Suggestions & Feedback Use this forum to post and discuss suggestions for both the MBworld.org Disucussion Forums and the the MBworld.org Website.

Colorado Regional Thread?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2021 | 04:35 PM

2016 AMG G63
Colorado Regional Thread?

It would be great to have a Colorado Thread in the regional threads. I'd like to possibly organize some G-Wagen meetups and off-road treks. Thanks!
Old 12-14-2021 | 08:47 PM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by 2016-AMG-G63
It would be great to have a Colorado Thread in the regional threads. I'd like to possibly organize some G-Wagen meetups and off-road treks. Thanks!
You should be able to simply create a new thread in the proper area.

The sections are for members, like yourself, to create topics and discussions.

Creating a new thread in the area is no different than how you did so for this topic. Simply use the button to create a new thread in the correct area.
Old 12-14-2021 | 09:00 PM

2016 AMG G63
Originally Posted by IB JT
You should be able to simply create a new thread in the proper area.

The sections are for members, like yourself, to create topics and discussions.

Creating a new thread in the area is no different than how you did so for this topic. Simply use the button to create a new thread in the correct area.
I do not see that option on my end.
Old 12-15-2021 | 12:19 AM
IB Staff

I do not see that option on my end.
It is there. I verified it with your account. You have to be in the correct spot.

Regional Section:
https://mbworld.org/forums/regional-areas-111/

Southwest:
https://mbworld.org/forums/southwest-117/

Old 12-15-2021 | 10:00 AM

2016 AMG G63
It is there. I verified it with your account. You have to be in the correct spot.

Regional Section:
https://mbworld.org/forums/regional-areas-111/

Southwest:
https://mbworld.org/forums/southwest-117/
So I can start a new thread in the Southwest (which, really, Colorado isn't, IMO), but the defined states that make up the "Southwest" regional thread cannot be edited and they currently do not include Colorado.
Old 12-15-2021 | 05:53 PM
IB Staff

So I can start a new thread in the Southwest (which, really, Colorado isn't, IMO), but the defined states that make up the "Southwest" regional thread cannot be edited and they currently do not include Colorado.
It is debatable, depending on the source, what is considered "Southwest" to include Colorado or not.

Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southw..._United_States

The Southwestern United States, also known as the American Southwest or simply the Southwest, is a geographic and cultural region of the United States that generally includes Arizona, New Mexico, and adjacent portions of California, Colorado, Nevada, Oklahoma, Texas, and Utah.
There are other, government, agencies that also consider Colorado a "Southwest" state.

While Colorado may not be listed in the Southwest forum description, note that not all states are listed for each regional sub-forum. Only Staff can edit the forum descriptions and we can do so as needed.

Of the options there, which do you think is best to post Colorado content?
Old 12-16-2021 | 08:53 AM

2016 AMG G63
It is debatable, depending on the source, what is considered "Southwest" to include Colorado or not.

Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southw..._United_States

There are other, government, agencies that also consider Colorado a "Southwest" state.

While Colorado may not be listed in the Southwest forum description, note that not all states are listed for each regional sub-forum. Only Staff can edit the forum descriptions and we can do so as needed.

Of the options there, which do you think is best to post Colorado content?
That was a long way to tell me I was right and I can’t add Colorado to the Regional Forums. 😂

Id like Colorado as a stand alone regional forum, but if you won’t do that I would request you add Colorado as a listed state in the SW forum.

FWIW, I don’t know anyone in Colorado who considers us as living in the Southwest, regardless of what Wikipedia says.
Old 12-16-2021 | 10:14 AM
IB Staff

That was a long way to tell me I was right and I can’t add Colorado to the Regional Forums. 😂

Id like Colorado as a stand alone regional forum, but if you won’t do that I would request you add Colorado as a listed state in the SW forum.

FWIW, I don’t know anyone in Colorado who considers us as living in the Southwest, regardless of what Wikipedia says.
Well, if you had asked about creating a Colorado Regional Forum/Subforum, instead of a Colorado Regional Thread, you would have gotten a quicker answer since the two are very different. I didn't know that you meant Colorado having it's own forum since you used the word thread. Forums/Subforums could be considered folders while threads could be considered as the documents. Threads are organized into Forums/Sub-forums based on similar content. Forums/Subforums are usually added when there is enough content.

Except for a few states, currently, each state doesn't have their own Forum/Subforum in the Regional section. Of course this is subject to change based on feedback from both members and staff.