Suggestions & Feedback Use this forum to post and discuss suggestions for both the MBworld.org Disucussion Forums and the the MBworld.org Website.

MODERATORS....take the hint!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2004 | 06:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C230K Coupe/Orion/C4/C5/CD/AMG Spoiler/V60/TeleAid, 2 MGB's
MODERATORS....take the hint!

http://www.mbklasse.com/forums/showt...&threadid=5003

Current and former members are getting tired of your imperialistic attitudes. MBWorld.org used to be a very good resource, but now your most informative members are moving (or have been banned for ridiculous misinterpretations by YOUR moderators), and this ongoing arguement is getting stupid.

I could post similar links from other forums, but I'm sure that would get me banned (and if this does, do what you will and add me to the 'former members list). Don't misinterpret this as an advertisement for 'the other team'...it's not. My intention is to give you this wake up call, so you don't lose anyone else.

Maybe you should take a more mature stance and start restoring the accounts of people you banned for 'advertising competition' as a measure of good faith, letting them know not to cross the ever changing line you draw in the sand.....

(Bring back MB-Bob to restore some sense to your decisions)

Last edited by Rick; 02-25-2004 at 06:55 AM.
Old 02-25-2004 | 07:49 AM
taylor192

Losing a bunch of C-class customers isn't in the best interest of the sponsors, yet I doubt they care.

We're the 'ecomony' owners of this forum, often finding deals or trying to arrange discounts. Look at the other classes and how much some people spend and don't care about a huge discount. If the moderators let in us making deals/discounts, perhaps then the other class owners will want the same priviledge and there goes the bottom-line.

Its their business, they can/will run it how they want, and even though I disagree with what they are doing, I can see why.
Old 02-25-2004 | 01:16 PM

2008 C300 Sport
I don't know about the "economy" theory. It's as good as anything that's been posted.

But, from my own observations, this forum definitely isn't what it used to be even compared to a mere 6 months ago. A lot of harm was done on both sides during the "Kineda debacle" in particular. Accusations from both sides and no definitive proof offered for actions taken. Nobody wants to admit the damage done. It is clear, however, that MBWORLD took the big hit.

A simple look at the W203 board shows that usage of the board has dramtically decreased here and increased at other sites. Don't listen to blather about total members, actual usage tells the true story. It used to be that when I checked the W203 board, I had to go through 2-3 pages of postings. Now it averages half a page for 24 hours.

Don't get me wrong, there is still good information to be had at this site, but the fun is no longer here in the same manner as the past. The advertisers taking real control have killed the comaraderie that used to prevail.

Just my .02 worth.
Old 02-25-2004 | 02:04 PM
Banned

They allow benzworld.org, cardomain.com, sounddomain.com, europrojektz.com but they won't allow mbklasse.com?

I think it's just personal. I'm probably going to get banned for posting something on the other site anyways I guess. Just wanted the moderators to have a dose of their own medicine; to see how they would feel when their private messages are not private; where their own changing of the TOA to meet their own fancies, can backfire on themselves, selfishness, yea that's right, selfishness, when you act so quickly to cover your own a$$ but let your other sponsors get burnt, flamed, insulted. Have you read the post by CLKAL by any chance? That nonsense should have ended 3 pages in when it became an endless name calling/he-hit-me-first bull**** between one of your SPONSORS and a cheapa$$ doctor who can't distinguish his left nut from his right. When numerous members have asked for it to be locked? You turn a blind eye, because it doesn't harm you, it harms your competition.

It's always been about personal gain if you ask me. That's my 2 cents and if I get banned for sharing my opinions, so be it, the other place is nicer anyways, and the community actually can give input that is acted upon by the moderators. FREEDOM OF SPEECH.PRIVACY FOR YOUR PERSONAL MESSAGES, to name a few.

1Byte limit to prevent quote: uploading of ****, viruses etc

what bs. it just makes your job of controlling the information ppl can or cannot access much easier. That's my interpretation of everything, and your timing of these actions was just too coordinated with other occuring events during that time frame, making your selfish intentions even more obvious, besides, I have yet to see ppl post **** on the forum That my friends, is my 2 cents, and probably my last on this forum.

If Im going to get banned for sharing my opinion, please let this go on record.

Last edited by mbphreak; 02-25-2004 at 02:11 PM.
Old 02-25-2004 | 02:13 PM
Almost a Member!

C230K
Haha, this site cracks me up, i've been a memeber of many message forums, i ahev never seen moderators so fu***** stupid, i'm sure that will get me kicked off, but what the hell so i care, as no one prolly does, mbklasse is more organized and has the same members there and more, and they actually post there! Seriosously, moderators, u have ruined the w203 forum.

I think i'm just in a real pissed off mood today!

**BY the way, i know i can't type!! i'm too lazy to fix it.

Last edited by BOOSTEDPGT; 02-25-2004 at 06:47 PM.
Old 02-25-2004 | 02:54 PM
Banned

W203 Cover Up

Here is the P8 unravelled:

See what I mean by the admin only worried about covering their own behinds? See how they control information to make you think they are the only source for your needs? See how fast they respond to things that affect them? The Thread "Moderators Take the Hint" was originally posted here in the W203 Section and MOVED without even the <-- Moved indicator by the thread name or a notice.

Here is the original thread for ppl to reference:
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=61587

The Moderators' actions are just making it more and more obvious their true, selfish, **** intentions, they only care about themselves, saving their own asses, and banning anyone who poses even a minute threat to their tiny business.

NICE P8 Concept! Let my statement on the "take a hint" thread go on record.
Old 02-25-2004 | 02:58 PM

2002 c320 wagon
Re: W203 Cover Up

nice sig...
Old 02-25-2004 | 03:31 PM
Banned

Re: Re: W203 Cover Up

Originally posted by silverLorinserC
nice sig...
I think it's just personal. I'm probably going to get banned for posting something on the other site anyways I guess. Just wanted the moderators to have a dose of their own medicine; to see how they would feel when their private messages are not private; where their own changing of the TOA to meet their own fancies, can backfire on themselves, selfishness, yea that's right, selfishness, when you act so quickly to cover your own a$$ but let your other sponsors get burnt, flamed, insulted. Have you read the post by CLKAL by any chance? That nonsense should have ended 3 pages in when it became an endless name calling/he-hit-me-first bull**** between one of your SPONSORS and a cheapa$$ doctor who can't distinguish his left nut from his right. When numerous members have asked for it to be locked? You turn a blind eye, because it doesn't harm you, it harms your competition.

It's always been about personal gain if you ask me. That's my 2 cents and if I get banned for sharing my opinions, so be it, the other place is nicer anyways, and the community actually can give input that is acted upon by the moderators. FREEDOM OF SPEECH.PRIVACY FOR YOUR PERSONAL MESSAGES, to name a few.

what bs. it just makes your job of controlling the information ppl can or cannot access much easier. That's my interpretation of everything, and your timing of these actions was just too coordinated with other occuring events during that time frame, making your selfish intentions even more obvious, besides, I have yet to see ppl post **** on the forum That my friends, is my 2 cents, and probably my last on this forum.

Old 02-25-2004 | 03:32 PM
Banned

Old 02-25-2004 | 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C230K Sport Coupe, 1986 190E 2.3
I would have to agree with the Phreak on this one. This business with Kineda and what followed has totally ruined this forum. No more usefull info in the W203 section. I used to like both sites as they were both helpfull and informative. Some information was here that was not on CsportCoupe, and vise - versa. Now I come here purely to help out those few that have no idea about MBKLASSE's existance. I never point them there, I just try to hep them with my limited knowledge of MB's. It is actually dissapointing that the owners of MBWORLD and the Sponsors that are supposed to be here to help the comunity have let this go this far. And it just keeps getting worse. Funny how one user can and one moderator/admin can cause this many problems. Kineda should have never been banned and whomever did make this decision should be punished somehow. Like any business you can not make a rash decision as was made. If this was a business selling something and it alienated this many customers they would surely be hurting in the pocket book. And maybe because of all this the sponsors will lose out on some sales if not many sales that they could have had. And that is what Sponsorship is all about. They sponsor to pick up and increase business and get there name out there more. Not to lose customers and business because of some admin on a power trip. No matter what the outcome of all this was or will be the sponsors have lost me as a potential customer when they should have stood up and said something instead of sitting back and watching it.
Old 02-25-2004 | 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Exclamation Wake up call....please read!

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=61587

That's exactly what I'm talking about.....
Old 02-25-2004 | 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

09' BMW M3 E90
MB-Bob is gone? When did this happen? What was the reason? All the old members are starting to disapear.
Old 02-25-2004 | 09:06 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
what the heck are you guys talking about? MB-BOB is still here. Go check his personal profile, it says last post at 2/24/2004.
Old 02-25-2004 | 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209 - W163
Some aspects i agree with you guys... but this topic has been beaten to death and nothing has changed, save your energy, just accept what has happened, nuff' said... mbworld is a great community, but so is mbklasse (great guys over there) but this problem is ripping it apart... why dont we do this and im serious... just so we put an end to all this...

The members (not adminis) all elect 3 representatives of who they think could represent the board members best... we take our 3 top elected representatives of the members and basically have a thread where only these 3 representatives and selected 3 administrators can post and just work out a deal together to end this on-going battle and bring some peace back to the forums...

This will enable the frustrated members to voice thier opinions in a mature manner, that way the admins will hear what the members really want so that we can come up with a fast solution that will make both sides happy.

If both sides agree to this, I would like to organize something that way the members can talk to the representatives and bring up valid points that they want the admins to know that way they can bring them up during this meeting.

What do you guys think? I think it seems civil, both sides can bring up points without it being this whole big yelling fest.
Old 02-25-2004 | 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

this is absurd

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=61653

and now they deleted it......guess they dont like being told they're WRONG
Old 02-25-2004 | 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 VW GTI
The problem with this solution is that it assumes that members have at least some authority in dictating policy here. This is not the case.

However, if anyone feels that they have an issue, feel free to contact the Moderators and/or Admins in a civil, professional manner. Respectable conduct will be replied to with respect in return.

BTW, where is "thread after thread" about the subject? I was under the impression that the situation had died down a bit.
Old 02-25-2004 | 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209 - W163
session I agree with you, Im just trying to work something out, I saw a thread started in the C-Class forum and in the Suggestions forum, and then on MBKlasse. Its just getting annoying, I wanted to put an end to it.

I respect your positions, but I do feel it wouldnt hurt if there was some sort of confrence just so that both sides are heard, but it is completely on the admins/mods.

Well it was worth a try! Hahaha
Old 02-25-2004 | 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 VW GTI
Originally posted by Viktorious
I respect your positions, but I do feel it wouldnt hurt if there was some sort of confrence just so that both sides are heard, but it is completely on the admins/mods.

Well it was worth a try! Hahaha
I feel the same way. However, I don't see what's preventing people from contacting the Moderators or Admins if they have a problem. The Suggestions & Feedback forum has always existed, and our PM boxes are open.

Most members here conduct themselves in a completely civil, rational manner. This is appreciated. However, the few that act like children will be treated as such.
Old 02-25-2004 | 11:04 PM
Banned

Originally posted by session
I feel the same way. However, I don't see what's preventing people from contacting the Moderators or Admins if they have a problem. The Suggestions & Feedback forum has always existed, and our PM boxes are open.

Most members here conduct themselves in a completely civil, rational manner. This is appreciated. However, the few that act like children will be treated as such.
Why are you making assumptions? Who told you that no one contacted the admin? I did, but all I got was the go around and replies with a lot of smarta$$ remarks.

You are right about whoever act like children should be treated as such. That's why I slapped their smarta$$ attitude right back in their faces. I got my way with my sig and I've done enough damage...for now. Heck I even managed to get them to lock/close that stupid post by CLKAL in the W208 forum. Go figure.
Old 02-26-2004 | 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 VW GTI
Originally posted by mbphreak
Why are you making assumptions? Who told you that no one contacted the admin? I did, but all I got was the go around and replies with a lot of smarta$$ remarks.
I'm not making any assumptions. I only mentioned contacting MBWorld staff because Viktorious' solution seemed to indicate that this communication was somehow broken.

If you feel that a specific Admin or Moderator has wronged you, feel free to contact a different one.
Old 02-26-2004 | 12:32 AM
Super Moderator
MBWorld Ambassador

bone stock E55 AMG
my post has been deleted!!!
Old 02-26-2004 | 04:17 AM
MBWorld Founder

2020 GT R Pro, 2019 GT3 RS, 2018 GT3 Touring
If you think the job of our admins is to give you smart remarks, you are sadly mistaken. We do have better things to do with our time. There are policies in place and if you so choose to test them, then the response(s) you get are indicative of that. If there is an issue you care to discuss, I will gladly discuss it with you personally or in this thread before you attempt to make a martyr out of yourself. I've said this 100s of times and I will say it again, the job of a moderator is NOT easy. We work extremely hard (for FREE) to maintain some rest. Granted we're not perfect, but if there are serious issues you have then let's discuss them in a professional and civil manner.

You are right about whoever act like children should be treated as such. That's why I slapped their smarta$$ attitude right back in their faces. I got my way with my sig and I've done enough damage...for now. Heck I even managed to get them to lock/close that stupid post by CLKAL in the W208 forum. Go figure.
Applause to you. I can't imagine how great you must feel right now. For someone who seems so insightful, acting like a child right back at someone you are claiming is doing it to you really makes you a winner. And what other damage do you plan on doing may I ask? If your intentions are really for the good of this community, then I suggest you drop the attitude and focus on more constructive dialogue. Given that, I'm all ears...
Old 02-26-2004 | 08:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C230K Sport Coupe, 1986 190E 2.3
Mr.Vanos read my post please as I think that it hits the nail on the head as to what some problems are and how some members feel.
Old 02-26-2004 | 09:04 AM

2008 C300 Sport
Re: W203 Cover Up

See what I mean by the admin only worried about covering their own behinds? See how they control information to make you think they are the only source for your needs? See how fast they respond to things that affect them? The Thread "Moderators Take the Hint" was originally posted here in the W203 Section and MOVED without even the <-- Moved indicator by the thread name or a notice.
Funny, I checked back here yesterday after my earlier post just to see if this thread still existed. Sure enough, it was gone from its original location w/o the normal "moved" indicator. I had to do a search on my own ID to find it here.

This is precisely the type of arbitrary action that is harming this forum. What I can't comprehend is that the Admins and/or Moderators don't get it and continue to pursue a destructive path. Sad really.
Old 02-26-2004 | 10:34 AM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Re: Re: W203 Cover Up

Originally posted by Mark08859
Funny, I checked back here yesterday after my earlier post just to see if this thread still existed. Sure enough, it was gone from its original location w/o the normal "moved" indicator. I had to do a search on my own ID to find it here.

This is precisely the type of arbitrary action that is harming this forum. What I can't comprehend is that the Admins and/or Moderators don't get it and continue to pursue a destructive path. Sad really.
In an attempt to keep all of this discussion in one thread, other threads have been merged into this one. There is no need, nor is it helping matters any more, to have this same discussion in 10 different threads. Because when merging threads, there is no "redirect" left in place of the old one, the thread originators have been contacted via PM advising them of the situation.

You are assuming that we are trying to somehow control the discussion so it looks positively on us. We are not. From this assumption you come to the conclusion that we are somehow on a destructive path. The fact is, we are tying to keep discussions in the appropriate forum, and keep them all together so one does not have to read through multiple threads. You could say this is the basic job of being a moderator of a forum. As far as I know, nothing has been deleted or edited.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MODERATORS....take the hint!