004, 05:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 121 Likes on 111 Posts
C230 Sport Coup + 2006 W164 ML350 + 99 Ford Escort (What the heck, it gets 38 mpg!)

Oh geez, isn't this **** ever gonna end?
Pluck my eyeballs out and feed 'em to the dog!
C'mon people. It's just the way it is.
It's their forum, their money.
God if it was me and I had to put up with this crap (as an owner), I'd put an M80 in the server and never look back.
I'm not saying anything about who's right and wrong.
In fact I don't agree with alot of things here as of late.
But I'm SICK of discussing it.

Fact is nothing is private in the internet unless you use encryption.
Move on.

Last edited by C230 Sport Coup; 02-27-2004 at 05:23 AM.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:22 AM

2008 C300 Sport
Originally posted by MB-BOB
I said your siggy was not OK, if it included references off-site to commercial interests, such as mbklasse.com, to which Mr V agrees.
Hi Bob,

A question for my own edification. This isn't meant to cause distress.

1. Are sites such as MBKlasse.com and BenzForum.com considered commercial interests because they have their own sponsors or simply because they are another benz website? I think a clarification might be useful.

2. On a few occassions, I've linked the MacNeil website when folks have asked about their weatherflectors. I have no affiliation with them other than being a customer. Also, I've never noted them to be a sponsor on any benz forum. As MacNeil is obviously an online business, was providing those links wrong?

Thanks in advance.
Mark
Old 02-27-2004, 09:51 AM
Banned

Bantha
The admins of this site have no clear cut rules or lines of delineation, it is apparent that they make it up as they go along; ***** nilly style. Get used to it, its not professional but it is the way it is...Their response will be take it or leave it.
Old 02-27-2004, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 CLK500, 04 X3, No 07 GT3RS :(
I think the mods should just ban all these ranters and stop discussing site policies in public. I've been a mod on a non-car hobby site for the last 5 years, and these types of site policy debate threads serve no real purpose and only put the mod/admins in a tough, thankless position. Every mod that I've met volunteers on their own free time, and it's amazing to see just how disrepectful and arrogant members are allowed to be on this site. I have never seen the admins/mods do anything out of line and think that the members are affordered WAY too many rights. Allowing public debate of site policy produces nothing positive.

In the year or so that I've been on this site, I have only seen a couple controversial things come up, but they all appear to come from the c-class forums. I saw the littany of shill/spam/commerical posts by that guy that recently got banned, and IMO it was justified because he was clearly trying to use his pictures to solicit sales. I know because he offered to sell me stuff when I PM'd him. So to me, alot of the rants about the ban are either based on misinformation or outright ignorance. IMO the mods need to cull the herd and move on.
Old 02-27-2004, 01:17 PM
Banned

What a liar u are. By adding a www it makes it different because? Hey Mach430, try typing mbworld.org in your browser...can you open the page? YES what's the diff then?...o yea I made all the typesizes smaller too, what a BIG DIFFERENCE.

NO ACCESS TO MY ACCOUNT UNLESS U LOG IN w/ MY PASS?? BULL, HOW DID YOU REMOVE MY SIG THEN? CAUGHT IN ANOTHER LIE. Dropped your pants and said alakazam?

Hey man, I kindly ask you to better enforce your TOA on those other .org .coms and .nets if you plan to be such a by-the-toa standup guy you claim to be. Seriously...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MODERATORS....take the hint!