Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS...BAS/ESP WARNINGS!!! Failure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 08:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation ABS...BAS/ESP WARNINGS!!! Failure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK. During normal driving and moderate traffic, my Info. screen goes crazy! Indicating Failure Warnings... ABS, BAS, ESP. Any help with possible causes and cures would help, so I can avoid the cost of 'Discovery' at the shop.

2000 E55

Thanks.

BTW. The owners manual says the systems BAS & ESP, will fail/disengage/go offline??, if there is an ABS failure. So then would a brake job, which I am due, correct an ABS failure?
Old 02-26-2007, 03:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK63BS, SL55, G55, C43
If I were you I'd take it in quickly to a good workplace and swallow the discovery cost.

BAS (brake assist), ESP (electronic stability) and ABS (anti-lock brakes) are the mere things keeping you alive in that car.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:56 AM
Out Of Control!!

monowiper
did you have your battery disconnected recently?
if not, mostlikely just a sensor might be out,
if you don't own a scanner, go autozone, they'll pick up the code for you for free, then you'll know for sure which sensor is out
Old 02-26-2007, 04:26 AM

Arrow

"Sprins", you are right indeed. Just thought a fellow member may have experienced this.

"EuroSport" Thanks for the heads-up on AutoZone. Battery has not been recently disconnected. However in one of my personal quest, I removed fuses to various components in a failed attempt to restore my CD changer. (don't ask)...

Thanks to both of you...
Old 02-26-2007, 07:20 AM

Received 66 Likes on 37 Posts
Multiple
Nothing to panic. Happens all the time for the 00. Turn off the car, wait a minute and turn it back on again and it should go away. Mine has been doing it sporadically the past year no problems. Search here and benzworld, there is plenty to indicate it might be just a cheap break light switch. Talk to member glassjaw, he knows a lot about the issue.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:53 PM

"xxaarraa", Great!! did search, and many benzworld members indicated "Break Light Switch" issue.

When its your first MB, owned only a few months, and ignoring all the rhetoric; "don't buy", "very expensive", "high maintenance", etc., you can understand my thoughts and mild panic.
But I am grateful for this and other MB forums, its members, moderators, and sponsors, who willingly share.

Thanks
RJ...Still a Newbie, and I'm glad. 'Cause the youngest is always spoiled!
Old 02-26-2007, 02:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

monowiper
if you took out the fuse i think that might be just like disconnecting battery, start the car, try this, move steering wheel from left, right, all the way from lock to lock, should reset the lights, that's if all your sensor are in order...otherwise it's a sensor/switch
Old 03-24-2007, 03:52 PM

Exclamation Brake Light Switch???

Greetings all.
After doing some thread search, I found the instructions for changing the Brake Light Switch. However pictures in the thread, as well other pictures on the Web, differ from the switch supplied to me from the Dealer. My entire switch is white except for the housing/covering, it is black. Additionally the connection are entirely different. These are two wide tracks with 3 male prongs...... because of this I have three questions;

1) Do any of you have this type of switch? (2000 E55) Is there a difference?

2) Is the procedure for adjusting the plunger length the same in this switch?

3) Is there a tail light fuse that would cause this new switch/lights not to work?

I ask these questions because after changing the switch i still do not have Stop Lights and the BAS/S Warnings are still there of course.

I've not did the battery check, however after following instructions in other threads, my charge/voltage is reading 13+. According to the computer readout of the climate control info. screen.

So I apologize if this is a beaten horse, I'm just doing all i can before submitting car to the shop